• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

I honestly feel really bad for the young animators that got stuck on Gonzo's team, they're not going to learn anything except how to make bad, ugly anime with lazy animation. :( What the heck did they waste their budget on?

This one doesn't look very good either and it doesn't even feel like a real Anime Mirai project with its history and subject matter.

The fact that the one uploaded late last year is exactly the same but with some really shitty music speaks volumes about how this is gonna turn out (very fucking poorly).

It's honestly one of the worst Anime PVs I've ever seen. The Anime Mirai committee must surely realize what a horrible mistake they've made.

wonzo

Banned
It's honestly one of the worst Anime PVs I've ever seen. The Anime Mirai committee must surely realize what a horrible mistake they've made.
Try telling that to this guy.

gonzo%27d.png

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Speaking of firehawk...

Looks like :firehawk Season 2 starts in July: http://tamayura.info/
Time for me to cry and smile at the same time!

Things My Precious Canadian Darling Firehawk Likes in His (HER?) Audiovisual Media Soup sounds like a light novel series that will soon be getting an anime adaptation.
Baaaaaaaka!

I'm watching Kubrick on Wikipedia, just how mad are you?
I'm glad you finally admit that Unknown Soldier is your alt!

Dresden

Actually, it seems like they already preaired the entire Arve Rezzle short on Nicovideo earlier this week. So if you want to watch the whole thing now, you can:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xxs8cn_yyy-yyy_shortfilms

Man, the first ten minutes is just some nerd sitting in a chair talking to a girl about internets, then he gets up from the chair to talk to her standing up, and then robot dogs with shoulder-mounted Uzis show up. zzz

e: god, this is bad. Bailing out.

duckroll

It still looks kinda assy which is to be expected from a Gonzo series, really.

Gonzo please die again.

I honestly feel really bad for the young animators that got stuck on Gonzo's team, they're not going to learn anything except how to make bad, ugly anime with lazy animation. :(

Try telling that to this guy.

gonzo%27d.png

You'll both regret your words when Gonzo's Silver Spoon is revealed.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Ninty will never be as great as it was once was because of how they handled the metroid franchise. they went to fusion, didnt do a sequel, then asked Team Ninja to do the game and it went to shit.

Other M is one of the greatest and most influential games of all time. How many other titles can claim to cause such emotions to erupt from players.

But seriously, the importance of Metroid and Other M are overblown.

Now Mario on the other hand, an actual important series for Nintendo, is going from strength to strength.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Okay, that actually sounds like it would make for quite an interesting podcast. I shall have to listen to it later.
It was almost as interesting as the one from last week where they had the guy on who was also around when anime was first licensed for release in America.

Bandai and how all that went down was just something else anyhow.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
GaoGaiGar 13-16

All the robot character in this show are boss, Volfogg :bow

And I'm impressed with the production value, sure its filled with stock footage.. but there's always some good looking cut between them, the Zonder's design also always cool.
Almost to some of that delicious meat.

So I've noticed there's no Touhou thread on the entirety of NeoGAF.

I know that in the video game section there's a couple of SHMUP threads. And I would assume or hope that they talk about Touhou here, since it is a prominent bullet hell franchise.

But Touhou is still more than that and there's Touhou games in just about ever genre that exists. And if not, there's probably mods for games in other genres to make up for that.

What gives, does GAF not like Touhou?

Milamber

I know that in the video game section there's a couple of SHMUP threads. And I would assume or hope that they talk about Touhou here, since it is a prominent bullet hell franchise.

But Touhou is still more than that and there's Touhou games in just about ever genre that exists. And if not, there's probably mods for games in other genres to make up for that.

Love the H-Doujins.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
[thread=146329]What[/thread] [thread=412001]is[/thread] [thread=266534]Google[/thread][thread=372726]?[/thread]

Articalys

Sometimes the best way to search isn't even through GAF's own search functionality, but via a site-restricted Google query, like "site:www.neogaf.com _____________" (without quotes around the whole thing, of course). I even have it set up as a quick keyword search in Firefox.

BluWacky

I didn't know there was an alternate Young Background Artist project!

That's exactly what I took away from the trailer - nice background art, and...

What amazes me is that, despite Gonzo dying and being reborn, this looks exactly like all the forgettable early 00s anime they used to make. While of course I can't assess the content, visually it looks like they've learnt nothing in the interim.

duckroll

That's exactly what I took away from the trailer - nice background art, and...

What amazes me is that, despite Gonzo dying and being reborn, this looks exactly like all the forgettable early 00s anime they used to make. While of course I can't assess the content, visually it looks like they've learnt nothing in the interim.

I'm not sure why that would amaze anyone though. Gonzo didn't die because they made sloppy products. They died because they over-expanded their business, relied way too much on the booming American anime industry for co-productions and licensing, and when the funds started drying up they couldn't maintain their production expenses anymore.

So if many years later, the same creative talent who made Gonzo shows got back together after a company restructuring, why would they do things any differently? It certainly wasn't their fault that the studio went under after all!

BluWacky

So if many years later, the same creative talent who made Gonzo shows got back together after a company restructuring, why would they do things any differently? It certainly wasn't their fault that the studio went under after all!

Oh, you and your rational thinking :(

It would just have been nice to see a change in creative approach, is all.

cajunator

Banned
So Gonzo uploaded another PV for their Anime Mirai project RYO a few days ago. It still looks kinda assy which is to be expected from a Gonzo series, really.

Hiding the actual character designs doesn't give me much confidence in this. I'm kinda worried now. :(

ohbaudelaire.png

It is the weakest looking of the projects. Doesnt look like interesting subject matter.

Well that one looks like Tweeny Witches and Studio 4C sort of stuff. Its amazing.

I like Touhou. Im not awesome at it but its cute and challenging and I love the music. I also love Utsuho Reiuji the dumb hell raven who shoots suns at you.

BluWacky

1) Oh my! Did anything ever come of the "penguinbear" website and those Lily Hoshino designs that were floating around? I'm obviously excited regardless.

The Penguinbear site's been updated a few times since the original reveal. The only real announcement we've had so far is that there's going to be a manga adaptation of Penguindrum running fairly soon (I think it might have already started), but the site is heavily hinting at an anime reveal - the most recent updates show photos from a meeting with storyboards and another one from a recording booth, so I'm hoping that whatever this PV is next month is tied in with that.

Of course, I'd be happy if it was a new project as well, as more Ikuni is always good. But more in the Penguindrum universe wouldn't make me sad :)

2) Yes, sort of; I left it at around 11 or 12. I never actually disliked the show, but I was impressed by the uptick in quality at around that point. I am looking to resume things stopped for indeterminate life reasons, such as SSY.

Cool - I remembered you were enjoying it.

Syrinx

He's a dirty Nanami-lover, though.
I am?!

I do tend to like her episodes though as she's so insane that they're usually hilarious or just plain out there. Or both.

As for me watching the rest, I probably won't be able to do it for a bit because my stupid dad is visiting this weekend and he wants to "see me" and "spend time with me" and "actually do shit". Spring break afterward though. May be able to finish then.

cajunator

Banned
Futari Wa Precure 30

A typical school episode again...or is it?
Now there are
three powerful villains after Porun and the prism stones
At one point it seems like they finally
get the guardian along with the stones, but Porun summons a new power for the Precure and they unleash their most powerful attack ever
that temporarily frustrates the 3 baddies. They attempt to capture the guardian of the stones, but before that happens,
He transfers them to Porun, fifth element style.
The Precure now assume that the
guardian is the hostage again, along with the stones,
and ponder what to do and
how effective the new power is
Porun is still the cutest thing in this entire show. Also a new eyecatch in the middle!

sonicmj1

Windy Tales 8

This was another great episode. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

ijXIlhexS8ioy.jpg

The next hit light novel series.

It's not a show that throws morals in your face, but every episode is really "about" something or other. I like that.

ib14DNBso0KqyH.jpg

I really liked how these flashbacks developed. They kept returning to the same scene, but elaborating on it in small ways until you understood why it was there. That's always fun.

Yeah, Windy Tales is hard to discuss. But it's worth watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom