• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not all, they even have this TV.

5IxcZ5a.jpg

Hipster alert!

Go_Ly_Dow

Kurita, have you finished Last Friends yet? (+the special?) ;_;

School Days: Final Episode.

So, yeah, that was kinda... interesting? So, Sekai
wasn't really pregnant
?. And what will Kotonoha do when
the severed head starts to decompose
?. What I like about this kind of scenarios is the friends/relatives and police response, a shame we didn't get it there.

Now, Regulus you can tell me why this anime is important.

You will never be the same again.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
It sounds like Attack on Titan is going to have some amount of original anime content. It's mentioned in a recent blog post for the magazine it runs in, and the editor also mentions that the manga author is somewhat involved with the anime production. Hmmm... I sure hope it's not another Magi.

You could have stopped this.

Syrinx

Well, Princess Tutu should be on its way now. Money's tight, but for $24...yeah, I could do it. It's as cheap a deal as I'll find on an anime I want to watch right now.

Jex

It sounds like Attack on Titan is going to have some amount of original anime content. It's mentioned in a recent blog post for the magazine it runs in, and the editor also mentions that the manga author is somewhat involved with the anime production. Hmmm... I sure hope it's not another Magi.

branduilhype has already set in.

Yama no Susume 12 (END)

ibpV3ZY5YTPD6q.jpg

Season 2 confirmed?!!??

Another refreshing <5 minute show that everyone should watch because you totally have time to do so. Wish the other 2 girls had more screen time, they were just sort of introduced once and only used again in the last episodes. Could have benefited from being a normal length show but what can you do.

Jex

So, I know that it's pretty old at this point but ANN's interview with Robert Napton regarding the end of Bandai Entertainment is pretty damn good: http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/anncast/2013-02-27

I think the most interesting part of the whole discussion was that Bandai Entertainment was apparently rather well run and actually turning a profit when the Japan side of the business decided to close it down.

Beyond that, there's just a number of things that confirm what we already know and suspect. Japan either treats the USA as a minor concern that they don't really care about OR they expect titles do exactly as well as they did in Japan in the USA despite how different the markets are. This lead/s to a number of titles being rather overpriced.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yama no Susume 12 (END)

Another refreshing <5 minute show that everyone should watch because you totally have time to do so. Wish the other 2 girls had more screen time, they were just sort of introduced once and only used again in the last episodes. Could have benefited from being a normal length show but what can you do.
kwkJVbyl.jpg

I had the idea of using that cap too. lol

As what amounts to SatoJun-lite, this was a decent little show. It'd be nice if it was a real series instead of a story with random time jumps built into 5 minute chunks, but what can ya do?

branduilhype has already set in.
branduilhype is the new duckrollhype?

Dresden

That's what everyone said about the JoJo series, and now we got one.
Course I'm not expecting one to be made 25 years from now, but Kaiji also ended up with a new series some years after the first one ended.

There's some big differences between JoJo and Kongou Bancho. Bancho doesn't have the generational popularity that the former enjoys, no one remembers it anymore, the series is over, etc.

Okay. Here: https://twitter.com/honnyaku_blog/status/314398632659009536

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lolwat

Jex

Losing is better because it gives them an objective for next season.

Think of it in Adachi terms. They almost always crap out of the prefectural finals the first year, lose in Koshien the next then win it in the 3rd.

Maybe we could escape some of the sports genre's most stale cliches from time to time?

Theonik

Encouragement of Climb 12
How is stargazing worth in terms of sakura? We need to official firehawk conversion rates here. This was a neat little series and the last episode was as impressive as the rest shame all we can look forward to in terms of additional content is the BD only episode a shame really.

Articalys

Maiden Japan continues their efforts to license rescue all things Patlabor.
Maiden Japan today announced its acquisition of the legendary series Mobile Police Patlabor TV. This 47 episode series features direction by Naoyuki Yoshinaga (Maison Ikkoku, Irresponsible Captain Tylor) with character designs by Akemi Takada (Kimagure Orange Road, Urusei Yatsura), mechanical designs by Yoshinori Sayama (RahXephon, Mobile Suit Gundam: Char&#8217;s Counter Attack) and Yutaka Izubuchi (Gasaraki, Toward the Terra) and music by Kenji Kawai (Vampire Princesss Miyu, Sorcerer Hunters).

Maiden Japan will be distributing Mobile Police Patlabor TV in conjunction with home video distributor Section23 on bilingual BD & DVD (starting July 16th) and in digital formats.
Any day now until they save the movies and New Files OVA series as well.

Shergal

Yama no Susume 12
Too bad it's over. This was really nice and enjoyable throughout, and more surprising were the very high production values for a 3min short. Glad the staff took the project seriously, and they should be proud because it turned out really well.

cajunator

Banned
Then why we got Chihayafuru 2?

I'm quite sure giving such a good show a second season was purely accident. nobody in the anime industry has good intentions.

infinite-stratos-s2-kana-hanezawa-001-614x818.jpg

We are not worthy!

Apparently Hanezawa was hinting at a second season.

Oh god. OH GOD.
But why does it look like a funeral parlor :(
I don't know guys...

Steins-Gate-9

This is perhaps one of the greatest anime series I've seen in a loooooong time. I don't watch much anime, I'm more of a manga person, but, I love this show. Kurisu is tsun-tsun, and Okabe is too awesome. Real time travel now, interesting.

Man. and you haven't even gotten to the real meat of the show yet!

Futari wa Pretty Cure 37

Obligatory school festival episode. Obligatory Romeo & Juliet episode. Can't these kids ever play Othello or Hamlet or something else? Nagisa had to play Romeo, and she was dreadful. Honoka played Juliet, and made the whole episode worth it by wearing thy dress.

Why were Fuji-P and that other dude allowed into their dressing room in the first place? They could have been naked. And Nagisa probably would have died. Then what?

That episode was REALLY weird. the audience actually bought it too! Maybe Nagisa is just status quo at that school.

On the topic of GJBU.

GJBU - 10

Bly4WCz.gif

All the harem (-1) has a bite out of the protag, best episodes always involve the little sisters.

Soon.

School Days: Final Episode.

So, yeah, that was kinda... interesting? So, Sekai
wasn't really pregnant
?. And what will Kotonoha do when
the severed head starts to decompose
?. What I like about this kind of scenarios is the friends/relatives and police response, a shame we didn't get it there.

Now, Regulus you can tell me why this anime is important.

That was....disappointing.
Where's the KABOOM? there was supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!

Well, Princess Tutu should be on its way now. Money's tight, but for $24...yeah, I could do it. It's as cheap a deal as I'll find on an anime I want to watch right now.

Money WELL spent. Just check all the discs for scratches.

Is anyone's hype on here reliable? Or is anime quality just too unpredictable?

We are all reliably unreliable. Except when something is so unreliably unreliable that it is reliable. But that cannot be relied on.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Encouragement of Climb 12
How is stargazing worth in terms of sakura? We need to official firehawk conversion rates here. This was a neat little series and the last episode was as impressive as the rest shame all we can look forward to in terms of additional content is the BD only episode a shame really.
Like I said, it's SatoJun-lite. You need to end with someone crying while smiling to be S-rank!

---

GJ-bu 11
In the same way that Vividred 10 was the best episode of animu last Thursday for me because of lowered expectations, this episode dropped such a bomb that I thought it was the best thing ever.

I'm sure it will amount to nothing, but jeez. It's something that needs to be said in all (pseudo)-harems. lol

Articalys

The Kawahara interview continues.

He is man enough to admit there are some plot holes with how the NerveGear kept everyone trapped inside of SAO.
He also mentions that he tried Hardcore Mode in Diablo III and kept getting slaughtered endlessly, from which he concluded he'd never stand a chance if he were to get thrown into SAO itself.

Jex

Maiden Japan continues their efforts to license rescue all things Patlabor.

Any day now until they save the movies and New Files OVA series as well.

What the hell, Patlabor TV on BD in North America? What madness is this!

I need to stop learning about these kinds of things, it's bad for my wallet.

Syrinx

Futari wa Pretty Cure 38

What's this...Have the villains really finally caught on to what really should have been pretty obvious from the start?

Ryota's a dork. He did pretty much everything wrong, and would have been royally fucked if Nagisa and Honoka hadn't followed him. How was he not at all suspicious about that announcement that Nagisa made over the PA system? And moreover, how did she get to that thing to begin with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom