• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
So in my recent Utena drive I've been going into Ohtori.nu's forums because I'm crazy like that, and I ended up finding this video series analysing Utena episode by episode. Crass language aside, I think the videocast (is that a word?) is fairly well-made, plus the guys are obviously knowledgeable* about what they are talking about. Be warned, though, that the videos include spoilers for pretty much the entire show, so people like Syrinx should refrain from checking the material before finishing the goddamn cartoon.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I intended to help get to OT4 before work crushed me. On the bright side, I feel like I better understand cajunator now since when one overworks themselves, lighter fare is preferable to unwind with rather than trying to force yourself to watch something that demands attention while exhausted.

I sacrificed posting for marathon efficiency. I'd rather see us make the goal on the back of substantiate discussion anyway, which is impossible this season.

You know what we say in America, don't count your pigeons before they're worth two in the bush.

oh fuck I lost it when I saw the new avatar.

LOL, didn't even think of that.

You know, I think I might have the most esoteric tag on GAF. It's funny to about five people and everyone else is just "huh?" :lol

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I think there's been a misunderstanding here. Would you like to come over to my place and talk about it?

Of course, only a fool would think that the shadowy leader of an international corporate cartel would have any ulterior motive for inviting someone threatening to expose his secrets to a secluded location under his control and staffed with militantly-loyal followers. Will guimauves be served?

Branduil

Of course, only a fool would think that the shadowy leader of an international corporate cartel would have any ulterior motive for inviting someone threatening to expose his secrets to a secure location under his control. Will guimauves be served?

No, but there will be hot coffee.

cajunator

Banned
I intended to help get to OT4 before work crushed me. On the bright side, I feel like I better understand cajunator now since when one overworks themselves, lighter fare is preferable to unwind with rather than trying to force yourself to watch something that demands attention while exhausted.

yes. after work the last thing I want to watch is a show that challenges me. I abuse my brain on a daily basis solving all manner of clusterfuck problems and after 7 days of it it's like "enough thinking, let's watch something stupid and adorable".

I still don't get it....

OH MY GOD YOU ARE SO CUTE

Branduil

God damn, you guys, I'm cracking up here.

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one, then.

Guimauve?

flQqIdD.jpg

madp

The Light of El Cantare
No, but there will be hot coffee.

Sounds like a pla---waitwhatthefuck where am I? And what smells so delicious? Like......like somebody's face? Yeah, that's definitely face. I gotta get me some face now.

So, does anyone have any utensils on them? Because, well, to be honest, I just bought this coat and I'd hate to get face on it. I mean, let's face it, purple trenchcoats in my size are just impossible to come by and--nobody? Nobody at all? Well, fuck it, I guess that's why God gave me teeth. Yeah.........face.

duckroll

Just got the insider scoops from IRC:

Sailor Moon (2013)

- Directed by Kunihiko Ikuhara (thanks Hitokage)
- Series Director is Yutaka Yamamoto (thanks mAcOdIn)
- Animation produced by BONES (thanks Milamber)
- Toei confirms that Ikuhara has full creative control (thanks Hitokage)
- 3 min episodes (thanks dresden)
- Full CG animation (thanks duckroll)

Branduil

Sailor Moon (2013)

You see, this is what happens when people trust the internet instead of reputable traditional media outlets.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus

Sailor Moon (2013)

hjdirjrjfjksjdkfjdnjfmfjsjamsjekdijfienwjqoamkskdmdkdjdmmdjkdj

Instro

Sailor Moon (2013)

Hot scoops

OceanBlue

Sailor Moon (2013)

Looks legit to me. Yamamoto confirmed side character then.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Attention British GAF: (English?)

There's apparently going to be a Princess Mononoke stage play put up by some theater company called "Whole Hog Theater". Suzuki Toshio of Studio Ghibli even attended some kind of press event for it.

I expect you guys to go see it and give a full report.

http://www.wholehogtheatre.com/doing...ncess-mononoke
Right...
But as someone said, it's sold out and I sure ain't going out of my way to hunt down tickets when I can just pop in the DVD.

(their number one choice overall was Doctor Who, if you're curious)
The US is suffering from a Tea-aboo infestation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom