• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
People, episode 13 of Inferno Cop will be the last one:

Unfortunately, they need all those key animators involved on its production in order to make Mr. Imaishi's new original project...
iKCfKcvw3wHof.gif

I mean, you can understand that with a show of such high caliber the animator is like one of the best guys in the world, but surely they could have coped a little long without him.

/XX/

I find interesting how, as can be seen from the images featured on the new interview to TRIGGER's staff made by Studio Trigger France (that I'm sure will be soon translated into English on its entirety like the previous one was; http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=34170416&postcount=24), the place features prominently that good ol' illustration of Nadia and Jean on a motorcycle with a sidecar by Mr. Sadamoto (along a close spot for some of Sushio's recent work on that same wall). Nice inspiration!

cajunator

Banned
Futari Wa Precure 42

The Dark Kingdom comes up with an idea that I have been wondering about from the very beginning. How about separating the two Precure since they have to join together to unleash their powers? This is the #1 downside of this iteration of magical girl. If one of them gets separated, you're screwed. Also, this episode was typical of a late season magical girls episode where everything suddenly gets super serious and lives are genuinely in danger. This episode had definite themes like isolation and hopelessness which was jarring in juxtaposition with the typically happy and upbeat music and cute visuals of the mid-show eyecatch. similarly the ending theme has a way of bringing you back when a show gets you down. Its just something that happens a lot but I find interesting in these Magical girl shows I guess.
Of particular note, this episode also had a lot of sakuga, and the show has been ramping it up a few notches. Its genuinely a lot of fun to watch those sequences, so I can understand why some here seek those out.
Of course, this episode ends on a happy note, where the two reunite and realize how important they are to each other, and how they fit into the world around them as well.
The Dark kingdom regroups and plans to give it another go.

wonzo

Banned
The Wolf Children Ame and Yuki

wolfchildren.jpg

This is one of those times where I really want to write about every single little thing about this movie that made it so amazing to watch, and yet the words just won't come to me. Maybe it's because it's so sincere in how it tells such a beautiful story about a mother raising her beloved kids. The way the stunning visuals (outside of the odd CG crowd that sticks out) and the phenomenal soundtrack work together with what little speech there is to tell such a heartfelt story leaves me, well, speechless. Bravo Hosoda, just bravo.

10/10

Maoyu 9

That was a rather dull affair that kind of highlites the huge flaw of the series, the underutilization of Yuusha. The writers could have avoided tugging and torturing our hearts by just having Yuusha swoop in and save the day. That would have been quite fantastic and made things way more happy and pleasing.

That was 20 minutes of straight up talking and origin story which is quite difficult to stay focused upon, and really needed action to make it decent, would have been much more welcoming than lots of shots of a bland crowd.

cajunator

Banned
Futari Wa Precure 43

Nagisa's friend is interested in her sempai that she has a crush on. We've all seen this kind of episode before. A particular favorite of shoujo shows. Nagisa, being the friend that she is, lends a helping hand and advice despite it obviously hurting her to do so. She had wanted to make a charm for him, but that turns out to be exactly what her other friend wanted to do as well, so she instead writes a heartfelt letter. However this turns out badly, as her friend said very similar things to sempai. Nagisa left with hurt feelings, and in her vulnerable state the Dark Kingdom returned for a visit. Honoka speeds to the scene and helps Nagisa to defeat the villain. This episode didnt seem to have resolution, so I wonder if its two parts or if this will resurface soon. It has to, because there are only 6 episodes left. Onward!

BluWacky

The Wolf Children Ame and Yuki

This is one of those times where I really want to write about every single little thing about this movie that made it so amazing to watch, and yet the words just won't come to me. Maybe it's because it's so sincere in how it tells such a beautiful story about a mother raising her beloved kids. The way the stunning visuals (outside of the odd CG crowd that sticks out) and the phenomenal soundtrack work together with what little speech there is to tell such a heartfelt story leaves me, well, speechless. Bravo Hosoda, just bravo.

10/10

Hurray! So glad you liked it. And:

(outside of the odd CG crowd that sticks out)

See, even Hosoda :wonzos from time to time :p

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
But we just had the mid season finale with big powers clashing , fillers are obviously coming right after :)

Obviously, it's just funny is all. XD

Oh my gosh I loved Slayers and NEXT. I did love Rezo. Poor guy. Xellos was pretty happy too. Love my old stuff like that. xD

:D The Slayers series is a classic. I remember being really worried about Revolution and Evolution-R, but I was really impressed overall with how well they captured the look and feel of the original series'. It was like they went back in time, had the studio animate it, then took the drawings back to the future (tm) and had them color it there. ^^;

Ugh... that really is a goddamn shame.

It really is a shame. I once imagined moving to Japan to be an animator or artist of some sort making anime. Then I learned what they're paid.

Be still my beating hea-

Also this one. Can somebody edit out the loop on top and crop it a bit?
izbyVZs.jpg

*dies*

cajunator

Banned
Obviously, it's just funny is all. XD

:D The Slayers series is a classic. I remember being really worried about Revolution and Evolution-R, but I was really impressed overall with how well they captured the look and feel of the original series'. It was like they went back in time, had the studio animate it, then took the drawings back to the future (tm) and had them color it there. ^^;

It really is a shame. I once imagined moving to Japan to be an animator or artist of some sort making anime. Then I learned what they're paid.

Be still my beating hea-

*dies*

You cant keep dyin' like this man. *defribillates Rurounizel again

wonzo

Banned
Hurray! So glad you liked it. And:

See, even Hosoda :wonzos from time to time :p
lol. The only other thing that really stuck out were the CG bikes at the beginning but all of that pretty much disappeared once they
left the city
so it honestly didn't bother me that much.

jgminto

Couldn't find a good doujinshi avatar of Near so I just settled for L. I'm sure most of you would argue that they are basically the same character, or perhaps that Near is inferior but it just doesn't feel right not using a unique character avatar.

Maoyu 9

That was a rather dull affair that kind of highlites the huge flaw of the series, the underutilization of Yuusha. The writers could have avoided tugging and torturing our hearts by just having Yuusha swoop in and save the day. That would have been quite fantastic and made things way more happy and pleasing.

That was 20 minutes of straight up talking and origin story which is quite difficult to stay focused upon, and really needed action to make it decent, would have been much more welcoming than lots of shots of a bland crowd.

The whole point of the hero (yuusha) troubles is you can't solve anything by violence alone even if it' sometimes required.

Also he would have saved her if the king didn't act first ..If he did however he would have been huge political repercutions on the winter king and everyone else not to mention that several thing the party started would have been destroyed. Not to mention the common problems such as the war between the church that just started.

So yeah , letting the girl finish her speech was the right move, actually.
The bland crowd could have been done better however.

Theonik

Post 7777
Vividbutts Operation 07
It's either butt conditioning kicking in or there weren't so many butts in this episode, still a decent amount I guess! Akane x Rei really needs to happen. Stop teasing show! Also what's with lots of shows and the waifu, imouto with a sloppy older sister?

cajunator

Banned
Futari Wa Precure 44

A Christmas episode! Nagisa ends up unexpectedly getting closer to her sempai. Things did work out pretty well after all. Also
Honoka sees a vision of Kiriya.
Awwww. Hang in there Honoka, it will be alright.

She's just sneezing whilst wearing a shoulder-less dress. Why would you be disturbed by that?

Noooope. Thats most definitely NOT whats going on in that doujin.

Thanks dude! :D I don't know if I'll ever be as strong as you to take in as much cute as you do! ^^;

Just let the power of Cute consume you entirely. You will become one with it and be impervious to its effects. BECOME THE CUTE.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Heartcatch Precure!]

Episode 2
Also, since I'm not SDBurton, I didn't really care about the momentary Containment Breach of the Garden or whatever due to the appearance of Tuxedoless Maskless, haha.

Traitor!

I agree with you on the Heart Seeds though, it took a while to get used to.

Articalys

Breaking news for everyone following AKB0048: the voice of Orine, AKB48 member Sayaka Nakaya, will in fact be graduating the group, apparently to pursue a full career as a seiyuu. Guess she really liked the time she spent working on the anime!

The whole point of the hero (yuusha) troubles is you can't solve anything by violence alone even if it' sometimes required.

Also he would have saved her if the king didn't act first ..If he did however he would have been huge political repercutions on the winter king and everyone else not to mention that several thing the party started would have been destroyed. Not to mention the common problems such as the war between the church that just started.

So yeah , letting the girl finish her speech was the right move, actually.
The bland crowd could have been done better however.

I think it was cruel of them to not have him save her
right before she was being slashed and stuff

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Heartcatch Precure!

Episode 2

Lastly, I'm not really a fan of how the Heart Seeds are produced or maybe more accurately, where they are coming from, haha. That whole scene could definitely also make some viewers think of the whole "Buy our toys!" idea.

Overall mostly a fun time and I look forward to the next.
Umakoshi is a butt man.

cajunator

Banned
Are you saying BGBW lied to me?!

I would say thats entirely possible. That wily Brit!

Breaking news for everyone following AKB0048: the voice of Orine, AKB48 member Sayaka Nakaya, will in fact be graduating the group, apparently to pursue a full career as a seiyuu. Guess she really liked the time she spent working on the anime!

Naturally. she was part of something truly special!

zeroshiki

I don't watch AKB0048 but another member, Yagami Kumi (who voices a character named Sonata Shinonome) also announced her graduation last year. Nakaya Sayaka is quitting effective immediately however but is more than likely continuing with AKB0048 at least until the end of this season.

I think it was cruel of them to not have him save her
right before she was being slashed and stuff

The winter king said it himself .. after he saved her , that he was playing it their hands ..
Branding the scholar as a heretic was a move to isolate the country and distrupt said country economy. So they couldn't save her openly or face war ( don't forget they just finished a war campaign ).
The king did it anyway and it was late to maintain the artificial tension of this episode.Also the king wanted to act from the start once she got chained so no the cast isn't as cruel as it seems in this scene.

cajunator

Banned
Futari Wa Precure 45

Last week on Glee.
Honoka and Nagisa are in a chorus.
Their teacher wants to come up with a song
Nagisa tries to find a new song that will help them win.
The song is actually the ending theme to this show.
The teacher finds something is wrong with the song.
Evil baddies arrive and cause drama again right before the show!
AND THATS WHAT YOU MISSED ON GLEE!

Articalys

Well, I, uh... huh.
@ottocycle said:
Ohhh shit, Iwasaki just vomited a ton of complaints onto twitter after marathoning JoJo part 2 all the way thus far.

he seems pretty damn pissed about how his work was used in the show.

Well, it's seriously making him consider giving up anime soundtrack composing. I guess it's pretty damn bad.
This seems to be his Twitter account, if anyone wants to double-check.

sonicmj1

Shin Sekai Yori 22

This episode resembles a lot of other mediocre episodes in this series where the characters spend a lot of time traveling. They cover a lot of ground and things happen, but none of it is very interesting. It's just a series of hurdles that are overcome with little consequence or perceived difficulty.

The current turn the story has taken feels a little contrived, and there are aspects of how things have turned that feel under-explained. Maybe the staff feels pressed for time to get through all the remaining material. I don't think the show is doomed or anything, but I do think it's less likely to end at a quality level rivaling its recent peak.

Westlo

Well, I, uh... huh.

This seems to be his Twitter account, if anyone wants to double-check.

Seems all he does is complain about how his music is used these days, I remember he had complaints about C as well. Regardless you can't hide behind once the OST is out...

Oh well, it's all about Katou Tatsuya these days!

It seems that us vividred fans ( are they here ?? ) can expect a lot of nicely done fanservice focused episode next time if the preview for ep 9 is any indication

2333540_o.gif

Shergal

So, this made me remember that conversation about EVA using 700 frames and AB! using 11000:
Apparently, Little Witch Academia used 17000 frames for its ~25 min run.

Holy shit, I need it. It'll be glorious.

cajunator

Banned
Futari Wa Precure 46

Having finally figured out
where the stones' power lies
, the Dark Kingdom finally confront
Porun and captures him
. They
separate the power and return it to the Guardian, activating the stones.
Nagisa and Honoka look back on all the memories they shared with friends together and realize what must be done to save the world. They transform for the final showdown to some epic music. NOW WE'RE TALKING!

Ultimadrago

They've put up a mysterious item with no images and no one online has the images either. It's a CD that comes with what they claim to be a limited edition Akari nendo.I dare not order it until I know what it is because it could literally be the same one.

If what they say is true, it will undoubtedly be posted on AmiAmi in an update or on MFC by someone. Hmm, odd that it's not up there in the first place though. HLJ is iffy on picture updates at times, but AmiAmi is usually always on the ball. Then again, June is a bit farther off, it'll eventually show up.

Robo;Notes 19
w9uQXiV.gif

Seems like the Anti-"It'sHappening" .gif.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
So, this made me remember that conversation about EVA using 700 frames and AB! using 11000:

Hdhrhbdhhdjsjusnduchdhsusoanbdhrndjjdndjsnsjvsjsixhhdisushnsjsjshgenabqkakjsjsnsigdvdhdbbxmsoallsllamopsldnjdncnsm

Branduil

I wonder how many frames Gonzo's AM project uses LOL.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
If what they say is true, it will undoubtedly be posted on AmiAmi in an update or on MFC by someone. Hmm, odd that it's not up there in the first place though. HLJ is iffy on picture updates at times, but AmiAmi is usually always on the ball. Then again, June is a bit farther off, it'll eventually show up.
I'm hoping it's a transparent Nendo.

Cats are cute.
Fed up of the dogs chasing you in the park again duck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom