• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
What does show in the genre is better than it? Utena doesn't work the kohai/sempai angle.
huh_zpsa300861e.jpg

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
The iDOLM@STER - 14

Welcome to the next stage ladies! New OP isn't bad, though I still prefer the first one. Maybe over time it'll grow on me a bit more. Anyways, I figured those arrogant boy band assholes
would be 765 production's rivals at some point.
No matter. They'll be crushed underfoot by the girls' awesomeness, with Makoto the swag leading the charge. Speaking of Makoto...

This is one HELL of a power couple! Makoto's dashing looks, Takane's elegant, refined nature.. together make for an awe-gazing pair.

Now if only they actually had interactions with each other on a daily basis we'd be getting somewhere. At this time Takane's OTP in my eyes is Yukiho. ^_^

Dresden

Still the best SOS quote.

Male heterosexual moe fans are frequently made fun of. Being called manchildren, basement dwellers, etc. It seems any anime journalist that gets paid actual money for their content have a negative view of heterosexual moe fans but have gone on the record of saying they support homosexual marriage (and have homosexual friends).

So there is this kind of weird morality they have where heterosexual moe fans are sexist and misogynistic (or at least of supporting such content), so their is a disapproval of moe fans for adhering to traditional sex roles, while the same person who disapproves of moe fans for that embraces homosexual relationships (either actually or by way of approval for their friends and others to do so).

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Syrinx: You're watching the english dub aren't you. With subs you wouldn't be having the same problems spelling names.

WHY

Moonlight

Banned
Yeah, the music in iDOLM@STER isn't that great. I love them because I like the franchise though.

Well, you can always listen to the two sing the same song and decide for yourself which is the better singer! Some people think that Takahashi Chiaki doesn't have enough volume in her songs. To me, she seems like she has more experience as a singer and it shows. I wouldn't be surprised if you disagreed with me though, lol.
Takahashi Chiaki (Azusa): LOST
Imai Asami (Chihaya): LOST
I dunno, I can definitely see what you mean when you say that. Takahashi Chiaki is skilled and her voice is pretty pleasant to listen to, especially relative to the usual quality of Idolm@ster singers, but after listening to both performances back to back a couple times, my vote still goes with Asami Imai. I think there's a certain quality of strength that Imai's vocals have over Takahashi's performance, and that makes up for some of the inconsistencies in her performance.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Awesome! Thanks for the link. His fights in Star Driver are definitely some of the more fluid, nicer ones in the show.

Apparently I have a lot more to learn! I just saw the cubes in the second Star Driver OP and thought it was Nakamura Yutaka :(. I guess I need to pay more attention to other things.

If this means you're dissing Jun Arai's scenes...

wonzo

Banned
HxH 2011 64

Man, they really are going through this stuff pretty quickly, not that I'm complaining as they've done a great job with the training arc and I've never enjoyed
the dumb stuff with Genthru, he's easily one of the least engaging antagonists in any series I've ever read.

NICE BAG

anime fans & bad taste go together like peas & corn

What the fuck is a smoking gun?
Seriously. Unless I'm making this harder than it is, I never ever heard of the term "smoking gun."

LOL.
just learn to use google already. jesus christ this shit isn't funny

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
just learn to use google already. jesus christ this shit isn't funny

I've already stated numerous times that it's easier to ask and be answered rather than google and get the wrong definition. If you don't want to answer then you're free to not answer or ignore it.

EDIT: Realizing that what I said could've come off as a bit jerkish. I don't mean anything offensive by what I said. I was just merely suggesting what you could do. If I offended you, sorry. T_T

She should be on all the covers though!

Are you duckroll?

wonzo

Banned
I've already stated numerous times that it's easier to ask and be answered rather than google and get the wrong definition.
If a word or a phrase has multiple definitions then it really shouldn't be hard to work out which ones right once you consider the context it's used in!

kayos90

If a word or a phrase has multiple definitions then it really shouldn't be hard to work out which ones right once you consider the context it's used in!

Unless I don't really understand the context or the joke that's supposed to be coming out of it. I'm really dense with this sort of thing so I apologize if it annoys you.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Texhnolyze 1

What.

Great first episode. The first 10 minutes or so where theres no dialogue at all was great stuff. It's just slow, brooding atmosphere told by whats going on in the show itself.

Honestly the show would have been a lot better if there was no literally dialogue at all at any point.

Branduil

I've already stated numerous times that it's easier to ask and be answered rather than google and get the wrong definition. If you don't want to answer then you're free to not answer or ignore it.

Indeed, you never know what kind of crazy answer google is going to give you. Much better to rely on people you know to answer your questions.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Search for "dictionary of cultural literacy", and buy the book or bookmark the site.

kayos90

Indeed, you never know what kind of crazy answer google is going to give you. Much better to rely on people you know to answer your questions.

Wait.... Are you being serious or are you being sarcastic. I really couldn't tell.

Search for "dictionary of cultural literacy", and buy the book or bookmark the site.

It came out 11 years ago. Wouldn't it be missing quite a bit of recent stuff?

Articalys

Everything is moe. Even vegetables.
As reported last June, Otoyo-cho Yutori Farm in Kochi Prefecture operated by a university student group "Niji Yasai Koubou" (roughly means Rainbow Vegetable Workshop) has been featuring moe girl illustrations on the packages of the vegetables such as snap peas and eggplant. The two moe girls named Saya Midorino (snap peas) and Shono Ayasaki (eggplant) were chosen by the first illustration contest which was held in March 2012. The contest was officially supported by the Kochi prefectural office.

Now they are holding the second illustration contest for their next vegetables, tomato and cucumber. The winner's illustrations will be featured on the packages of the vegetables. Thankfully, they welcome entries from foreign artists. You can submit your own tomato and cucumber girl illustrations to them! The deadline is on February 14th and the winners will be announced on February 28th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom