• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Just got the insider scoops from IRC:

Sailor Moon (2013)

- Directed by Kunihiko Ikuhara (thanks Hitokage)
- Series Director is Yutaka Yamamoto (thanks mAcOdIn)
- Animation produced by BONES (thanks Milamber)
- Toei confirms that Ikuhara has full creative control (thanks Hitokage)
- 3 min episodes (thanks dresden)
- Full CG animation (thanks duckroll)

only three minute episodes? Not sure if want.

Quasar

Minami-ke Tadaima #8

After taking a long break from Minami I have started re-watching. Sure its slight, and probably the closest to an anime sitcom I've watched but I enjoy it.

Really loved this episode in particular. That musical number by Hosaka and Chiaka was awesome in particular.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm on the bus at the mo so I can't see it,but I assume it's only available to those in the same room as the panel.

Articalys

2eaxDSk.gif

duckroll

Wow so Madhouse can still do some traditional mechanical animation after all.

According to Kameda, the mecha animation director on the movie is Hiroki Mutaguchi. So it's not like Madhouse has a regular mecha animation director working in their studio anyway. Lol.

cajunator

Banned
I need happy squee cute pictures.
work is being a bunch of shit this morning.
We are rolling out a new database and it takes time for drivers to adjust to it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I think digital reading will be a supplementary choice, not a replacement. Physical books are so ingrained into our culture I don't see them ever disappearing. It's not like vinyl records or CDs where it's a matter of technology ageing, printed media has been around for 5 centuries.
Well, horses were the main mode of transportations in cities for a long time... then people moved on.

Do you know Forest Manner elementary school or the Fairview mall? I lived in that area.
I know the mall. You lived in the north! Not quite ryuukan territory though.

http://curiouscope.com/?p=1693
http://curiouscope.com/?p=1660

http://i.imgur.com/Ne2LiCZ.jpg

Jinsei Best Ten

Staff
Director: Yo Miura
Character Design: Hiroko Kazui
Script: Reiko Yoshida
Animation Director: Tomokatsu Nagasaku
Music: Mine Kawakami
Animation Production: BONES

Main Cast
Miki Nakatani
Hiroshi Kamiya

---

Trailer (it's the second one): http://www.nhk.or.jp/bswomen/special/25.html

Wow, even has Yoshida. Total firehawk bait.

You guys are late, since Geneijin posted about this ages ago! I'm glad it's confirmed that Yoshida is working on at least one of these. I'm the only one who liked the last one, but I figure this one will be interesting as well.

duckroll

You guys are late, since Geneijin posted about this ages ago! I'm glad it's confirmed that Yoshida is working on at least one of these. I'm the only one who liked the last one, but I figure this one will be interesting as well.

I'm not late! I only care because this one is BONES! :D

Gundam 00 10

Oh for the love of- can we not have ONE Gundam pilot who isn't ridiculously convoluted in some way? Oh, well, at least Neil's convoluted thing isn't THAT far fetched. And the Nadleh's reveal was cool. Still want Tieria to die in a fire, and for Hallelujah to stop this split personality nonsense. It was so much better done with Lady Une.
Wait wait .. lock-on stratos is alright ! Especially by episode 10.

Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal 16
Monsters are your friends! You just want to protect them!

Of course, the protag doesn't get stronger by training. Instead he just gets handed a new deck. This show.
Stop this protection thing !! When your focus is on protection , you're bond to fail unless deus ex machina , look at Blood-C the last dark !

Wait a new deck ? Can't he just correct the flaws of his old deck by himself ? Is he dumb ?
Heartcatch PreCure!

Episode 3

Near the beginning of the episode Erika mentions that Tsubomi isn't wearing her glasses and changed her hair style. I noticed that before and wondered what had happened in regards to her glasses. Is she wearing contacts or does she not really need them and it was just a self aware visual representation of her being more introverted and closing herself off to others?
She
never needed the glasses . She started to wear fake glasses to be a generic girl#315168431
..luckyly Erika happenned...

Erika shows up a lot more in this episode unlike the last one and I didn't really have any problems here unlike during the first episode. If she was maybe in somebody's face a bit more it just felt more along the lines of a genki girls general excited nature or Tusbomi was now there to reel her in. The reaction faces were varied and entertaining this episode as well. I may be mistaken but I don't think I've seen a little microphone in the mouth to visibly show someone as yelling.
Heartcatch is full of reaction faces i don't do that usually but even i have a erika reaction face folder on my computer.
I've heard different one's mention a Cure
Marine
and now I know which show she's from and who it is. Actually her introduction into a PreCure is probably one of the most, or possibly the most, interesting I've seen. She just went through everything on her own and when asked how she knew it was basically she just used her "dream" as a PreCure tutorial and just did what she saw Tsubomi do, haha. Even her whole
I've actually been thinking up a name for myself since this morning
line was pretty amusing. Her transformation was pretty good too.

[...]

The girls actually seem to be getting along pretty quickly. Although Erika did seem to take a rather instant liking to Tsubomi. I'm sure SDBurton was happy with the little bit of
hand holding
at the end of the episode.
Erika is a perfect example of a genki girl done right
The heart seed production still kind of weirds me out though...

I like the ending song and dance but I'm still not sure what to think of the designs.
Heart seed production is ...well... your uneasy feelign will ease over time.
Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal 17
N6BF4Ds.jpg

Yawn, so the band of terrible friends gets captured and protag decides that he's too cool to rely on his imaginary friend and duels to save them. I thought it was established that he's a crappy duelist.
Wait he doesn't use cheat mode and still lose anyway ?
Now you're making intrested to watch to see how bad this character is.

Damn if that screenshot isn't horrible ..i fail to even understand the context

Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal 18
So to win the duel, the protag and his imaginary friend literally created a new card that could save the day. I get top decking and I dunno, skill I guess, but this is flat out cheating here people.
Create a new card ? can't they use existing cards ( in the thousand already available ) to improve a crappy deck ? or is this a deus ex machina plot to try to sell a unique card IRL ?
Just got the insider scoops from IRC:

Sailor Moon (2013)

- Directed by Kunihiko Ikuhara (thanks Hitokage)
- Series Director is Yutaka Yamamoto (thanks mAcOdIn)
- Animation produced by BONES (thanks Milamber)
- Toei confirms that Ikuhara has full creative control (thanks Hitokage)
- 3 min episodes (thanks dresden)
- Full CG animation (thanks duckroll)

And you people are telling me that IRC is a safe place ...
Everytime i go there there is something unexpected going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom