• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

Girls und Panzer - 11

Man, totally worth the wait. Loved how
fucking imposing the Maus was, it was total boss time.
It's been quite a while now but I don't remember the effects looking this good before.

Branduil

Girls und Panzer - 11

Man, totally worth the wait. Loved how
fucking imposing the Maus was, it was total boss time.
It's been quite a while now but I don't remember the effects looking this good before.

Well it seems like production value should improve when you take months to make something.

Dresden

Mashiro won with the last episode of the show, what's there to argue about? Loserguy declared his love at the airport and that was that.

Defuser

HxfXIr2.jpg

I'm glad I'm not the only one that who find this scene unrealistic.

Branduil

Man it's terrible they would ruin my suspension of disbelief in this show about Japanese school girls fighting in WWII-era tanks my having one of them jump a little too far to be believable.

Articalys

You know, even after everything, I don't think I ever learned how 2ch felt about InfernoCop. Were they mostly indifferent to it or what? Do they even know it exists?

Defuser

Man it's terrible they would ruin my suspension of disbelief in this show about Japanese school girls fighting in WWII-era tanks my having one of them jump a little too far to be believable.

I can overlook the settings but not the physics behind it. She practically broke the world record and putting all atheletes to shame.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
GODLY GUNDAM 24

Best Gundam?
Best Gundam.
BEST. GUNDAM.

No seriously, what do you want out of a Gundam show? WE GOT IT HERE FOLKS. DO you want action? Romance? Suspense? TRUE FRIENDSHIP? FIGHTING SPIRIT? Ridiculously quotable lines? Compelling villains? Problematic space colonies? A GUNDAM USING A ROPE OF ENERGY TO BOUNCE FROM GUIANA TO HONG KONG IN MERE MINUTES? Absurdist humor? titillation? Hot Gundam on Gundam action?

WE HAVE ALL THIS AND MORE. SO MUCH MORE.

BEST. GUNDAM.
Best Gundam.
Best Gundam!

Hasn't even begun to get good.

Jintor

Girls und Panzer 11

Urrrrrghhhhhhhh come on FINALE TIME

So good. These tank battles are rad as fuck. Next can I have a starfighting anime plz

duckroll

Actually Girls und Panzer takes place in an alternate reality where Mars succeeded in his plan in Saint Seiya Omega, and created a better world on Mars at the expense of our sinful and unrepentant Earth.

Same writer. It has to be true.

Smile Precure! Movie of Forever

Man, being my first Precure series, seeing this movie end is pretty bittersweet. Still had all the fun energy from the TV show and definitely felt like an extended episode.

The fight was great, those transformation scenes were glorious.
I had a good laugh when the Demon King basically smashed through the big phoenix they been spamming in the TV show.

I'm happy so I gotta smile, but I just wish there was more.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Smile Precure! Movie of Forever

Man, being my first Precure series, seeing this movie end is pretty bittersweet. Still had all the fun energy from the TV show and definitely felt like an extended episode.

The fight was great, those transformation scenes were glorious.
I had a good laugh when the Demon King basically smashed through the big phoenix they been spamming in the TV show.

I'm happy so I gotta smile, but I just wish there was more.

I wanna watch it, but I don't want the story to end. :(

duckroll

March 2013 Yoshida Power List:

Tamako Market #9
Jinsei Best Ten
Girls und Panzer #11
Girls und Panzer #12
Tamako Market #11
Tamako Market #12
Saint Seiya Omega #50
Saint Seiya Omega #51

Sogood.gif

So Nourin might be getting an anime.

Young Gangan is promising a 'big announcement' in their next issue.

Plot Summary:
When the national idol Kusakabe Yuka suddenly retired from the entertainment business, it shocked the world and it devastated teenager Hata Kosaku. Kosaku was Yuka’s biggest fan and her departure left him depressed. His classmates at the Tamo Agriculture School finally are able to get him to leave his room and attend his class, but to everyone’s amazement, Kusakabe Yuka (her stage name) comes into the class under the name Kinoshita Ringo as a transfer student. Kosaku realizes he has the once in a lifetime opportunity to get to personally know his dream girl and, together with his group of friends, try to find out why she is here and become closer than just classmates.

Jex

[Girls und Panzer] - 11

The normal thing to do after delaying your episodes this long would be to air them together.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
If Arakawa somehow creates a new trend of anime/mango being set in AGRICULTURAL high school I will laugh and laugh and laugh.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Here and now, I declare that I'll no longer watch things just because they involve the horrors of IDOL CULTURE. This is beyond my limit.

duckroll

http://animeanime.jp/article/2013/03/16/13325.html
http://www.nhk.or.jp/ashita/pdf/anime_hanahasaku.pdf

MAPPA has produced an animated music video for the NHK Earthquake Charity Song "Hana wa Saku" which was composed by Yoko Kanno. The music video will be aired on NHK this week on 3/20 (10:50 am) and 3/23 (1:10 am). Akemi Hayashi worked on key animation in it.

Some other credits:

Concept: Fumiyo Kono
Director: Sunao Katabuchi
Unit Director: Chie Uratani
Character Design/Animation Director: Shizue Kaneko
Animation Production: MAPPA

424pOQL.jpg

Branduil

MAPPA has produced an animated music video for the NHK Earthquake Charity Song "Hana wa Saku" which was composed by Yoko Kanno. The music video will be aired on NHK this week on 3/20 (10:50 am) and 3/23 (1:10 am). Akemi Hayashi worked on key animation in it.

Some other credits:

424pOQL.jpg

Hype.

Dresden

Some other credits:

I wonder if that's how the Fumiyo Kono adaptation might look in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom