• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I cannot imagine that any anime dubs are done over the phone.
One of the voice actors that ANN interviewed talked about doing this... it had something to do with him being in Texas while the recording studio was in California or the other way around.

Still in studios. Well heres one for one of Viz's anime taken today. (I think its the va for Kuroyukihime)
No, I know they're done in booths, but the reason I prefer Japanese dubs is because the actors are actually in the same room together when they are doing their lines while, in my understanding anyway, American dubbing happens with each actor in a vacuum because it's easier to do extra takes and so forth.

Branduil

One of the voice actors that ANN interviewed talked about doing this... it had something to do with him being in Texas while the recording studio was in California or the other way around.

No, I know they're done in booths, but the reason I prefer Japanese dubs is because the actors are actually in the same room together when they are doing their lines while, in my understanding anyway, American dubbing happens with each actor in a vacuum because it's easier to do extra takes and so forth.

They have booths in Texas.

I thought in the viz clips of recording sessions in the bleach and naruto multiple vas are at the same time.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
They have booths in Texas.
Well, the podcast was three years ago or whenever. I presume that Bang Zoom or Funimation or whoever it was didn't want to pay him to go do work at another studio.

IIRC, it was a courtesy because it was a remake or something and they were trying to get the old cast to do it but he had since moved and they weren't going to pay him to fly to their studio.

I don't care enough to actually track down the podcast episode and listen to it though.

I thought in the viz clips of recording sessions in the bleach and naruto multiple vas are at the same time.
I was honestly amazed when, watching the Up recording sessions, that the Asian kid and Ed Asner basically recorded their parts separately. Or if they were ever together, they never showed them together in that documentary.

So if Pixar doesn't do it, I just assumed that no one else did it here. lol

Don't see why that should be an issue. Most radio programs for the BBC are recorded on a stage and they sometimes have to re-record lines including jokes which requires the audience to laugh again.

Only reason for booths is so one can go in and get out in three seconds flat.
Yes, but at least they're in the same room together. I mean, they do retakes for the panel shows too, so that's not the issue.

Gintama 43

ibrhNhLgwEHCQq.jpg
And now my tears have been replaced by laughter and arousal. Good job Sachan, you're voiced by KobaYu and still the best girl.

Jintor

Love Live 11

Eh. 'sokay, but most of the plot came from Genki Girl being a complete idiot, although I am curious about what Artist-girl is hiding. Kind of weird how Student Council President basically completely 180'd and is now their best friend forever, but whatever. Nico remains the most entertaining face-maker of the entire show.

Polar Bear Cafe 3

Poor Panda-kun.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yes, but at least they're in the same room together. I mean, they do retakes for the panel shows too, so that's not the issue.
That's what I was getting at. They can easily manage group recordings with retakes so it's a pretty poor excuse for individual booth recordings. Sorry if there was some confusion.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
That's what I was getting at. They can easily manage group recordings with retakes so it's a pretty poor excuse for individual booth recordings. Sorry if there was some confusion.

My assuming is that they treat it like video game recording, where there is really no reason to have the cast together unless you are making an Uncharted game and are getting the actors to mocap as well.

I'm sure, for example, the cast of a BioWare game never actually sees each other until after the game is finished and they have to do PR.

Who knows.

cjkeats

Just got back from Madoka Magica Part 2: Eternal. It was fantastic, and I have a few thoughts.

Big spoilers if you haven't seen the show yet.
The whole Homura groundhog day reveal didn't have as much impact being in the middle of the movie as it did with it's own episode in the series. Playing the shows OP the way it did in the show at the end of episode felt out of place in the movie, because it didn't open with it.

There also wasn't really anything new. No hint as to what to expect in part 3, no teaser, nadda. Unless the whole thing with Homura in the desert that was also in the series was a teaser all along. Who knows? One new scene(at least I think it was new. I didn't recognize it and I can't find it scanning through the show now.) after Sayaka's witch is defeated, there's a long panning shot and short conversation between Kyubey and Homura through a CG graveyard. Looked out of place in a movie that had unique enough design as it is.

The orchestral version of Connect over the first set of credits was beautiful.
Bring on part 3 ASAP please Shaft. Don't Kizumonogatari it please.

wonzo

Banned
Encouragement of Climb 12 END

yamasusu12.jpg

A really nice ending to a really nice series. I guess there's the BD specials to look forward to and maybe someone will pick up the manga too.
I don't want this to end. :(

Kuromajo 26

kuromajo26.jpg

First CSI and now Groundhog Day, Choco must be some kinda westaboo!

Puchimas 58

puchimasu58.jpg

owned

Bakuman 3 - 22

Thats an odd plot, VA's cant date or something?
That one dude was so angry, shouldnt fans be supportive of their va's pursuing some love interest or something, I guess. Awkward if she wont get the role of lead female va

--

Got more anime today (I love when anime bd's are completely loose in an unopened and still wrapped bd case :/ )

Syrinx

Futari wa Pretty Cure 41

Well, they officially know that Porun holds the power of the Prism Stones. Took 'em long enough. But that leaves Nagisa and Honoka and the others in a bad position.

The lacrosse team seems to run the same play all the damn time. You'd think other teams would learn to defend it, but no. And the goalies are still just motionless walls.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
@RollingPirahna 3 min

Okay, some clarification on the Blue Uru stuff which was going around a several hours ago. It's real, and we'll definitely hear more today.

@RollingPirahna 2 min

Yamaga then let slip at the event that Blue Uru is back on track and that there will be a formal announcement at Tokyo Anime Fair today.

@RollingPirahna 1 min

Hiroyuki Yamaga will be directing & writing the anime, and Yoshiyuki Sadamoto will do the character designs. Sadamoto will also do a manga.

@RollingPirahna 2 min

It seems the manga will run in Young Ace, and it will be replacing the Evangelion manga which Sadamoto says will be ending shortly.

Duckroll I love you.

duckroll

More info about Blue Uru revival:

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/samepa/touch/20130320/1363818902

Okay, yesterday night there was one of those bar/club events with anime creators featuring Osamu Kobayashi. Since he's totally bros with a bunch of Gainax guys, Hiroyuki Yamaga and Yoshiyuki Sadamoto were there too. During the chit chat at the event, Yamaga let it slip that Blue Uru is finally coming back and that they're going to announce it for real today at TAF 2013. The details they leaked were that Yamaga is directing and writing, and Sadamoto will be handling the character designs. Sadamoto also said that the Evangelion manga will finally be ending soon, and that after that he plans on starting the Blue Uru manga in the same magazine. They're regathering as much of the original staff as possible to make this finally fucking happen!

Isthisreallife.jpg

Edit: Regulus Tera!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >_<

Mature

Okay, yesterday night there was one of those bar/club events with anime creators featuring Osamu Kobayashi. Since he's totally bros with a bunch of Gainax guys, Hiroyuki Yamaga and Yoshiyuki Sadamoto were there too. During the chit chat at the event, Yamaga let it slip that Blue Uru is finally coming back and that they're going to announce it for real today at TAF 2013. The details they leaked were that Yamaga is directing and writing, and Sadamoto will be handling the character designs. Sadamoto also said that the Evangelion manga will finally be ending soon, and that after that he plans on starting the Blue Uru manga in the same magazine. They're regathering as much of the original staff as possible to make this finally fucking happen!

Isthisreallife.jpg

Whaaat. Does not compute.

Novid

Banned
guys im sorry.

the show does well with the teens the same way Family Guy does, and isn't as censored as twilight is. SAO is here to stay.

Katyusha

GJ-Bu Episode 11

OH YES!!!

...Anyway, I'm real sad about this show ending next week. Before it aired I had absolutely no interest in it at all (hell, I didn't even know what it was) but it ended up becoming my favorite show of the season. I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels this way.

7Th

Isthisreallife.jpg

Still sounds like a drunken fantasy.

duckroll

Still sounds like a drunken fantasy.

I agree. I fully expect that we will hear nothing about this at all today. And then tomorrow Yamaga will release some statement about him being too drunk at that event to remember anything he might have said. :(

Novid

Banned
are you referring to SAO?

yes.

Twlight only caught on somewhat in Asia. They are bringing SAO here and gonna do the same thing. Make money. Im even not going to be surprised if it does bring a new rennsance once the things dubbed and aired on Toonami...

Mature

yes.

Twlight only caught on somewhat in Asia. They are bringing SAO here and gonna do the same thing. Make money. Im even not going to be surprised if it does bring a new rennsance once the things dubbed and aired on Toonami...
Something tells me Jason DeMarco and co aren't going to be into Kirito and his harem.

Branduil

I agree. I fully expect that we will hear nothing about this at all today. And then tomorrow Yamaga will release some statement about him being too drunk at that event to remember anything he might have said. :(

Now we just need to here about Despera airing this summer and we'll know we're dreaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom