• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I once met a chap who claimed he had read the ending to Usagi Drop. Unfortunately for him I instinctively ripped out his vocal chords with my bare hands before he could tell me what happened so I'm none the wiser.

Articalys

Don't care about the logo. Just give me another magical ClariS OP, that's all I ask of you S2!
Don't need to worry about that.
The official website for the second season of the Ore no Imōto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. (Oreimo) anime announced on Friday that "reunion," the new single that the duo ClariS will release on April 17, will be used as the opening theme for the anime. The two singers previously contributed their debut single, "irony," as the opening theme for the anime's first season. (The two were in middle school at the time, but are now in high school.)
They even got an updated cartoon look, from the Oreimo novel illustrator himself:
88yQAzV.png

Cwarrior

Watch it if you haven't yet!

Wolf Children

The Hosadapocalypse is as advertised.

Nah as someone that was once a Hosoda fan After being burnt by his last two movies I've learn't my lesson and the idea of hosoda trying to do drama is laughable especially with Satoko Okudera in charge of writing.

Someone call when hosoda decides to work with a competent writer until then I'll be busy waiting for the one true kings Isao Takahata and Hayao Miyazaki.

Branduil

Nah as someone that was once a Hosoda fan After being burnt by his last two movies I've learn't my lesson and the idea of hosoda trying to do drama is laughable especially with Satoko Okudera in charge of writing.

Someone call when hosoda decides to work with a competent writer until then I'll be busy waiting for the one true kings Isao Takahata and Hayao Miyazaki.

Well guys better change our opinions, CWarrior says Hosoda trying to do drama is laughable.

Pet Girl of Sakurasou 21
tumblr_mj5uycOdmL1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Well thats not my ideal way to start of a new week, darn just as intense as this weekends Little Busters!. Anyway was surely thnking second half would be just uphill nonstop.

Why Kanda-kun have to not make it past the round either and for not even having a bad product, just for being rivaled with it for the sake of vocaloids, what even? Am disappointed that he went back to blaming Shiina though they wouldnt have many of these issues if she hadnt been there so I could imagine what he is feeling probably, especially after getting that letter right on the day of his rejection that they want her to do characters...I kind of wish we had a happier message than life is unfair though :(

zeroshiki

There is a mini-controvery in the film/publishing world right now regarding Thermae Romae which you might remember has a very famous live action version in addition to the anime. The hubbub came about when the author, Yamazaki Mari, revealed on a TV show that the royalties(?) she received for the 5.8 billion yen (58 million USD) domestic grossing movie was only 1 million yen (10k USD). She was apparently involved in no negotiations, just told her manga was turning into a movie and then given the money :lol

The internet then went ballistic and directed their ire at Fuji TV who bankrolled a good portion of the movie. Fuji, of course, denies involvement saying their negotiations were with Yamazaki's publisher and therefore had no say in how much she was getting paid.

Man, 1 million is a lot of money but that's super tiny compared to the gross.

cajunator

Banned
I just watched the first episode of Working!! and it was absolutely delightful. I hope this show continues to be as fun as the OP implies.

Yamada is your only goddess.

And in news that virtually everyone and their family saw coming, Aniplex USA naturally gets the license for Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai., the second season of Oreimo. Same-day streaming on Crunchyroll once it starts.

Also, this is a really boring logo.

in my veins..

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Don't need to worry about that.

They even got an updated cartoon look, from the Oreimo novel illustrator himself:

Yes.

YESSSSSS

Hold on OreImo has a ClariS OP!? Is the show any good? I'm half-tempted to watch it just for the OP now.

Yep. The OP is really well done and it catches the spirit that Kuroneko puts in our hearts every time she grace the screen.

In particular, I love this guitar cover that someone on YT did.

cjkeats

I will watch a show just for a ClariS OP. Or any catchy happy OP. For a few episodes anyways.

As a matter of fact, half the reason I started Working!! was because someone showed me the OP.

wonzo

Banned
That pile just keeps on getting bigger and bigger each and every time I see a photo of it.

why

WHY

There is a mini-controvery in the film/publishing world right now regarding Thermae Romae which you might remember has a very famous live action version in addition to the anime. The hubbub came about when the author, Yamazaki Mari, revealed on a TV show that the royalties(?) she received for the 5.8 billion yen (58 million USD) domestic grossing movie was only 1 million yen (10k USD). She was apparently involved in no negotiations, just told her manga was turning into a movie and then given the money :lol

The internet then went ballistic and directed their ire at Fuji TV who bankrolled a good portion of the movie. Fuji, of course, denies involvement saying their negotiations were with Yamazaki's publisher and therefore had no say in how much she was getting paid.

Man, 1 million is a lot of money but that's super tiny compared to the gross.
That's really fucked up.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Sakurasou 21

It's getting a tad repetitive. The way they always seem to present this stark contrast between a genius and a normal person. At the same time though I can't help but see that this episode was by far the best execution of it. The previous episodes where it was DORAMA is sort of nothing compared to this one. I think when you constantly degrade a person and break someone down you end up getting what you see in this episode. Maybe I'm projecting though because I'm sort of going through the same thing. Who knows...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You know, I don't get why light novel people don't have agents. It seems like they aren't smart enough to handle contracts on their own.

Tegami Bachi 14 - 25

Really good expansion of Gauche Suede, Aria Link, Lloyd Largo's past and then enclosing it within a swift introduction of the man who couldn't become spirit and those of the entity known as reverse. Easily still one of my favorite manga targeting the shonen demographic and one that has a heavy adventure focus with good character development, lovely detailed arc work, and great personalities. Zazie is really a star of this anime. Really cant wait for Sentai's release of Reverse. 9 / 10

I saw that too, it's really good and the art is very special. I didn't see season 2 yet though

Cardfight!! Vanguard 60 ~ 65 - Season finale: Another typical shonen. That's why CV could be subtitled. Still it's enteraining, and pleasant though you won't be surprised. A good 7/10

After a typical shonen, I needed a more substantial show, therefore...

Nurse Witch Komugi 01:During the episode, I was constantly like "I'm gonna turn it off right now" but I ended up finishing it. It's so WTF that I can't help but watch it. I can't bear Komugi's voice though. Yay for small breasts and gotta have to continue it.

CorvoSol

The 08th MS Team 9

Mobile Armors are dumb, and the main badguy of this show is obsessed with making his dumb mobile armor, even though mobile armors are dumb and always lose to Mobile Suits because mobile armors are dumb.

Anyway, I guess Shiro is piloting the Talgeese now, and Sanders has to spy on him and the nazis are using "DRUGZ" on their soldiers to win a war because that's how you win wars.

Nothing is happening in this show really. Good grief, it takes 3 years to finish this, and 9 episodes in it really does begin to meander like no other. Which I suppose is to be expected of a story that can't have any bearing on the main plot. Is this the tone shift I was forewarned concerning?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
That pile just keeps on getting bigger and bigger each and every time I see a photo of it.

why
I think it's time we revoked the title of The Bible (which means the books just so you know) from the Christian holy text and give it to that thing. Look at all them books. People used to display the Encyclopedia Britannica stretched across a shelf. In the future that will not be as impressive as a complete collection of that. You'll probably need to make a hole in the wall so the shelf can carry on into the next room.

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo 21

Haha. Dat drama. Got a good laugh out of first half. Don't know if that was its purpose though lol. Also somehow I was annoyed that the drama happened once again while it was raining. Why not perfect sunny day once in a while.

OreImo Episode 1 or "Ah, so that's what this anime is..."

So I watched it for the OP but it was right at the end and they were talking over it. Now I have to watch Episode 2 to see it. From what I heard it sounds great.

Kirino is annoying me with her tsundere. Kyousuke seems like a normal person, that's good.

Also noticed Kirino has a copy of School Days in her collection. Interesting.

Cwarrior

I've seen a ton of shows bad shows with good or great op's but I don't remember seeing any good shows with bad ops, none come to mind right now.

Doki Doki precure 05

What's with the quality everywhere ?.. it's like half the budget of this episode was focused / allocated to something else..

It's now painfully obvious that the manager - san is a mascot in disguise and at this rate they will be 4 as a real team during mid season at best ..

*see the preview .

Disregard that ..they might do it for the 6th episode let's hope this one won't be as QUALITY as the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom