• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I know DigiKerot is going. And I think BGBW is planning too. I'll like for as many people who are able to go for it to do so, just so I have more people to actually talk to about the movie! I'm the only one who's seen it since last year. :(
I'm doing it all for you. x

It seems I've been called out for being an attention whore.

Alright, Vito, congratulations. I'll shut the fuck up about news reports forever from now on.

Unless I already read the news elsewhere or it just doesnt suit my interests than I think I dont skip your posts, I dont think the stuff you post is ignored, usually.

Anyway didnt realize people track the thread enough to post on twitter about it, I hope I havent said stuff that gives me an ungood reputation on other online places.

Steroyd

Unless I already read the news elsewhere or it just doesnt suit my interests than I think I dont skip your posts, I dont think the stuff you post is ignored, usually.

Anyway didnt realize people track the thread enough to post on twitter about it, I hope I havent said stuff that gives me an ungood reputation on other online places.

I'll be amazed if everyone in this thread didn't have at least one post that ended up on "Shit Otaku Say".

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Space Brothers 48

heqiAf7.jpg
Teaming up the UK with France. That's just asking for trouble. And here I though Mr. Bold was all about efficiency.

Also I'd be careful making my way to Amarillo. You might bump into a dodgy cigar smoking pedo and Mr Blobby.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
The iDOLM@STER Shiny Festa 3

Worst episode. Fuck this shit. Why did this have to be the last iM@S episode I had to watch?

=/

Though I should have expected an episode that focused on Miki to be awful.

/XX/

Its nice to see the nicer side of people but I'm pretty sure he was just being a total dick.
Maybe you are right, but I'm willing to bet on that not-so-actually-offending meaning because Vito precisely works very hard to compile and provide information as news for many, and knows well that situation Articalys affronts.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
But the Miki Shiny Festa was the best one.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/18780843/anime/imasovagroovy.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I'll at least admit that it had the best song out of the three. Maybe the best song of the entire series, even.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF9801S5xTI]Seriously, best song.[/url]

OceanBlue

Lol, just saw Cwarrior 's post in the Media Create thread. Poor guy is still on his journey to get banned.

Also Articalys, I agree with DTL. Everyone probably has people thinking poorly of them or their posts from time to time. It's best to pay it no attention.

(To be honest, I also thought the same that /XX/ did when I saw that on Twitter.)

Jarmel

Banned
[Shin Sekai Yori] 16-21
qxFs1.gif

Well damn. Damn.

Still though, the stupidity of the people who created this system is astounding. There is no failsafe whatsoever? Really? Really?

If the whole thing is a trap to rile up the crowd, then all the better to keep your mouth shut on the part of the double if she is so knowledgeable. Either way, someone acted like an idiot whether it's the Church or the double. This again is something she should have talked with someone first. Does she know whether the Winter country can withstand a full fledged invasion by the Church? Was that part of the Scholar's,and I was stating Scholar earlier to spare people from spoilers, plan? What would have happened if they had actually stoned her then? Of course this being anime, everything worked out in the end.
Staying silent was the initial premise , but as i said this wasn't the right solution.
Because it wasn't the right solution she spoke.

And actually she does know about winter country situation, as i said she was taught about economics, politics and stuff by the scholar herself so that she can take her place in emergencies and it worked ( except on the merchant guy).
if what bothers you is the fact that she acted by herself , yes it was reckless but for everything else it is not a dumb move at all.

The whole problem here ( since ep2 or 3 ) with her is that she seeks a way to think by herself and be "human" instead of being an "insect". Aka think by herself ..that's the whole point of her character and the whole point of this scene.
The fact that nobody is angry and that everyone praising her should tell you that it was in fact the solution they seeked.

ibm5wAgFlTQlM0.jpg

Why is this still showing?
Because people (like me) enjoy it ?

I started skipping through episodes about halfway, then just skipped to the end to get it all over with and it was still lame.
I feel the same way but i stated my opinion at the time those episodes were released and i met a rather defence force arguing with me that it was inferior but decent. ( not here )
I personally disagree but since then i let people make their own opinion about the 2nd part.

HxH 2011 70

i5O4egjXSyKjG.gif

i have the weirdest boner right now
Wonzo is Hisoka confirmed

Steroyd

Space Brothers - 48

eivKcZR.jpg

That uncontrollable urge to point out Amarillo every time. :|

Hunter x Hunter - 70

This dodgeball game has been a treat to watch. *breathes heavily*

Jojo - 20

As ever CG is the future blah blah blah, can't wait for next episode.

OceanBlue

Did this anime get any better? The first episode was pretty boring. MC with no balls. The only funny part was the detailed spider.
To be honest, I don't think it's that funny. Megumi is my reason for watching this show, but Mori and the imouto are great too.

Reknoc

Hunter x Hunter

Finally got around to starting the Greed Island arc. Glad they finally changed the OP but they're still using the same damn song god damn. Also it seems kinda spoilery.

sonicmj1

Shin Sekai Yori 23

As others have already pointed out, this episode is kind of uneven, but it really delivers at times. This set up some great pieces for the final stretch.

The editing is kind of weird, though. There are so many scenes where it feels like normally, we'd get a few seconds more at the beginning or end. Those transitions are just... missing. The part where they're running down the tunnel, or the transition to get to the shore, or Saki leaving the river all feel like pieces are missing. 5 and 6 did similar things, and I think it's something people also saw in the final episodes of Fate/Zero.

I found the final scene really satisfying, though, and the preview has me really interested in what will come next.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Okay then. Now that I'm done with everything iM@S related (save for Puchimas!), I guess it's finally ranking time!

Best tier
Ritsuko

Best if you don't count Ritsuko as an idol, in which case fuck you tier
Chihaya
Iori
Makoto

Best in spite of having the worst focus episode tier
Hibiki

Pretty good tier
Haruka
Azusa
Yayoi
Otonashi

Meh tier
Takane
Ami
Mami

Are you even IN this show tier
Yukiho

I wish you WEREN'T in this show tier
Miki

Jarmel

Banned
Stay silent was the initial premise , but as i said this wasn't the right solution.
Because it wasn't the right solution she spoke.

And actually she does know about winter country situation, as i said she was taught about economics, politics and stuff by the scholar herself so that she can take her place in emergencies and it worked ( except on the merchant guy).
if what bothers you is the fact that she acted by herself , yes it was reckless but every else is not a dumb move at all.

The whole problem here ( since ep2 or 3 ) with her is that she seeks a way to think by herself and be "human" instead of being an "insect". Aka think by herself ..that's the whole point of her character and the whole point of this scene.
The fact that nobody is angry and that everyone praising her should tell you that it was in fact the solution they seeked.

There's a difference between being taught economics and being taught war tactics on a macro level. Taking your own initiative is fine however there are times where coordination or cooperation is necessary. Hell, that's how she got to the position of maid in the first place. Are they prepared to go to war with one of the most powerful forces in that world, all along avoiding the demons as well? When King Henry started the Church of England, it was from a stance of strength and even that led to the English Civil War. It was extremely reckless and doesn't seem to be thought out properly.

DiGiKerot

Okay then. Now that I'm done with everything iM@S related (save for Puchimas!), I guess it's finally ranking time!

Best tier
Ritsuko

Word.

You know, it's not great or anything, but post-Xenoglossia, pre-A1, they did make an OAV to tie into the Live For You game for the 360. I'm kind of surprised I've not seen people watching and complaining about it in this post-TV show world.

cajunator

Banned
Lol, just saw Cwarrior 's post in the Media Create thread. Poor guy is still on his journey to get banned.

Also Articalys, I agree with DTL. Everyone probably has people thinking poorly of them or their posts from time to time. It's best to pay it no attention.

(To be honest, I also thought the same that /XX/ did when I saw that on Twitter.)

Cwarrior isn't doing a very effective job if he's trying to get banned.

There's a difference between being taught economics and being taught war tactics on a macro level.
Actually she did get that too.
Taking your own initiative is fine however there are times where coordination or cooperation is necessary. Hell, that's how she got to the position of maid in the first place. Are they prepared to go to war with one of the most powerful forces in that world, all along avoiding the demons as well? When King Henry started the Church of England, it was from a stance of strength and even that led to the English Civil War. It was extremely reckless and doesn't seem to be thought out properly.

You'll see by yourself how they handle this and you'll see that this was indeed the right choice regardless of your feeligns about another speech done in another medium in the rest of the episodes. At least i hope we see enough so they can adapt those properly.

Ps: i'm not denying that she was reckless ..she indeed was ..but the alternative had she not said anything was much worse

fertygo

Thank you guys for the .gif help, can make it smooth now.

As experiment I make this, sakuga cut from new jojo cut if I'm not mistaken Hironori Tanaka make it (warning 11mb .gif)

Too bad the episode still look ugly lol

duckroll

Thank you guys for the .gif help, can make it smooth now.

As experiment I make this, sakuga cut from new jojo cut if I'm not mistaken Hironori Tanaka make it (warning 11mb .gif)

Too bad the episode still look ugly lol

Not bad. 11meg seems a bit much for the length of the clip, but I'm not great with gif optimization advice either. Lol. The cut itself looks pretty good. I doubt we'll get another episode like ep20 until the finale anyway.

DiGiKerot

I'll at least admit that it had the best song out of the three. Maybe the best song of the entire series, even.

Seriously, best song.

You know, this seems to be just about everyone else's favourite track (outside of Music, but that's in all three versions), but I actually prefer Vault that Borderline. The main problem with that song, though, is it kind of feels like it builds to nothing. I know that they've been performing full-length versions of Vault and edeN at recent live shows, so I'm curious to hear what it'll sound like without the truncation. Wish they'd hurry up and solicit that CD already.

They really need to just put out those Shiny Festa OAVs on BD at this point. I'm pretty sure they animated them at a better resolution than what a PSP can display, and it seems like such a waste watching them in such an ugly fashion.

HUNTER X HUNTER 70
Hunter%20X%20Hunter%20-%2070.jpg

Well he is the main character in a shonen...

Hot blooded dodgefight was intense as expected ... Razor rocks ...

Where is my Greed island game ( that doesn't suck unlike the one they tried to make ) , bandai ?

Hunter x Hunter 70
tumblr_mjfvirXJoB1rzse2do1_250.gif
tumblr_mjfvirXJoB1rzse2do2_250.gif

"The only reason I can focus wholly on hitting the ball is because Killua's holding it for me." That whole season was perhaps the best thing in the whole arc, especially with the song they chose for it and everything surrounding it
the detailed issue of Killua's hands that were so painful to look at and such :( and how he was trying to hide it from Gon and such I imagine since he had his hands in his pockets the whole time, which is kind of like him as usual

Some reason that is a bit more memorable than the phenomenal ball action. If they could only do it while in motion and not just stationery like that. Was slightly shocked in a few things
Bisky being hit and Hisoka taking some damage, either the other dude is really on a higher echelon than everyone else and Hisoka and Bisky are weaker than I imagined, or Gon and Killua are close to being Hisoka/Biskey level, I guess. Bungee Gum is cool

Ultimadrago

Iori and Ritsuko in top 3. Miki in last.

Good list!, Approved!, etc.

kotori > ritsuko > *

Manga/SmutGAF bias!

That didn't sound nice outside of a more colloquial context, really... but don't take it too seriously because I think that with that he is referring to all the dedicated people who take the good effort on bringing the valuable information to others, himself included. I think he is in part lamenting such situation, it is just that he said it in such a direct way it could have come as insulting instead.

I don't know the person myself, but it read something closer along these lines for me as well.
Nonetheless, he could have been a bit more discerning about word choice.

Theonik

AKB0048 NEXT STAGE 10
Shoji Kawamori's Avatar is putting it lightly. That ending was "amazing" next episode is setting up to be oh so good.

Little Busters! 22
tumblr_mjfkj318YW1rxtdrgo7_500.gif

This arc, and I guess it continues next episode has been so good. The story is so emotional and Kud and how the others are trying to help.
The situation just keeps getting so more and more grim and the preview makes it feel that way. I can only hope that her mother survived somehow but that was a huge and powerful rocket explosion so it may just be plain impossible :( Kyousuke's words were tough about sad things just happen and we just have to get through them. The pressure and sadness must be intense too for all of them if they got that teary eyed and for Riki, to sudden feel like he was all alone outside going through all those past glimpses :(

Kurita

Liar Game : The Final Stage
HtwgbmR.jpg

Well, this movie wasn't as good as the two regular seasons but still did a great job to conclude the story imo.
I honestly think that they should have chosen a more exciting game. Don't get me wrong, it was still good, but... I don't know... It was kind of confusing.
The characters were great, it was cool to see old faces again. As always Akiyama was a fucking boss, dayum.
The ending was satisfying, everybody manages to avoid the debts thanks to Kanzaki... The power of friendship!

To conclude I'll say that I loved this drama, I need to watch the second movie and read the manga now...

duckroll

Tamako Market - Episode 8

That was great stuff. Takemoto is a directing master. I love how he balanced the two related storylines of Dera having to diet and Choi deciding to go to school. It adds nice character moments and there are also some really create visual shots. The jokes were really funny too. When this show is good, it's really good. Being rather episodic helps too, since a less exciting episode doesn't drag the entire series down. :D

Death Billiards, at least, is confirmed for a TV airing in just over a week from now.

Yaaaaaaaaaaay! Can't wait. GuP 11 and Death Billiards on the same day! :D

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Puchimas! 23

I normally don't post Puchi impressions, but...did they just imply that Ritsuko
has a thing for Producer
?

Puchimas! 24

Holy shit, Rider Double Kick! :lol

Westlo

Wow haven''t posted in this thread for like 4 days and it has only done another 40 odd pages, thats usually something done in like 2, saveus based spring season.

Also smh @ all the random miki hate that gets thrown around, fall back haterz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom