• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Accel World EX 2

Fasting is not how you lose weight!

And hey, was that
human Ash Roller?

R_thanatos said

Since this is season 2 stuff spoiler , i'll spoiler the answer to your question.
Don't read it's Accel world S2 spoiler ( that is if another season get annonced one day )

The girl is actually ash roller IRL identity. It's complicated stuff but let's just say that she (real person) is a girl (shy personality) and the Player is a boy (ongoing and vulgar personality) the reason for this is know ( at the time of the oav , only sky raker knows about it ) and will be revealed in S2

Syrinx

Revolutionary Girl Utena 38

The castle isn't real, the dueling arena was Akio's observatory the whole time, Anthy stabbed Utena at the end of the episode, I don't know what's goin' on right now but I don't have time to talk about it time to finish this sucker.

Lain

From The New World 23

Inui
went down like a boss
. It seems I wasn't wrong on being suspicious of
Kinoumaru
, at least going by what Inui said and the preview.
Is the next episode also the last one?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Something I just noticed while watching episode 26 of Utena: Anthy's glasses disappear for a moment when she's
pulling the sword out of Utena's chest
. Continuity error or deliberate? I'm leaning towards the latter, seeing how that is the kind of stick footage that Ikuhara's would pay close attention to.
Revolutionary Girl Utena 38

The castle isn't real, the dueling arena was Akio's observatory the whole time, Anthy stabbed Utena at the end of the episode, I don't know what's goin' on right now but I don't have time to talk about it time to finish this sucker.
Yesssssss

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I guess the point I was trying to make was against the people composing the quiz more than the shows themselves because you can clearly draw a pattern from some of those shows and identify them. As for generic shows, that is levied more towards shows I guessed but had no recollection of whatsoever let alone of their OPs.
I also suspect that whoever made this used the MAL top anime list to get some of these too.
I suppose my original comment came off a bit nastier than I intended.

Ah, when you put it that way, I understand. Not every clip was from the hook/refrain/most memorable part of its song, which could have been intentional (and, in fact, the test states that it stacks the most memorable OPs toward the beginning of the quiz to lure you into a false sense of security - I definitely got owned by that) or a mere consequence of the fact that not every OP is particularly memorable--normally this is where I'd throw certain genres of J-music under the bus for all sounding alike, but I only missed the OP for one show that I'd watched to completion and only a handful for which I'd seen any at all so I have no grounds to criticize what I'm not familiar with.

And nah, I didn't think you were being nasty at all, I just thought you were criticizing the choice of shows rather than the audio clips themselves.

Except the importance of cold weather on immune response is highly overrated if not erroneous entirely. While it is true that hypothermia injures immune response, the data on whether exposure to cold air does the same is conflicting at best. Additional factors to consider are human behavior during cold weather in temperate zones or wet seasons in tropical zones and the impact of air conditions on virus survivability and transmission.

Biology always was my worst subject in school.

X2OEJB5.jpg

I haven't finished listening to it all, but I just wanted to say I can't believe they have Divergence Eve in there.

They also completely misspelled it too. I got about 8 out of it all, and 3 of them I haven't even actually seen before. lol
There wasn't any K-ON! OPs in there either so this quiz sucks.

CorvoSol

Mobile Fighter G Gundam 14

Man, Gundam 00 WISHES it could write plot twists as emotional and stunning as this episode. Master Asia is the bad guy? WHO'DA THUNK? Holy cow, I wasn't expecting to be so into this show, but really, this is shaping up to be the coolest Gundam show ever. Granted it's somewhat unfair because it's also the most unorthodox Gundam show ever.

Syrinx

Revolutionary Girl Utena 39 - End

That was...emotionally exhausting, to say the very least. I think I'm gonna need some time to give anything more detailed than that. I just...wow. Sets up Adolescence well, though.

cajunator

Banned
kayos said something about having to take care of his brother and finding full time work.
I think they bought him a house though.
wish I got my own house :(

Oh man, I just got on the train home after wolf children and I just lost it at the end of the movie. I was crying my eyes out.
Spoilers:
I left my mom when I was that age, and she passed away last year. I appreciated how happy Hana was. It was really a happy ending but I still cried, heh.

I liked it a lot. I didn't get a signature but I got to say thanks, at least.

jbug617

Banned
Finished rewatching Papakiki. Glad they included the OVA on the DVD because the OVA had more Raika on it.

Next on the backlog will be Amagami SS. Amagami SS+ was suppose to come in the mail today but the Postman didn't bring it even though it says it was out for delivery. I hope my package isn't lost.

cajunator

Banned
Finished rewatching Papakiki. Glad they included the OVA on the DVD because the OVA had more Raika on it.

Next on the backlog will be Amagami SS. Amagami SS+ was suppose to come in the mail today but the Postman didn't bring it even though it says it was out for delivery. I hope my package isn't lost.

yeah Im kind of looking forward to this dvd.
it looks really cute.
I still have Kore wa zombie that I just started along with idolmaster xenoglossia.
my backlog is depressingly huge.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Oreimo 14-15

I can't believe Kyosuke flew to America just to bring that bitch back home. Is he crazy? I would have just eloped with Kuroneko and lived forever as a king, knowing that I chose the best route. Every morning and day I would pray that Kirino is on the other side of the planet...

jbug617

Banned
yeah Im kind of looking forward to this dvd.
it looks really cute.
I still have Kore wa zombie that I just started along with idolmaster xenoglossia.
my backlog is depressingly huge.

yeah my backlog is very big, I have so many left that still has the plastic on. I have DVDs and Blurays ordered for every month till June.

Theonik

Not now. Maybe later, or maybe I should watch Adolescence first before I ask. Just, not now.

I'm still recovering from my nauseousness from the ending sequence before the part when Anthy told Akio to fuck off.
Fair warning, it's a retelling of the events rather than a linear continuation of them and doesn't really follow the same linearity. It also amps the symbolism up to 11 so you may be very very confused, especially if you try and identify it based on the series you just watched.
Edit: It doesn't attempt to explain the events of the series either but may give you some more perspective on certain characters.

Dresden

Oreimo 14-15

I can't believe Kyosuke flew to America just to bring that bitch back home. Is he crazy? I would have just eloped with Kuroneko and lived forever as a king, knowing that I chose the best route. Every morning and day I would pray that Kirino is on the other side of the planet...

That would be the smart thing to do and as an LN protagonist, that's one thing he can't do.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Not now. Maybe later, or maybe I should watch Adolescence first before I ask. Just, not now.

I'm still recovering from my nauseousness from the ending sequence before the part when Anthy told Akio to fuck off.
Just be aware that Adolescence is stand-alone from the series, so that will hardly answer any questions you have on it.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Fair warning, it's a retelling of the events rather than a linear continuation of them and doesn't really follow the same linearity. It also amps the symbolism up to 11 so you may be very very confused, especially if you try and identify it based on the series you just watched.
I don't think it's a retelling as much as another story featuring the same characters and some of the core themes. It's certainly not trying to do a Rebuild of Evangelion.

Syrinx

Won't have the time to watch it til next weekend, so I guess it's good I'm not watching it directly after.

Retelling? That's disappointing I guess. Though that is a good ending for the series I suppose.

...i gotta go ly dow.

Theonik

I don't think it's a retro king as much as another story featuring the same characters and some of the core themes. It's certainly not trying to do a Rebuild of Evangelion.
Well yeah, it's not a retcon of sorts as it's meant to be independent from the series, but at the same time it's not an entirely different story with the same characters either. I guess an alternative universe version of the show would be accurate?

Oreimo 14-15

You have an odd way of spelling Manami

cajunator

Banned
Oreimo 14-15

well thats definitely the route I would go.
Its no secret that I am a Kuroneko fan.

CorvoSol

MSG0080:TWitP 3

The weird suburban tone of this show clashes quite a bit with the fact that two of its principal characters are pilots on opposite sides of the line. Still, the Bernie x Chris love story here is shaping up to be leaps and bounds ahead of the droll Shiro x Aina.

That can't be real.

max heart was made in a hurry because they didn't anticipate the first season sucess.
And they were pumping staff in the first movie as well when the terrible first 22 episodes were made.

So yeah the max heart season has some pacing, animation and story problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom