• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurita

iiV7wGDUvo6fQ.gif

Theonik

Syrinx

Futari wa Pretty Cure 13

Poisonna's (okay, first, what kind of fucking name is that?) brother poses as a new student. He looks like the seediest dude in the world, and yet the girls all fall for him. I love how he struck out with Honoka though.

How are Nagisa and Honoka not dead yet? Dear God, the enemy knows their identity. How have they not defeated them yet? Enough scheming bullshit, just fucking overpower them already. And don't allow them to use Marble Screw, seeing as how that never seems to fail.

cajunator

Banned
Futari wa Pretty Cure 13

Poisonna's (okay, first, what kind of fucking name is that?) brother poses as a new student. He looks like the seediest dude in the world, and yet the girls all fall for him. I love how he struck out with Honoka though.

How are Nagisa and Honoka not dead yet? Dear God, the enemy knows their identity. How have they not defeated them yet? Enough scheming bullshit, just fucking overpower them already. And don't allow them to use Marble Screw, seeing as how that never seems to fail.

Its "Poisony"

But anyway you are in for a few surprises.

jgminto

Robotics;Notes 20
Aki made me hate robots. I hate all robots now because of her. Robots suck. Frau moments were cool. This show's got some great supporting characters, but as long as the story relates to Aki I don't care.

CorvoSol

Gao Gai Gar 15

AWW YEAH THE WHOLE TEAM PULLED TOGETHER TO FORM GAO GAI GAR. Kinda a shame that Big Volfogg couldn't take him on, though. I guess it's to be expected, since the Zonder was formed of Gao Gai Gar parts. But he didn't have the most important part of all: A TRUE HERO'S HEART.

Oh, and Josef the dog is awesome.

Yugi wasn't cheating yo, he was a good duelist.

Every other protag was a good duelist in their own right. This is why this show is so infuriating to watch when the damn protag is a terrible duelist and doesn't even try to get better.

And no one has actually made up a new card in the middle of a duel to win.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Yugi is the biggest cheater of them all!

I'd really be interested to know how the ZeXal kid beats secretly swapping your soul out with the soul of the best duelist in the history of mankind.

This is why more people should have given 5D's a chance in spite of the premise. The protag utilizes no magical bullshit, just pure dueling skillz so good that they overcome everybody else's magical bullshit.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
ITT: people who don't understand the heart of the cards

Look you can either believe Yugi is the luckiest bastard in the entire world or he was illegally stacking his deck like he was David Williams illegally marking and stacking Accumulated Knowledge at Worlds a decade ago.

7Th

I'd really be interested to know how the ZeXal kid beats secretly swapping your soul out with the soul of the best duelist in the history of mankind.

This is why more people should have given 5D's a chance in spite of the premise. The protag utilizes no magical bullshit, just pure dueling skillz so good that they overcome everybody else's magical bullshit.

The ZeXal kid gets help from ALIENS and can create new cards out of thin air.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I really wish that I could get other people to watch Yu-Gi-Oh: Season 0 (the 1999 Toei version) because it is absolutely one of the most consistently, intensely insane things I've ever watched. I mean, I think I wrote a ten paragraph essay post on the series and still couldn't even scratch the surface of just how monumentally fucking bonkers the plot is. Best part is that only a few episodes deal with the Duel Monsters card game.

plz somebody watch, I need validation

Dude. Motorbikes. Seriously.

You get over it in like two episodes.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
The ZeXal kid gets help from ALIENS and can create new cards out of thin air.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Time to bury this franchise for good unless the next one is a spinoff of 5D's starring Izayoi Aki.

Kurita

I really wish that I could get other people to watch Yu-Gi-Oh: Season 0 (the 1999 Toei version) because it is absolutely one of the most consistently, intensely insane things I've ever watched. I mean, I think I wrote a ten paragraph essay post on the series and still couldn't even scratch the surface of just how monumentally fucking bonkers the plot is. Best part is that only a few episodes deal with the Duel Monsters card game.

plz somebody watch, I need validation

I didn't watch the animated version but the first volumes of the manga were ridiculously amazing. Yami Yugi just didn't give a shit about other people.
YGO is one of my favourite mangas anyway... That's how I became addicted to mangas.

jgminto

Dude. Motorbikes. Seriously.

Huh, no, it's a pretty good shounen.

I haven't watched it regularly since I was young. I thought I caught some episodes on the morning kids block recently, but it might have been Beyblade. And I know that's shit.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I didn't watch the animated version but the first volumes of the manga were ridiculously amazing. Yami Yugi just didn't give a shit about other people.

The
brutally ironic punishments for losing the Yami no Game
are one of the best things about the series. Some are truly horrifying.

CorvoSol

Don't they just make up the rules to the game as they go anyway in Yugioh?

GTO 12

Ooooh man this guy is a creeeeeeeper. Like, the creepiest creeper to ever creep. Freakin' pictures of Ms. Fuyutsuki all over his apartment and a string for her to pull to reveal them all. CREEPER.

And of course because Onizuka tangles with him, he's gonna make trouble for him. It's amazing how, in spite of having been a thug and continuing to be a pervert, Onizuka really is like, one of the sanest, nicest people at his school.

Kurita

The
brutally ironic punishments for losing the Yami no Game
are one of the best things about the series. Some are truly horrifying.

I remember the one with the prisonner catching fire.

Don't they just make up the rules to the game as they go anyway in Yugioh?
Well, when the cards were first introduced in the manga, the official TGC didn't exist so the author didn't have a real set of rules.
So you had tactics that didn't involve stats like Attack/Defense... the duels felt more like "real" battles as stats didn't always matter. Then the Battle City arc used the real rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom