• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
You're being exploited, sir.

aside from extra days it averages out to 42 hours a week.
not really exploitive.
its just that I have to work two weeks worth of hours in one week and then Im off for several days.
also this job requires 12 hour shifts by the nature of it.
transport does not function like a normal 9-5

Milamber

aside from extra days it averages out to 42 hours a week.
not really exploitive.
its just that I have to work two weeks worth of hours in one week and then Im off for several days.
also this job requires 12 hour shifts by the nature of it.
transport does not function like a normal 9-5

I work 60 hr work weeks for my overtime pay. How else can I fund my "hobbies".

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
First 3/4 of Rose of Versailles is basically royal palace soap opera, while the last 1/4 is much more serious and political. If you know some history, you might guess what this means.

Articalys

Hmm... so the next issue of Jump seems to have a very small promo for the second Gintama movie, showing a poster with present and past Gintoki back-to-back, along with the title Gintama Kanketsu-hen -- which translates to something like "Concluding Story". As for what that means, no more details right now.

Westlo

Okay, I'm gonna need some help figuring this one out.

So it would seem that Hayate no Gotoku Cuties is a straight-up romantic comedy with each episode focusing on just one or two girls? OP is by Shizuka Itou as Hinagiku and the ED will be different every episode (presumably sung by the focus girl(s) that week).

On one hand, yay a-tan for 1-2 episodes, on another hand this is probably the final nail in the coffin for the End of the World arc. Yet another great manga arc that was not animated, sadly it wasn't due to a lack of anime episodes :(

EotW arc should've happened a few years after J.C Staff's season...

Ratrat

First 3/4 of Rose of Versailles is basically royal palace soap opera, while the last 1/4 is much more serious and political. If you know some history, you might guess what this means.
That's cool. I was worried it would just be horrible shoujo stuff.

cajunator

Banned
Then obviously you don't need the cute.

No I need it because 84 hours in a row is still that. I get lots of time off (usually) which helps balance that out but its still rough during that week.
Anyway, Im not sure how non right to work states deal with fuel transport because you need a minimum of a 12 hour shift to even make it feasible.
And anyway, I survive because of Cute.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
cajunator's hierarchy of needs:

i5Pl7PXJFz0II.png

The official Hayate no Gotoku site has updated with the info on the new Cuties season:

http://www.hayate-project.com/
k4h0WyF.jpg

(thanks duckroll)

----------------------
Nodding in approval
Via Media-Create sales thread:
Reports of LIFE and HOMETOWN were slightly exaggerated, it seems -- Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus sold 94,324 copies in its first week.
Is that physical copies only ? i was under the impression that they counted physical and digital in the previous report.

I had a dream that I was watching Ikuhara's new Sailor Moon. Then I woke up.

Brb ordering Linkin Park CDs from eBay.

???

Why do you go from sailor moon to linking park ?

What do they have in common ?

Is there a connexion i'm not seeing ?
EDIt : is that a "crawling in my skin" joke or something ? nevermind then

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
???

Why do you go from sailor moon to linking park ?

What do they have in common ?

Is there a connexion i'm not seeing ?
EDIt : is that a "crawling in my skin" joke or something ? nevermind then
Actually I am just gonna order some Penguindrum Blurays since I am already feeling suicidal.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
When people want evidence that this is a cruel and unjust world point out the Linken Park got some nendos but Mitsuba got nothing.

wonzo

Banned
Tamako Market 8

tamako8.jpg

Easily one of the best episodes in the entire series. Kanna was a pretty interesting and underused character up until this episode so it was good that they gave her far more time than usual. Doubly so that the dynamic between Kanna and Dela was funny as hell thanks to not only how well those two play off of each other but also the really charming as hell animation, most notably Dela's overly dramatic reactions. It's hard not to feel sorry for Dela dieting even if he really does need to shape up but I can't help but feel this is gonna backfire on Choi in some way, I blame this "masterpiece" from pixiv:

33887844.jpg

Articalys

Now that the full list is translated from Media Create:

03./00. [PSV] Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus: Otome Shoujotachi no Shoumei # <ACT> (Marvelous AQL) {2013.02.28} (¥6.980) - 94.324 / NEW
04./00. [3DS] Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.02.28} (¥5.800) - 88.386 / NEW
06./00. [PS3] Macross 30: Ginga o Tsunagu Utagoe # <STG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.02.28} (¥8.380) - 63.089 / NEW
12./00. [PSP] D.C.III Plus # <ADV> (Kadokawa Games) {2013.02.28} (¥6.090) - 12.444 / NEW

Also, the Magi game managed to hang on just enough to stay on the charts:

18./04. [3DS] Magi: The Labyrinth of Beginning <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.02.21} (¥5.800) - 5.815 / 35.217 (-80%)

sonicmj1

Mouryou no Hako 9

Well, well. Here we are. I like how they played with the episode 4 introduction here. The show does have a way of reminding you of things sometimes, even if it's subtle.

Some of the more important mysteries are being answered. But there are some key concepts that have been introduced which remain unclear. I wish I had more energy to unpack some of the events in this episode, because a lot of important character things happened, in addition to some extreme plot movements.

iMMSQ2ohP8dl5.jpg

The conversation with Yoriko's mother seems incredibly significant in particular, and if I was the kind of person to revisit things, I'd like to revisit it.

It always ends in a way that leaves me wanting more. I guess that's a good thing, but it makes the show tough to watch at our slow pace.

wonzo

Banned
Joshiraku OAD

joshirakuoad.jpg

I was originally gonna post the funny Hunter x Hunter gag, the Dezaki postcard jokes or a gif of the sentai hero getting punched in the face but all I could come back to was

THIS

SHEER

HORROR

fourteen8.jpg

Syrinx

Just got the insider scoops from IRC:

Sailor Moon (2013)

- Directed by Kunihiko Ikuhara (thanks Hitokage)
- Series Director is Yutaka Yamamoto (thanks mAcOdIn)
- Animation produced by BONES (thanks Milamber)
- Toei confirms that Ikuhara has full creative control (thanks Hitokage)
- 3 min episodes (thanks dresden)
- Full CG animation (thanks duckroll)

Lol I JUST woke up when I read this. I was all "Wha...?"

Westlo

Now that the full list is translated from Media Create:

03./00. [PSV] Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus: Otome Shoujotachi no Shoumei # <ACT> (Marvelous AQL) {2013.02.28} (¥6.980) - 94.324 / NEW
04./00. [3DS] Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.02.28} (¥5.800) - 88.386 / NEW
06./00. [PS3] Macross 30: Ginga o Tsunagu Utagoe # <STG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.02.28} (¥8.380) - 63.089 / NEW
12./00. [PSP] D.C.III Plus # <ADV> (Kadokawa Games) {2013.02.28} (¥6.090) - 12.444 / NEW

Also, the Magi game managed to hang on just enough to stay on the charts:

18./04. [3DS] Magi: The Labyrinth of Beginning <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.02.21} (¥5.800) - 5.815 / 35.217 (-80%)

Don't forget the best thing in that thread!

ioKahghXk5G7m.gif

Mitsuo Iso animating it all himself. That's where he's at now, no doubt, working diligently on sailor Mercury' transformation sequence.

Fixed :)

Joshiraku OAD

Why the heck didn't have the screenshoot on hand when i was talking about precure transformations yesterday ..talk about bad timing !!!!

Don't forget the best thing in that thread!

ioKahghXk5G7m.gif

You guys having way too much fun with your gifs !

Theonik

Nyanpire 07
So Nyanpire IS a very weird vampire indeed.

Nyanpire 08
Samewrai should just quite while he's still got some dignity left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom