• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theonik

Vividburton Operation 09
'Quality' aside this was a fun episode, pretty :SDBurton. I'm not sure if I'd call it filler though seeing as it seems pretty norm for this series to have the episode focusing on stuff other than the fights themselves. I also liked one line in particular where they tried to explain Hiwamari moe. This episode had a decent amount of butts too, a good rebound from the last one.

Minami-ke tadaima - 10
Minami-ke%20Tadaima%20-%2010.jpg

i was wondering the same thing

As i was watching this episode , it came to me , makoto is boring .. and really unintresting as a character...mako-chan is much much more intresting to watch because she comes with the thrills that comes with her true identity.

This episode came free with 4 pajamas, enjoy!

Jex

[Shin Sekai Yori] 16-21
qxFs1.gif

Well damn. Damn.

Still though, the stupidity of the people who created this system is astounding. There is no failsafe whatsoever? Really? Really?

That would be beside the point of having the system in the first place!

duckroll

Tamako Market - Episode 9

This was without doubt the best episode of the entire series so far. The writing, the narrative format, the direction, and the music. So-fucking-good. The way they handled the concept of a love story really impresses me, especially when it forms the narrative theme which is spread through three different interweaving stories in Tamako's family. The opening and ending scenes which formed the frame of the episode were just perfect. It was a really moving episode where I felt truly invested in the feelings of all the characters and it wasn't presented in a way which felt artificial or over dramatic. Teared up a few times too. When KyoAni is good, they're really, really good. T_T

sonicmj1

When your system depends on absolutely flawless execution and has no flexibility, it's doomed already.

It's not that flawed. It just has an obvious blindspot because it expects genetic conditioning to perfectly hold.
The queerats overthrowing their queens is not the system working as designed, and the capture of a human child only occurred because Saki's group wasn't handled the same way as everyone else in the system.
And even then, this could have been avoided if those responsible weren't as overconfident as they were.

Building in workarounds could have easily gone on to destabilize the entire system, given how much violence needs to be limited.

EDIT: That aside, it's definitely a flawed system, as we can easily see now.

Jarmel

Banned
It's not that flawed. It just has an obvious blindspot because it expects genetic conditioning to perfectly hold.
The queerats overthrowing their queens is not the system working as designed, and the capture of a human child only occurred because Saki's group wasn't handled the same way as everyone else in the system.
And even then, this could have been avoided if those responsible weren't as overconfident as they were.

Building in workarounds could have easily gone on to destabilize the entire system, given how much violence needs to be limited.

One person raised outside the system could easily overtake it overnight, that's a huge oversight. I mean it doesn't even look like genetics is a huge part but rather behavioral training. Assuming that the human population is still in the millions across the world, the system would have to keep track of the entire population in order to work. Come on, if your response when someone goes haywire is to wait for them to wear themselves out then you did something wrong in the planning stage. They should have realized that the moment the first Fiend popped up.

There are reasons why things such as the military police exist.

Jex

Shin Sekai Yori 23

As others have already pointed out, this episode is kind of uneven, but it really delivers at times. This set up some great pieces for the final stretch.

The editing is kind of weird, though. There are so many scenes where it feels like normally, we'd get a few seconds more at the beginning or end. Those transitions are just... missing. The part where they're running down the tunnel, or the transition to get to the shore, or Saki leaving the river all feel like pieces are missing. 5 and 6 did similar things, and I think it's something people also saw in the final episodes of Fate/Zero.

I found the final scene really satisfying, though, and the preview has me really interested in what will come next.
Hey, I already said all that!

JJBA 22
tumblr_mjfk5sf7jD1rd1sxzo1_500.png
tumblr_mjfk5sf7jD1rd1sxzo3_500.png

Some of the dialogue had me laughing quite a bit. Really if the first part of the anime didnt exist, this would easily be one of the top 25 anime Ive ever seen and probably one of the best ones. Liked this whole chariot race had so many excellent parts and was just so intense. Side dialogue from LisaLisa and Cars was entertaining and their exchanges and then Joseph's and Whams and surprising moments. Best moment
Joseph slipping out his boot then using the strap to cut injure the arms, and then close to the end when he is playfully crying and begging. All his tricks are excellent especially with the VA so into the role.
Ill so miss ACDC, Cars, Wham, Joseph, and Caesar once this whole anime ends :(.

Soundtrack is amazing, I need it.

Syrinx

I'm beginning to gather my thoughts on Utena, so I may write up something later today.

For now, I'll point out that, as I've said, I'm reading the Sailor Moon manga for the first time, and I like it lots, but it's actually giving me a new appreciation for the anime. Some people, including myself at times, get a bit tired at how the main plot drags, but I kinda miss the girls just being themselves and going off and doing random shit like in the anime. I almost feel like the manga is moving a bit too quickly if anything. I feel like I knew the characters better watching the show.

mitheor

Ok , i´ve been out of anime for a few years. Any AAA+++ recommendation in this lapse (say last 5 years)?

My favourite shows:

- KyoAni (Kanon, Clannad, Air)
- Gurren Lagann
- Haruhi
- Evangelion
- Madoka
- FLCL
- Monster
- Cowboy Bebop

Thanks in advance guys and sorry for asking this (it´s probably answered like a hundred times)

Kurita

Ok , i´ve been out of anime for a few years. Any AAA+++ recommendation in this lapse (say last 5 years)?

My favourite shows:

- Gurren Lagann
- Haruhi
- Evangelion
- Madoka
- FLCL
- Monster
- Cowboy Bebop

Thanks in advance guys and sorry for asking this (it´s probably answered like a hundred times)
Space Brothers

My favourite shows:

- Gurren Lagann
- Haruhi
- Evangelion
- Madoka
- FLCL
- Monster
- Cowboy Bebop

Angel Beats
Guilty Crown
Star Driver

7Th

My favourite shows:

- Gurren Lagann
- Haruhi
- Evangelion
- Madoka
- FLCL
- Monster
- Cowboy Bebop

Tatami Galaxy, Hyouka, Panty & Stocking, K-ON!(!)

mitheor

Space Brothers

I´ve already seen it. Thanks anyway.

Angel Beats
Guilty Crown
Star Driver

I´ve seen Angel Beats, but the other two are unknown to me. Thanks!

Tatami Galaxy, Hyouka, Panty & Stocking, K-ON!(!)

The only one i didn´t see is Tatamy Galaxy. I´ll check the PV in youtube.

Baccano
Code Geass
Fate/Zero
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Hyouka
Seirei no Moribito
Wolf Children Ame and Yuki

Maybe 5 years without anime was exaggerated because i´ve seen all of them :p

DiGiKerot

My favourite shows:

- Gurren Lagann
- Haruhi
- Evangelion
- Madoka
- FLCL
- Monster
- Cowboy Bebop

Not to be lazy in answering, but I'd probably just go look at the most recent anime of the year thread and pull out anything you think sounds interesting.

Syrinx

My favourite shows:

- Gurren Lagann
- Haruhi
- Evangelion
- Madoka
- FLCL
- Monster
- Cowboy Bebop

I just finished Revolutionary Girl Utena and loved it, so I'd recommend that. It's quite bizarre, but you've got FLCL and such on your list, so you'll probably be able to handle it. I'd also recommend Darker Than Black if you want something more recent. I actually haven't seen most of the shows on your list so it's a little difficult to give recommendations.

My favourite shows:

- Gurren Lagann
- Haruhi
- Evangelion
- Madoka
- FLCL
- Monster
- Cowboy Bebop

Code Geass
Steins;Gate
Fate/Zero
Hellsing Ultimate
Gundam 00
Kuroko no Basket

My favourite shows:

- Gurren Lagann
- Haruhi
- Evangelion
- Madoka
- FLCL
- Monster
- Cowboy Bebop

- Level E
- Moyashimon (and Moyashimon Returns)
- Oreimo
- Redline
- Ga-Rei Zero
- Mobile Suit Gundam: Unicorn
- Binbougami ga!
- Mudazumo Naki Kaikaku: The Legend of Koizumi
- Coffee Samurai

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Maybe 5 years without anime was exaggerated because i´ve seen all of them :p

hahah, no problem. Well then, I'll just substitute in my own personal wonk list of recent things I liked regardless of notability in the fandom:

Bakemonogatari
Birdy the Mighty Decode
Casshern Sins
Chihayafuru
Code:Breaker
Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
Kids on the Slope
Mawaru Penguindrum
Mononoke
Moyashimon
Shinsekai Yori
Steins;Gate

yami4ct

hahah, no problem. Well then, I'll just substitute in my own personal wonk list of recent things I liked regardless of notability in the fandom:

Bakemonogatari
Birdy the Mighty Decode
Casshern Sins
Chihayafuru
Code:Breaker
Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
Kids on the Slope
Mawaru Penguindrum
Mononoke
Moyashimon
Shinsekai Yori
Steins;Gate

This is a good list. I'd add JoJo and, especially, Hunter x Hunter(2011). Don't let the slightly kiddie style fool you, Hunter x Hunter is the most intense, suspenseful, awesome action series around right now.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

My favourite shows:

- Gurren Lagann
- Haruhi
- Evangelion
- Madoka
- FLCL
- Monster
- Cowboy Bebop

Kimi ni Todoke
Sora no Woto
Fate/Zero

yami4ct

One Piece coming to Toonami.....that show is never gonna end

Well, there laying the ground work for a Bleach replacement I suppose. I'll be interested to see how they handle it. Are they going to start where CN left off? Are they going to start from the beginning? Will they run 2 episodes a week? Honestly, I'd personally want them to start from the beginning with 2 eps a week, but who knows? Any which way, yeah, it'll be around forever.

Mature

Surprised this isn't funi with that Law and order crack. They are huge offenders of those awful back-of-the-box lines. I think Level-E's said something about it being like Punk'd.

Is Niea Under 7 worth watching?
I just ordered some of the singles a few days ago. I'll letcha know.

Also, in Toonami news, it looks like the crew announced at Momocon that they'll be showing One Piece in the future. They're also showing Evangelion 1.11 next week on the block. So I think I'll be marathon-ing Eva for the first time in preparation.

yami4ct

Also, in Toonami news, it looks like the crew announced at Momocon that they'll be showing One Piece in the future. They're also showing Evangelion 1.11 next week on the block. So I think I'll be marathon-ing Eva for the first time in preparation.

An eva first timer marathoning the show?

tumblr_m7xzl5UYXs1qd9lmno1_500.gif

Please make sure to post impressions as you go. I need to see this.

Theonik

Armoured Trooper VOTOMS 04
ibq8mzOpwsVTvX.png

This gonna be good
I really like how the mechs work in this show. Can't get enough of this wheeled leg spin, looks very cool. So we get some back story on Chirico suposedly I am not sure I understand much. Why are these people after him? Guess they'll explain on the episodes to follow but...
Edit: Actually re-wtching the first episode in parts kinda cleared some things like who
the new police chief is and whatnot.

One Piece will begin airing on Toonami at some point in the near future. This means that all of Weekly Shonen Jump's "big three" anime series will be on the network.

Also, ignoring the misspelling in the source tweet, Evangelion 1.11 will be airing for a special movie night next weekend.

(src)

That will be painful watching one episode of one piece weekly...considering they are 585 episodes behind :/

Dont know why they'd go for that instead of Toriko, and unfortunate that it didnt end up being Sword Art Online, guess that will go to Neon Alley...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom