• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll support it. I'm not surprised that Vertical would be looking to put it out, considering their track record.

I dont see why they couldnt at least take the chance at least for the first volume of the three, its not like they are translating something like Horizon on the Middle of Nowhere, oh well they have at least 500 or so people vowing support on tumblr.

proxy.jpg

Nurse Witch Komugi-chan 1

iRxCK5dbjnuR8.jpg

That screenshot I found the other day was in the first episode? That's boring!

This show is pretty ridiculous and it seemed to go by way too fast in the 20 minutes it had. I'm hoping it'll get even more ridiculous with its obvious parody of mahou shoujo tropes. Also I need more Komugi leg shots, why even bother giving her ZR if there's barely any?

CorvoSol

GTO 7

So Onko the Rich Bitch gets taken down a peg, and completely without Onizuka's work this time. Yoshikawa gets up in front of the PTA and proves he has balls by showing them to Onko's mom--complete with Onko's handwriting all over them. Just in case that's not enough, though, Kikuchi seals the deal by playing Onko's own confession over the intercom during the meeting.

No idea what Onizuka was doing with that monkey suit, though.

KUMA THE BEAR WANTS TO FIGHT.

cajunator

Banned
And just to taunt everyone in the U.S. who's not going to be at the New York Children's International Film Festival, Funimation's uploaded an English-subbed trailer for Wolf Children.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns8PWyfEz60

:(

I guess I'm a communist then :/

A day after watching the movie and I've come to accept that it didn't do much for me. The least enjoyable Hosoda film I've watched.

buttfumble has made you cold to the joys of the world.

Just so we all don't have to be sadden by the (potential) terrible sales of Chihayafura S2 week after week, looks like Madhouse will just release the entire season in a BluRay or DVD boxset.

English subs or not?

Ive been drinking beer all afternoon and now I'm reading sailor moon and listening to yes and yes lyrics still don't make sense. What do I do?

Yes lyrics never make sense. Its a 70s prog rock band. Its not supposed to make sense!

7Th

I shouldn't have gone into ANN's forums...

Summer of Nobuna returns in sweet, sweet glory!!! She has personality, like Kathrine Hepburn and Michelle Obama. It's everything you want to see. The Cult of Nobuna!!!!

WAT

CorvoSol

Rin-Ne no Lagrange S2 6

I'm not getting the hate for this season at all. So far it's been pretty great. This was basically Yurikano's episode, and I suppose there could be some dislike for the fact that this season seems to be focusing more on Yurikano than the girls, but at the same time, there was a good deal of action, we got to see both Lan and Muginami pull out the stops for Madoka, and the yuri pandering continues unopposed.

Almost, ALMOST I was free of the stupid meido guy, but no, sadly, this was not to be.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
son of a bitch

there goes 300 minutes of my life at some undetermined future time
You know you love Nobuna and that she is your waifu!

---

I'm Kininarimasu: This came up on a random episode of GCCX, but has anyone watched Adachi's Miyuki - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miyuki_(manga) - it's pre-Touch, so I'm wondering how prototypical it is. It also doesn't seem to be about sports and has the the same old
incest-angst
that we've seen time and time again. lol

wdZzKyIl.jpg

Mature

I don't know if I've ever felt that way about anything. I feed off of promotional materials for things I'm excited for, lol.
Same. I'm a sucker for a well cut trailer. Watching awesome trailers made me teach myself Premiere and After Effects.

Rin-Ne no Lagrange S2 6

I'm not getting the hate for this season at all. So far it's been pretty great.
Feel free to ignore my advice in the future! Haha. I coasted all the way through S2 and couldn't have been more underwhelmed.

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo 21

:|

I wasn't aware that this show could get more DRAMA than before, but boy did it prove me wrong!

Theonik

Wolf Children
That was good. Dunno if it was Hosoda's best, I still really like The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, though this would, at the very least have come close. A very well crafted film all around even the music. Gotta get that soundtrack. Also "I'm not crying it's just raindrops" :firehawk

Ultimadrago

Senran Kagura 8

Yuri episode with best pairing, (All links "nsfw") etc. The character-specific backstories aren't winning any awards. It instead decides to service better through more obvious means anyways.
Also, even though it's most definitely not my favorite hairstyle, in this exception Ikaruga looks much better with longer hair than her older neck-length.

Code: Breaker Valentine's Day OVA

ohdearsdagm.png
verybadhpuai.png

Sakura has been a bad girl.
Toki has been a bad boy.

Oh my. Good ol' Code:Breaker.

Also a Nyanmaru special!

jbug617

Banned
PapaKiki! 1-4 Rewatch

DVD came in last week so I started watching it this week. Can't help to be reminded how endearing the show is sometimes. It's not on Usagi Drop level but it's very good. Also Raika is really the best.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
PapaKiki! 1-4 Rewatch

DVD came in last week so I started watching it this week. Can't help to be reminded how endearing the show is sometimes. It's not on Usagi Drop level but it's very good. Also Raika is really the best.

Damn straight she is! She's wacky, cute, and has a killer bod! :D

cjkeats

I just watched the first episode of Working!! and it was absolutely delightful. I hope this show continues to be as fun as the OP implies.

Metrotab

Banned
Hataraki Man - 9

Expectations of the work life:
- Work yourselves to death.
- "Calling off sick" lol
- Your fellow employees don't give a crap.
- Everyone shares the same fate so stop whining.
- Dieing at 45 because you overwork yourself is a worthy goal in life to aspire and emulate.

What a strange episode, and an even stranger meaning behind it all.

I'm glad I'll still be a college student for quite a while.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo 21

:|

I wasn't aware that this show could get more DRAMA than before, but boy did it prove me wrong!

I can't believe this fucking show. The light novel writer must be the most creatively bankrupt person in Japan. I guess that's still better than Kawahara because at least he isn't pure evil, but god damnit. That ending in particular... how many times can you go back to that fucking well before you it becomes dryer than the Sahara?

I can't believe this fucking show. The light novel writer must be the most creatively bankrupt person in Japan. I guess that's still better than Kawahara because at least he isn't pure evil, but god damnit. That ending in particular... how many times can you go back to that fucking well before you it becomes dryer than the Sahara?

Well only three more episodes left, so I suspect another DRAMAfest in 23!

cjkeats

I think Working!! makes pretty clear what kind of show it is from episode one.. It doesn't go downhill; it was already there to begin with!
I quite like her too, and maybe it was just because if the recent thread about "that" subject, the dudes explanation for why he liked her was extra hillairous.
And I must enjoy the bottom of hills, because I really liked it.

And in news that virtually everyone and their family saw coming, Aniplex USA naturally gets the license for Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai., the second season of Oreimo. Same-day streaming on Crunchyroll once it starts.

Also, this is a really boring logo.

Yes.
So. Hype.
That logo does suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom