• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo 23

Oh hey, I was wrong. It wasn't a DRAMA episode.

Dunno, I feel sorry for the poor people who just want to get through the graduation event and instead gets treated to another thing all about that damn dorm. Nofunallowed.jpg

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Smile Precure Movie: Blah Blah Long Title:

Very good animation. The characters at their character-iest. Who gives a shit about the plot it's an annual Toei milking movie and they almost all share the same empty shell of a narrative. Actual effort was put in to make it entertaining and not totally soulless like some of the films, and so it really just feels like a really long Smile episode, which is all I wanted.

and OF COURSE it's Yayoi delivering the special message to the "bigger friends" in the audience :lol
I just like the fact that Toei acknowledges their peripheral fanbase's existence when people like Haruyama (don't booru) draws stuff that actually puts the company in trouble. lol

One more thing I liked about the movie: it decides all the pairings once and for all!
AkaneXBritish dude, NaoXReika, MiyukiXNico, and YayoiXHer 2D Husbandos

I just like the fact that Toei acknowledges their peripheral fanbase's existence when people like Haruyama (don't booru) draws stuff that actually puts the company in trouble. lol

One more thing I liked about the movie: it decides all the pairings once and for all!

w96t2uj.jpg

cajunator

Banned
Well apparently I have officially posted a link to GO MY WAY!! one time too many. :(

No its not that. The problem is Aguirre has already made that thread completely loathesome of anything resembling anime. You are lucky to be alive.

Of note, I like Aguirre, just they do not. He/she did push the issue though by continuing to spam anime gifs after being told to stop.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

Actually I thought that the message of the movie was
Miyuki x EVERYONE. so much daisuki there at the end

Did he do the Manyuu Hikenchou art designs? I should look that up...

I think he's more of a game character designer, especially for Namco weeb games. Did the character designs for Super Robot Taisen OG Endless Frontier and Project X Zone afaik

The best part about that is how guilty/embarrassed they look after Yayoi tells them to shut up and sit down.

If it was a real otaku creeper he'd have a disturbing face from getting off to being scolded by Yayoi.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hey, I was just joking around, even if it's true that you're comparing a show that you've seen to a show that you haven't!
I watched 2 or 3 episodes!

Whatever the case, I will say that the Heartcatch movie is way better than the Smile one.

Not that the Smile movie is particularly bad, mind you - it's entertaining and there's some great fight choreography - but last years Suite movie did rather vastly reduce my expectations for such things.
I figure everything to do with Suite is best forgotten. lol

Smile definitely has my favorite art style of the lot. Its those eye designs. So gorgeous.
Plus you know, Cure Peace and her moenukeness.
Can't wait to watch Smile but its a ways down the line. I think I will skip the YES Precure shows for now and come back to them later.
Just skip to Smile!

Smile Precure Movie: Blah Blah Long Title:

Very good animation. The characters at their character-iest. Who gives a shit about the plot it's an annual Toei milking movie and they almost all share the same empty shell of a narrative. Actual effort was put in to make it entertaining and not totally soulless like some of the films, and so it really just feels like a really long Smile episode, which is all I wanted.

and OF COURSE it's Yayoi delivering the special message to the "bigger friends" in the audience :lol

[Smile Precure! The Movie: Big Mismatch in the Picture Book!]
Animation-wise, this was a spectacle. The situational and visual comedy was one of Smile's strongest points, and the movie ramps up these elements to the max. I also thought the visuals were pretty impressive in their own regard, even the CGI (the
whale made of flowers
near the beginning of the film was a delight)! The sakuga is also the one thing that kept my attention after the the movie takes on yet another rampage against another faceless evil. The fight choreography alone is worth the price of admission, although be warned that the eventual conclusion is not unlike that of a regular episode's.

It is basically a longer TV episode, which is fine by me. Hell, I'm pretty sure they did
Cinderella
in the show itself already, but who cares. lol

It is basically a longer TV episode, which is fine by me. Hell, I'm pretty sure they did
Cinderella

How could you forget the Cure Happy powerup special/character development episode but turns out it wasn't and she gets a proper one after everyone does episode.

duckroll

I hope Majestic Prince doesn't just copy SEED's designs, but the plot too.

bPI1z1o.jpg

Because that means shortly after this scene the little girl will die, and then there will be a sex scene. :D

cajunator

Banned
I watched 2 or 3 episodes!
I figure everything to do with Suite is best forgotten. lol

Just skip to Smile!

Cinderella

Why would I skip to Smile right away? Still have to watch Splashstar, Fresh, Heartcatch, and Suite first.

Yes. This is the cause of their reaction to BGBW.

haruyama should do the character designs for the next Precure series. He's eminently qualified.
His art is quite good.
1) you posted the wrong one
2) the funny pictures thread is the worst one on the forum
You mean the complain about no one posting funny pictures thread.
I think he's more of a game character designer, especially for Namco weeb games. Did the character designs for Super Robot Taisen OG Endless Frontier and Project X Zone afaik
I only ask that because I found a piece by him of Chifusa Manyuu. He's pretty good at mimicking styles, so it might just be that. Certainly could fool me.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Why would I skip to Smile right away? Still have to watch Splashstar, Fresh, Heartcatch, and Suite first.
Because they're not related to each other at all!

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo 23

Oh hey, I was wrong. It wasn't a DRAMA episode.

Dunno, I feel sorry for the poor people who just want to get through the graduation event and instead gets treated to another thing all about that damn dorm. Nofunallowed.jpg
Oh my god, could imagine if that happened at your high school graduation? lol

I will say, at least it would be memorable. :p

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I only ask that because I found a piece by him of Chifusa Manyuu. He's pretty good at mimicking styles, so it might just be that. Certainly could fool me.

Yeah, he always draws everything in official style. This can have horrifying results depending on the show.

Articalys

Sakurasou 23

So... why is there still one more episode after this? I guess it's not quite the end of LN volume 6 yet.

Anyway, I thought that was a pretty nice monologue from Natsumi Takamori in the first half of the episode, but then everything reverted back to standard light novel cheesiness for the second half. Let's just get this over with and bring it to a close next week so I don't have to worry about it anymore.

cajunator

Banned
I hope Majestic Prince doesn't just copy SEED's designs, but the plot too.

bPI1z1o.jpg

Because that means shortly after this scene the little girl will die, and then there will be a sex scene. :D

Ewwww. Ducky!

Because they're not related to each other at all!

Oh my god, could imagine if that happened at your high school graduation? lol

I will say, at least it would be memorable. :p

Well if they aren't related to each other then it shouldn't matter what show I watch first silly!

They're related in their goal to sell you plastic trinkets.

Lol. Precure is absolutely SHAMELESS about this.

Andrew J.

Smile Precure Movie

Nico, whining about losing your smile was lame when Shawm Michaels did it in 1997, and it's lame when you do it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom