• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Beauty x Joker is the only viable Beauty ship in the show. Mercurial psychopath and uptight sheltered girl just work together somehow.

Wait what?

Best pair for Beauty is Happy.

Hm... I can accept that, but where does that leave Peace?

A bit of a delay, but the web preview for Tamako Market episode 11 is up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzaRWl-DSYo

Hard to tell from just that, but I'm hopeful it's gonna be gooood. ^_^

Arthea

so, it happens that I've already seen first episode of Tsuritama, rather struggled through it, and never came back.
Humanity Has Declined after watching 1 episode, also gets no go from me.
Both has no blood and violence in epic proportions. No, seriously sci-fi without action or even conflict of galactic proportions is always fail. Well, may be not fail, but boring. There is an exception though - level E was awesome. OTOH... it has epic conflict (><)

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
so, it happens that I've already seen first episode of Tsuritama, rather struggled through it, and never came back.
Humanity Has Declined after watching 1 episode, also gets no go from me.
Both has no blood and violence in epic proportions. No, seriously sci-fi without action or even conflict of galactic proportions is always fail. Well, may be not fail, but boring. There is an exception though - level E was awesome. OTOH... it has epic conflict (><)
It sounds like you wanna watch Legend of the Galactic Heroes!

Articalys

Translation of the intro text on the Gintama Kanketsu-hen movie site, from the devoted (and possibly slightly crazy) admins over at number-one Gintama fansite Yorozuya Soul.

Either this really is the last anime production of anything Gintama, or Sunrise is trolling harder than ever before.

what's it going to take to get someone to actually watch the fantastically insane Yu-Gi-Oh Season 0

WHAT'S IT GOING TO TAKE

I toad myself that I'd resist grasping the low-hanging fruit no matter what.
I've already seen it.
Years ago when i was an avid yugioh car player
Season 0 is quite good actually.

Splash Star 04:

happy (early) spring everyone

Splash Star isn't so bad yet, actually. It's still a pale imitation of Futari wa but it's at least cohesive in the execution of its seasonal theme and just has sort of a breezy feel to it thanks to all of the nature locales, the comically incompetent villain, and the use of a supporting cast who largely just feel like normal people. The supporting cast was also a strength in Futari wa, but these personalities seem to work especially well with the tighter and more informal nature of the community in Splash Star.

Splash star will fell like futari wa during some early episodes ..and then it will become his own thing.. COntinue watching it'll be worth it :)

Milamber

DrizSCA.jpg

So afraid the hype will overwhelm this episodes expectations.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
But I enjoy Skyfall song :(
Well at least you didn't have a go at me for using the term OP to describe the opening titles for a James Bond movie. While it's technically a correct term to use people may get offended that a commonly used term in the world of anime has been applied to a cinema staple

BluWacky

Well at least you didn't have a go at me for using the term OP to describe the opening titles for a James Bond movie. While it's technically a correct term to use people may get offended that a commonly used term in the world of anime has been applied to a cinema staple

Most films don't have OPs and I'd like it if more did. Obviously the Bond films do, and the incredible Girl With The Dragon Tattoo opening is one of the best sequences I've seen in years, but most films don't devote full sequences to credits any more.

Let's face it, most live action television doesn't anymore, either. I know they're a waste of time for some narratives when they can tell a story instead but I love the impact of a great credit sequence, they really get me in the mood - it's the same with anime. Although admittedly I think From The New World's lack of a credit sequence works well.

Tamako MArket 1-4
That bird is so goddamn great. i cant even begin to to describe my love for yuckymochi. The rest of the cast is great and adorable.

Plastic-nee san 1-12
WTF was this. I laughed pretty good through its 25 minute run and sat mouth agape for the other parts. Every character got slightly fleshed out. Muscle ripping out of baseball jersey into female panties as an intimidation tactic then getting arrested, amazing.

1-4
Durarara!!

So this exists and is interesting but i have no idea whats going on. I really only like celty right now, and she has a great body, which they dont seem shy about showing.

duckroll

Most films don't have OPs and I'd like it if more did. Obviously the Bond films do, and the incredible Girl With The Dragon Tattoo opening is one of the best sequences I've seen in years, but most films don't devote full sequences to credits any more.

Let's see.... out of the last few films I saw... how many had opening credits which felt like a unique sequence...

Argo - Yes
Django Unchained - No
The Grandmaster - Yes
Les Miserables - No
One Piece Film Z - Yes
Life of Pi - Yes
Kenshin - No
Re:Cyborg - No

Could be wrong on some of those, memory isn't that good these days. I think opening credits are still somewhat popular, just not mandatory.

Bored, so I'm posting my Spring Watch List again, with more details this time. Share yours too and we can bond together over what terrible cartoons we'll be watching next season.

Valvrave - Aniplex presents NotGundam - from the creators of Gundam. Love the director, not so hot on everything else. The OP/EDs alone should be killer though. Seems totally safe but will probably not be a disaster.

I believe in Valvrave.

I guess I'll do mine.

Best 3
Valvrave - angela theme, sign me up. Protagonist looks amazing and the mech and action seem like it will be fun and at least really dramatic and maybe friendship between young people in different warring nations?

Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince - Probably in the minority but I like the one that does theses character designs, and at least all the anime that I have seen them in, Ive somehow ended up loving the anime alot, so as a character driven person, I guess this anime would ultimately be right up my alley. Looks fun, has good music, and the small glimpses of action do look compelling.

Uta no Prince Sama Maji Love 2000% - All my idols and musics and dancing. My love exceeded 1000% first season.

Arata Kangatari

Karneval - Have you see the merchandise? Lovely cast and all the pvs looked awesome with the magicks.

Joujuu Senjin!! Mushibugyo - Looks really standard action level and nothing impressive but if it hits all the genre standards could be surprisingly good.

MS Gundam Seed Destiny HD (still need to finish seed hd)

Suisei no Gargantia - Cast is kind of lacking in many regards and looks like the anime may be more flash than substance, but it has a mecha and a cool male lead so I definitely will watch I guess.

RDG: Red Data Girl - Episode 1 had a boring OP and ED and felt really slow but some of the characters are interesting enough to keep me in, like Miyuki, the manservant forced to protect her...

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (though, Ive already been waching the bds)

Yahari - My usual random pick of the season just for the sake of experience an anime I have no interest in, dont know nothing about it.

Devil Survivor 2 - Interesting cast, Daichi is immediately cool and the anguished one, hoping it will sell me on the game, like P4 anime did.

Shingeki no Kyojin - yuki kaiji, good fanart, nice visuals (ugly giants) should be good.

Arthea

my spring watch list isn't that interesting
I'll watch all mecha, probably end up with one, would be nice if 2, miracle - if all 3.
In Attack on Titan I trust!
Probably will check new Higurashi no naku, Arata Kangatari, Karneval and of course Yamato 2199.

Ixion Saga DT 23

Only two more episodes left :( The intro, though it was repetitious, was still good because that background music they use is my favorite song in the background musics. Otherwise, kind of figured that reveal KT
is a women, Erec sama so shocked
. Liked Kon's outfit this episode (hot pot).

Anyway this felt odd, in the moment before and after, how did he even end up with this footwear.
tumblr_mjuyrqsEEx1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_mjuyrqsEEx1qbxqfpo2_500.png

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Stuff that I'm excited for by a lot
Valvrave
Majestic Prince
Gargantia
Brain Base Romcom
Railgun S2

Stuff that I'm Excited for
Date-A-Live
Devil Survivor 2

Stuff that I feel mild about
Red Data Girl
GSD HD Remaster
Karneval
Shingeki no Kyoujin
Warawanai Neko

Stuff that I'm not excited for
Everything else

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
GJ-bu 6

Man. This show is some serious doujin-fuel, isn't it? The scene with
Kyoro brushing his sister's hair
was a bit creepy. I'm pretty sure there's some
bro-con
going on. And that's on top of the million other fetishes this show seems to cater to. :lol

But yet...I can't stop watching it. ;_;

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Isn't making a spoiler just a link a bit of a harsh trap for those who click to reveal spoilers? Even if the blue hyperlink text does give it away.

Panzer spoilers? I'm out.
Naoko Yamada has said she's not interested in K-On past high school. I guess that could change but that was her last statement regarding any K-On continuation.

That doesn't rule out Azusa's senior year. Some of the better episodes of K-ON!! were the ones with just her with Jun and Ui.

Articalys

The second season of High School DxD will simply be called High School DxD NEW. The logo is... well, see for yourself.

Ute1elB.png

New members joining the cast include Risa Taneda, Haruko Yamazaki, and Maaya Uchida.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom