• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defuser

Tamako Market ep 9
Oh my, best episode so far. Half dedication to anko and half dedicated to Anko's dad is bitter sweet. I didn't know Keiji Fujiwura can sing!

KyoAni finally has a full staff page up for the swimming boys CM.

http://www.kyotoanimation.co.jp/company/cm/swimming/

Director / Storyboarding: Hiroko Utsumi (Animation Do)
Animation Director: Futoshi Nishiya
Key Animators: Fumio Tada, Taiichi Ishidate, Nao Naitou, Eisaku Kawanami (Animation Do), Tatsuya Satou (Animation Do)

DTL's AOTY already!

zeroshiki

From the "I don't know what the..." files,

Actual idol, Nakaya Sayaka of AKB48 graduated/quit yesterday because she wanted to pursue her dream of becoming a seiyuu. She plays the character Orine Aida in AKB0048. She quit AKB48 and her management agency so she could apply to one of those seiyuu schools to eventually become an anime seiyuu.

Now what I don't get is that don't most seiyuu want to eventually be idols (cf Hirano Aya)? Now she's quit the most popular idol group in history to err... try to be something that's below an idol apparently. Oh well.

(She's not really a popular member though so I guess that's 90% of the explanation)

EDIT: old news, I guess.

Articalys

Actual idol, Nakaya Sayaka of AKB48 graduated/quit yesterday because she wanted to pursue her dream of becoming a seiyuu. She plays the character Orine Aida in AKB0048. She quit AKB48 and her management agency so she could apply to one of those seiyuu schools to eventually become an anime seiyuu.

Now what I don't get is that don't most seiyuu want to eventually be idols (cf Hirano Aya)? Now she's quit the most popular idol group in history to err... try to be something that's below an idol apparently. Oh well.

(She's not really a popular member though so I guess that's 90% of the explanation)
Didn't we both discuss this before?

Anyway, I think I remember reading that one reason for the rapid graduation was because there was an audition she really wanted to go to that was the same day as one of the concerts, and she wouldn't be allowed to go to it if she was still signed with AKB and her agency, or something. Dunno if that's accurate though.

zeroshiki

Didn't we both discuss this before?

Anyway, I think I remember reading that one reason for the rapid graduation was because there was an audition the same day as one of the concerts, and she wouldn't be allowed to go to it if she was still signed with AKB and her agency, or something. Dunno if that's accurate though.

Hmm... apparently I did. Yesterday was her "graduation" though so it showed up on Yahoo News and I decided to post about it here. I forgot I already did this a couple days ago.

That's the reason she gave during her announcement but it had nothing to do with the concert. It was that she couldn't take part in the audition while still a member and still under her agency. So she quit both.

Defuser

EDIT: old news, I guess.
The seiyuu industry is kinda tough with all the good roles taken by the veteran/popular seiyuus but then again she manage to become a idol maybe this would be easy for her.

I noticed that there's a few people in here discussing Haitai Nanafa. You'll be delighted to know it's getting a second season starting this April.

I look forward to watching all its prettiness.

Line Offline Salaryman 24

ugudVO6.jpg

A cat, a bear and some salmon.

zeroshiki

The seiyuu industry is kinda tough with all the good roles taken by the veteran/popular seiyuus but then again she manage to become a idol maybe this would be easy for her.

From what I've read, since anime otaku are pretty crazy and alot of them hate AKB48, she'll have a really hard time breaking through. There's the "not from here" mentality that otakus have and they won't like the fact that she didn't start as a no name seiyuu.

Shergal

Baseless wishful thinking more than anything.
But there's also Ishidate working very little on Tamako Market, speculation has him helming the next Kyoani thing, although it is more likely that it will be something with Kadokawa rather than adapting their own LNs again.

Saint Seiya Omega 47

Who in the world is penning this anime? I demand an apology now. Unbelievable.
How do you play the best song on the ost, pumping me up for Koga miraculous accessing his Light Cosmo to escape gravity and delivering a fantastic attack against Pisces, only to be stopped 20 seconds before episode end by an unfair attack, that was cruel. Hopefully Eden gets up and saves him or something

Are they just gonna roll into the next season? Seems odd to enter a new land at episode 47...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Tamako Market 9
LMvnSCDl.jpg

Hnnnnng.

This was such a great episode. Dat
Bro-On!
and dat
:firehawk
in particular. If the theme of the show is communication and human connection, you can slowly start to see the arc coming to a close now.

I feel like this show might end up being a bomb, since it doesn't have any nerd appeal, and maybe I'll eat my words later on when I say this, but it is probably the best thing KyoAni has ever done. I hope it does well if only because I want them to branch out and tell their own stories rather than serve as glorified marketers for manga and light novel properties.

Also, Yamada x Yoshida is the director/writer best combo. Well... maybe
SatoJun x Yoshida
is up there too. lol

Gintama 28

WAKAMOTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Definitely the best episode yet.

Wakamoto makes everything better ...

----------
Tamako market 09
Tamako%20Market%20-%2009.jpg

Why so serious ?

This was a mochi focused episode with a father character devellopment i wasn't expecting since they hinted the song since ep 1. And a delicious anko living the elementary school dream and partings that comes with it .

Overall the episode was great

Shergal

Chuu2 had a boob mole, now that I think about it. Man that show was really forgettable, I wonder what the hell happened.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I'm beginning to think that it was a bad idea to speak with authority on this subject when Girlock Holmes, Chooney, and Tamako are the only three KyoAni shows I've ever watched more than an episode of.

Pooya

Tamako Market - 9

that was such a great episode, I feel so happy after watching, lol.

Tamako's dad is awesome. There isn't any boring moment and the cast are just so likeable and work well together that it's very entertaining throughout.

It's pretty clear that the 'main plot' or whatever it was doesn't matter at all now with 3 episodes left and next episode doesn't seem related either, and I have no complaints about that :D

Mature

Chuu2 had a boob mole, now that I think about it. Man that show was really forgettable, I wonder what the hell happened.
I dunno, are light novels generally not too... great? That's sort of the feeling I get from the anime adaptations.

The obvious exception being Ben-To.

Shergal

I dunno, are light novels generally not too... great? That's sort of the feeling I get from the anime adaptations.

The obvious exception being Ben-To.

Yes, it's generally what happens with LN adaptations. But Hyouka was a LN too (at least initially IIRC) and that turned out great!

Magi 21
tumblr_mj958ibvIf1rsb5yro2_250.gif
tumblr_mj958ibvIf1rsb5yro3_250.gif
tumblr_mj958ibvIf1rsb5yro4_250.gif

Wow the dungeon was actually much better than I expected and so adventurous. I kind of wish real life dungeon games scaled their difficult to match the players skills, perhaps mystery dungeon pkmn could adopt that or the other games on the market. Otherwise, Ren Hakuryu continues to really impression and at times is one of the most memorable distressed dudes, thankfully for Alibaba.

So excited
for Judar to make a glorious appearance

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Have we ever broached the subject of what, specifically, designates a work as a Light Novel as opposed to simply being a novel? I was always under the assumption that it wasn't necessarily analogous with the concept of "young adult fiction" in western countries but that LNs are known primarily for their use of supplemental illustrations and heavy reliance on weeb tropes and character archetypes. Anime in book form, essentially.

zeroshiki

Light Novels certainly seem to be fairly dismal in the overall view of the medium, even moreso than anime.

Making an LN is a relatively easier way to deliver pandering to a receptive audience compared to doing manga.

Its come full circle. Alot of really old manga magazines used to serialize novels before shifting to manga since they sold better. Now they've realized they can pander just as much in text form as in picture form.

Have we ever broached the subject of what, specifically, designates a work as a Light Novel as opposed to simply being a novel? I was always under the assumption that it wasn't necessarily analogous with the concept of "young adult fiction" in western countries but that LNs are known primarily for their use of supplemental illustrations and heavy reliance on weeb tropes and character archetypes. Anime in book form, essentially.

For one thing, there are LN imprints :p So that makes them easier to distinguish.

Your description is a good starting point though.

yami4ct

Light Novels certainly seem to be fairly dismal in the overall view of the medium, even moreso than anime.

It's true. There are very few shows based on Light Novels I've actually enjoyed. I really didn't care for SAO, Accel World or Durarara and I've been slightly disappointed in gundam unicorn. One of the few light novel based shows I've actually enjoyed is Hyouka.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom