• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defuser

NdmVDXy.jpg

Look at dat GuP merchandise.

-Minsc-

Gintama 153 repeat episode

Still make me laughing hard, definitely one of funniest episode.

And OMG New episode at preview, light saber arc!

Yeah, it's an awesome episode. For people wanting to sample Gintama I say it's a great one to check out.

Next week: I'm guessing Star Wars parodies abound.

After March: The series ends again? Perhaps their tease of airing one of the longer arcs to fill the gap until the movie releases will come true.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
The seventh annual Seiyuu Awards were announced today:

nSROH7T.gif

Newcomer Actor Award:
Nobunaga Shimazaki (Kaito Kirishima in Ano Natsu de Matteru, Taichi Tanaka in Tari Tari)
Kazutomi Yamamoto (Kio Asuno in Gundam AGE)

Newcomer Actress Award:
Kaori Ishihara (Kanna Tanigawa in Ano Natsu de Matteru, Madoka Kyono in Rinne no Lagrange)
Rumi Okubo (Chinatsu Yoshikawa in Yuru Yuri, Tsumiki Miniwa in Acchi Kocchi)

<3 <3

OceanBlue

The seventh annual Seiyuu Awards were announced today:

Singing Award:
Ushiro kara Haiyoritai G (Kana Asumi, Miyu Matsuki, Yuka Ootsubo) (i.e. the girls from Haiyore! Nyaruko-san who sang the OP)
Well, I guess the people who voted really liked (&#12301;&#12539;&#969;&#12539;)&#12301;&#12358;&#12540;&#65281;(&#65295;&#12539;&#969;&#12539;)&#65295;&#12395;&#12419;&#12540;&#65281;&#65279;

But she's part of the best ship. Can't suck.

Which ship is this?

DiGiKerot

Is that actually all GUP or is some of it generic tank models mixed in and sold with the figures?

All the official GuP tank models are manufactured by Platz. My recent browsing of the tanks sections in local model shops is research enough for me to recognise that most of those boxes are for Tamiya kits.

cajunator

Banned
All the official GuP tank models are manufactured by Platz. My recent browsing of the tanks sections in local model shops is research enough for me to recognise that most of those boxes are for Tamiya kits.

Its an interesting strategy.
I guess there arent many opportunities like this to move non-related merchandise based on the hype of a show.

duckroll

I have read more than one account of how Girls und Panzer is causing a sort of resurgence in the interest and sales of tank model kits. Hobby shops seem pretty happy about it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Still holding off on the GuP Nendo because to get the most out of it you need the tank. Otherwise it's a pretty bare Nendo.

But they did it because you were banned. No idea why he's still sporting it mind. I even made one but never used it. A bit like still using a real pic post January.

chetn.png

I thought they were one of the people who dedicated their avatar to you back when you were absent. I was assuming you knew them all. Anyways, I guess they really dug the style!

But the thing is, he only started sporting it after I came back. That specific one with Dwebble was originally being used during the time I was banned by someone I do know.
But whatever, I kinda like the fact that someone out there still uses it, even if I don't know who they are.

Articalys

Looks like stuff has been lowered but then again, RightStuf normally discounts Sentai crap anyway, so it's probably doesn't seem as large of a discount.
Well, I was just comparing for example the K-On Movie, which was first put up for preorder at $23.99 and is still the same price.

Eh, I dunno. I probably can't afford much this cycle anyway.

duckroll

Well, I was just comparing for example the K-On Movie, which was first put up for preorder at $23.99 and is still the same price.

Well, the sale says "at least 40% off", and it looks like that was always 40% off. (lol)

Most of their Sentai preorders are already discounted from the get go. RightStuf is pretty aggressive in pricing for preorders.

Articalys

Well, the sale says "at least 40% off", and it looks like that was always 40% off. (lol)

Most of their Sentai preorders are already discounted from the get go. RightStuf is pretty aggressive in pricing for preorders.
Ah, gotcha. So for some titles despite being on their big "what's on sale" list for this particular event they were already at the minimum sale discount anyway and haven't gone any lower.

Also I need to learn to do basic math to check what the current discount is on something.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
So Right Stuf claims to be having a sale on everything Section23 (which largely means all Sentai Filmworks titles), but it doesn't look like the prices have lowered yet, unless I'm somehow misreading things.

To my novice eyes, it kind of feels like a fake sale because cutting a percentage off of MSRP seems like standard pricing policy for Rightstuf, even on brand new releases. Kind of dishonest, but I suppose that tapping into over-eager collectors who aren't particularly price-conscious must work.

Does anyone ever actually sell anime at MSRP? I don't remember ever seeing a retailer ask $60 or $70 for an average Funimation/Sentai release.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
You still get the turret though. That counts for something right?

They should have just made it a mini tank. And I just noticed that if I ordered for a premium from Good Smile directly I could have got a stand. I'm willing to put the money aside for another figure.

To my novice eyes, it kind of feels like a fake sale because cutting a percentage off of MSRP seems like standard pricing policy for Rightstuf, even on brand new releases. Kind of dishonest, but I suppose that tapping into over-eager collectors who aren't particularly price-conscious must work.

Does anyone ever actually sell anime at MSRP? I don't remember ever seeing a retailer ask $60 or $70 for an average Funimation/Sentai release.

At best, this could be decent for some of Sentai's stuff that has been released and hasn't been regularly been discounted. Of course this does require checking the price changes regularly.

Uh, probably Best Buy is your closest chance to see something priced at MSRP. :p

Ai-Mai-Mi 09

They should have just made it a mini tank. And I just noticed that if I ordered for a premium from Good Smile directly I could have got a stand. I'm willing to put the money aside for another figure.

Afaik, the Nendo+turret is compatible to the PzIV model kit.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

Why are there tracks? The turret is just a turret, the actual tank is to big for a standard Nendo base and Miho just standing there doesn't cause tracks. Silly Good Smile. In fact that road one from the 300 series would have made more sense.

Grass path base for Akari is awesome though

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Suncoast, FYE and Tower Records all sold at around MSRP in the US. And now two out of the three are dead with FYE on life support.

Oh yeah, physical retailers. How quickly I forgot they ever existed :lol

Come to think of it, I went into an FYE in a mall out of morbid curiosity a few months ago an noticed Sentai's Amagami SS Pt. 1 DVD release for $60. I swear that place is embezzling money for the mafia.

cajunator

Banned
Futari Wa Precure 32

This episode mainly focused on Porun. Nagisa took him to a "festival" at a theme park. shit went down. Baddies were owned in the face. Also,
the guardian of the stones is still trapped in the cage with the parrot.

Looks like it might be time for Bodacious Space Pirates :).

Its always a good time for Space Piracy!

Metrotab

Banned
The only reason Miki exists is to attract Japanese westaboos towards the franchise.

However her character was perfectly suited for the dramatic role played in the anime. No other girl could be believably annoying enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom