• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon] 014
aVag1Tal.jpg
C9eWc3Zl.jpg

QsMgQycl.jpg
zaXaWbAl.jpg
Saionji Nephrite > Jadeite by a fucking astronomical unit. Of course I may just be speaking because the change of formula feels fresh right now. Who knows if I will have the same opinion in twelve episodes.

It was also great to see Tuxedo Mask do something else besides cheer the girls up. Suck it, SDBurton!
Poor Naru-chan. So sidelined all the time. :(
So Japan votes on their favorite Pretty Cure.

1. Cure Passion
  2. Cure Black
  3. Cure White
  4. Cure Happy
  5. Cure Peace
  6. Cure Heart
Japan confirmed for shit taste yet again.

Theonik

Girls und Panzer 11
I missed this show so damn much. This was pretty great!
They got the damn MAUS of all things!

Vividbutts Operation 10
They really tried to make it up for the last couple of eps by being lewder than ever. BDs will be a must me thinks. I'm guessing the last 2 episodes will be a 2 parter of sorts.
Shame the way things are going the Akane x Rei OTP may not happen D:

Inferno Cop 13
Well that was interesting, new ED was nice, gotta get that OST. Trying to put my finger on which anime they were lifting this time. I recognise some of the events but can't remember where.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure 23
Cars is a piece of shit. Even Dio was more classy than this.
Wham had a real bro ending, very fitting with his character.

Well
I believe they stated earlier that both his parents were dead so I assumed that the unborn child married someone else and both of them kicked the bucket.
JoJo:
I don't remember it being stated that his parents were both dead, I think it was for the father though. It was stated that the baby that was saved was his mother pretty explicitly

Note that in the manga
while he is incinerated it is implied that he can be revived. Overall his anime death is worse I would think because it's basically eternal suffering.

Vividbutts Operation 10
They really tried to make it up for the last couple of eps by being lewder than ever. BDs will be a must me thinks. I'm guessing the last 2 episodes will be a 2 parter of sorts.
Shame the way things are going the Akane x Rei OTP may not happen D:

I don't really think it's going to happen either, but we can't give up hope! They have to dock to get to Vivid Red somehow.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon] 014

Saionji Nephrite > Jadeite by a fucking astronomical unit. Of course I may just be speaking because the change of formula feels fresh right now. Who knows if I will have the same opinion in twelve episodes.

It was also great to see Tuxedo Mask do something else besides cheer the girls up. Suck it, SDBurton!
All the Jadeite eps were basically stalling for time while the anime crew got a handle on how they were going to do the actual story. After all, even though the anime only loosely followed the concurrent manga, it still took cues from it.

Cardfight!! Vanguard Asia Circuit 88 (engDub)

Its actually more surprising in this when they actually win an a tournament round versus losing. After so long they finally make it past round one!

Im ready for Kamui to take the stage and Miwa is a perfect coach.

Branduil

Quoting from an Eva post a few months back:

I will however agree that the use of CGI for some of the angels helps accentuate their Eldritchian otherworldly horror nature, particularly in the second movie.

Man look at how utterly lazy the Rebuild animation is. In the original .gifs, there's so much more expressive motion, and the kickout in the second .gif is omitted entirely from the CGI version.

Sorry Duckroll, but the CG Evas are clearly and indisputably inferior.

duckroll

Man look at how utterly lazy the Rebuild animation is. In the original .gifs, there's so much more expressive motion, and the kickout in the second .gif is omitted entirely from the CGI version.

It's okay, I can comfort myself with the huge commercial success of the movies. Strength in numbers! Everything else is subjective! :p

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon] 015
Is it me or do Ikuhara's episodes have a tendency to draw the girls in sexier outfits/poses?
Of course it would be him the one to do the episode with the flower Youma!
Unrequited love, manipulation, and kittens getting crushed by trucks. Just another Sailor Moon episode.

Aren't the EVAs on the right still hand-drawn?

cajunator

Banned
[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon] 015

Is it me or do Ikuhara's episodes have a tendency to draw the girls in sexier outfits/poses?

Of course it would be him the one to do the episode with the flower Youma!

Unrequited love, manipulation, and kittens getting crushed by trucks. Just another Sailor Moon episode.

Aren't the EVAs on the right still hand-drawn?

are you rewatching Sailor Moon?

wonzo

Banned
Hana ha Saku

hanahasaku.jpg

A really nice little music video done by MAPPA with character designs from the great Fumiyo Kono. My favourite bit was the scene with all the birds arranged on the telephone/power cables like a musical notation and having them move one-by-one with the beat. Good stuff.

Dresden

hana ha saku -

Hey, that was pretty good. As lovely as Blossom was, I think I prefer the sedate mundanity of a piece like this one.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
lJZqFeQZWcTIV
But did you need to know that to watch it in the first place?

Um... your img link wasn't working, so I copied the URL and it took me to a pdf document which I downloaded. It's a statistics report documenting all of the panty shots that appear in Sailor Moon. It's also very detailed, with full charts and everything.

This guide covers pantyshots of 11 Sailor senshi (Inner, Outer, Chibiusa, Chibi Chibi) appearing in "Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon" anime series.

Pantyshots were screencapped by scenes. If pantyshot appeared in one frame, or in several frames without motion, it was recorded as one picture; if it appeared in several frames with motion, revealing different areas of panties, it was recorded as a series of captioned frames (to the maximum of six frames), side by side to show the animation. If pantyshot animation sequence was interrupted by camera showing a different scene, and then returning to the same character and showing the pantyshot again, it was treated as one pantyshot instance if camera returned to the same frame and the character didn't change the pose (e.g., pantyshot instance 023b interrupted by camera showing Nephrite, but then returning to Usagi still sitting in the same pose); if after the interruption character changed the pose, or camera showed them from a different angle (distance), it was treated as a separate pantyshot instance (e.g., instances 023a and 023b – in the first one Usagi is flying after being attacked by Nephrite, and in another she is sitting on the ground and camera giving a closer view).

All pantyshots are enumerated according to episodes (movies) they originate from. If there was more than one pantyshot per episode, they were enumerated by adding a letter to the end (A, B, C, etc.). Also, all pantyshots are marked by a letter in parenthesis to denote the kind of pantyshot: (f) – sailor fuku; (s) – sportswear (episode 039 only); (t) – true panties (as opposed to sailor fuku and sportswear). Special episodes (SuperS special (3 episodes combined), Ami-chan no hatsu koi, Make Up

In total there are 184 pantyshot scenes, 217 distinct pantyshot instances (including sailor fuku, sportswear, and true pantyshots), and 56 true pantyshots (panties).

Jesus Christ!

It looks like Usagi is in the lead with 76 pantyshots, followed by Chibiusa with 53 pantyshots. It appears that Chibiusa has more more "true pantyshots" than Usagi, meaning they were actually panties and not just a part of the sailor fuku.

The article then shows close to a hundred examples from the series. Some of them are really good! Goddamn, I am already hard.

wonzo

Banned
Sailor Moon 28

smoon28.jpg

Some pretty fabulous art-pieces in this episode. If only I could say the same about Zoisite who's kinda lame at the moment.
I miss Nephrite ;_;

CorvoSol

Gundam 00 25

AHAHAHAHAHA THE MAIN VILLAIN IS RIBBONS. AHAHAHAHA RIBBONS. RIBBONS.

Tell me again how Gundam SEED is supposed to be worse than this shit?

BAHAHAHAHA THE CHILD SEX SLAVE IS THE MAIN VILLAIN AND THE WOULD BE CHAR JUST ADMITTED TO BEING IN LOVE WITH THE SOUSUKE RIP OFF WHO SAID THEY'RE ALL GUNDAMS.

HIS DYING WORD WAS GUNDAM. BWAHAHAHAHA. AND THE STABBED EACH OTHER IN THE CLASSIC SHINN STABBING KIRA. And Hallelujah and Alleluia fused into the PERFECT SUPAH SOLDIA HallAllelujahia.

HIGH. FRIKKIN. COMEDY.

Tomino would be proud.
Kill 'em all Tomino.

CorvoSol

You expect me to believe that NORTH KOREA, consented to have its military merged into the same body as America's? You expect me to believe that CHINA, RUSSIA, and AMERICA were willing to give up their own power and join as one body?

PUH LEASE.

This show is freaking unbelievably stupid. THIS is why other Gundams are set in alternate continuities.

CorvoSol

Corvo you are such a trooper.
kind of a masochist too, but definitely a trooper.

As bad as Gundam AGE was, I'm currently watching 00 and 0083 at the same time. The double dose of awful is only cleansed by the fact that I'm also watching G, which is the best of all.

Can anyone tell me if there are any more awful Gundam shows I should expect?

Also: Can someone explain to me why Gundam is the most successful/popular mecha show of all time? It's not that there aren't a lot of Gundam series I don't like, but somehow I just cannot see anymore how it is warranted. To be honest, I'm sort of losing faith in Gundam altogether as I acquaint myself with more and more of the series. Oh sure, some of it is great, like MSG, SEED, and G, and some of it is decent, like Wing, but man, there hasn't been a good Gundam show in YEARS, has there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom