• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Berserk will be first

It's the best

NO if you didn't like the serious plot , it didn't change at all.
However this new season is all comedy and misunderstandings and "i want to be hayate girlfriend" term of plot .

The new season is actually set Before the one that just aired so it might be easier for you to understand things.

Sweet will watch then. Who's making?

Chihiyafuru S1 1-12

The more I watch, the more I like. Really good stuff so far. I wasn't sure going in how much I would enjoy it but the characters (particularly Chihaya and Kana-chan) have grown on me.

cajunator

Banned
Futari Wa Precure Max Heart 13

Nagisa gets into an argument with her mom and says things she will probably regret.
Nagisa is tough. She doesn't need a sweater outside in the cold.
Oops! she got sick! Who saw that coming?
Her "terrible" mom takes care of her but then gets sick herself.
Dark Kingdom does their thing.
Precures do their thing.
Another heartiel shows up.
Nagisa learns how important it is to appreciate her mother for what she has done for her.
Nagisa hurries home with some food for her sick mom only to find that she is pretty much well again but is really happy to see her.
Pretty straightforward, this one.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
About to buy this
tumblr_midm28PwaA1qc54cio1_500.jpg

cajunator

Banned
Futari Wa Precure Max Heart 14

Nagisa wants to express a bit of her feelings for Fujipi.
He has a soccer game coming up, so she makes a flag to cheer him on. Except that she doesn't have the guts to unfurl it and show him. Silly Nagisa.
Villain shows up at the field. The Precures take the battle elsewhere so as not to disrupt the game.
By the way, this is the episode where MadPierrot's gif of Nagisa comes from. Its about 2 seconds worth of easily missed footage.
Anyway, Shiny Luminous does her whole paralyzing attack, but the villain is strong and just shakes it off. The Precures successfully fend off his attack and defeat the Zakenna, which was mostly useless, and return to the soccer game. Nagisa works up the courage to unfurl the flag, which just says "Go Fujipi Senpai". How expressing something like that takes guts I have no idea. I suppose since this is a kids show, even the little things seem like a very big deal. Oh yes, and of course Fujipi makes the game winning goal after being inspired by Nagisa's flag! How else would this end?

Blood Lad is finally confirmed for the Summer season, starting in July. They're having a special presentation at ACE, probably to announce the voice cast. The site also updated with a new all-characters key visual:

Get hype! Wasn't expecting one of the first summer shows announced to be a good one. Show of the season!

Articalys

Fun fact for Girls und Panzer fans: the day episode 11 aired, traffic to the Japanese Wikipedia article for
the Panzer VIII Maus
severely spiked, jumping from daily pageviews in the low 200s (about the average for the last couple months) to over eight thousand.

Ultimadrago

faridmon

I know I am not profilic here, but its my birthday!!!!
The catch is, I have a uni project to prepare for tomorrow! But whatever, celebrating birthdays is overrated/Cognetive Dissonance

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's not a perfect series, but it was almost always interesting. If the idea of a show about the problems faced by real adults working in a Japanese office excites you, it's a show worth seeing.

Now what are you lazing around for?
http://i.minus.com/ielWK6UXgG3o0.jpg
zeroshiki has taken some life lessons from this show, I'm sure! lol

The catch is, I have a uni project to prepare for tomorrow! But whatever, celebrating birthdays is overrated/Cognetive Dissonance
Happy aging event!

Its just a ring. It took a few seconds to even realize it was Yuno's face.

I know, but once I realized what it was I started automatically doing the budget calculations in my head. lol

Happy Birthday! Hope you have some time to do something fun at least.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

happy birthday! I usually google a pic of a birthday cake relevant to the person's interests but since I don't know yours and there's Hidamari talk on the page:

Syrinx

Futari wa Pretty Cure 34

So I don't know how the baddies haven't figured out that Porun is the one who holds the power of the Prism Stones, but alas, they haven't.

Is it me, or is Honoka getting pushed aside a bit in this last handful of episodes?

cajunator

Banned
Futari wa Pretty Cure 34

So I don't know how the baddies haven't figured out that Porun is the one who holds the power of the Prism Stones, but alas, they haven't.

Is it me, or is Honoka getting pushed aside a bit in this last handful of episodes?

Its not just you. they went full on Nagisa world in the last portion of the show.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Otona Joshi no Anime Time - Supper

Well, this was kinda sexist. I mean, maybe I'm just over-thinking things a bit but the whole "woman finding her place in the kitchen" thing and the "pet at home" stuff the love interesting was going on about was just... yeesh. It could just be the ramblings of an incredibly depressed woman living away from her loveless husband finding solace in the arms of a garbo but it still manages to rub me the wrong way.
Maybe it's because I watched Desperate Housewives, but the things it was touching on was mostly rote in terms of a woman being trapped in a loveless marriage and, funny enough,
being freed from it by the husband.

I will say, there's a neo-feminist/post-third-wave feminist argument that suggests being a housewife should be allowed to be considered an occupation. Of course, in this case, one wonders if her husband is still supporting her or something.

And that's before I even touch on the the "live-action" stuff which is pretty jarring during the hand close-ups but it fortunately isn't anywhere near as bad as the first special was:
Now imagine that low poly CG Taxi effortlessly slide off into the horizon of the photoshopped anal disaster and you'd have the perfect mental image of the absolute worst that CG cars and filtered backgrounds/video have to offer.
*thumbsup*
Watching Natsu no Sora and then watching this again, this did look a bit wackier. At least most of the in home scenes looked decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom