• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

Dont know why they'd g for that instead of Toriko, and unfortunate that it didnt end up being Sword Art Online, guess that will go to Neon Alley...

For one, neither of them are long enough. I'm willing to bet Toonami is setting up for a Bleach replacement. They need a long running show they can rely on week to week to grab ratings. Toriko is just now getting its dub done now. No way Funimation could get far ahead enough for a weekly show.

Man, SAO on toonami would be hilarious. It'd be worth it to see the toonami-gaf thread just devolve into madness. Still hope they end up getting E7:AO for the same reason.

Ishida & Asakura 10

Diary moment made me laugh.

Gintama 6

The ending theme is still quite good. Whole police escape seen and Shinpachi moments, especially his Kintama thing, was the most memorable parts. Really good mix of some emotional stuff with the daughter plot and comedy.

Cuticle Detective Inaba 10
tumblr_mjfgsbNaAE1qivdybo1_500.gif
tumblr_mjfgsbNaAE1qivdybo2_500.gif

Way too funny. So much of the first half had me laughing. Just all the characters and their comments on the farm, Ogi being caught up in the cute pictures
when he told the big Don to sit
and many more and even second half with Don power, the glimpse of Lorenzo, Ogi/Inaba devotion stuff, and Soumei.

Defuser

Man, SAO on toonami would be hilarious. It'd be worth it to see the toonami-gaf thread just devolve into madness. Still hope they end up getting E7:AO for the same reason.
Now you're making me wish Guilty Crown, SAO, E7:AO, Blood-C actually come to Toonami.

yami4ct

Posting this just for Branduil, because he's my friend:

That actually looks pretty good. Man, I hope that show turns out. I'll be sad if it doesn't.

Now you're making me wish Guilty Crown, SAO, E7:AO, Blood-C actually come to Toonami.

I have high hopes AO will make it on there. They've been replaying E7 and it's a pretty good ratings getter for them. Blood-C, though. Oh boy, a man can dream. A man can dream.

Okay then. Now that I'm done with everything iM@S related (save for Puchimas!), I guess it's finally ranking time!

Best tier
Ritsuko

Best if you don't count Ritsuko as an idol, in which case fuck you tier
Chihaya
Iori
Makoto

Best in spite of having the worst focus episode tier
Hibiki

Pretty good tier
Haruka
Azusa
Yayoi
Otonashi

Meh tier
Takane
Ami
Mami

Are you even IN this show tier
Yukiho

I wish you WEREN'T in this show tier
Miki

Makoto, Iori, and Chihaya are my top 3, so I suggest that we should be great tomodachis.

duckroll

That actually looks pretty good. Man, I hope that show turns out. I'll be sad if it doesn't.

I think most reasonable people hope that things which look and sound interesting do end up good! It's just unfortunate that often reality is sad. At least we're not always disappointed 100% of the time. The exceptions make it all worthwhile! :D

Articalys

Shit, I had to have this one explained to me -- let's see who here is the fastest to figure it out themselves and prove me an idiot.

The super-Engrishy b-side song on the Psycho-Pass ED2 single is titled "elbadaernU". Why that name?

BluWacky

Shit, I had to have this one explained to me -- let's see who here is the fastest to figure it out themselves and prove me an idiot.

The super-Engrishy b-side song on the Psycho-Pass ED2 single is titled "elbadaernU". Why that name?

It's "Unreadable" backwards?

Jex

Armoured Trooper VOTOMS 03

Yep this is still an 80s show. Also what the hell is wrong with her thighs? I could get Chirico pilot suit and all but look at this. Moe ruining anime etc. A fairly solid episode, the ending should indicate that things are about to get going on the next one too which is good!

If you haven't already you should ensure to always watch the next-episosde previews. They're god damn amazing. If you've missed them so far go back and check them out right now!

Jex

[Wolf Children]

So like,
towards the end of the film Ame's master dies in the forest and he decides that he has to take over his role in the forest. My only question is - what, exactly, was his master doing all that time? Running around? Hunting rabbits? I think the forest can survive without someone filling in that very important role. Ame is clearly just a dick.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
[Wolf Children]

So like,
towards the end of the film Ame's master dies in the forest and he decides that he has to take over his role in the forest. My only question is - what, exactly, was his master doing all that time? Running around? Hunting rabbits? I think the forest can survive without someone filling in that very important role. Ame is clearly just a dick.

Building a wolf harem

But yeah hes a total dick.

Kazzy

[Wolf Children]

So like,

Regulating.

As I took it, that's simply an extension of the cultural significance of the Wolf in Japan. Being a protector that has ascended into folklore. Ame is simply embracing that "destiny".

yami4ct

[Wolf Children]

So like,

It wasn't well described in the film, I'll admit. I just sort of assumed that
the fox was the protector of the wood. He helped keep things in line. He kept foreigners out and made sure to keep a balance in the forest
I'll admit that absolutely none of that was demonstrated in the film, but that's just the feeling I got. And yeah, Ame is kind of a dick.

Jex

It wasn't well described in the film, I'll admit. I just sort of assumed that
the fox was the protector of the wood. He helped keep things in line. He kept foreigners out and made sure to keep a balance in the forest
I'll admit that absolutely none of that was demonstrated in the film, but that's just the feeling I got. And yeah, Ame is kind of a dick.

I mean, that's how I understood that first time around, and even this time around, but I noticed there isn't any actual explanation in the film. It's just working off assumed knowledge.

duckroll

Those character designs cannot shake my faith at this point. Dedication. I'm all in, man.

I think Majestic Prince is going to surprise a lot of people. I haven't had a good comedy mecha show in a really long time. Please be good, please be good, please be good.

yami4ct

I think Majestic Prince is going to surprise a lot of people. I haven't had a good comedy mecha show in a really long time. Please be good, please be good, please be good.

Don't worry, man. I'll take the hit on this one. I'll say it. It's going to be good! It is, it is, it is. I'll stake my non-reputation on it.

Kazzy

I mean, that's how I understood that first time around, and even this time around, but I noticed there isn't any actual explanation in the film. It's just working off assumed knowledge.

Ame was always try to find his purpose, whereas Yuki - whether she was indulging her more feral side, before turning to a normal life - was always more steadfast in her approach.

I think Ame feels almost duty-bound in a way. Which would have been exacerbated by saying the other wolf living out its days in captivity too. Their true nature is to act as the guardian of the mountain/forest, and he is truly the last one willing (or able) to assume that mantle. The culture significance of which is touched upon early into the film, with the farmers.

Theonik

If you haven't already you should ensure to always watch the next-episosde previews. They're god damn amazing. If you've missed them so far go back and check them out right now!
I've watched them on and off and yes they are pretty well done. The badass OP song playing during them helps a ton too. Kinda similar in structure to the Turn-A previews too.

But
there are no other wolves. He's going to be celibate or life or fuck some other animal. It's what he deserves anyway.
Obviously this is a secret incest anime.
Nah I'll go with the protector angle the others are going for.

Branduil

[Wolf Children]

So like,

Well based on that and
what happened to his dad
, Wolves are irrational and make decisions based on instinct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom