• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

I can't imagine that was a coincidence, personally. I don't think Terasawa ever said anything about that though.
(For what it's worth, a Japanese translation of Dick's story had been published in the December 1972 issue of SF Magazine, back when Terasawa was 18.)

Well, that seems pretty likely.

Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal 17

N6BF4Ds.jpg

Yawn, so the band of terrible friends gets captured and protag decides that he's too cool to rely on his imaginary friend and duels to save them. I thought it was established that he's a crappy duelist.

Dresden

An anime about anthropomorphized blood types? Uh, okay.

Ketsuekigata-kun, the manga about anthropomorphized blood types, is inspiring a television anime that will premiere on April 7. In Japan, some people believe that blood types are linked to personalities; to them, people with Type A blood are reliable, Type B blood signifies passionate people, Type O blood indicates those with an independent streak, and Type AB people are capricious.

A creator who goes by the pen name "Real Crazy Man" has been drawing manga that takes these blood-type personalities and turn them into characters. Popular voice actors Jun Fukuyama, Yūichi Nakamura, Akira Ishida, and Tetsuya Kakihara will play Types A, B, O, and AB, respectively, in the anime.

Yoshihisa Oyama (director of photography on Aku no Hana, Say "I love you".) is helming the anime at the studios Assez Finaud Fabric. and feel. Kenichi Yamashita (Ishida and Asakura, Yumeiro Pâtissière) is writing the scripts, and Dax Production is charge of sound. Earth Star Entertainment published three manga volumes by "Real Crazy Man" since last July.

cajunator

Banned
Fresh survived Chiffon, which was another baby mascot that forced the characters into a nurturing role, but this thing is just so creepily humanoid. Who the fuck allowed this thing into the show?!

please tell me that this is just some kind of passive-aggressive spite and not what you actually believe ._.

dude I actually searched ebay for a Porun plushie.
I want one so badly.

Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal 18

So to win the duel, the protag and his imaginary friend literally created a new card that could save the day. I get top decking and I dunno, skill I guess, but this is flat out cheating here people.

CorvoSol

Let's just hope we don't find the Travis to your Old Yeller then. :(

Old Yeller nothin'. Somebody get Atticus Finch. It's the only way.

How could you like Gundam 00 enough to pay 16 bucks to see any part of it in theaters? I loved Gundam Wing but I still wouldn't've paid to see Endless Waltz.

cajunator

Banned
what did I do to hurt you so deeply? ._.

One of the reviewers was probably just on one of the losing waifu teams and wanted some revenge.

Honoka and Porun and Kiriya are the main reasons I enjoyed Futari Wa Precure as much as I did.
especially when Porun does the awesome little super saiyan thing.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
The joke was deliberately avoiding anthropomorphization as a "terrible tradition".

nah, don't get me wrong. I don't have anything against anthros, I just like to poke fun at the determination of otaku to turn anything and everything into a cute girl. Furries (wait, that word's not derogatory, is it?) aren't beholden to otaku culture, there's nothing to mock there!

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
nah, don't get me wrong. I don't have anything against anthros, I just like to poke fun at the determination of otaku to turn anything and everything into a cute girl. Furries aren't beholden to otaku culture, there's nothing to mock there!

duckroll says you're getting too powerful. stop it. lol.

Narag

Poor guy was pushed a little too far and now he's threatening fine upstanding posters like madpierrot in duckroll's name.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

Tag quote probably works here too. Double owned

Poor guy was pushed a little too far and now he's threatening fine upstanding posters like madpierrot in duckroll's name.

Now that I've found out that kayos secretly feels threatened by me for whatever reason I don't know how to react :( I think our beleaguered mascot is just projecting his guilt over failing to get us to Okeanos in yet another season onto other people.

I'm a pigeon.

Don't worry, it's coo' with me.

Narag

Now that I've found out that kayos secretly feels threatened by me for whatever reason I don't know how to react :( I think the poor guy is just projecting his guilt over failing to get us to Okeanos in yet another season onto other people.
I intended to help get to OT4 before work crushed me. On the bright side, I feel like I better understand cajunator now since when one overworks themselves, lighter fare is preferable to unwind with rather than trying to force yourself to watch something that demands attention while exhausted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom