• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

Oh, for those curious, Accel World LN volume 13 (the newest one) sold 43,538 copies in its debut week.

That's about 40,000 copies less than the newest Kuroko's Basketball Character Book, for what it's worth, but at the same time about 26,000 copies more than the newest Ro-Kyu-Bu volume.

yami4ct

also none of these better have even remotely happy endings

i want all dead characters

Gundam AGE will make you wish it never existed after the hope of Season 2. Can't get much sadder than that.

Also, School Days legit fits your description. It's a terrible show, but if you want wallowing in human misery it fits the bill quite well.

yami4ct

hey can you guys recommend me some really fucking depressing anime? i just watched all of Now and Then, Here and There and it wasnt enough for me. dont say Grave of the Fireflies either, thats too obvious

I just now remember that show. I think I caught it when it was on G4 or something. Fuuuuuuuuck. I couldn't even finish it. Wallowing in other's sadness got a bit too much for me with that one.........Maybe I should go back and finish.

Narag

I just now remember that show. I think I caught it when it was on G4 or something. Fuuuuuuuuck. I couldn't even finish it. Wallowing in other's sadness got a bit too much for me with that one.........Maybe I should go back and finish.

NTHT arguments would be a nice change of pace from the usual Hyouka or Angel Beats! ones.

cajunator

Banned

That show was pretty crazy, but definitely sad.
It ends on a bittersweet note.

Jintor

back to love live

eps 2

Something about the character art I really love. They look so fuwafuwa, but not in a moe blob way, and fatty thighs <3

I'm really divided on Love Live's art. I like it in-motion (except for the goddamn CG dance sequences but what can you do, it's an idol show), but I don't really like still shots

yami4ct

its worth a watch.
It definitely leaves you with a down feeling but in a way thats hard to discern or describe.

I got a very dystopic, sort of Grave of the Fireflies feeling from it when I tried the first time. The dub wasn't great, so that made it harder to watch, but it still had an emotional punch to it.

hey can you guys recommend me some really fucking depressing anime? i just watched all of Now and Then, Here and There and it wasnt enough for me. dont say Grave of the Fireflies either, thats too obvious

Shiki maybe?

Oh yeah, Saikano. Most depressing anime in existence.

wonzo

Banned
Love Live 7
lovelive7.jpg
lovelive7a.jpg

lovelive7b.jpg
lovelive7c.jpg

puchimasu19.jpg

Jintor

Holy shit, Shiraishi played Sakamoto? Lololololol

Ahahah and Daisuke played the Crow that replaced him for that one episode. lolololol

Articalys

Literally nothing new came out last week besides a pair of DVD box sets for old Initial D seasons. Only a few bits of news to report:

- Girls und Panzer vol.1 BD is now over 28,000
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure vol.1 BD+DVD is now over 23,000

Full list later, I guess, not that it means much.

cajunator

Banned
Literally nothing new came out last week besides a pair of DVD box sets for old Initial D seasons. Only a few bits of news to report:

- Girls und Panzer vol.1 BD is now over 28,000
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure vol.1 BD+DVD is now over 23,000

Full list later, I guess, not that it means much.

These sales please me.

Japanese subs only.

It comes with some pretty neat extras though:
- Bonus disc with promo vids
- Booklet
- Film strip
- Nice box

wolfchildrenextras.jpg

beautiful packaging.

cajunator

Banned
They should really just keep the packaging as is, add english subs and charge full price in the US for that. I would definitely pay it.

zeroshiki

You'll also notice that the cover for it says "From the director of The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and Summer Wars."

I don't see anything about any Digimen.

zeroshiki

They should really just keep the packaging as is, add english subs and charge full price in the US for that. I would definitely pay it.

To be honest, this movie probably costs a lot to license since its highly acclaimed, made a killing at the box office and did film festivals. American distributors would probably need to mass market it or something to make money on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom