• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Now I feel a bit bad for thinking Nourin might be something I like. Is it supposed to be really bad or something? It just sounded like a generic high school slice of life with a silly twist to it. And I've watched plenty of those, so...

Branduil

Now I feel a bit bad for thinking Nourin might be something I like. Is it supposed to be really bad or something? It just sounded like a generic high school slice of life with a silly twist to it. And I've watched plenty of those, so...

It sounds like a generic high school romcom with a lazy and opportunistic twist.

Sure, it's not impossible it could be well done, just extremely unlikely. 99% of the time, the premise and artwork for a show are accurate predictors of its quality.

wonzo

Banned
If Arakawa somehow creates a new trend of anime/mango being set in AGRICULTURAL high school I will laugh and laugh and laugh.
Everyone forgets about Moyashimon :( (i know that's set in a university but still!!)

More anime character designs and a teaser poster for Hunter x Hunter's Chimera Ant arc:
The Chimera Ant arc's gonna own so much with better pacing if the Greed Island arc's anything to go by.

http://animeanime.jp/article/2013/03/16/13325.html
http://www.nhk.or.jp/ashita/pdf/anime_hanahasaku.pdf

MAPPA has produced an animated music video for the NHK Earthquake Charity Song "Hana wa Saku" which was composed by Yoko Kanno. The music video will be aired on NHK this week on 3/20 (10:50 am) and 3/23 (1:10 am). Akemi Hayashi worked on key animation in it.

Some other credits:

Concept: Fumiyo Kono
Director: Sunao Katabuchi
Unit Director: Chie Uratani
Character Design/Animation Director: Shizue Kaneko
Animation Production: MAPPA
Can't wait.

HxfXIr2.jpg

I'm glad I'm not the only one that who find this scene unrealistic.

4e1FAWf.png

duckroll

This is going to be so damn good. Hopefully Togashi gets off his ass soon so this great adaptation doesn't have to end.

How much time do you reckon he has left to get off his ass before it becomes impossible to create enough content to continue the anime without a filler arc or a hiatus?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
How much time do you reckon he has left to get off his ass before it becomes impossible to create enough content to continue the anime without a filler arc or a hiatus?

We still have over 150 chapters to adapt, but IIRC a lot of the ones in the upcoming arc are shorter than usual. Of course I could be way off on that because it's been so long :(

Either way, we're probably good for another half year at least, but I doubt the guy will actually come back by then. The likeliest scenario is they'll adapt the next 2 arcs without messing up the pacing and then just ending it there. Until Togashi gives me a reason to believe in him, that's the prediction I'm sticking with.

Shergal

I think the finale for Tamako will be good. They've already surprised me with how they handled the stuff in ep 9, so they can surely do it again for the end!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I think the finale for Tamako will be good. They've already surprised me with how they handled the stuff in ep 9, so they can surely do it again for the end!
We live in a world where Tamako will grow into a 40 year old woman, become a Saint and save Earth, then pilot a tank all the way to the remote island where she will meet a prince that will ultimately disappoint her.

:Yoshida.

Jintor

What was our unofficial policy for image-heavy posts? Because the latest episode of Love Live has some god damn amazing faces and I want to get all of them

trejo

We live in a world where Tamako will grow into a 40 year old woman, become a Saint and save Earth, then pilot a tank all the way to the remote island where she will meet a prince that will ultimately disappoint her.

:Yoshida.

I'm fine with all this as long as Mochizou remains forever in the friend zone.

Articalys

Weekly Sales Rankings for March 11-17:

Blu-ray
*1, 5,532 *5,532 K vol.7
*2, 5,354 *5,354 K vol.6
*3, 2,953 45,833 Nekomonogatari: Kuro vol.1 Limited Edition
*4, 1,170 34,706 Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki Blu-ray
*5, *,749 11,108 Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki Blu-ray + DVD
*6, *,498 *5,294 Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru vol.1 Limited Edition
*7, *,482 27,313 Sword Art Online vol.5 Limited Edition
*9, *,415 *2,773 GJ-bu vol.1
10, *,375 23,598 Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 vol.4

DVD
*1, 2,695 *,**2,695 K vol.7
*2, 2,638 *,*36,154 Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki DVD
*3, 2,528 *,**2,528 K vol.6
*4, 1,891 *,**8,734 Initial D Fifth Stage vol.3
*6, *,786 *,***,786 Himitsukessha Taka no Tsume NEO vol.5
*7, *,690 *,**6,344 Nekomonogatari: Kuro vol.1 Limited Edition
*8, *,656 *,**4,399 Aikatsu! vol.1
*9, *,558 1,182,584 Tonari no Totoro
16, *,380 *,*19,531 Kuroko no Basket vol.8
17, *,379 *,**6,117 Kamiusagi Rope
18, *,376 *,**6,272 Kamiusagi Rope 3
19, *,343 *,500,667 Majo no Takkyuubin
20, *,340 *,**7,736 Yorinuki Gintama-san On Theater 2D Kabuki-cho Shitennoh Hen Limited Edition
22, *,337 *,**5,840 Kamiusagi Rope Movie
26, *,316 *,**6,749 Kamiusagi Rope 2
30, *,291 *,*10,649 Initial D Fifth Stage vol.2

Single CD
10, 10,979 10,979 Gintama "Sakuramitsutsuki"
11, 10,881 10,881 Magi "The Bravery"
18, *6,717 41,435 Magi "Matataku Hoshi no Shita de"
23, *5,016 25,981 Psycho-Pass "All Alone With You"
24, *4,180 82,063 Doraemon: Nobita no Himitsu Dogu Hakubutsukan "Mirai no Museum"
29, *3,147 16,609 Love Live! School Idol Project "Korekara no Someday" "Wonder zone"
30, *3,087 13,115 Dokidoki! Precure "Happy Go Lucky! DokiDoki! Precure" "Kono Sora no Mukoh"
31, *2,753 13,746 Psycho-Pass "Out of Control"
47, *1,683 *1,683 Precure All Stars New Stage 2: Kokoro no Tomodachi "Precure ~Eien no Tomodashi~ 2013 version" "Minna Tomodachi"

Another slow week with almost nothing new. A bunch of stuff hits this week though, so expect some big numbers next time.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
What was our unofficial policy for image-heavy posts? Because the latest episode of Love Live has some god damn amazing faces and I want to get all of them
Since the faces are half the reason to watch the show why would you want to ruin it before anyone else has the chance to see it?

If I collage everything into one or two images then what?
See above.

Reknoc

You could also read the actual volumes instead of scans.

Or Togashi could have done his job right the first time.

Better yet how long will it take Togashi to realise it'd be easier just to give madhouse character designs and the story and just them finish his series while he just cancels the manga.

wonzo

Banned
Better yet how long will it take Togashi to realise it'd be easier just to give madhouse character designs and the story and just them finish his series while he just cancels the manga.
I can seriously (and hopefully) see this happening after the recent HxH movie!

Articalys

The official site for the Kiniro Mosaic 4koma-based girls comedy anime is now live with the anime designs:

http://www.kinmosa.com/
The story begins with Shinobu Ōmiya, a 15-year-old, seemingly "pure Japanese" girl who actually did a homestay in Great Britain. Even after coming back to Japan, she still misses her time overseas. One day, an air mail letter arrives from Alice, the girl in Shinobu's host family in Great Britain. The letter reads, "Shinobu, I'm coming to Japan!" The "Japanese/British girls' mixed comedy" follows the lives of Shinobu, Alice, and other girls from both Japan and Great Britain.
Starts airing in July, animated by Studio Gokumi.

Reknoc

Blond girl (who I'm assuming is the british girl) is too cheerful, inaccurate series confirmed.

I can seriously (and hopefully) see this happening after the recent HxH movie!

Haha, yea... that probably would be best for everyone actually.

No waiting forever for a new chapter, no chicken scratches when a new chapter does finally emerge, no waiting for the DLC Volumes to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom