• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeroshiki

Summer Wars is a popcorn flick although it does explore somewhat the themes of family brought up by Wolf Children albeit using a totally different approach.

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time though is excellent and really should be seen by all. Its basically a fight between TGWLTT and Wolf Children for Hosoda's best work IMO.

Milamber

Summer Wars is a popcorn flick although it does explore somewhat the themes of family brought up by Wolf Children albeit using a totally different approach.

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time though is excellent and really should be seen by all. Its basically a fight between TGWLTT and Wolf Children for Hosoda's best work IMO.

Did you watch Digimon Adventure: Bokura no War Game yet?

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
It's already late and I've had a few beers so I'll keep my thoughts short. Perhaps I'll write more on it later.

Wolf Children

Fucking ACE.

Incredible movie. Hosoda proves that subtlety triumphs for driving home emotional resonance. There were so many great moments in this film that it's hard to recall them all. It's important to realize that this movie doesn't have a typical structure to its story - this film more about the journey than the destination... and so we are left with some unanswered questions in the end. But you know what? It doesn't matter. Like life, we are often left with our curiosities unsatisfied. Given only moments to glimpse into the world of others. We might see a part of it, but never the whole. This is also true how the villagers could only see one side of Hana without fully grasping her incredible struggle. Hana owned this. And the story really brought the weight of her struggles as a single parent with additional burdens.

I loved the overarching theme of temperance - and also what it means to accept that which you can not control and to control that which you can.

Anime like this... we don't get it very often.

I'm glad to see so many people cherishing it.

wonzo

Banned
Space Bros 47

spacebros47.jpg

Man, I really do wish they'd either hire some English voice actors for this stuff or at the very least pull a Moyashimon Returns and have little Apo's in Space suits holding a Sign or something. I'd also wish this show would stop shoehorning in pseudoscientific tripe like the mind-reader who can see people's futures as it's completely out of place with the setting of the show. Ugh.

oh and nice moustache you've got going there apo

spacebros47a.jpg

spacebros47b.jpg

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Maybe he's like Luigi in TTYD. You talk to him and he tells you about the amazing quest he's on while you're doing your thing. They can call it Klein's Quest for his OTP Pizza-chan!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ano Natsu/Onegai Sensei

For whatever reason, I watched the end of Onegai Sensei and it ends with this:
EV9oHq2l.jpg

And then I remembered that Ano Natsu ends like this:
c1WwQ84l.jpg

Nice little callback, if nothing else.
(And boy is Ano Natsu so much better than Onegai Sensei lol)

cajunator

Banned
Ano Natsu/Onegai Sensei

For whatever reason, I watched the end of Onegai Sensei and it ends with this:
EV9oHq2l.jpg

And then I remembered that Ano Natsu ends like this:
c1WwQ84l.jpg

Nice little callback, if nothing else.
(And boy is Ano Natsu so much better than Onegai Sensei lol)

except that Mizuho >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ichika.

Articalys

Another huge week, so expect a lot more BD numbers on Thursday again.

This week's only first volume new release is bolded.

Weekly Sales Rankings for February 25 - March 3:

Blu-ray
*1, 24,949 24,949 Sword Art Online vol.5 Limited Edition
*2, *8,047 *8,047 Little Busters! vol.3 Limited Edition
*3, *7,778 *7,778 To Love-Ru Darkness vol.3 Limited Edition
*4, *6,224 *6,224 Accel World vol.8
*5, *5,516 *5,516 Hidamari Sketch × Honeycomb vol.3 Limited Edition
*6, *5,257 *5,257 Oreimo Blu-ray Disc Box
*7, *4,521 *4,521 Blood-C: The Last Dark Limited Edition
*8, *4,238 31,595 Wolf Children
*9, *4,130 *4,130 Revolutionary Girl Utena Blu-ray Box Part II
10, *3,956 *3,956 Oreshura vol.1 Limited Edition
11, *3,317 *3,317 Joshiraku vol.5 Limited Edition
12, *3,296 *3,296 Oda Nobuna no Yabou vol.6

edit: it's worth noting that Oreshura vol.1 was a discounted price, so its vol.1 numbers probably won't reflect its final average.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Another huge week, so expect a lot more BD numbers on Thursday again.

Weekly Sales Rankings for February 25 - March 3:

*1, 24,949 24,949 Sword Art Online vol.5 Limited Edition
*2, *8,047 *8,047 Little Busters! vol.3 Limited Edition
*3, *7,778 *7,778 To Love-Ru Darkness vol.3 Limited Edition
*4, *6,224 *6,224 Accel World vol.8
*5, *5,516 *5,516 Hidamari Sketch × Honeycomb vol.3 Limited Edition
*6, *5,257 *5,257 Oreimo Blu-ray Disc Box
*7, *4,521 *4,521 Blood-C: The Last Dark Limited Edition
*8, *4,238 31,595 Wolf Children
*9, *4,130 *4,130 Revolutionary Girl Utena Blu-ray Box Part II
10, *3,956 *3,956 Oreshura vol.1 Limited Edition
11, *3,317 *3,317 Joshiraku vol.5 Limited Edition
12, *3,296 *3,296 Oda Nobuna no Yabou vol.6

Dat SAO sale. AW not doing as hot. Makes me worry about S2 for it. T_T

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Vol 5 has the fishing episode right? It's the only reasonable reason I can think of for those high sales.

Articalys

DVD
*1, 6,734 *,*29,871 Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki
*2, 6,628 *,**6,628 Yorinuki Gintama-san On Theater 2D Kabuki Cho Shitennoh Hen Limited Edition
*3, 5,896 *,**5,896 Sword Art Online vol.5 Limited Edition
*4, 3,904 *,*18,433 Kuroko no Basket vol.8
*5, 3,704 *,**3,704 Magi vol.3 Limited Edition
*6, 3,297 *,**3,297 Hakuouki Reimeiroku vol.6 Limited Edition
*7, 2,909 *,**2,909 Aikatsu! vol.1
*8, 2,144 *,**2,144 To LOVE-Ru Darkness vol.3 Limited Edition
*9, 1,825 *,**1,825 Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru vol.1 Limited Edition
10, 1,622 *,**1,622 Little Busters! vol.3 Limited Edition
11, 1,485 *,**9,609 Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 vol.4
12, 1,418 *,**1,418 Accel World vol.8 Limited Edition
14, 1,362 *,**1,362 Blood-C: The Last Dark
15, 1,339 *,**4,103 JoJo's Bizarre Adventure vol.2 Limited Edition
16, 1,121 *,**1,121 Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb vol.3 Limited Edition
17, 1,026 *,**4,245 New Prince of Tennis vol.6
18, *,988 *,***,988 Arcana Famiglia vol.6 Limited Edition
19, *,984 *,***,984 Campione!: Matsurowanu Kamigami to Kamigoroshi no Maou vol.6 Limited Edition
20, *,882 *,**5,523 Tiger & Bunny Movie 1: The Beginning Limited Edition
21, *,878 *,***,878 Chouyaku Hyakuninisshu: Uta Koi. vol.6 Limited Edition
22, *,859 *,***,859 Smile Precure! vol.9
23, *,809 *,***,809 Smile Precure! vol.10
24, *,756 *,***,756 Nintama Rantarou Selection
25, *,705 *,***,705 Oda Nobuna no Yabou vol.6
26, *,644 *,***,644 Joshiraku vol.5 Limited Edition
27, *,620 1,181,479 Tonari no Totoro
28, *,614 *,***,614 Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo vol.2
29, *,607 *,***,607 Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun vol.4 Limited Edition
30, *,596 *,***,596 Hagure Yuusha no Estetica vol.6

note: Aikatsu only sold as well as it did because vol.1 was less than 2000 yen

Single CD
*2, 68,784 68,784 Doraemon: Nobita no Himitsu Dogu Hakubutsukan "Mirai no Museum"
16, *5,008 *5,008 Puchimas!: Petit iDOLM@STER vol.8 Makoto
17, *4,903 *4,903 Puchimas!: Petit iDOLM@STER vol.7 Azusa
23, *3,277 *3,277 Cuticle Tantei Inaba "Haruka Nichijo no Naka de" "Prima Stella"
26, *2,925 15,651 Love Live! School Idol Project "Susume→Tomorrow" "Start:Dash!!"
34, *2,331 *2,331 Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo "Yume no Tsuzuki"
37, *2,230 36,703 JoJo's Bizarre Adventure "Bloody Stream"
40, *2,137 *2,137 Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo "Prime number~Kimi to Deaeru Hi~"
42, *2,103 *2,103 Hetalia: The Beautiful World "Mawaru Chikyu Rondo"
44, *1,849 *1,849 Senran Kagura "Shissoron"
48, *1,714 15,032 Toaru Majutsu no Index: Endymion no Kiseki "Shining Star-☆-Love Letter"

(kindly ignore the naming differences, MAL got their list up before ANN posted the DVDs, and you know how their naming senses differ...)

Steroyd

Sakuraso - 21

Dear god, I don't think I've felt disconnected so much by what's happening on the screen.

Maybe Disconnect isn't the right word, just numbness by how many times the show keeps jabbing in the exact same spot so many times, it's come to a point where I literally didn't give a shit about anything, all that drama was wasted on me because all I was thinking throughout this episode is that it must have been at least 4 or 5 times they've pulled the Genius >>>> Hard work schtick in the same manner over multiple episodes, the only difference here is that there's no nonesensical Jin and Misaki stuff shitting up the episode, then again the whole Sakuraso issue is up there.

I should have went with my instinct and ended this at the halfway point, bloody hell.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm seriously pondering how many copies the last volume will sell. LOLOLOLOL.
Would be interesting to see if the drop in quality of the second arc leads to less sales. I can see the first volume selling well because of the meat on show though.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Would be interesting to see if the drop in quality of the second arc leads to less sales. I can see the first volume selling well because of the meat on show though.

Well, it all depends on the overall reception of Suguha I guess... lol. I said the last volume cuz of the lulz that is episode 24.

Articalys

Okay, I'm gonna need some help figuring this one out.
So it would seem that Hayate no Gotoku Cuties is a straight-up romantic comedy with each episode focusing on just one or two girls? OP is by Shizuka Itou as Hinagiku and the ED will be different every episode (presumably sung by the focus girl(s) that week).

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Klein and Agil says hi.
Are those SAO characters? In which case, they suck.

So it would seem that Hayate no Gotoku Cuties is a straight-up romantic comedy with each episode focusing on just one or two girls? OP is by Shizuka Itou as Hinagiku and the ED will be different every episode (presumably sung by the focus girl(s) that week).
Hayate is now Amagami/Amnesia?

Dresden

Hinagiku finally getting that victory (for her set of episodes) she'll never get in the manga.

Of course this is Hayate so I'm sure each 'arc' will be about nothing happening in the end.

fertygo

Why Manglobe so obsessive with this "different adaptation approach" shit -____-

dumbyugi

Even though I don't hate the sound of this I wish that they would just adapt the Athena arc instead.

duckroll

LOL. Same staff as the recent series eh? RIP!

Why Manglobe so obsessive with this "different adaptation approach" shit -____-

Haha, what makes you think Manglobe has any say in what the concept is. :p

Defuser

Dammit Manglobe, lay your filthy hands off this franchise!

*insert ugly hinagiku S3 pic*

madp

The Light of El Cantare

COME BACK SYNERGYSP

WHY DID YOU FORSAKE US? YOU WERE KIND OF AWKWARD AND HOMELY SOMETIMES BUT YOU HAD HEART, MAN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom