• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazzy

The people voted with their cash. Democracy has spoken. You guys commies or sumthing?

Democracy has failed.

tumblr_m7v41mcC4M1qj2qhwo1_500.gif

Novid

Banned
And history has proved that popular opinion is infallible...

yes, and when we got all this shit we like to call human's being human... and nothing changes for the better, and only new shit that cant be solved comes up - then you wonder if most popular opinions are just that and the reality is more dark than one can imagine.

cajunator

Banned
CG is ok in the right hands, but there's a certain distance to it, even when there is obviously a lot of passion put into it like Pixar does. It still feels a bit cold. I do not like this trend.

Shergal

CG is ok in the right hands, but there's a certain distance to it, even when there is obviously a lot of passion put into it like Pixar does. It still feels a bit cold. I do not like this trend.

It's ok, we can be elitist and spiteful in our little Japanese 2D cave. As long as it lasts :(

Novid

Banned
And before anybody says "the market has spoken" - That's BULLSHIT,

The US Government has controlled non theatrical animation for YEARS, from the prevention of selling advertisements to kids and so on from the 1960's Onward. That's not a fucking free market you dolts.

Before you go and say, wait - what about CN and Nick and all that - dudes, the FCC doesn't (YET) control Cable the same way with the OTA's. The advertisers are the broadcasting and standards over there. That a market, but a much weaker one.

Where we have blood-C movie? Most of the CGI is VFX, not pure CG. and because Japan doesn't have any good VFX folk, its fucking horrible. Don't confuse CGI with VFX.

Articalys

Psycho-Pass 20

I didn't really have an issue with the talking this week. The whole ending sequence did a great job building up suspense for the finale -- such a good job, in fact, you'd think there's only one episode left instead of two. Can't wait to see what they've got up their sleeve.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to

Black★Rock Shooter had good CG...

*cries*

Chronoexe

Heartcatch Precure 01

This feels quite different from Futari Wa Precure. Stylistically I'm not sure if I like it that much, although the facial expressions are quite a lot of fun. Reminds me of Princess Tutu sort of. The girls in their normal state look alright but are very much improved as Precures.
Musically I like it very much, and the transformation music is definitely my second favorite (after Suite). Tsubomi is adorably shy and Erika is brash and loud, so I guess I personally empathize with her the most, at least so far. I'm not quite sure how I feel about the Desertrians yet, uttering all those negative feeling things. It gives off a weird vibe. The perfume transformation device is pretty funny. This show is not bashful about marketing to girls at all whatsoever. Mascot wise, Coffret/Chypre>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mepple/Mipple. By a good god damned country mile.

Coffret/Chypre best Fairies.

Now I'm interested in princess tutu.

Articalys

Anyway, for those people in time zones who are just checking this thread for the first time today and haven't read up on the last few pages yet, a repost of something I started earlier:

This is something I wanted to try for a while, and I don't know how it will work out, but here goes.

I thought it might be neat to take a sort of "State of the AnimeGAF" survey of sorts, anonymously, just to get some data on what kinds of people are posting here and what they think of the thread; it's mostly statistical questions with a couple open-answer things. Shouldn't take more than a minute or two.

I've put the link in email tags in this post (sorry lurkers), so just quote it to see. Hopefully there will be a semi-decent response so there's something to discuss afterwards. I'll probably repost the link a few more times later today one more time a bit later to make sure all time zones have a chance to see it, then check up on the results in a few days.
Survey link is just below this line if you quote this post.

Jex

Anyway, for those people in time zones who are just checking this thread for the first time today and haven't read up on the last few pages yet, a repost of something I started earlier:

Survey link is just below this line if you quote this post.

Didn't realise you could hide stuff like that. You live and learn, kind of.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Heartcatch Precure 01

This feels quite different from Futari Wa Precure. Stylistically I'm not sure if I like it that much, although the facial expressions are quite a lot of fun. Reminds me of Princess Tutu sort of. The girls in their normal state look alright but are very much improved as Precures.
Musically I like it very much, and the transformation music is definitely my second favorite (after Suite). Tsubomi is adorably shy and Erika is brash and loud, so I guess I personally empathize with her the most, at least so far. I'm not quite sure how I feel about the Desertrians yet, uttering all those negative feeling things. It gives off a weird vibe. The perfume transformation device is pretty funny. This show is not bashful about marketing to girls at all whatsoever. Mascot wise, Coffret/Chypre>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mepple/Mipple. By a good god damned country mile.
Heartcatch has the best fairies, indeed.
Coffret/Chypre best Fairies.

Now I'm interested in princess tutu.
Watch it; it's a great show.

Jex

Oh yes, thank you for setting up a survey. Feedback is always helpful, although the question, of course it what you do with it. Beyond feeding back the feedback, of course.

CorvoSol

GTO 11

Awww, even though Tomoko didn't win the beauty pageant, she was a winner in all their hearts because of her moving answering machine message. Onizuka flashes us in the end of the episode and the Vice Principal gets Lemonade up his nose.

BluWacky

Does anyone know how this stunt is called, IRL?
edit: I mean, the exact thing he does there, not just a frontflip.

I think it's a loser flip, although I know nothing about b-boying so this is just 10-20 minutes of Googling to try and work it out.

You can see a tutorial here, although he doesn't do such an exaggerated kick at the beginning - the actual animation looks like it's modelled off the move that this guy opens his set with.

also I now have an incredible need to learn to breakdance

Kurita

GTO 11

Awww, even though Tomoko didn't win the beauty pageant, she was a winner in all their hearts because of her moving answering machine message. Onizuka flashes us in the end of the episode and the Vice Principal gets Lemonade up his nose.
Tomoko was pretty touching during the beauty pageant.

Syrinx

Futari wa Pretty Cure 11

Ryota you dumbass. Stay behind the fucking podium thing like your sister said. Though you're kind of a little shit, so I wouldn't be all that sad if you got butchered. Oh well, at least your dad instructed Nagisa as to how to beat you up effectively.

Next villain won't be as cool as Uga, huh?

Shergal

Trigger will save 2D animation. LWA and Untitled Imaishi TV Series are just the beginning!

They've already saved windows movie maker with Inferno Cop, after all!

I think it's a loser flip, although I know nothing about b-boying so this is just 10-20 minutes of Googling to try and work it out.

You can see a tutorial here, although he doesn't do such an exaggerated kick at the beginning - the actual animation looks like it's modelled off the move that this guy opens his set with.

also I now have an incredible need to learn to breakdance

Hey thanks. I was trying to see how real people do it since the animation seems like he doesn't have near enough momentum to pull it off, but seems like it's actually accurate.
Also yeah, breakdance seems like the best thing ever. Until you try and see how hard it is :(

cajunator

Banned
Futari wa Pretty Cure 11

Ryota you dumbass. Stay behind the fucking podium thing like your sister said. Though you're kind of a little shit, so I wouldn't be all that sad if you got butchered. Oh well, at least your dad instructed Nagisa as to how to beat you up effectively.

Next villain won't be as cool as Uga, huh?

The first three villains kind of suck. Well the girl is alright. She can actually accomplish things. Oh also theres Kiriya. I like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom