• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
TAMAKO MARKET 08

Tamako%20Market%20-%2008.jpg

Despair ? despair it is !

The musical choice was great. Well done episode .

Articalys

Did they mention Nostril Aura?
Don't know what that is, sorry.

Anyway, finished watching the whole thing. It was actually kind of interesting (and probably would have been moreso if I was actually interested in idol culture overall in the first place), and I wouldn't mind seeing the 2011 and 2012 versions as well.
It's largely formatted as a series of 16 or so (wasn't keeping exact count) segments, each "featuring" one of the members of the group but mainly discussing AKB48 as a whole either via that girl's past with the group, or her current interactions with everyone, or just taking about what AKB means to her in general. Some were a lot more interesting than others, especially in the second half of the movie, and it's hard to tell how free-flowing the "interviews" really are, but there's still some neat stuff. I'd say the actual video content is split about half between solo stuff with the members and behind-the-scenes stuff of rehearsals, performances, etc.

Really, if you're interested in AKB48 at all and have a couple hours to kill, I'd say it's worth a watch.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
What's good, Seraphis Cain!

Her defining character trait.

Stuff is good! I guess. And nah, I'm sticking with Yukko for a while. :D (I saw it before the edit! Hah!)

Also, that isn't Miki's only defining character trait. She also...umm...uhh...sleeps a lot? Wait no, the show forgot that by episode 8.

...well shit, I got nothin'.

Ultimadrago

I have no idea who this guy is.

I thought they were one of the people who dedicated their avatar to you back when you were absent. I was assuming you knew them all. Anyways, I guess they really dug the style!

Stuff is good! I guess. And nah, I'm sticking with Yukko for a while. :D (I saw it before the edit! Hah!)

Hah! Guess I'm not too slick.

UD-chan-kun-tan~

I tried to introduce people here to The Adventures of Mark Twain. No one listened...

7Th

Miki is too good for AnimeGAF.

Saint Seiya 46

A strange combination of ugliness and lengthy scenes of bizarre eye animation. I wonder if this is what duckroll was telling me about the other day in regards to Yuna getting bullied again, she has like 2 second scene of getting kicked into a wall lol.

No.
That's episode 50, in which they also decide to turn her into the main character. Yes, that's pretty much what is going to happen.

Theonik

A neat little feature of the Revolutionary Girl Utena BD boxes:

The first BD box set had this illustration on the back:

And now with the release of the second box set, we can see why:

Cute.

(via @azabaro)
So good! Shame that the lack of eng subs area dealbreaker for me.
(also that combing)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I thought the Link figma look a bit rubbish frankly (mostly the mouth), but if they made a Nendo I'd get it.

cajunator

Banned
Just bought the Alter Mio and Azusa figures on ebay so that means I just need Yui and the band is together :D
What a ridiculously expensive band too!
When I think about it, moving into a house and relocating all this stuff is going to be nightmarish but I guess I will cross that bridge when it comes.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
A nice article, as always from Ben. Another good article that takes many information from several different sources is the one made more recently by Washi:

Anime Production – Detailed Guide to How Anime is Made and the Talent Behind it! | Washi's Blog
http://washiblog.wordpress.com/2011...o-how-anime-is-made-and-the-talent-behind-it/
Washi said:
[...]apparently the first episode of Evangelion used only 700 animation frames, while Angel Beats used around 11,000 in episode one!
What a waste of effort.

Syrinx

You really need to finish Utena before making such statements!

Yeah I prolly should lol. Though I'm having trouble thinking of situations where
girls frothing at the mouth for their brothers' hard cocks
is classy. But we'll see. This show certainly has surprised me before.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Yeah, Samus would work well with a little Metroid accessory. Basically make a Nendo equivalent of all their Nintendo figmas.

And Waluigi

Oh man, what would be incredible if they made a Samus Nendoroid that could become a morph ball! I would buy at a high price!

Shergal

Only 700? that sounds extremely low. then again wasn't a lot of it still shots and pans?

The thing is that EVA was very well directed to make the most out of those frames.

And the animators for some of those 700 frames were beasts like Iso and Honda. That counts for something too.

cajunator

Banned
700 frames would be a pretty simple first episode to make all things considered.
Really cannot believe it would be THAT low. Maybe I need to go back and watch the first episode and see where the budget went.

Articalys

The seventh annual Seiyuu Awards were announced today:

nSROH7T.gif

Newcomer Actor Award:
Nobunaga Shimazaki (Kaito Kirishima in Ano Natsu de Matteru, Taichi Tanaka in Tari Tari)
Kazutomi Yamamoto (Kio Asuno in Gundam AGE)

Newcomer Actress Award:
Kaori Ishihara (Kanna Tanigawa in Ano Natsu de Matteru, Madoka Kyono in Rinne no Lagrange)
Rumi Okubo (Chinatsu Yoshikawa in Yuru Yuri, Tsumiki Miniwa in Acchi Kocchi)

Singing Award:
Ushiro kara Haiyoritai G (Kana Asumi, Miyu Matsuki, Yuka Ootsubo) (i.e. the girls from Haiyore! Nyaruko-san who sang the OP)

Personality Award: Mitsuo Iwata (Kaneda in Akira)

Most Votes Award: Hiroshi Kamiya (Koyomi Araragi in Nisemonogatari)

Best Supporting Actor Award:
Yuki Ono (Zenkichi Hitoyoshi in Medaka Box, Taiga Kagami in Kuroko's Basketball)
Junichi Suwabe (Junichi Katsuragi in Kids on the Slope, Daiki Aomine in Kuroko's Basketball)

Best Supporting Actress Award:
Sayaka Ohara (Irisviel von Einzbern in Fate/Zero, Rokka Shimao in Natsuyuki Rendezvous)
Haruka Tomatsu (Ranmaru Rindou in Binbougami-ga!)

Best Actor Award:
Yuki Kaji (Haruyuki Arita in Accel World, Alibaba in Magi)

Best Actress Award:
Kana Asumi (Nyaruko in Haiyore! Nyaruko-san, Yuno in Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb)

As a note, obviously the supporting award winners also voiced "main character"-type roles last year, but I tried to pick "supporting" type roles from last year to denote them by. Plus, I'm sure you know who they are anyway.

fertygo

Gintama 153 repeat episode

Still make me laughing hard, definitely one of funniest episode.

And OMG New episode at preview, light saber arc!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom