• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
It's CONFIRMED. Brand new staff for the new season of Saint Seiya Omega. Loli villain. New character designs and cloth designs.

http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/seiya/...dex.html#chara

Series Director: Tatsuya Nagamine
Character Design: Keiichi Ichikawa
Series Composition: Yoshimi Narita

bsxD4Pv.jpg
oh my god lmao @ at the new saint's armor

Chihayafuru 2 9:
It was nice to get an Arata focus, although I was kind of annoyed by how frequently those two scenes were flashed back to. Yes, I can remember 15 minutes ago, thank you. It was still a fun episode, and it's nice to see things from Arata's perspective and
see him getting the brief experience of playing with a team

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Chihayafuru 9
DJet23jl.jpg

Dat Queen and her
derpy shocked face. lol

It's funny, because I read up to this point when season 1 was airing and it even though I only understood a small percentage of what was going on, seeing it happen in the series was as nice a change of pace as it was in the manga.
At the very least it introduces a new complication to the tournament, especially since the mangaka is probably running out of ideas for wacky teams that Chihaya can face up against. lol

I'm really waiting for the other shoe to drop though. They're doing a
Saki Side-A on these smaller games, but that only means that a 10 episode 1 game arc has to be coming sooner rather than later. :p
But hey, I should be happy for having two good episodes in a row at least. lol

Like last week though, the ending made for a nice gag, but it also doesn't make any sense when you think about the continuity/logic of the scene. In fact, you can also feel the manga-pacing in the middle of the episode when
Arata acts all shocked that he somehow is in the middle of the team tournament for Fukui-West
. It might work if this was a comedy anime, but it just feels so out of place in a sports-drama anime and probably should have been better constructed or omitted entirely.

They also pulled out the old version of the "main theme" from the first season during the latter half of the episode and it was nice to hear it again. But that's probably just me. lol

Metrotab

Banned
OreImo (rewatch) - 12 (the Kirino one)

Watched this for completion's sake. This one's much more final-y in its feel, but ofcourse doesn't follow the canon storyline.

Syrinx

Revolutionary Girl Utena 30

Wait, Utena not only plays basketball against the boys, but she dunks too? How much cooler can she get?

Oh man, this is gonna get ugly.

Here's a a gathering of all of the relationships going on here.

Akio
-Has a fiancee
-Makes out with Utena
-Fucks his sister
-Fucks his fiancee's mom.

Utena
-In love with Akio now
-In love with prince
-Tortured and conflicted

Anthy
-In love with prince of her own; probably Utena (they've grown close, Utena's the only one she has real conversations with, they hold hands while in bed, and she sure was taking advantage of Utena's injury)
-Fucks her brother (though based on Utena 25 he might be raping her, but they haven't given much on that front since. Though it probably constitutes as rape anyway, given the age difference).

Touga
-In love with Utena (or so he claims).

Ho man, no way shit doesn't hit the fan with all this going on.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus

Wait, Utena not only plays basketball against the boys, but she dunks too? How much cooler can she get?

Akio
-Has a fiancee
-Makes out with Utena
-Fucks his sister

Utena
-In love with Akio now
-In love with prince
-Tortured and conflicted

Anthy
-In love with prince of her own; probably Utena (they've grown close, Utena's the only one she has real conversations with, they hold hands while in bed, and she sure was taking advantage of Utena's injury)
-Fucks her brother (though based on Utena 25 he might be raping her, but they haven't given much on that front since. Though it probably constitutes as rape anyway, given the age difference).

Touga

Ohohohohoho

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
It is advised. Like when going on long road trips. Of course you have to fap while driving if you want to be on time.

I'm not going to draw a comic of this...

Yes you are.

So yeah, went ahead and drew it. Probably NSFW but it's not THAT bad. I'm just playin' it safe. Took about an hour.

And yes I totally stole Kintaro's design from Golden Boy. Somehow that's how I've always imagined Extollere to look anyway.. ^^;

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

Akio
-Has a fiancee
-Makes out with Utena
-Fucks his sister

Utena
-In love with Akio now
-In love with prince
-Tortured and conflicted

Anthy

Touga

Welp. *brings up lawn chair*

Metrotab

Banned
Tamako Market - 9

This was a ridiculously cute episode. We don't actually know a lot about the mother, I just realized.

Kanna remains the highlight of the comedic parts.

Accel World EX 02: Vacation
tumblr_mjdcpbKVcv1qbxqfpo1_500.png

First one was much better but this had a few moments, I guess. I too would want a slimmed down Haru especially with Satoru Asahina's/Variation's voice. Kind of unfair episode, as they kept Taku clothed in all scenes even in the pool, why have him in a jacket yet all the other characters barely with nothing.

Who was the random girl that kept getting screentime but no speaking lines?

Pooya

Shinsekai yori - 23

I thought quality was stabilized somewhat in this arc but looks like we had another nosedive... :( some weird inconsistent faces in this episode.

massive spoilers ahead

lol Saki taking a bath in this situation

shit Inui!! that was a cheap death :((((

Saki remembered, I guess that wasn't for nothing. next episode shit will hit the fan for good it seems.

gas masked rats??!!! http://www.abload.de/img/aa2qafk.jpg

Syrinx

Revolutionary Girl Utena 31

Dear God, how many fuck buddies does Touga have? Man Utena deserves better than this dillhole.

So Nanami discovers that she and Touga aren't really brothers. This disturbs her greatly and she runs away from home, eventually ending up at Akio's house. She seems to develop a crush on him along the way, but then she catches him fucking Anthy. Soooo...now not only does Anthy have this new guy she likes, but she has the same sort of relationship with her brother that she so desperately wants (a.k.a. one where they get naked and share their naughty bits).

I reiterate: this is gonna get ugly.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Revolutionary Girl Utena 31

Dear God, how many fuck buddies does Touga have? Man Utena deserves better than this dillhole.

So Nanami discovers that she and Touga aren't really brothers. This disturbs her greatly and she runs away from home, eventually ending up at Akio's house. She seems to develop a crush on him along the way, but then she catches him fucking Anthy. Soooo...now not only does Anthy have this new guy she likes, but she has the same sort of relationship with her brother that she so desperately wants (a.k.a. one where they get naked and share their naughty bits).

I reiterate: this is gonna get ugly.
Promise me you will get to episode 33 tonight.
I'll put $5 toward your Sunshine if everyone else does!
I rather you guys spend that money on reviving Mitsuo Iso's career.
you got the bug.
Its pretty much my fault.
Its fun though isnt it?
I hate yooooooooou!

cajunator

Banned
Tamako Market - 9

This was a ridiculously cute episode. We don't actually know a lot about the mother, I just realized.

Kanna remains the highlight of the comedic parts.

If I ever see a picture of Choi with cat ears I might die.
If I dont see such a picture I shall create it.

Defuser

Chihayafuru 2 ep 9

Hell yeah! Arata focus episode!

"An Arata with no glasses is no Arata"

Does that mean the glasses is Arata?[/gintama]

Syrinx

Revolutionary Girl Utena 32

Do I actually feel...sympathy for Nanami? Or is it just more disdain for her brother?

Nanami's trying to figure out what to do with herself now, what she wants, where she belongs, etc. She ends up going to see End of the World with Touga, who tries to sex her up along the way, but Nanami says no. Then she challenges Utena to a duel, and loses, and she's still stuck with these questions. Above all, she doesn't want to be just another in the swarm around her brother, which is what she had become. Though she sure loved torturing herself listening to all those girls call, begging for him.

I might be done for tonight. Maybe I'll read Sailor Moon or watch hockey or something.

Nafe

For a season that's supposedly really terrible with nothing to talk about you guys sure do still post a lot, haha...

I've gotten up to the whole Yu-Gi-Oh! conversation a few pages pack and, this is sort of a broad question I know but how does something like a Yu-Gi-Oh! tournament work in reality anyway?

Trading Card Games sort of come across as the first "Pay to Win" type of game in that someone could have a much easier time or chance of winning simply because they spent more money getting the better/more powerful cards than someone else.

Revolutionary Girl Utena 32

Do I actually feel...sympathy for Nanami? Or is it just more disdain for her brother?

Nanami's trying to figure out what to do with herself now, what she wants, where she belongs, etc. She ends up going to see End of the World with Touga, who tries to sex her up along the way, but Nanami says no. Then she challenges Utena to a duel, and loses, and she's still stuck with these questions. Above all, she doesn't want to be just another in the swarm around her brother, which is what she had become. Though she sure loved torturing herself listening to all those girls call, begging for him.

I might be done for tonight. Maybe I'll read Sailor Moon or watch hockey or something.

WHAT THE HELL MAN?

ARE YOU PLAYING WITH ME?

Articalys

One more quick repost of the AnimeGAF survey link (quote to see) for anyone who might have missed it earlier, then I'll get to work analyzing the results over the weekend.

For a season that's supposedly really terrible with nothing to talk about you guys sure do still post a lot, haha...

I've gotten up to the whole Yu-Gi-Oh! conversation a few pages pack and, this is sort of a broad question I know but how does something like a Yu-Gi-Oh! tournament work in reality anyway?

Trading Card Games sort of come across as the first "Pay to Win" type of game in that someone could have a much easier time or chance of winning simply because they spent more money getting the better/more powerful cards than someone else.

I think the only thing money would get someone is more access to cards, but still that doesnt mean they could necessarily have a well balanced deck or one that could well against the various other decks out there.

Eh, there's a lot of strategy and luck involved that extends beyond "buy more cards". Though yeah, having better cards does help. It all depends on your deck, whether you want to pursue a specific strategy or balance it out with multiple ones taking into account many situations. Some of them can be pretty deep.

Disclaimer: the only TGC I was big on in real life was the Pokemon one back in the day. I've only played a few video games of Yu-Gi-Oh and never the actual card game.

Mature

It's my understanding that legit Magic the Gathering players don't really buy much. They plot out their deck before buying anything, then basically spend some 60-70$ on booster packs and buy the individuals they need at $10 or so a pop. Then stick with that specific deck until a new generation. Cheaper than gaming, ultimately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom