• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeroshiki

It's another Hosoda flick and you just watches Summer Wars, right?

Err... I saw Summer Wars in 2009.

I understand that people like comparing Summer Wars to Digimon. I just don't feel like it matters either way to be honest. Summer Wars stands on its own.

fertygo

Haha, what makes you think Manglobe has any say in what the concept it. :p

Well they only one that doing it.

They already made 2 of those IIRC, 3 with this.

Well you're right.. the producer can say "made up something for 1 cour, straight adaptation cost too much" or Manglobe that offering the suggestion, and got those project.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Christ, where the fuck have I been? Time to catch up on a few days worth of anime!

The iDOLM@STER 17

- We get it, Jupiter are dicks and President Evil is evil.
- It was nice seeing Makoto so happy. :3
- Producer is a total bro. :D
- Miki needs to stop being in love with Producer. It's kinda weird.

The iDOLM@STER 18

- RITSUKO EPISODE, YESSS
- Really seems like they're building to something big with Chihaya.
- Dat Iori fanservice
- No. Fuck you Miki, don't get in the way of my dreams.
- ...oh, good, Miki's actually doing the right thing here. For once.
-
YES. YES YES YES. IDOL RITSUKO
! :DDDDD
- BEST EPISODE

The iDOLM@STER 19

- Oh hey, an EvilCo. episode. Yaaaaaaay. -_-
- Alright. Let's see if they can manage to make Takane not-boring.
- Hey, drama by way of intentional lack of communication! Truly a staple of anime.
- Oh yeah, definitely something big building with Chihaya.
- Incoming
heel-face turn for Jupiter
? Feels that way.
- KEIKAKU DOORI
- Well that wasn't so bad. Still not a huge Takane fan, but she's okay.

The iDOLM@STER 20

- Chihaya time. Here we gooooo.
- C'mon Jupiter. Have your
Vegeta moment
. You can do it!
- This episode badly needs Kotoura-san despair eyes.
- Man, Chihaya's got one of those old Nokia brick phones. Awesome.
- Hey, finally, Haruka does something!
- These damn...onions...I can't...;___;
- So many feels. THANK YOU FOR SMILE. ;_;

DiGiKerot

Is Sakura Wars: The Movie worth watching? I borrowed it from the library but I'm not sure if I should watch it.

It's a bit of a hard sale for those who aren't fans of the game - I thought it was alright, but it basically exists as a bridge between the third and fourth games, and sets up a few things which didn't have any pay-off until Sakura Wars 5 (both the Japan-only Episode 0 game and the full game). I don't think there's any particular value to it in isolation, though.

The iDOLM@STER 18

- RITSUKO EPISODE, YESSS
- Dat Iori fanservice
-
- BEST EPISODE

I hope you realise that you're sharing your favourite episode with Yamakan here. Not to,suggest that this implies anything about your character or anything, obviously.

dumbyugi

It's a bit of a hard sale for those who aren't fans of the game - I thought it was alright, but it basically exists as a bridge between the third and fourth games, and sets up a few things which didn't have any pay-off until Sakura Wars 5 (both the Japan-only Episode 0 game and the full game). I don't think there's any particular value to it in isolation, though.

Thanks for the info. Doesn't sound like it's for me then.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to

yos yos?

Ano Natsu/Onegai Sensei

For whatever reason, I watched the end of Onegai Sensei and it ends with this:
EV9oHq2l.jpg

And then I remembered that Ano Natsu ends like this:
c1WwQ84l.jpg

Nice little callback, if nothing else.
(And boy is Ano Natsu so much better than Onegai Sensei lol)

I need to watch Onegai Sensei one of these days. Worth watching?

First PV for the new Higurashi anime project, Higurashi Outbreak:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtF03gcgFyk
Ok trailer, but why no rika on screen ?
It ends with rena and the guy ( forgot the name ) as infected.
Not sure if i want more higurashi ..

Y'know. Instead of wasting man hours designing a new male character for that SAO game, they should have just added the best character from the show.
Isn't he in the game as a npc ?

Okay, I'm gonna need some help figuring this one out.
EFNLpEi.jpg

So it would seem that Hayate no Gotoku Cuties is a straight-up romantic comedy with each episode focusing on just one or two girls? OP is by Shizuka Itou as Hinagiku and the ED will be different every episode (presumably sung by the focus girl(s) that week).

Ok ok .. Athena finally get an anime appearance and rika comes back from her world tour ?
Why not.. the hinagiku parts will be the best no doubt

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Another huge week, so expect a lot more BD numbers on Thursday again.

This week's only first volume new release is bolded.

Weekly Sales Rankings for February 25 - March 3:

Blu-ray
*1, 24,949 24,949 Sword Art Online vol.5 Limited Edition
*2, *8,047 *8,047 Little Busters! vol.3 Limited Edition
*3, *7,778 *7,778 To Love-Ru Darkness vol.3 Limited Edition
*4, *6,224 *6,224 Accel World vol.8
*5, *5,516 *5,516 Hidamari Sketch × Honeycomb vol.3 Limited Edition
*6, *5,257 *5,257 Oreimo Blu-ray Disc Box
*7, *4,521 *4,521 Blood-C: The Last Dark Limited Edition
*8, *4,238 31,595 Wolf Children
*9, *4,130 *4,130 Revolutionary Girl Utena Blu-ray Box Part II
10, *3,956 *3,956 Oreshura vol.1 Limited Edition
11, *3,317 *3,317 Joshiraku vol.5 Limited Edition
12, *3,296 *3,296 Oda Nobuna no Yabou vol.6

edit: it's worth noting that Oreshura vol.1 was a discounted price, so its vol.1 numbers probably won't reflect its final average.
Utena doing surprisingly better than I expected. Dat Akio swag

sonicmj1

Wandering Son 9

It'd be weird to say that this episode was significantly better than the rest of the series, but with the more serious turn the story takes, it arrested my attention in a way that other episodes didn't.

This episode revolved around
Nitori's decision to come to school in a girl's uniform,
and the magnitude of that choice sent ripples all through the episode. One thing I think it captured really well was the mix of embarrassment, intimacy, and excitement that came with the choice. There were a number of moments where music was conspicuously absent. One scene in particular didn't have anything objectionable in it, but just the way it was shot made me uncomfortable in a way I haven't felt since a particular episode of Utena.

The end has me really anticipating what will happen next week. I'm glad we know all the characters as well as we do; it'll make watching what comes next that much more rewarding.

PsionBolt

The iDOLM@STER 20
- Chihaya time. Here we gooooo.
- C'mon Jupiter. Have your
Vegeta moment
. You can do it!
- This episode badly needs Kotoura-san despair eyes.
- Man, Chihaya's got one of those old Nokia brick phones. Awesome.
- These damn...onions...I can't...;___;
- So many feels. THANK YOU FOR SMILE. ;_;

Chihaya really doesn't get the respect she deserves here. If only less value was put on PLOT, her actual character development might put her higher on lists! But alas.
Also, she gets the best character songs. An anime-original, thematically relevant song, while the second best gets a song about... bicycles.

Articalys

And it's time for this week's per-volume total sales average, for series that have released their final volumes:

Accel World -- 8,691 avg. across 8 volumes
Oda Nobuna no Yabou -- 4,693 avg. across 6 volumes
Hakuouki Reimeiroku -- 5,119 avg. across 6 volumes
La storia della Arcana Famiglia -- 2,307 avg. across 6 volumes
Chouyaku Hyakunin isshu: Uta Koi -- 1,586 avg. across 6 volumes
Hagure Yuusha no Aesthetica -- 2,199 avg. across 6 volumes

Other notes:
- rapid decline of first week volume-to-volume Magi sales is like the speed at which Blue Exorcist dropped off, except worse
- recent otome adaptations like Arcana Famiglia still haven't gotten the success of, for example, Uta no Prince-sama
- Kuroko's Basketball vol.8 is now over 30,000 total, and has potential to go all the way to 35k.

(via something)

I haven't seen it. This almost makes me curious enough to find out how stupid it gets.
Synopsis:
2 girls from a different famillies have this picture of a mansion, they decide to go and find this dude living there.
The 2 girls fall in love with the guy but they can't do a thing because the guy might be their brother. so what do they do ? They start living together ... Stupid situations everywhere after that ..oh and stupid drama.

Ps: it takes place in the same world, same town 2 years later after the events of onegai teacher.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
No, it's a pretty bad show. Awful plot twists resolved in really silly ways. The main character is another spineless harem protagonist who happens to suffer from a ridiculous disease.

Well that sucks. :/

Onegai Sensei isn't actually a show (or at least not the one that's being discussed here) - it's Onegai Teacher. The second word is and always has been in English.

My bad. >>;;

And it's time for this week's per-volume total sales average, for series that have released their final volumes:

Accel World -- 8,691 avg. across 8 volumes
Oda Nobuna no Yabou -- 4,693 avg. across 6 volumes
Hakuouki Reimeiroku -- 5,119 avg. across 6 volumes
La storia della Arcana Famiglia -- 2,307 avg. across 6 volumes
Chouyaku Hyakunin isshu: Uta Koi -- 1,586 avg. across 6 volumes
Hagure Yuusha no Aesthetica -- 2,199 avg. across 6 volumes

Other notes:
- rapid decline of first week volume-to-volume Magi sales is like the speed at which Blue Exorcist dropped off, except worse
- recent otome adaptations like Arcana Famiglia still haven't gotten the success of, for example, Uta no Prince-sama
- Kuroko's Basketball vol.8 is now over 30,000 total, and has potential to go all the way to 35k.

(via something)

If brothers conflict or diabolik lovers doesn't match those sales, perhaps animators could expand to doing more anime based on games like DRAMAtical Murder, still hoping it gets an anime.

Ultimadrago

Christ, where the fuck have I been? Time to catch up on a few days worth of anime!

The iDOLM@STER 18

- RITSUKO EPISODE, YESSS
- Dat Iori fanservice
-
- BEST EPISODE

Top tier episode for one of the top tier idols.

The iDOLM@STER 19

- Well that wasn't so bad. Still not a huge Takane fan, but she's okay.

Yeah, she's okay.

The iDOLM@STER 20

It surprised me too.

Pooya

Sakurasou - 21

ahahahaha, again?!

captureyhuxr.png

I wonder if this story is reflection of author's real life? he seems to have no talent as well with all this senseless drama, LOL.

I kinda understand what the message of this story was supposed to be, but don't think it works well here.

Steroyd

Sakurasou - 21

I kinda understand what's the message of this story was supposed to be, but don't think it works well here.

The episode would have worked so much better if the last 20 episodes was a massive build-up, showcasing Sorata suffocating from Shiina's talent over time till he blew his top, instead it's a feeling of "not this shit again" but with an extra dose of drama.

fertygo

GaoGaiGar 35-36

This freaking show man.. its getting better and better :bow
Dem mech sakuga, dat GekiRyuJin, dat King J-Der, dat everything

Awesome 2 parter.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well the show kind of focused on each iDOL at a time and I guess they decided to keep her till last. Also suffers from MC syndrome.

I wonder if it's because Haru is fat is the reason for the sales.

Sao has more potential wives (wifuu ?? ) left alone and a large , very large number of fanfics that only increased once the anime was done.
Accel world stayed more of the same ( very poor number). So ..Well

/XX/

One thing I forgot reply to earlier:

As for Yuki,
I didn't feel she parted ways with her mother at all, unlike Ame, and thus there was no need to focus on goodbyes with her.
Of course, although with
"in-line with Yuki's side of the conclusion" I wasn't just referring to a hypothetical farewell scene but more to Yuki's subplot closure as a whole, and in particular how well it worked the patent simplicity of the very touching acceptance scene between her and Sōhei.

Bunny Drop had some really nice painted backgrounds, but that's looking more and more like an exception to their typical output.
They could really use more of the output from (ex-Studio Bihō) Yusuke Takeda and his company bamboo Co.Ltd., that is a contractor Production I.G usually trusts in as they rely a lot on Mr. Takeda, was in my opinion very nice for works from them both like Reaching You and Eden of the East (I appreciated the style of the later even if those textures made for some strange results in the less elaborate foreground elements, somewhat irregular but when it worked I think it looked pretty good). Sword Art Online is also a good recent example of their work outside of Production I.G collaborations.

Hold on OreImo has a ClariS OP!? Is the show any good? I'm half-tempted to watch it just for the OP now.
I'll just watch episode 1 and see what happens. I'll just use that as a contingency plan.
Make sure to watch all the variations of the opening and its visuals, each episode's opening is different from the previous one!

Make sure to get your copy, /XX/, before it's too late!
I'm with Inferno Cop on this. That artificial control of supply and demand be damned! Boycott now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom