• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Joshiraku 10

This is the best episode of anything ever.

Commentary on American holidays making their way into Japan. Kigu singing death metal. Detroit Metal City and Fatal Fury references. Repeated digs at K-On!. Meta-commentary on KyoAni being a better studio. Random PS Vita appearance.

And that's just in the first segment! Holy fuck I wish this show would never end.

EDIT: Holy shit,
Yakuza/Ryu ga Gotoku reference too
! This show man. This show.

Articalys

Need to get post count out of the top ten to prove to myself that I'm not wasting my life

With the exception of the next sales results, see you in the next thread (assuming we're not there already by then)

cajunator

Banned
Need to get post count out of the top ten to prove to myself that I'm not wasting my life

With the exception of the next sales results, see you in the next thread (assuming we're not there already by then)

nothing that you acquire enjoyment from is a waste of life so long as it isnt destructive.

CorvoSol

speaking of Eva movies

Evangelion 2.22: Electric Boogaloo Point Two Two

what is the point of Mari

In EVA 2 it's to do what Asuka should be doing. In EVA 3 it's
to be the only sane EVA pilot

No you can't, Gundam have this classic trope that known as "Boy that found Gundam" Its different than what 00 and Wing setup.

I have never seen the Boy Finds Mecha trope in Gundam. Amuro takes ones the fed is building. Heero and the others are given theirs by the Gundam Engineers. Kira grabs his during the raid on Heliopolis from Murrue, Flit BUILDS all three of his. Shiro is assigned his. Ko jumps into one during the attack on the base. Chris is assigned hers.

I've never seen the Boy-Finds-Mecha trope in Gundam, but even so, that wouldn't negate the faux-politics, Gundam Princesses, et al.

This damn sure sound like 00 S1 plot, new mobile suit after using outdated mech in most of episode from federation got the gundam pilots ass split in half.

The federation wins only twice in 25 episodes. Once when they capture the whole team prior to the arrival of the Thrones, and once in the finale, when they destroy all four Gundams. Beyond that, the CB Gundams never face any difficulty. Compare this to Heero and company, who were constantly ditching, losing, or exploding their Gundams. Wing does an infinitely better job of giving the heroes trouble. 00 can barely decide who the heroes are.

Just switch to slash spam for Melee type in Wings, view switched to them and slashing effect came out and ton of grunt destroyed in 5 second.

You can't spam melee weapons. How would that even work?

I'd like to say that that shows the difference between UC and AC starting episodes but I'm not sure anymore due to the screwed up timeline Seed delivered.

SEED is just UC for AC fans.

Actually, they took everything interesting about Asuka and transferred it to Mari.

What we got was a renamed Asuka with no personality except she's really angry all the time.

I feel this is fairly correct, except I'd say that Mari's point by the third movie is just to be energetic and bouncy while Asuka reclaims her role as resident pissed off badass.

EDIT: And I like to think that, pale as he does compared to Sousuke, Heero's dying words would still never be something as incredibly stupid as "Guh Ndum." I mean really. It bothers me that people keep wanting to compare 00 to Wing when 00 is worse than Wing in so many, many ways. Heero never says anything even half as stupid, written-by-a-teen, or insipid as every damn word out of Setsuna's mouth.

Setsuna is what happens if you siphon out all of the good things about Sousuke Sagara and Heero Yuy and dump any remaining negatives into Shinn Asuka.

fertygo

]

I have never seen the Boy Finds Mecha trope in Gundam. Amuro takes ones the fed is building. Heero and the others are given theirs by the Gundam Engineers. Kira grabs his during the raid on Heliopolis from Murrue, Flit BUILDS all three of his. Shiro is assigned his. Ko jumps into one during the attack on the base. Chris is assigned hers.

I've never seen the Boy-Finds-Mecha trope in Gundam
, but even so, that wouldn't negate the faux-politics, Gundam Princesses, et al.

What the hell, you do like arguing about semantic do you?

Amuro, Kamille, Judau, Banagher, Kira all "found" Gundam then began their journey,

Why you argue about the wording?

The point is a certain boy encounter big white robot (or in Kamille case its black) and spout "Kore wa Gundam" and pilot it in proceed despite being "amateur".

Pretty sure that's what most people recognize with the franchise anyway.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
If nothing else, Gundam Wing had a protag that deserved to be where they were.

duckroll

http://www.toranoana.jp/mailorder/article/21/0006/53/43/210006534384.html
http://www.toranoana.jp/mailorder/article/21/0006/53/43/210006534385.html

High resolution versions of the Majestic Prince OP/ED Single covers are now available. :D

p5VOMCV.jpg
ft8IuSY.jpg

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's like the kind of faces amateurs draw when they're but budding weeaboos fanartists.

cajunator

Banned
One of my biggest eternal shames (I have multiple ;_;) is that I actually bought his "How to Draw Manga" book like 12 years ago.

I'll never forgive myself for that.

I dont know if they are Chris' books, but I did buy a couple how to draw manga books because they had cute pictures and catgirls.
I havent utilized any techniques from them at all. I just like to squee at the cute drawings!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I dont know if they are Chris' books, but I did buy a couple how to draw manga books because they had cute pictures and catgirls.
I havent utilized any techniques from them at all. I just like to squee at the cute drawings!

Saying that they were cute immediately disqualifies them from being Christopher Hart's work.

NeonZ

You expect me to believe that NORTH KOREA, consented to have its military merged into the same body as America's? You expect me to believe that CHINA, RUSSIA, and AMERICA were willing to give up their own power and join as one body?

PUH LEASE.

This show is freaking unbelievably stupid. THIS is why other Gundams are set in alternate continuities.

Huh... all modern countries being unified under a single entity (or three large blocks under heavy influence of the North American one in SEED's case) is part of the backstory of every single Gundam series, besides G Gundam. Gundam 00 s1 just tried to show a scenario where that could happen, rather than skipping over it like the other Gundam series.

Pooya

Sakurasou - 24

Zzzz Okay. did it end already? no? meh.
very disappointed in how this turned out.

Shinsekai yori - 24

well, pretty iffy direction again. still can't wait for that end.

Girls und Panzer - 11
that was so fun, I still think they will lose in the end.

-----------

everything I've been watching ends this week or the next. and considering that next season isn't doing anything for me and looks pretty terrible to say the least, I'm looking back at 2011 shows which was the year I wasn't paying much attention to anime other than the obvious shows. for now:

Hanasaku Iroha, worth watching?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
everything I've been watching ends this week or the next. and considering that next season isn't doing anything for me and looks pretty terrible to say the least, I'm looking back at 2011 shows which was the year I wasn't paying much attention to anime other than the obvious shows. for now:

Hanasaku Iroha, worth watching?

Tari Tari is the better show, if you haven't seen that yet.

Kagami

I watched on CR though so I don't have screens of the occurrence.
Theonik, I remember you saying something of that nature before on IRC that puzzled me at the time. You can screen-cap with alt-PrintScrn and then paste into whatever graphics program and save from there. (I generally use IrfanView, which can also be configured to do automatic key-combo based capture of the currently active window, if you want.)

Jintor

Girls und Panzer - 11
that was so fun, I still think they will lose in the end.

Even if it was a foregone conclusion in the manga I really don't want to see the series replay that ending

Besides the fun bit will be showing the mother and the Black Forest Deputy CO what's what

Pooya

Even if it was a foregone conclusion in the manga I really don't want to see the series replay that ending

Besides the fun bit will be showing the mother and the Black Forest Deputy CO what's what

I don't know about the manga, but there is thing that seems quite popular in sports anime, transfer students comes in and turns around school's team which is poor and weak, and they kick some ass but in the end they will still lose to this rival team but very closely, and that winning doesn't matter let's be friends blah blah. so far I think GuP is looking exactly like that and hinting at that.

I think after popularity of GuP they are definitely looking at future seasons, I'm not sure losing the game would be good for continuing the series or not, could go either way now. they had time to change the ending too :p

Jintor

The thing is the problem's not really the sister [whom we know is cool because of the helicoptor thing]: the problem's the mother. Losing to Black Forest will just reinforce her preconceptions. Outside of a dramatic thing where Miho repeats what she did in her last match pre-show to save Maho's life, or something of that ilk, I can't think of a way to lose and to not shock their mother out of her "Our School of Tankery is the Only School of Tankery" thing.

zeroshiki

Losing is better because it gives them an objective for next season.

Think of it in Adachi terms. They almost always crap out of the prefectural finals the first year, lose in Koshien the next then win it in the 3rd.

Kagami

Oh, I assumed he was talking about the Australian release or something. Those are cheaper than I remember.
HOLY SHIT WHEN DID IT BECOME SO CHEAP!?
There was a two-box release a while back that was around 100,000 yen, then this priced-down three-box release for half that recently. It's probably missing the illustration books from the first release but I dunno how many people would value those at 50,000 yen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom