• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Futari wa Pretty Cure 38

What's this...Have the villains really finally caught on to what really should have been pretty obvious from the start?

Ryota's a dork. He did pretty much everything wrong, and would have been royally fucked if Nagisa and Honoka hadn't followed him. How was he not at all suspicious about that announcement that Nagisa made over the PA system? And moreover, how did she get to that thing to begin with?

Oh yeah that episode. ryouta really is useless, but he's just a little kid.
he did the best he could. It worked out though.

Man, GJ-bu is 100% pure unfiltered :cajun, isn't it?

It looks like it. Cannot wait to watch it! Anime just seems to operate on my exact wavelength.

Syrinx

Oh yeah that episode. ryouta really is useless, but he's just a little kid.
he did the best he could. It worked out though.

It's kinda similar with Usagi's little brother in Sailor Moon. I honestly can't really even figure out why he's there. I guess it's for enforcing that these girls do have normal lives with normal families, but still. They're wieners.

cajunator

Banned
It's kinda similar with Usagi's little brother in Sailor Moon. I honestly can't really even figure out why he's there. I guess it's for enforcing that these girls do have normal lives with normal families, but still. They're wieners.

Yeah pretty much to establish Nagisa as "the normal one" as opposed to poor Honoka who would rather be with her parents all the time instead of showered with shallow gifts like those assholes do once a year for her.

Syrinx

Yeah pretty much to establish Nagisa as "the normal one" as opposed to poor Honoka who would rather be with her parents all the time instead of showered with shallow gifts like those assholes do once a year for her.

Least she has a cool grandma and a cool dog.

Jex

They're stealing plot points from Nadia now? Oh, Anima...

Still better than Rebuild.

Anima's been better than Rebuild ever since it had this:

a70145fea55303df9ebf2eedc8f17597_zps46a85663.jpg:original

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
That Kirara arm-wrestling thing is probably the funniest goddamn thing to happen in GJ-bu so far. I laughed for like five minutes solid. :lol

Tamako Market 11

Definitely not as high energy as the past episode, but at the end of it all, I liked it. Did have some nice touches here and there in the episode, especially all the subtle things they did.

I am content with the endgame if you call it that they are going for especially since it is backed up by such a great supporting cast as seen in this episode.

Shergal

Tamako Market 11

Woah,
the guy sure travels fast...

I'm not sure how I felt about the episode. It was mostly a set up for the finale, and it worked well as such, showing
the reactions of all the parties involved
in a satisfying way.
But somehow it felt fast... way too fast. Most of the show had this jerky, steady pace, and it made it pretty enjoyable. But here I think it doesn't succeed as much.

Probably, the finale will clear up some stuff.

Kagami

The second season of High School DxD will simply be called High School DxD NEW. The logo is... well, see for yourself.

Ute1elB.png

New members joining the cast include Risa Taneda, Haruko Yamazaki, and Maaya Uchida.
Couple of people asked about the logo, so: "new" = "nyuu" = "乳" = breasts

On that topic, the Senran Kagura limited edition for Vita is called the "NyuuNyuu DX (deluxe) Pack"

ibm93l38ci5Zbz.jpg

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So I was thinking about Kotoura-san, since the new episode is tomorrow...we only have two episodes left, and we're still on the
random attacker
arc. I wonder what kind of ending we're looking at here. They're not giving themselves much time to wrap things up in a satisfactory manner, though maybe given the nature of the series they don't need that much time.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
School Days: Final Episode.

Now, Regulus you can tell me why this anime is important.
I think you saw why. Beyond the memetic factors (nice boat!), School Days is taking one of anime's trashiest genres and turning it straight. Makoto's
wanton fuckery
is never really played out for fan satisfaction, unlike other shows out there. The result may be unintentional, considering the show's roots in visual novels where going for every girl in the game is the mantra, but I still think it paints the unrealistic "nice guy gets all the girls" trope in a refreshing way.

I also genuinely believe School Days is a good anime. It starts slow, but it carefully sets up all the elements for what I thought was a satisfying conclusion. Makoto's
descent from clumsy ditzy audience self-insert protagonist to selfish sex machine ubiquitously hated by everyone
sells the show for me. It's why I always cringe at posts recommending people to only watch the ending. They are missing the point.

tl;dr School Days is Œdipus Rex for the anime audience.
It could be worse for Hikari. She could end up like this:
But that's precisely what everyone wants to see in a Hikari as an EVA pilot scenario!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Tamako Market 11

Woah dude. There's like an aeroplane slowly flying across the sky with its blinking lights. Trippy.

Syrinx

Futari wa Pretty Cure 39

Damn, their teacher was looking nice in that wedding dress.

That part where they started dancing to cover up what they were doing was stupid. Also too much dumb conversing with the villain (I don't ever think I even knew their names. They really aren't leaving much of an impression) about marriage and happiness and whatnot.

I only have 10 episodes left, and I'm kinda glad. Show's enjoyable, but I'm getting ready to put it aside and start with stuff like Heartcatch.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Evangelion]
The sheer size of that would be impractical.
You are dealing with humanoid mechs varying in height from 40m to 200m according to episode necessity. Size is clearly not a concern.
Okay. Here: https://twitter.com/honnyaku_blog/status/314398632659009536

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Too little, too late. Why revive this when GAINAX is still dead?

Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal 44

I always thought these guys were pretty cool from a design aspect. Of course, even if they aren't that good, it doesn't take that much effort to beat the useless protag.

Those are cool cards , too bad they were only used in a filler before ..i once tried to make a real ( worthy of competition ) deck with them and ...failed.

Those are cool cards , too bad they were only used in a filler before ..i once tried to make a real ( worthy of competition ) deck with them and ...failed.

Yeah, I think I made of deck using them in one of the video games. It met with average success but it was still satisfying to summon Arcana Knight.

CorvoSol

[Evangelion]

You are dealing with humanoid mechs varying in height from 40m to 200m according to episode necessity. Size is clearly not a concern.

Too little, too late. Why revive this when GAINAX is still dead?

But what use would a Motorcycle serve on an island the size of Japan? I mean, you'd drive for like, a minute, and be on the other side of the island. I just can't imagine it being useful.

or this lol

tumblr_m51gqn9gYF1qegbwao1_500.gif

The NGE universe is so cruel.

Not if your name is Gendo Ikari it isn't. Guy's been winning for how many years now?

Gao Gai Gar 26

MIC SOUNDERS DROPPIN' A SWEAR. OH BOY. So anyway this episode showed us that the Zondar are kinda sorta on the ropes here, running out of Z-Metal and all. Pizza and Penchinon go to buy time for Polonaise and Primarda by cooking up the last and scariest Zondar of 'em all: a sad, sad little boy.

Meanwhile, Dr. Wily's evil twin is clearly cooking up trouble for Japan because he is American.

Gundam 00 S2 1

Let me start by saying that, on the whole, this wasn't that bad of an episode. I enjoyed most of it, in fact. But let's not let that stop us from making fun of it, shall we?

1)LOVE that they replaced girl who died in the finale with . . . basically herself with a worse hairdo.

2)Is it Outlaws or Alaws?

3)HAHAHAHA Oh man, Ribbons is wearing one of those shirts that women wear that displays just cleavage. A cleavage window or whatever. Isn't Ribbons a guy?

4)BWAHAHAHA RIBBONS' secretary is an even more female Tieria Arde.

5)Mr. Bushido has the dumbest Char Mask I've ever seen. It isn't even white. What the heck, man.

6.)Having an identical twin to take over Lockon's position is the stupidest thing in the world. WHY DID YOU KILL THIS CHARACTER OFF IF YOU WERE GOING TO REPLACE HIM WITH HIMSELF?

7.)High comedy of the entire episode: LOUISE IS AN ALAWS PILOT. YOU KNOW, BECAUSE SHE DEMONSTRATED SUCH CAPABILITY AT PILOTING GIANT ROBOTS. OR SOMETHING.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
But what use would a Motorcycle serve on an island the size of Japan? I mean, you'd drive for like, a minute, and be on the other side of the island. I just can't imagine it being useful.
I think you are underestimating the size of Japan there by a factor of a fucking lot. The real impracticality comes from not having any roads that could support such a vehicle.

Jex

School Days: Final Episode.

So, yeah, that was kinda... interesting? So, Sekai
wasn't really pregnant
?. And what will Kotonoha do when
the severed head starts to decompose
?. What I like about this kind of scenarios is the friends/relatives and police response, a shame we didn't get it there.

Now, Regulus you can tell me why this anime is important.

What makes you think that
Sekai wasn't pregnant? Does Kotonoha look like a doctor to you?

Jex

I think you are underestimating the size of Japan there by a factor of a fucking lot. The real impracticality comes from not having any roads that could support such a vehicle.

Unit-1 makes it's own roads.
7.)High comedy of the entire episode: LOUISE IS AN ALAWS PILOT. YOU KNOW, BECAUSE SHE DEMONSTRATED SUCH CAPABILITY AT PILOTING GIANT ROBOTS. OR SOMETHING.
I told you it would pay off.

wonzo

Banned
It sounds like Attack on Titan is going to have some amount of original anime content. It's mentioned in a recent blog post for the magazine it runs in, and the editor also mentions that the manga author is somewhat involved with the anime production. Hmmm... I sure hope it's not another Magi.
Wrap it up folks, Aku no Hana confirmed show of next season.

Okay. Here: https://twitter.com/honnyaku_blog/st...98632659009536

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
rip good loser kumagawa

I also genuinely believe School Days is a good anime.
bDXV5.gif

What anime is this ? Thanks !
Plastic Nee-san

Metrotab

Banned
Tamako Market - 11

I already know how the finale is gonna go. It's set up a bit predictable.

The scene with Anko was wayyyyyy too cute. Dangerously high concentration level there.

Mature

Hardly!

Definite contender for most miserable existence in the entire show.
He spends his entire livelihood attempting to
reunite with Yui at the expense of everyone around him. And then, in an instant, his plan is snuffed out (well, sorta). At any rate, he's insanely pitiful.

CorvoSol

Well yeah, that too, but I mean, EVAs are giant to the point where I don't even really know how big.

Unit-1 makes it's own roads.

I told you it would pay off.

Not like this. Never like this.

Hardly!

Definite contender for most miserable existence in the entire show.

What? Nah. Gendo's been winning this little game for years. Nobody turns errybody into tang quite as well as Gendo.

GTO 27

TOMOKO FOR BEST GIRL. I love Tomoko. She's so hilariously innocent in spite of the incredibly inappropriate situations Onizuka keeps putting her in. Isn't she a 9th grader or something?

Japan is a pretty large series of islands.

Well I don't know. I spend my free time watching terrible anime, not studying basic geography that I should have learned when I was 10.

Kazzy

He spends his entire livelihood attempting to
reunite with Yui at the expense of everyone around him. And then, in an instant, his plan is snuffed out (well, sorta). At any rate, he's insanely pitiful.

Indeed, and being privy to the true machinations of that world would just be insanely depressing.

What? Nah. Gendo's been winning this little game for years. Nobody turns errybody into tang quite as well as Gendo.

It's all just varying degrees of losing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom