• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
that's too grim to happen. obvious solution is that she leaves her tank and game to save her sister and they lose the game because of that, that surely will change the mother's perception :p
She can't lose otherwise though, or their school will close down!

No wonder Love Live is so similar!

But the most important episodes in a series are the beginning and the end!
I agree!

If only AKB49 had taken that route.
If only. :(

You're fired
:Yoshida

Milamber

Gj-Bu Special 1

xL5e6ge.png

HHNNNNNGGGGGGGHHHH!!!

Articalys

*wakes up from hibernation*

Okay, I know what I said earlier, but this had to be mentioned.

I got on a Game Center CX kick recently and have been going through some episodes. Right now I'm watching a special where he travels through Hokkaido to find the "northernmost arcade game in Japan," ending the journey in the far north city of Wakkanai, where he holds an autograph event. Some of the fans there even brought small presents for him.
One gift, from a young woman, turns out to be a Cream Lemon DVD. Arino notes he'll keep it a secret from his wife.

*returns to hibernation*

Milamber

*wakes up from hibernation*

Okay, I know what I said earlier, but this had to be mentioned.

I got on a Game Center CX kick recently and have been going through some episodes. Right now I'm watching a special where he travels through Hokkaido to find the "northernmost arcade game in Japan," ending the journey in the far north city of Wakkanai, where he holds an autograph event. Some of the fans there even brought small presents for him.
One gift, from a young woman, turns out to be a Cream Lemon DVD. Arino notes he'll keep it a secret from his wife.

*returns to hibernation*

Did you watch USA special?

ffhhdgonyhhfsserhjnpjfsfjnvxgjhgyfy{§₩£₩¢^©®«¢{§^°`^¢¥¥₩^»¡¡¡®^^°``®
¢{¥£¥§§₩¢ *dies

I may have over embellished about the special. It's just basically a rerun.

sonicmj1

I don't know about the manga, but there is thing that seems quite popular in sports anime, transfer students comes in and turns around school's team which is poor and weak, and they kick some ass but in the end they will still lose to this rival team but very closely, and that winning doesn't matter let's be friends blah blah. so far I think GuP is looking exactly like that and hinting at that.

I think after popularity of GuP they are definitely looking at future seasons, I'm not sure losing the game would be good for continuing the series or not, could go either way now. they had time to change the ending too :p

Sure, but in those cases,
the school won't be shut down if they lose. If they don't win in GnP, Ooarai won't exist anymore, and Miho will be disowned.

They could get around those things through plot even if they lose, but winning wouldn't rule out a second season either. They could just come back with a bigger tournament (worldwide?) and new tanks.

Sorry for not following things closely, but time for my seasonal anime post. In terms of upcoming shows I'm interested in:

RDG
Devil Survivor 2
Majestic Prince
Shingeki no kyojin
Valvrave
Gargantia
Aku No Hana

Given that list, anything else I should be looking out for? (Or anything there that is likely to be crap). And is Railgun worth catching up with for S?

Tizoc

Never going to happen.
That's what everyone said about the JoJo series, and now we got one.
Course I'm not expecting one to be made 25 years from now, but Kaiji also ended up with a new series some years after the first one ended.

Just hope there's one for his new series.

HE HAS A NEW SERIES?!?!?! *Off to google*

Theonik

Um... your img link wasn't working, so I copied the URL and it took me to a pdf document which I downloaded. It's a statistics report documenting all of the panty shots that appear in Sailor Moon. It's also very detailed, with full charts and everything.

Jesus Christ!

It looks like Usagi is in the lead with 76 pantyshots, followed by Chibiusa with 53 pantyshots. It appears that Chibiusa has more more "true pantyshots" than Usagi, meaning they were actually panties and not just a part of the sailor fuku.

The article then shows close to a hundred examples from the series. Some of them are really good! Goddamn, I am already hard.
Oh sorry meant to put URL tags but put IMG ones out of habit when linking minus lol
As Hito said Chibiusa had a fairly problematic skirt at the start of R that made pantyshots frequent until they changed it later on.

Why oh why haven't you linked to that pdf already?
I did! Sorta!

Theonik, I remember you saying something of that nature before on IRC that puzzled me at the time. You can screen-cap with alt-PrintScrn and then paste into whatever graphics program and save from there. (I generally use IrfanView, which can also be configured to do automatic key-combo based capture of the currently active window, if you want.)
Oh I know I can print screen, it's just really inconvenient to pause the video capture the window move to paste it then cut whatever GUI stuff you took with it. Seeking to a specific frame you want is also a lot harder so I can't really be arsed.

blink and they're gone!
now find the precure ones :3
PreCures usually wear shorts or spats of sorts so you don't really get them on PreCure shows. There may be some exceptions though.

cajunator

Banned
O_O

*dies*

Yeah thats pretty much my reaction. I really have to watch that show. Its like one big :cajun fest.

Oh sorry meant to put URL tags but put IMG ones out of habit when linking minus lol
As Hito said Chibiusa had a fairly problematic skirt at the start of R that made pantyshots frequent until they changed it later on.

I did! Sorta!

Oh I know I can print screen, it's just really inconvenient to pause the video capture the window move to paste it then cut whatever GUI stuff you took with it. Seeking to a specific frame you want is also a lot harder so I can't really be arsed.

PreCures usually wear shorts or spats of sorts so you don't really get them on PreCure shows. There may be some exceptions though.

I was joking about Precure. It is pretty much free of such things.

Sorry for not following things closely, but time for my seasonal anime post. In terms of upcoming shows I'm interested in:

RDG
Devil Survivor 2
Majestic Prince
Shingeki no kyojin
Valvrave
Gargantia
Aku No Hana

Given that list, anything else I should be looking out for? (Or anything there that is likely to be crap). And is Railgun worth catching up with for S?

Uta no Prince Sama Maji Love 2000% and Arata K ought to be worth checking out.

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 is really quality for the genre, a must watch.

Articalys

Famitsu Sales: Week 11, 2013 (Mar 11 - Mar 17)

02./00. [PSP] Sword Art Online: Infinity Moment # <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.03.14} (¥6.280) - 129.222 / NEW
03./00. [3DS] Super Robot Wars UX # <SLG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.03.14} (¥7.140) - 120.751 / NEW

edit: see post below for thread link

Articalys

Oh wait, if we use Media Create...

01./00. [PSP] Sword Art Online: Infinity Moment # <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.03.14} (¥6.280) - 138,180 / NEW
03./00. [3DS] Super Robot Wars UX # <SLG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.03.14} (¥7.140) - 115.384 / NEW

You expect me to believe that NORTH KOREA, consented to have its military merged into the same body as America's? You expect me to believe that CHINA, RUSSIA, and AMERICA were willing to give up their own power and join as one body?

PUH LEASE.

This show is freaking unbelievably stupid. THIS is why other Gundams are set in alternate continuities.

I really think you're not able to sit back and get a proper perspective on the events of this show.

Besides unification of the superpowers to get to space is a theme that is used countless times in mechas show ( especially in gundam backstories)..heck in many sci fi shows also have those things happening.

The superpowers don't fight for fun , they fight for ressources or against an ennemy.. if you give them an ennemy big enough to turn everyone attention toward it , they will become "earth forces" or "federation forces " or "alliance forces" and go at it together.

In gundam 00 , they reached a point where they each (in turn) tried everything they could alone and failed... expecting them to continue to fight alone is quite unrelistic in this case. This is exactly how alliances were made...this is nothing but a continuation of the BIG joint effort they tried in episode 13 & 14

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Oh wait, if we use Media Create...

01./00. [PSP] Sword Art Online: Infinity Moment # <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.03.14} (¥6.280) - 138,180 / NEW
03./00. [3DS] Super Robot Wars UX # <SLG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.03.14} (¥7.140) - 115.384 / NEW

God is dead.

Maybe he was never alive.

CorvoSol

I really think you're not able to sit back and get a proper perspective on the events of this show.

Besides unification of the superpowers to get to space is a theme that is used countless times in mechas show ( especially in gundam backstories)..heck in many sci fi shows also have those things happening.

The superpowers don't fight for fun , they fight for ressources or against an ennemy.. if you give them an ennemy big enough to turn everyone attention toward it , they will become "earth forces" or "federation forces " or "alliance forces" and go at it together.

In gundam 00 , they reached a point where they each (in turn) tried everything they could alone and failed... expecting them to continue to fight alone is quite unrelistic in this case. This is exactly how alliances were made...this is nothing but a continuation of the BIG joint effort they tried in episode 13 & 14

Most Gundam shows aren't set in AD. You can't just set something in our timeline, then do something magnificently unbelievable like the merger of great world powers AFTER the defeat of their enemy. This would be like Russia and America merging after defeating Germany and Japan, or America and Britain merging after defeating the USSR. It doesn't make sense. Since when do the winners merge in history?

I get that the show was going for this, but one of the chief problems of Gundam 00 is that it does a poor job of building to its points. Too much time is spent on Trinities and Crossroads and not enough showing or explaining how powers which have remained distinct for about 500 years by the end of season 1, suddenly dissolve ALL their police and military forces and become one in a UNANIMOUS decision.

What's worse is that the show begins on a realistic note. The idea that the world powers would congregate into alliances around an energy base with fierce contention from the nations alienated by those policies is believable. But the Gundams spend so much time dicking around and the show loses so much focus that when the alliances are supposed to shift to that Union, it isn't believable. All we see as evidence that they're moving in that direction are joint military options, and joint military operations are not cause for me to believe that UN Security Council would suddenly give up all its power for a union of tenuous worth.

Compare this to SEED, where the Earth Forces are a Federation of Alliances which clearly only get along somewhat, or Wing, where the United Earth Sphere is a farce, but one which is built up to over the course of the show by demonstrating the progression from the Earth Alliance, then OZ, then Romefeller.

My point is that a united Earth is too big a pill to swallow without adequate lead in in the context of a show. If it's a starting point, like in MSG, that's one thing. But if it's the end goal of your protagonists IN the show you should maybe spend some time showing that it happens.

But freaking 00 spends its time following the exploits of Saji Crossroads and Trinities and a villain whose entire arc culminates in a literally 30 second fight shoehorned into the end of the last episode of the season, and not enough focusing on its goddamn heroes, villains, and mother loving plot.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Whatever. Next time Luigi will be NUMBA WON and Kirito will be crying into some message cube from his dead waifu.

duckroll

It sounds like Attack on Titan is going to have some amount of original anime content. It's mentioned in a recent blog post for the magazine it runs in, and the editor also mentions that the manga author is somewhat involved with the anime production. Hmmm... I sure hope it's not another Magi.

Reknoc

It sounds like Attack on Titan is going to have some amount of original anime content. It's mentioned in a recent blog post for the magazine it runs in, and the editor also mentions that the manga author is somewhat involved with the anime production. Hmmm... I sure hope it's not another Magi.

Well, that's that then. Time to pack it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom