• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metrotab

Banned
Hataraki Man - 11 (END)

Well, that wraps the first show up. A bit sad though, was rooting for a happy end all the way.

Guess work comes ahead of your private life after all...

This show was good. Decent cast, showed some different stuff and had a remarkably smooth characterisation. I rate it 7/10.

Articalys

And the initial dub cast for Accel World is confirmed:
Haruyuki Arita: Erik Scott Kimerer (Inugami in NURA: Rise of the Yokai Clan)

Kuroyukihime: Kira Buckland (Izumo Kamiki in Blue Exorcist, Madoka Kyouno in Rinne no Lagrange)

Takumu Mayuzumi: Lucien Dodge (Waver Velvet in Fate/Zero)

Chiyuri Kurashima: Michelle T. Hseih

Niko: Sarah Anne Williams (Sayaka Miki in Madoka Magica)

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon] 013
Si3iK0Q.jpg
Woah. I wish Toei hadn't spoiled the climax in the episode's title (Toei gonna Toei), but
were the writers seriously okay with having a fucking airplane roll over Jadeite just like that? Even if they asspulled him at the last moment only to encase him in ice, that's a brutal depiction of the Sailor Senshi.
Goddamn.

I thought it was funny how at the end this became a confrontation between patriarchy and girl power, quite literally. Fight the Man, girls!
Wait, you are worried about that now?

Syrinx

Woah. I wish Toei hadn't spoiled the climax in the episode's title (Toei gonna Toei), but
were the writers seriously okay with having a fucking airplane roll over Jadeite just like that? Even if they asspulled him at the last moment only to encase him in ice, that's a brutal depiction of the Sailor Senshi.
Goddamn.

I thought it was funny how at the end this became a confrontation between patriarchy and girl power, quite literally. Fight the Man, girls!

Wait, you are worried about that now?

Collateral damage ain't love and justice, yo.

cajunator

Banned
Not nearly high enough. I have standards.

But they are striped, so I guess that's something. I suppose I will be needing to satisfy my carnal desires to see her doing the nasty sometime in the near future. Like sometime in the next 5 minutes.

well if you cant find any I suppose I could draw something.

Metrotab

Banned
Wandering Son - 11 (END)

A nice, happy ending. Can't go wrong with that. Although I'm interested in what happens next in Nitori's life.

The protagonist was definitely the most interesting thing about this show. But ultimately I never really felt engaged, except for the first performance of the play.

The atmosphere was really good though. Reminded me of KimiKiss. I'm gonna rate this show 6/10.

Metrotab

Banned
You didn't watch the complete version! Your episode 10 was just a compilation of the actual (full length) episodes 10 and 11. There are 12 episodes total (plus that compilation episode you watched, I guess).

Are you kidding me? What? Why? Why would someone do such a thing?!

Guess I'll watch those later to 'fill in' whatever blanks I have.

CorvoSol

Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory 5

BAHAHAHAHA. HIGH COMEDY. No way can this show be meant to be taken seriously. The only reasonable moment was when the villain pointed out that developing a nuclear armed Gundam was a dick move on the Federation's part. Otherwise, it was a bunch of supposed professionals, acting like absolute children.

PLEASE tell me that "Spacenoids" and "Earthnoids" are terrible terms confined to this show and this show alone.

SPACENOIDS.

Kids on the slope 6

Seiji got a great voice (murasame in Hakkenden, Eiji Nizuma). So I hope he gets even more screentime. Interesting addition to the plot just for character interaction and development alone.

And the initial dub cast for Accel World is confirmed:

Best news of today! No air date?

Edit oh the email with the cast said it

Mark your calendars! April 19th is just the start of all our NEW premieres! Our jam-packed new season contains the English world premieres of Accel World, Zetman and Fate/Zero, plus brand new episodes of NARUTO Shippuden, the entire Bleach series from the very beginning, and new seasons of LAGRANGE - The Flower of Rin-ne -, Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan DEMON CAPITAL and Nana, just to name a few.

Theonik

Blossom

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/18780843/anime/blossom.jpg

A beautiful animated 5 minute short for charity to the Tohoku Earthquake victims directed by Yamakan. It's pretty safe to say its the best thing he's ever done yet so great job, Yamakan.

It also seems the version upon on crunchyroll & youtube replaced the music and the words with some song by Sigur Ros but apparently this all came out on DVD months ago so s'all good.
Oh, thanks for that. I watched it on CR. Will watch the proper version later.

your hate to Tomino's gundam are delicious.

MSG and Zeta were great.
You say this, but Jexhius likes Turn A Gundam which is also Tomino.

HeartCatch PreCure! 20

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/18780843/anime/heartcatch20.jpg

Oh my god, two annoying little mascots are bad enough but a third one that's also a babby!?!?!?

DO

NOT

WANT

I just.... there's no way... just no, no third Precure is worth this horror. :(
Fortunately as bad as potpuri is the third PreCure more than makes up for it.

Not a single show by SHAFT in the new season.
Fuck this shit.
Anime is dead
to me
This can only be good news. Only bad thing is that there is no KyoAni show either. A real shame.

I was waiting for something like this!

Dang guys, I leave for a couple days and you guys have a massive Eva discussion and someone has started watching School Days? Why does all the awesome happen when I'm not here?
I know right? Feel totally left out!

Aqua Lion EVOL 3

This show is stupid and has sex innuendos everywhere but I'm loving it!
You say this like it's a bad thing.

Hold the phone.

Sailor Moon has brooms up crotches, and panty shots and stuff?!
http://minus.com/lJZqFeQZWcTIV But did you need to know that to watch it in the first place?

JoJo 23-

What the fuck at that last line.
It should be obvious enough if you were paying attention when the whole
Lisa Lisa being the child that survived the boat thing
was revealed as it was stated at the start of the show that
that baby married JoJo's unborn child to make this JoJo

Whoever still has it.
Just when I deleted it from my filestore. Making me do more work!

http://www.animemirai.jp/news.php?p=153

Little Witch Academia will air on MBS on April 1 at 26:15 (that's 2:15 AM on April 2 for normal people). The other crappy one by Zexcs airs right after that, but I don't think anyone cares since it was already on Nicovideo previously (and it sucks).
OH HELL YES!

My Little Pony should be in the thread title.
Spring of Anime 2013 |OT| Friendship Magic and Majestic Princes

duckroll

MAPPA's music video for Hana wa Saku which I mentioned yesterday aired on NHK. Hopefully it'll be available online shortly. It was pretty nice. Reminded me a bit of Ghibli's animation style for stuff like Yamadas, although the backgrounds were normal and not watercolor-ish.

CorvoSol

GTO 25

This episode deals with the super hot also a stripper maybe a prostitute definitely also works for Mary Kay new Nurse. Of course all the boys and Onizuka are taken with her right away. Something I didn't understand in this episode and very much would like explained to me: three students were painted in what appeared to be black make up all over their bodies, almost like black face. If someone could explain that it would be pretty cool.

Anyway, the chief tension for the episode was Fuyutsuki's extreme dislike for Nao's use of sex to convince students to do her bidding. Also her jealousy that Onizuka was displaying an inordinate amount of attention for Nao and ignoring her.

One interesting thing, though, was that Nao mentioned that the joint she worked at required the strippers to pay a fee to go on stage which, if they did not earn back, they would be required to pay to the store.

I don't know how much anybody here KNOWS about gentlemen's clubs, but this happened in my hometown, shutting down a chain of strip joints across the state. The reason why is that these fees tend to be so high girls cannot hope to recoup their losses on stage, and are instead encouraged to take clients to the back, where they prostitute themselves for further money.

So when Fuyutsuki guessed that Nao was selling products and making bets because she really needed the money, she was right. The school nurse is trapped in a cycle of debt and prostitution with her strip club, and is using her position as school nurse in an attempt to break free, meaning that Fuyutsuki's well-intentioned attempt to get her to act ethically and cease her sales is thrusting her back in that direction.

Which is surprisingly gray for a character like Fuyutsuki, who is normally the cast's moral compass.

Jarmel

Banned
So in prep for Railgun S2, I'm finishing the rest of S1 as I stopped around episode 11. I'm currently up to episode 20 and I remember why I dropped it in the first place.

GTO 25

This episode deals with the super hot also a stripper maybe a prostitute definitely also works for Mary Kay new Nurse. Of course all the boys and Onizuka are taken with her right away. Something I didn't understand in this episode and very much would like explained to me: three students were painted in what appeared to be black make up all over their bodies, almost like black face. If someone could explain that it would be pretty cool.

Ganguro was (is?) a popular style for Japanese (and other?) girls for reasons I don't feel like looking up.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer

Goddamn.
Manga spoiler:
Originally Rei incinerates him to death in the bus kidnapping story.

However, this whole
cartoon death
business doesn't last too long.

faridmon

If I have watched the Drama version of GTO, will I still enjoy the Anime? I mean, are the problems tackled any different from each other?

Jarmel

Banned
It should be obvious enough if you were paying attention when the whole
Lisa Lisa being the child that survived the boat thing
was revealed as it was stated at the start of the show that
that baby married JoJo's unborn child to make this JoJo

Well
I believe they stated earlier that both his parents were dead so I assumed that the unborn child married someone else and both of them kicked the bucket.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
School Days: Eps 9-11.

I have a few questions. Was Kotonoha raped? Why do more and more girls keep throwing themselves to Makoto? Why did Kotonoha got crazy?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
School Days: Eps 9-11.

I have a few questions.
Was Kotonoha raped?
She was not in the right state of mind to consent to sex. Under that description then yes, she was raped. That doesn't mean, however, that her partner or herself consider it rape.
Why do more and more girls keep throwing themselves to Makoto? Why did Kotonoha got crazy?
Because as soon as the girls started boning him rumours of his sexual prowess started spreading among the alumni. If there's one good attribute to Makoto's character is that he's a really good lover.

Kotonoha got crazy because abuse, bro.
[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon]

Manga spoiler:
Originally Rei incinerates him to death in the bus kidnapping story.

However, this whole
cartoon death
business doesn't last too long.
Woah.

JCG

PLEASE tell me that "Spacenoids" and "Earthnoids" are terrible terms confined to this show and this show alone.

No, both of those are nicknames but also official terms. You'll find them used elsewhere too.

Btw...since you like G Gundam so much, it would be a good idea to watch Giant Robo or Shin Mazinger if you haven't already done so.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
can you post the source of your avatar please?

I did! GJ-bu!

Unless you mean the source picture, in which case, yeah...the source picture isn't much bigger than this, so I doubt it'll do you much good. I found it through a random Google Image Search anyway, so it might not be easy to find again. Let me see what I can do.

EDIT: Well you're in luck. Here you go!

CorvoSol

No, both of those are nicknames but also official terms. You'll find them used elsewhere too.

Btw...since you like G Gundam so much it would be a good idea to watch Giant Robo or Shin Mazinger if you haven't already done so.

NOOOOOO BUT THEY'RE SO DUMB.

Maybe I should just abandon UC. Short of War in the Pocket I haven't seen anything really good since MSG. Spacenoids isn't a term I want to start taking seriously.

And I have Mazinger waiting for when I free up some space.

G Gundam 26

Not a bad episode. It's nice to see Domon get his butt handed to him, so that he doesn't get too cocky. Not sure how I feel about returning to the whole tournament stuff after the non-stop adrenaline of the Guiana arc. But I suppose that it's necessary for what I have faith will be an astounding finale.

cajunator

Banned
I did! GJ-bu!

Unless you mean the source picture, in which case, yeah...the source picture isn't much bigger than this, so I doubt it'll do you much good. I found it through a random Google Image Search anyway, so it might not be easy to find again. Let me see what I can do.

yeah thats what I meant. I definitely know who it is.

Syrinx

Futari wa Pretty Cure 36

You know one area where Porun gets major points? Always interrupting those insufferable lovey-dovey scenes between Mepple and Mipple. Fucking despised those. Now they don't last long at all, because Porun interrupts them cause he wants some of the attention too. Yep, I've come to the conclusion that Porun is much better than Mepple and Mipple. Sorry.

Kinda find it hard to buy that the way Stone Keeper escaped was the way he was planning on. Seems kinda hard to plan events like that happening.

Why was everybody so stunned when the dude diffused the Marble Screw? It isn't like that's the first time that happened. Hell, that thing hasn't had a very impressive success rate since they started fighting stronger enemies.

cajunator

Banned
Futari wa Pretty Cure 36

You know one area where Porun gets major points? Always interrupting those insufferable lovey-dovey scenes between Mepple and Mipple. Fucking despised those. Now they don't last long at all, because Porun interrupts them cause he wants some of the attention too. Yep, I've come to the conclusion that Porun is much better than Mepple and Mipple. Sorry.

Kinda find it hard to buy that the way Stone Keeper escaped was the way he was planning on. Seems kinda hard to plan events like that happening.

Why was everybody so stunned when the dude diffused the Marble Screw? It isn't like that's the first time that happened. Hell, that thing hasn't had a very impressive success rate since they started fighting stronger enemies.

high five for putting porun over those insufferable lovebirds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom