• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
GYPW73j.png
Oh won't someone think of the weeaboos?

Jex

So, the Dynamite in the Brain Podcast recently did a pretty good episode on The Animatrix that you can find here. Listening to them reminiscene about this omnibus work makes me feel pretty old considering it came out way back in 2003.

Just for the sake of passing the time, could you rank the shorts in order most favourite to least favourite? Just to refresh your memory the shorts were (these details are probably wrong, lol ANN):

A1711-2_zps52f8d198.jpg

The Second Renaissance Parts 1 & 2
Director: Mahiro Maeda

A1713-2_zpse1aca3ce.jpg

Kid's Story
Director: Shinichiro Watanabe

A1712-2_zpsf038c87e.jpg

Program
Director: Yoshiaki Kawajiri

A1714-2_zpsc9d0c105.jpg

World Record
Takeshi Koike in your face

A1715-2.jpg

Beyond
Director: Koji Morimoto

A1717-2_zps37053d0d.jpg

A Detective Story

A1716-2_zps4c84c4cb.jpg

Matriculated
Director: Peter Chung

A1718-12_zps73959c69.jpg

Final Flight of the Osiris
Director: Andy Jones

My rankings are as follows:

1. Beyond
2. Kid's Story
4. Program
5. World Record
3. The Second Renaissance Parts 1 & 2
6. Matriculated
7. A Detective Story
8. Final Flight of the Osiris

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
So, the Dynamite in the Brain Podcast recently did a pretty good episode on The Animatrix that you can find here. Listening to them reminiscene about this omnibus work makes me feel pretty old considering it came out way back in 2003.

Just for the sake of passing the time, could you rank the shorts in order most favourite to least favourite? Just to refresh your memory the shorts were:

A1713-2.jpg

Kid's Story

A1712-2.jpg

Program

A1714-2.jpg

World Record

A1715-2.jpg

Beyond

A1717-2.jpg

A Detective Story

Matriculated

1. Beyond
2. Kid's Story
4. Program
5. World Record
6. Matriculated
7. A Detective Story

I too enjoy no hotlinking

OreImo Episode 2 or "youfavouriteanimeisshit.jpg"

OP was good as expected, I should've watched this earlier. Kyousuke's feelings after finishing 'eroge #001' seemed to be the same as when I finish a lot of anime.

Loved how the subs called the Psyco Gundam 'The Ultimate Gundam'.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Unless Jex edited his post I can see them all perfectly fine. Perhaps only Brits can see them.

Also why wouldn't you imgur or minus or whatever? It's not hard.

Steroyd

Unless Jex edited his post I can see them all perfectly fine. Perhaps only Brits can see them.

Also why wouldn't you imgur or minus or whatever? It's not hard.

I see nothing wrong with Jex's post either.

Maybe it's some exclusive brit vision.

duckroll

You can't hotlink from ANN. If you already visited the article and looked at the screens there, it will be cached on your browser. Why won't people ever learn basic internet rules. Stop being lazy scrubs.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You can't hotlink from ANN. If you already visited the article and looked at the screens there, it will be cached on your browser. Why won't people ever learn basic internet rules. Stop being lazy scrubs.
The two other British guys can see them though. Clearly it's something they fucked up on their end. lol

Jex

Because American's (and others) can't handle our unique ability to steal ANN's bandwidth, here you go:

Just for the sake of passing the time, could you rank the shorts in order most favourite to least favourite? Just to refresh your memory the shorts were (these details are probably wrong, lol ANN):

A1711-2_zps52f8d198.jpg

A1713-2_zpse1aca3ce.jpg

Kid's Story

A1712-2_zpsf038c87e.jpg

Program

A1714-2_zpsc9d0c105.jpg

World Record

A1715-2_zps6c27c6bc.jpg

Beyond

A1717-2_zps37053d0d.jpg

A Detective Story

A1716-2_zps4c84c4cb.jpg

Matriculated

A1718-12_zps73959c69.jpg

1. Beyond
2. Kid's Story
4. Program
5. World Record
6. Matriculated
7. A Detective Story

Branduil

Beyond is still showing the hotlinking image, lol.

Anyways I can't rank them right now, it's been way too long since I've seen them.

Jex

Beyond is still showing the hotlinking image, lol.

Anyways I can't rank them right now, it's been way too long since I've seen them.

I haven't seen them in awhile either, but when I was younger I saw them multiple times. I should probably pick up the BD considering how cheap it is.

duckroll

My ranking:

1. Beyond - Fantastic visuals, a really interesting take on the Matrix setting, and just great direction all round.

2. Kid's Story - Fantastic visuals, an interesting bridge between the Matrix movies, and just great direction all round.

3. The Second Renaissance Parts 1 & 2 - The history and origin of the Matrix itself. Fuck yeah! Amazing designs too.

4. World Record - Fantastic visuals, the concept is more interesting than the execution, but pretty good direction.

5. A Detective Story - The premise is kinda generic, the visuals make it more interesting, but I found this rather disappointing considering the talent involved.

6. Program - For a story which is about nothing but a samurai training battle in the Matrix, it's pretty dull and the action isn't that great. Nice colors though.

7. Final Flight of the Osiris - Lol Squaresoft.

8. Matriculated - Lolololol Peter Chung.

cajunator

Banned

A1711-2_zps52f8d198.jpg

A1713-2_zpse1aca3ce.jpg

Kid's Story

A1712-2_zpsf038c87e.jpg

Program

A1714-2_zpsc9d0c105.jpg

World Record

A1715-2.jpg

Beyond

A1717-2_zps37053d0d.jpg

A Detective Story

A1716-2_zps4c84c4cb.jpg

Matriculated

A1718-12_zps73959c69.jpg

1. Beyond
2. Kid's Story
4. Program
5. World Record
6. Matriculated
7. A Detective Story

World Record is the best one.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
This reminds me, you should watch Pontypool.

It's Canadian and everything.
It's funny, I won't say I'm a Bruce McDonald fan, but I've watched so much Canadian TV that I've seen his work probably more than any other Canadian director (that I can name anyway).

That said, I've been mostly allergic to Canadian movies so I gave Pontypool a miss when it came out. Maybe I should look into it again.

Jex

There is one thing I can say with some authority regarding The Animatrix - it's no Halo Legends.

Syrinx

Futari wa Pretty Cure 8

"you think you know how I feel?" Well...she apparently does, Nagisa, since you were interested in that guy. I suppose she should have at least offered you the chance to speak to him instead of just saying "hey this is what's-his-name" without giving you time to prepare. That I might understand. But don't act all hardass on her like that, like you really didn't want the opportunity to speak to him.

So Nagisa and Honoka get into a fight about that and...them reading each others' diaries to make up was nice, but I may have liked something more...I dunno...resolute, I guess? Part of why conflict between friends makes for an interesitng storyline is seeing how the two characters resolve their differences, and while the diaries gave each other insight into how the other feels (who hates onions, seriously?), it doesn't really tie them together, I suppose. I'm having trouble describing it.

Love how they just took care of the enemy like no problem while they were arguing though. I enjoy seeing villains rage at being neglected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom