• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Jinsei Best Ten

72En2J1.jpg

Wow, firehawk was right, this was pure writing. The animation isn't outstanding or anything, but the art style is pretty unique and it makes the overall short pretty pleasant to look at, and fits the tone too. The main focus here is on the story and it's really pretty unique. There's no way there's a large audience for this sort of thing. It's not even something I would compare to a live action drama. It's basically a tight short story about a woman turning 40 soon, who is still unable to shake off her childish outlook on love. It's pretty great to see a character drama story which isn't built around happy endings or romance, but rather an examination of mid-life crisis and what drives us to change our outlook on life.

mondaijitachi 10

wait it's over? Bomba sales?

No clue what happened, but i really love how the show does high speed movement and the sound effect for hits is freaking great.

kurousagi is still adorable as fuck.

ctr.jpg

chrono trigger nod?

cajunator

Banned
mondaijitachi 10

No clue what happened, but i really love how the show does high speed movement and the sound effect for hits is freaking great.

Yes. and it was WAY too fucking short!
Not even 12 episodes? come the fuck on!

mondaijitachi 10

It was planned for 10 eps from the start.
still it appears it has generated some light on the novels and the kuro usagi figurines prices are way too high for a serie nobody liked so i'd assume and i hope nobody will be dumb and i'll get a second season planned soon.

From a friend who has already started reading ahead of me the next books to adapt are full of you,shiroyasha,kurousagi and
Pest
so i'll be VERY angry at the anime world if i can't see more animated.

Pet Girl of Sakurasou 23
tumblr_mjvvdaDser1rggirqo1_500.gif

Graduation episodes always get to me in anime. The whole episode was so good and memorable. Unforgettable.
Misaki's speech and going through every moment and tying it in to their life and then the individual moments of each character was so well done and really emotional. And even tears of joy. Kanda kuns statements really got to me there when he was like wishing that they didnt ever have to leave and such. And then when Misaki thanked the teacher too

Hope that means no Sakurasou demolished, the staff cant agree to it now, I guess with support from everybody in attendance

Theres lots a final episode could show, no one wants to see the characters try to reach their
thus far, apart from mashiro, everyone is still not achieved nothing, I though, no game from Kanda, no voice acting for Aoyama, Jin has his writing to work on,

cajunator

Banned
still it appears it has generated some light on the novels and the kuro usagi figurines prices are way too high for a serie nobody liked so i'd assume and i hope nobody will be dumb and i'll get a second season planned soon.

From a friend who has already started reading ahead of me the next books to adapt are full of you,shiroyasha,kurousagi and
Pest

the kurousagi figures aren't expensive at all.
Hopefully a Shiroyasha one gets released too.

Nafe

I've always wanted to get into Kamen Rider, toku is just mahou shoujo for boys anyway.

Yeah, I had heard of Kamen Rider but knew nothing about it and when I decided I'd like to try watching one, the currently airing Kamen Rider Wizard was just starting, so that was a nice bit of luck. The CG can be distracting and bad just like in anime but the fights are entertaining enough, the main character Haruto's a pretty cool guy and it has it's comedy moments. Last weeks episodes was one of the best for some of it's gags.

Speaking of Mahou Shoujo for boys, Kamen Rider Wizard actually airs just before Doki Doki PreCure!(Smile before that), haha.

iwqyk5pMsXMKK.gif

Borrowed from the Toku thread.

Seeing that gif just brought back a lot of memories when I used to watch Power Rangers back in the day. Good times.

Zyuranger which the first Power Rangers borrowed the suits and some fight footage from is much much different from Power Rangers.

Imagine taking the suits from Star Wars for the stormtroopers and Darth Vader as well as props like light sabers and some combat footage from the Death Star battle at the end and then going and making up your own characters and stories with those items. That's kind of what it's like.

One of the first differences you'll note is that the yellow ranger is a guy in the Japanese original and then made into a girl for Power Rangers.

Jarmel

Banned
iWqIF8vAqIwmw.jpg

Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team

Directed by: Takeyuki Kanda and Umanosuke Iida

Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket

Directed by: Fumihiko Takayama

I'm noticing a pattern.

iiN4wizsDgSYl.jpg

Anyway, he didn't do bad against a Gundam though, especially in a Zaku. Goddamn at that rule though,
Gundams can only take out Gundams
. Yea I'm not sure if I like this more than 8th Team but I think I do. The personal level in the show really does a great job of getting the anti-war theme across better than any of the other shows. By withholding Gundam battles, it actually makes the ones we get more special. The opening battle in episode 1 was really awesome, mainly in regards to how the mobile suits moved. There is also a bigger emphasis on tactics which I really enjoyed. It actually felt like people had brains in the show. The show really did a great job in getting across how fatal these battles are in a much more effective manner compared to regular Gundam. Some of the mech shots were gorgeous and I think the background artists did a really notable job. I'm not wild about some of the music selections such as the use of the OP in the final episode as it feels really out of place. I thought the final scene was very well done in that the audience can see how Al has changed. I was actually surprised by the fact that I didn't hate Al throughout this and I found his relationship with Bernie rather charming.

iemf5pOZ4lZuh.jpg

I wish more Gundam was like this instead of the ridiculous space opera shit and Newtype space sex.

Ultimadrago

Had an awesome week in Vegas, so I'm an episode or more behind everything in Backlog Season. I'll see if I can play catch-up.

Hataraki Man 10

Be cautious of who you admire; they can be sacrificing more than meets the eye. On another note, the
painting man
sure was an odd way of shedding Kaji's character. Her
nakedness
was accented her sexually and the event of her sharing information about herself that she didn't in the workplace. Perhaps Hiro helped her find the strength to share even a bit of her personal thought in the workplace. Her natural disposition in the workplace makes for an ideal observer, which Hiro brings up in the ending. It felt quite different from past episodes in structure, but I'd credit Kaji herself to that more than overall direction. Did it accomplish as well as others? Decently. I still find myself greatly preferring a number of others, but again, I find it's more about Kaji's personality that made for an episode that was both mildly intriguing, but too odd and alien in its progression to enjoy as much as I have others.

wonzo

Banned
Girls und Panzer 11

moetanks11.jpg

It's been far too long since the last episode but my god was it worth it. All the charming little quirks mixed in with the incredibly engaging strategic back and forth and visually beautiful composition make this easily one of the best episodes yet. I can't wait for the final episode and fortunately I'll only have to wait a week this time!

Steins;Gate 17

Bleh. Ok so I really dislike
Faris's reasoning for undoing the d-mail, and Kyouma's acceptance of it. Yes her father died in the initial timeline, but given that Mayuri is dying in every timeline there's little indication that she wouldn't die in the same timeline that Faris's father died. And Kyouma is being incredibly selfish. How many lives is he going to ruin to save a single person? I really hope that the only way to bring about a future without the dystopia will involve the acceptance of Mayuri's death. However, I doubt that will be the case.

Also I will throw a fit if
Ruka ends up undoing her dmail with some bullshit anti-transexual line like "I should be happy with my real self, as a guy." She isn't a guy at all.

jbug617

Banned
Girls Und Panzer 11

You almost forget how fun the show is because of the hiatus. From the tank fights to the interactions with the girls, everything flows great. Also the soundtrack is really good.

duckroll

Girls und Panzer - Episode 11

Yessssssssss. This sure was worth the wait. It's exciting, thrilling, and entertaining. Everything I loved about the show in the first place. This 3-part final battle is really worthy of being the climax of the series. They really put a ton of effort into making a show about girls in tanks being so goddamn fun. Next week's finale is going to be SO GOOD. I can feel it! Yoshida all over my face! Jinsei Best Ten, Girls und Panzer, Saint Seiya Omega, Majestic Prince. It's going to be an awesome few weeks of Yoshida Power! :D

Gundam Seed HD Remaster bd 30
tumblr_mjw1v5tgxc1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Partial explanation was decent but I wish it lasted longer
SEED being a literal Seed I guess, based on the Reverands statement but he only said a sentence :/
, though Kira scene and response for it was really well done and still emotional. I like how he and Athrun at least experience the same thing. I cant wait for the day they meet back up, specifically Athruns reaction.

2nd half was incredibly intense.
Dearka having to dodge like crazy from crazy Mila, Flay acting as terrible as usual and just way too over the top, really trying to get on Sai and faking to deny her feelings for Kira, and then wanting to shoot Dearka, and Mila jumping back in front of it, what even? They all need to get some rest or something or else there may be deaths for some of these characters, especially if La Crueset launches some assault on this base.

Pest

does the novel make more sense? Cause I'm not sure if the show is skipping on important shit, or I feel like they just talking nonsense.

jgminto

Inferno Cop Finale

Well that's it. The greatest anime of our generation has come to an end. I may as well never watch anime again, it'll never be topped.

Also I REALLY want the soundtrack now.

Syrinx

Futari wa Pretty Cure 33

Why is the lacrosse team so big at this school? I'm sure it's a fine game (my experience with it is limited to eighth grade gym where nobody could catch the ball so we pretty much just played hockey with lacrosse sticks), but I've never seen it so popular at a school before. And why's the vice principal so into it?

That's the first time you've made a shot, Shiho? Kinda hard to believe, since the goalies are laughably bad. Like, she just moved her stick down a little. She didn't try to block it or anything. And she's an improvement over the goalies in previous episodes who didn't do shit. Martin Brodeur am cry.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, I think right now I'm enjoying Heartcatch about equal with how I enjoyed Smile PreCure!. Smile was definitely aptly named in my opinion as it certainly put a smile on my face(most of the time anyway). I really want to watch the movie but I kind of want to drag my heels on it as well because then it will be over for Smile. :( I did the same thing for K-On and it's movie, haha. so mono no aware...

I guess there's still the crossover movies too. I wonder how long it will be before the PreCure movies of that type will rival the Super Sentai crossover movies and have just a bajillion characters on screen like this...

http://i.imgur.com/sj2V3.gif
Taste the rainbow!!!

If they can keep tricking girls into watching the show, I figure they will need to make the all star movies 5 hours long just to fit everyone in them. :p

The mirai figurine doesn't nearly have enough details on it for the price they ask.. no thanks

The other are alright even if better at this price than the original price.

does the novel make more sense? Cause I'm not sure if the show is skipping on important shit, or I feel like they just talking nonsense.

Well so far the anime skipped only a very lenghty explanation of the world setting and got all the facts rights ( all importants events in the first 2 books ). A little bit rushed but still adequate.

You only feel like they are talking nonsense because it's hasn't been explained enough how the world is a giant ( like really huge ) world of possibilities and they haven't explained enough of the hiearchy of everything working in it.
The fact that facts , legends , possibilities co-exist is quite a blank canvas for anything to happen .. and then you have demon worlds, protectors , nobles ,annomalies , summonned beings, inhabitants and so on.. However i feel like i've understood better how it works now than by just watching the anime.
But that is the case with pretty much every LN i read after watching an anime ..cutting things for the sake of adapting stuff in motion is expected. ..still this anime should have used more episodes, not in the last arc IMo , but before that.

In the end one of the good things this anime have done is the very quick pacing and you never feel bored.

Andrew J.

Girls und Panzer 11

Is that thing even legal? The Panzer VIII Maus never even left the prototype stage, for fuck's sake! It's like the tank version of the overpowered test model you see in giant robot shows.

cajunator

Banned
The mirai figurine doesn't nearly have enough details on it for the price they ask.. no thanks

The other are alright even if better at this price than the original price.

Well so far the anime skipped only a very lenghty explanation of the world setting and got all the facts rights ( all importants events in the first 2 books ). A little bit rushed but still adequate.

You only feel like they are talking nonsense because it's hasn't been explained enough how the world is a giant ( like really huge ) world of possibilities and they haven't explained enough of the hiearchy of everything working in it.
The fact that facts , legends , possibilities co-exist is quite a blank canvas for anything to happen .. and then you have demon worlds, protectors , nobles ,annomalies , summonned beings, inhabitants and so on.. However i feel like i've understood better how it works now than by just watching the anime.
But that is the case with pretty much every LN i read after watching an anime ..cutting things for the sake of adapting stuff in motion is expected. ..still this anime should have used more episodes, not in the last arc IMo , but before that.

In the end one of the good things this anime have done is the very quick pacing and you never feel bored.

Mirai is a cast-off. thats probably why it is more expensive.

Girls und Panzer 11

Is that thing even legal? The Panzer VIII Maus never even left the prototype stage, for fuck's sake! It's like the tank version of the overpowered test model you see in giant robot shows.

Hey maybe in this anime dimension it was completed ..it's "tanks are superior" dimension after all ?
Better this is a rich school so that's even a better possibility.
The fact that TEA girl isn't even remotely surprised indicates that this isn't the first time they use this.
Mirai is a cast-off. thats probably why it is more expensive.

Still not enough details ( and i have some cast-off figs at home ) i can't unsee the hands .

cajunator

Banned
Hey maybe in this anime dimension it was completed ..it's "tanks are superior" dimension after all ?
Better this is a rich school so that's even a better possibility.
The fact that TEA girl isn't even remotely surprised indicates that this isn't the first time they use this.

Still not enough details ( and i have some cast-off figs at home ) i can't unsee the hands .

What about the hands?
They seem to be modeled rather nicely...

yami4ct

I wish more Gundam was like this instead of the ridiculous space opera shit and Newtype space sex.

As much as, being a massive gundam fan, I love the space opera BS, I have to agree. Gundam needs more variety. It's OK to have the typical newtype, space opera stuff, just have a good mix of other things there as well. Give me some more over the top super robot crap like G and some straightforward War Dramas like 0080 and 08th MS Team. I'm OK with Gundam however I get it, barring it's not AGE or Destiny levels of bad, but I'd love it even more if we could have some different styles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom