• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
roman11.jpg

Who needs next seasons pitiful CG shitfest when you can have some GLORIOUS 2D MECHA right here, right now in BAKUMATSU GIJINDEN ROMAN 11

FUUUCKKK YEEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH SHIT IS GOING DOWN NEXT WEEK

Defuser

Girls Und Panzer ep 11
HOLY SHIT. GuP is fucking back!
Dat smoke deception tactics, dat teamwork and dat Miho heroine awesomeness. Excellent excellent episode. Can't wait for next week's finale!

duckroll

Death Billiards

That was outstanding. It's a really nice and tight mysterious short story wrapped in 25 minutes of great art direction, solid animation, and really good direction. I felt everything worked so well, and the pace was perfect. I don't want to say much about the plot at all, because it's the sort of stuff which has a nice initial impression if you don't know what to expect, but it's also something which can be rewatchable because it doesn't really rely on any specific twist to work. Madhouse did a great job, and Anime Mirai continues to prove its worth creatively.

I really liked the art setting for this sort, and the character designs are pretty different and effective too. What's also surprising is that for a Madhouse production, the CG isn't handled by Madbox, but by Sanzigen instead. Good choice. I really liked the mix of animation cuts they managed to fit into the scenario here, and there's a great mix of subtle character animation, action, and some... other stuff. It's good to see that while it's a Young Animators Training Project, this team didn't skim on the script or music either. Everything about it just works perfectly.

wonzo

Banned
Death Billiards

That was outstanding. It's a really nice and tight mysterious short story wrapped in 25 minutes of great art direction, solid animation, and really good direction. I felt everything worked so well, and the pace was perfect. I don't want to say much about the plot at all, because it's the sort of stuff which has a nice initial impression if you don't know what to expect, but it's also something which can be rewatchable because it doesn't really rely on any specific twist to work. Madhouse did a great job, and Anime Mirai continues to prove its worth creatively.

I really liked the art setting for this sort, and the character designs are pretty different and effective too. What's also surprising is that for a Madhouse production, the CG isn't handled by Madbox, but by Sanzigen instead. Good choice. I really liked the mix of animation cuts they managed to fit into the scenario here, and there's a great mix of subtle character animation, action, and some... other stuff. It's good to see that while it's a Young Animators Training Project, this team didn't skim on the script or music either. Everything about it just works perfectly.
Sounds like BESTHOUSE is back after the great MAPPA exodus!

Katyusha

I agree that episode 23 of Sakurasou should've been the last. It seems like there's just not much more they can tell us about their lives.

Also, hello AnimeGAF, first post here because I didn't realize there was an anime thread (I mostly pop up in the "I need a new PC" thread.)

I agree that episode 23 of Sakurasou should've been the last. It seems like there's just not much more they can tell us about their lives.

Also, hello AnimeGAF, first post here because I didn't realize there was an anime thread (I mostly pop up in the "I need a new PC" thread.)

Shion is great but she's no Mori-san. Welcome.

cajunator

Banned
Steins;Gate 16

This show gets more and more depressing (or bittersweet) with each episode.

Damn you're at episode 16 already? Hard to stop isn't it?
I marathoned the whole thing in one sitting. It was just too good.

Jao!

Girls und panzer .. 11

Episode was a solid 9/10.

DAT TANK action , sneak attack and friendship + teamwork ..

Beautifull ..

Someone got to make a gif of that part , right ?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Anime... Yup, AintNobodyGotTimeForThat.gif and all that. But I still love you guys, and I'll be back here next season in style, haha.

But for now, I gotta catch up and finish these backlog season series on time!

Hataraki Man 8-11 -END-

Watching these four episodes in a row felt quite refreshing. One episode per week is a torture, man!

I think I fell asleep for a couple of seconds during the Kaji-focused episode and missed the entire thing with
the guy who paints here.
I still have absolutely no idea what that was about - but I guess that's ok, haha.

The last episode was... Kind of underwhelming, but not in a bad way. It wasn't possible to expect anything different after watching 10 episodes of this show, that portrays reality with fidelity and without giving the viewers any delusions of grandeur. "Life sucks. Deal with it."

The one thing I really enjoyed about it was Sugawara's part - which I guess explained why he was the only character who covered half the screen during the OP.

But yeah, that was a really entertaining show. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone wishing to take a break from the usual anime bullshit cliches we all love.

Ultimadrago

Anime... Yup, AintNobodyGotTimeForThat.gif and all that. But I still love you guys, and I'll be back here next season in style, haha.

Man, I ain't even mad at ya. I spent last week out of town for Spring Break and felt fantastic taking a break from the usual, school and all.

jbug617

Banned
Sakurasou No Pet Na Kanojo 23

A lot of tears this episode. This show is very up and down or me. Seems like it's going to end on a high note.

Nuklear

Banned
Just finished off episode 26 of Xam'd and what a great anime. It reminded me of Nausicaa a little due to Nakiami. I loved the intro and ending music to the show too. Great stuff!

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Man, I ain't even mad at ya. I spent last week out of town for Spring Break and felt fantastic taking a break from the usual, school and all.

Vegas? Sounds like a good time!

I've got a lot of good stuff going on in my life right now, so at least I can say that I'm taking a break from anime for a decent reason! Haha.

But I'll be back in time for CG shit and Baudeleire-reading giants next season.

Nafe

That's fair. I just feel like the Smiles are the best already though. lol

Yeah, I think right now I'm enjoying Heartcatch about equal with how I enjoyed Smile PreCure!. Smile was definitely aptly named in my opinion as it certainly put a smile on my face(most of the time anyway). I really want to watch the movie but I kind of want to drag my heels on it as well because then it will be over for Smile. :( I did the same thing for K-On and it's movie, haha. so mono no aware...

I guess there's still the crossover movies too. I wonder how long it will be before the PreCure movies of that type will rival the Super Sentai crossover movies and have just a bajillion characters on screen like this...

sj2V3.gif

Taste the rainbow!!!

Just finished off episode 26 of Xam'd and what a great anime. It reminded me of Nausicaa a little due to Nakiami. I loved the intro and ending music to the show too. Great stuff!

I think the ending could have been a bit better, but definitely agree about the intro song (boom boom satellites), its so catchy and memorable

Syrinx

Yeah, I think right now I'm enjoying Heartcatch about equal with how I enjoyed Smile PreCure!. Smile was definitely aptly named in my opinion as it certainly put a smile on my face(most of the time anyway). I really want to watch the movie but I kind of want to drag my heels on it as well because then it will be over for Smile. :( I did the same thing for K-On and it's movie, haha. so mono no aware...

I guess there's still the crossover movies too. I wonder how long it will be before the PreCure movies of that type will rival the Super Sentai crossover movies and have just a bajillion characters on screen like this...

sj2V3.gif

Taste the rainbow!!!

Is being a Power Ranger even special if there's that goddamn many?

Nafe

Woooow, I may need to check this out. :O

I think it's from the Kamen Rider x Super Sentai movie from last year. It had every Kamen Rider and Super Sentai up to that point along with a bunch of the main villians from each show for something like 486 actors participating in the final battle. It's kind of like the battle of helm's deep with skittles,haha.

Is being a Power Ranger even special if there's that goddamn many?

Technically they're Super Sentai but that is where Power Rangers borrows it's suits and such from.

Zettai Karen children THE UNLIMITED - 11 New york edition

So they went for a X-men "day of future past" route ?( kudos for the comics readers here )

Zettai%20Karen%20Children%20THE%20UNLIMITED%20-%20Hyoubu%20Kyousuke%20-%2011.jpg

What do you do when you're a badass esper in a no magic zone ? You use a sword !

Episode was all kinds of satisfying , with a deep bond being made between each character.
the andy-hyoubu chemistry worked perfectly ..from the trust to the teamwork culmunating to a glorious back to back.

I'm happy but not satisfied because as a avid ZKC reader , there is only one way for things to end and that ending is not one that i'll enjoy much even if it'll be well done i'm sure.

Now i sure wasn't expecting yugiri habilities to work like that .. and quite unfortunatly this arc is perfectly connected to the other in the manga .we can safely treat this arc as cannon and that's great actually.

Another word for "DARKNESS NIGHT" , as it's an awesome ending ... i really enjoy that song and the presentation provided..overall ZKC - the unlimited has an awesome soundtrack and a well above average presentation. And i'm quite happy.

Jintor

Well okay the production values are pretty high and it's made me laugh area times so far. If I wasn't already mindlessly watching love live I might give it a better shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom