• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimadrago

Tamako Market 8

lump6ws2f.png

Fowl Fitness.

Tamako's father maintains his adorable factor. Dera goes on a weight loss plan and heads to school.
This is good episode because there's plenty of Kanna's low-tone lines and antics.

Tamako Market 9

dadmoeuplps.png

Tamako's dad is better than your dad.

Tamako's father again maintains an adorable factor. A nice little episode, but it begs me the question:
Why didn't Tamako even attempt to ask An in the first place? Mochizou isn't An's sibling, it shouldn't be his primary obligation to find out what's wrong with her before Tamako.
It's settled later, but it rubbed me wrong. Nonetheless, the rest of it goes decently and the ending was really good.

Mamedai truly is the best father of the season.

Syrinx

Revolutionary Girl Utena 27

Uhh...okay then. Well, it certainly was the type of episode I expected.

Nanami lays an egg. First she's all paranoid, wondering what people would think if they found out she laid an egg. Then she misinterprets something Miki says and thinks people do lay eggs. Then she gets paranoid about what people would think if they found out she's only laying her first egg just now. Nanami's mental scenes are some of the highlights of this show. They're never not hilarious. Also, there's a scene of confusion where Juri says "ball", cause she's a fine bowler, and Nanami thinks she says "egg". Now she thinks Juri has been laying eggs since she was seven.

Then she starts to embrace the egg and care for it, and want to see it grow. But then there's a scene with her brother where he condemns homosexuality and then tells Nanami that they get along because she's not the kind of girl who lays eggs, and that any who do bring shame on their family and are traitors. So Nanami abandons the egg, but then has a changs of heart and goes to get it back. Then she sees her egg, but it's huge, and it bursts open with a bright flash of light. Then it turns out she was dreaming and she broke the egg in her sleep.

Don't think the symbolism or Nanami's behavior is lost on me. Though I'm wondering how that pertains to her in particular and how it fits in with the larger themes.

Hey, more the power to you, just be aware we are gonna bombard you with fanwankery the moment you finish the show.

I look forward to being covered in fan jizz.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
"Akio's penis"
would have been better?
Urge to post the tra la la amv rising.
Revolutionary Girl Utena 27

Uhh...okay then. Well, it certainly was the type of episode I expected.

Nanami lays an egg. First she's all paranoid, wondering what people would think if they found out she laid an egg. Then she misinterprets something Miki says and thinks people do lay eggs. Then she gets paranoid about what people would think if they found out she's only laying her first egg just now. Nanami's mental scenes are some of the highlights of this show. They're never not hilarious. Also, there's a scene of confusion where Juri says "ball", cause she's a fine bowler, and Nanami thinks she says "egg". Now she thinks Juri has been laying eggs since she was seven.

Then she starts to embrace the egg and care for it, and want to see it grow. But then there's a scene with her brother where he condemns homosexuality and then tells Nanami that they get along because she's not the kind of girl who lays eggs, and that any who do bring shame on their family and are traitors. So Nanami abandons the egg, but then has a changs of heart and goes to get it back. Then she sees her egg, but it's huge, and it bursts open with a bright flash of light. Then it turns out she was dreaming and she broke the egg in her sleep.

Don't think the symbolism or Nanami's behavior is lost on me. Though I'm wondering how that pertains to her in particular and how it fits in with the larger themes.
Why was Noniriri's tag changed? It was teh best. :(

Nafe

I didn't visit #animegaf in weeks , i tried tonight and i saw a shocking revelation that may or may not hold true without context ...
I guess i shouldn't underestimate #animegaf Chat

What did this big revelation turn out to be anyway? cajunator isn't really the largest consumer of cute or something?

Looks like some Idolm@ster pictures. Is the girl in the middle of the bottom row supposed to be Chihaya?

Futari wa Pretty Cure 10

Also, I never asked this before, but is there some sort of international law stating you can't attack a magical girl while she's transforming? Does that violate the Geneva Convetion or something?

Transformations give you invincibility frames apparently, haha.

This actually reminds me of one of the earlier episodes of the live action Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, where just after Rei had transformed and was in the middle of her final pose, the enemy just attacks her and knocks her back. Naturally I wasn't a fan of Rei getting hit but just the way it sort of ignored the transformation thing and immediately attacked her in the middle of her pose I thought was interesting for being different.

There's a few different times in different shows where the enemy maybe didn't attack during the transformation sequence itself but while the character was maybe in the middle of their pre-transformation speech, or chant, the enemy interrupted them or knocked their transformation device out of their hand as well.

This actually also reminds me of a lot of action movies or shows where the hero(s) or protagonist(s) are surrounded by enemies and instead of attacking all at once, they seem to take turns going more one or two at a time, haha.

What did this big revelation turn out to be anyway? cajunator isn't really the largest consumer of cute or something?

It's still in the chat log. i'll Spoiler because It's a NSFW text.

<Trejo> i'm afraid i'll no longer be able to maintain an erection unless novid is screaming into my ear

This ...was a big revelation.

Theonik insists that it make sense in context but hey ......

trejo

<Trejo> i'm afraid i'll no longer be able to maintain an erection unless novid is screaming into my ear

I fail to see what's so shocking about that.

Narag

The main thing I continue to wonder about this episode is
why is Saionji frying eggs in the middle of the forest while wearing a frilly apron?

I fear it is a question without an answer.

It's simple:
He'd likely ruin his school uniform from some sort of splatter if he wasn't wearing an apron.

cajunator

Banned

Im pretty sure Trejo posted something similar in here because I definitely remember him saying that.

It's still the nanami tampon thing. Maybe you saw it on one of those weird days when some tags disappeared.

This is one of those tags that I hope never changes.

Articalys

I hate bad English like this. It's pretty ambiguous. He's either saying: "There is still the manga" or "It's just a hiatus relax, they'll make another show." or "It's not actually ending just stopping for a season"
Fuck, I don't know anymore. Why would he bother to tweet about this in English in the first place; just to calm down an international audience worried that the anime ending = the manga ending?

cajunator

Banned
I have been struggling to decide if I want the blue or the pink haired KuroUsagi figure.
I could get both but they are otherwise identical.

Toriko 93 (FuniHulu)

Well that was pretty good. I think they slightly dropped the ball, more in regards to the manga writer.
I dont think a fight ought to have been necessary as it was clear that Livebeared wasnt actually that strong, so the whole event felt pretty tacked on, though I dont know any other way for them to have resolved it without at least Sunny throwing down

Also got more anime today.

duckroll

Fuck, I don't know anymore. Why would he bother to tweet about this in English in the first place; just to calm down an international audience worried that the anime ending = the manga ending?

His English is just bad. His Japanese message was much clearer earlier on.

https://twitter.com/hiro_mashima/status/309291618790412290

&#20170;&#36913;&#12398;&#12510;&#12460;&#12472;&#12531;&#12395;&#12450;&#12491;&#12513;(&#32066;)&#12392;&#26360;&#12356;&#12390;&#12354;&#12427;&#12435;&#12384;&#12369;&#12393;&#12289;&#23455;&#12399;&#12414;&#12384;&#32066;&#12431;&#12426;&#12376;&#12419;&#12394;&#12356;&#12435;&#12391;&#12377;&#12424;&#12290;&#12371;&#12428;&#20197;&#19978;&#12398;&#20107;&#12399;&#35328;&#12360;&#12394;&#12356;&#12435;&#12384;&#12369;&#12393;&#12289;4&#26376;&#12363;&#12425;&#12398;&#20877;&#25918;&#36865;&#12434;&#35211;&#12394;&#12364;&#12425;&#12424;&#12356;&#30330;&#34920;&#12364;&#12391;&#12365;&#12427;&#26085;&#12434;&#12414;&#12387;&#12390;&#12356;&#12390;&#12411;&#12375;&#12356;&#12391;&#12377;&#12290;

He says that although the magazine this week states that the anime is "ending", the truth is that it is not completely over. He can't say much more than that right now, but he hopes that people will wait for the day where they can announce some good news, and in the meantime they can watch the reruns starting in April.

Articalys

His English is just bad. His Japanese message was much clearer earlier on.

https://twitter.com/hiro_mashima/status/309291618790412290

He says that although the magazine this week states that the anime is "ending", the truth is that it is not completely over. He can't say much more than that right now, but he hopes that people will wait for the day where they can announce some good news, and in the meantime they can watch the reruns starting in April.
Ah, that's better. Thanks.

So it probably really is just a long hiatus since it got far, far too close to the current manga chapters, plus probably a couple other factors.

courtesy of Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited - Hyoubu Kyousuke 9
tumblr_mj5qmtGWuO1rynebso1_500.gif

Possibly the best episode of any anime thus far this year. That was really fantastic and wild explosive action packed ride all the way through. Hyoubu is so good and I just want to see him succeed, and Andy Hinomiya as well.
That whole part when he was betrayed and stuff and then kicked out of being an investigator then left for dead on the Catastrophe had me so sad. I thought everyone would just forget about him and move on and even Hyobu too when Yoh and the others were blocked from being able to do anything. Hopefully next episode does turn out like this artists rendition.

I think the only issue with the anime is that it makes the mistake of most other superhero media in western media and that of being extremely predictable. The only thing this needs
if one of the people who did this mission or even the guy himself is actually one of these espers as well

Bakumatsu Gijinden Roman 9

I wonder if they will ever say how in these 1800's the character has a mechanical and somehow powered power suit of sorts, regardless of the how it was still pretty cool too see. Perhaps this anime's best episode thus far too.

Taruranto

Psycho Pizza #19

blahblahblahpsychopassblahblahblahauthornamedropblahblahblah a bunch of info about the setting we just came up but that should have been there from waaay before.

Who the hell writes this shit?

Syrinx

why is Saionji frying eggs in the middle of the forest while wearing a frilly apron?

Moreover,
why'd he have so many goddamn eggs? He was the only one there.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Revolutionary Girl Utena] 27: Nanami's Egg

Saionji
has never struck me as someone reticent from sexual activities. If we take laying eggs as a metaphor for menstruation then Saionji cooking/preparing said eggs can be likened to the act of copulation. He is not an individual afraid of his own sexual prowess, so it makes sense he would do something like egg-cooking out in the open.

The apron is just him practising safe cooking.
:p
It's still the nanami tampon thing. Maybe you saw it on one of those weird days when some tags disappeared.

...Were you talking to me? What was her tag before?
Lololol

Hidamari Sketch x &#9734;&#9734;&#9734; 5

One of my favorite episodes simply for Arisawa's "chapter". Her and Yuno's interactions are just so heart warming, plus Arisawa is a cutie. It's a damn shame she's only appeared one other time in the series.

Straight Title Robot Anime 5
tumblr_mj9qg08xQU1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_mj9qg08xQU1qbxqfpo2_500.png

Another random day trying to find what laughter is. Anyway again when the va's get to do their own thing at the end is when it truly becomes funny, when the va for Fuuji was like beta database, I was laughing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom