• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

You know, I really like the thing in the third screen -- where a mecha's eyes gleam or whatever before they unleash a badass attack or pose -- even if it's a bit of a cliche.

Well it's a cool Gundam wannabe show, so it wouldn't be right without a cut like that!

Anyway, I sure as hell hope some of the CG stuff looks better in HD... because...

foEhSBT.jpg

Yeah.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
The iDOLM@STER 23

Poor Haruka. She's trying so hard. ;_; Also fuck off, Miki. God, could you be any worse? -_-

And now for the "Well, that was fucking stupid" part:

So Producer switched his weight with that of a girl who likely weighs less than half of what he does? Why not just fall backwards after he grabbed her?? This seems like a really contrived way to put him in the hospital. Why didn't they just have him collapse from exhaustion or something? He's been working himself super hard lately, so it'd have made sense. But I guess this way Haruka gets to be all emo for an episode or something.

Jex

Well it's a cool Gundam wannabe show, so it wouldn't be right without a cut like that!

Anyway, I sure as hell hope some of the CG stuff looks better in HD... because...

Yeah.

Would that really improve it? I remember you claiming that the CG in Rebuild looked better in the theatre but I don't see why we should believe your words!

Theonik

Tamako Market 09
iq7aYXyq4rDOG.png

Dera no baka! The comiket crowd is going to love this I fear D:
How very lewd! Blob for the blob gods. This show continues to impress. I would like to address Nafe's post here now having seen it.
I think the reason why Tamako's father reacted as he did was the Mochi day connection, the show did show us that they met on such a day before for that reason I guess and I think it was handled in a suitably melancholic manner or at least I enjoyed it and found its presentation pretty great and not really a plot-hole per say.

Perfect list.

Railgun is so good. Girls being girls only works when you have a cast that isn't boring and said girls get into some fights and beat the shit out of people. Also needs some more yuri and 0% Index.

I don't know about more yuri but if you want girls get into fights and beat the shit out if people , then railgun S2 will have you convered. A LOT.

Don't know if it was posted but Media Blaster will not release Squid Girl S2. They also no longer have the rights to Bakuman, Berserk and Rurouni Kenshin.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-longer-has-rights-to-bakuman-kenshin-berserk

So who will release squid girl S2 , then ?

Don't know if it was posted but Media Blaster will not release Squid Girl S2. They also no longer have the rights to Bakuman, Berserk and Rurouni Kenshin.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-longer-has-rights-to-bakuman-kenshin-berserk

I thought they said a long time ago that they didnt have bakuman anymore with rumors that viz had got it and that kenshin was gone a few weeks ago.

Only issue with Media Blasters still being around is I guess, whatever they pick up automatically wont get a blu ray release...hope none of the future shows Im interested in are chosen by them.

Jex

Gintama fans will love this :lol

Apparently when the Gintama movie got delayed from Spring to Summer, the production decided to continue the anime into the Spring season as well. They, however, got shot down by TV Tokyo because they had already allotted the timeslot to something else. As such, Gintama the anime will end this March.

A bad day gets worse.

Jex

Why does it seem like there are Vividred butts on every other page? It really has lost whatever novelty it had at this point.
Well, I don't really think it had any novelty to begin with. Fanservice shots are a staple of anime and from all appearances Vividred Operation doesn't really bring anything new to that particular field that the director hadn't already done in Strike Wtiches. It just makes me weary about opening this thread which, frankly, is nothing new.

If we're going to post fanservice shots at least post something original and fresh! From what I gather there isn't much to say about the series because the only thing I see attached to episode reviews are pictures of behinds rather than text.

BluWacky

Aquarion Evol

I have no idea why I am watching this but it is the best worst thing ever.

Em9KOco.png

Did you watch the original Aquarion? It was also the best worst thing ever.

I should give Evol another go. I didn't like the first ep, but I really enjoyed the original Aquarion so...

Jex

Psycho-Pass ep 20

TALK TALK TALK TALK TALK TALK TALK TALk TALK TALK TALK TALK TALK TALK TALK TALk TALK TALK TALK TALK TALK TALK TALK TALkTALK TALK TALK TALK TALK TALK TALK TALk TALK TALK TALK TALK TALK TALK TALK TALk TALK TALK TALK TALK TALK TALK TALK TALkTALK TALK TALK TALK TALK TALK TALK TALk TALK TALK TALK TALK TALK TALK TALK TALk TALK TALK TALK TALK TALK TALK TALK TALk TALK TALK TALK TALK TALK TALK TALK TALk.

At least now Akane is becoming more Kogami which is a good thing. With only 2 more episodes how are they gonna wrap up Shougo and the Sibyl System?

Well, I'm glad I re-dropped the series after I picked it up again.

I should have trusted my earlier instincts and let sleeping dogs lie.

BluWacky

Is it just me or the all visuals I've seen so far is very inconsistent? One image portray them like a blob then this image show differently? Or am I confusing it for some other mech show....

You're mixing it up with Majestic Prince, where the characters seem to go SD occasionally.

Tamanon

Banned

I'm still pissed that Bakuman came out here for one DVD set only. It was finally another anime my girlfriend was also interested in watching. Thus far, I've only captured her attention with Death Note(she liked the mystery) and Persona 4(she loved the character interactions and humor).

Caught up on the thread a little.
When you said you liked Enders Game for its shounenness I had to think of The Name of the Wind.
Not sure if you have already tried it, as it gets recommended a lot.
It isn't very fast paced/action packed, but it is really very shounenish.
The parents of the maincharacter get killed by some evil ancient... ghosts (?) and he has to struggle on his own to survive and to unravel the mystery about the death of his parents, he swore to avenge.
Luckily, he is also a genius.

It is a pretty fun read.

Cool, I shall look into it.

That's okay as long as he uses the "Who Quoted Me" feature.

It only works like half of the time for me.

Fairy Tail 172
tumblr_mjdk88o3sL1qczibyo2_500.gif

Bagoon! indeed, fun episode. I liked the whole tension and such at the start just entertaining the thought of some brawl between all of Fairy Tail and Sabertooth was really thought provoking for a what if scenario. Sting and Natsu moving to throw down, if only Erza hadnt stepped in.

Ichiya fight was fun looking forward to Lyon.

I left fired up for next week, been looking forward to the fight for months, hopefully all of episode 174 is dedicated to it.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Yeah, I thought Futari wa was (mostly) solid. Max Heart guts it of all of its charm and personality, drops everyone's IQ 30 points, doubles down on the mascot and Garden of Light bullshit from the first season, and introduces a rigid episode formula that integrates the generic villains into each episode in the laziest way imaginable. I'm only watching it for the sake of personal knowledge, otherwise it's some truly putrid shit.

I might start this up today when I get home. If only to move forward to Splash Star.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Don't do it, man. It's really, really, really not worth it. I'm fine with you reaching the Splash Star promised land before me.

If I did that I'd feel like I was cheating haha. We should set up a time where we can watch Splash Star together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom