• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Magi 23
tumblr_mjtlu9C9Fe1qejvrxo1_500.gif

Some of the character art's were rather dubious this episode, perhaps they will be fixed, poor soldiers. Anyway Judar and Sinbad conversation was honestly the highlight for me. Just really enjoy Judar's presence and how he can make everything just so funny and enjoyable. Tied with Mahiro Fuwa for best character in a continuing in the winter.

Alibaba whipping out the knife was way cool, music could have pumped the event up a bit more though. And I hope he gets a full body djinn equip

Phi Brain Puzzle of God s1 ep 1 (dubwatch, bd)

Episode one was so good such great music they have on the soundtrack. I think I only recognize one of the voices. Like the one they gave Jikukawa, and Nonoha, and Daimon Kaito.

Nafe

Doki Doki PreCure

Episode 6 & 7

To continue the parallels with Sailor Moon, Cure Sword is reminding me a lot of the
Starlights.
See Mad Pierrot, if you hurried up with SuperS, you'd know what I'm talking about. ;p

For the little bit of the wait, Cure Sword's transformation was disappointing for how average it looks. At least she was given a cool looking attack. You just have to laugh at how silly the monster motivations are though.
I'm a cameraman and for today's show we're filming a cooking segment. It's making me hungry and I want to try a bit of what the girls are eating from this segment but I can't do that because that would be eeeevil!
Haha.

---

The back-story in episode 7 reminds me a lot of Smile PreCure's general story setup as well. I also found out that the seiyuu for Mugi from K-On,Minako Kotobuki, is not only in this show as Rikka but the seiyuu for "Dark Haired Mugi" from Hyouka,Yumi Uchiyama, is in the show as well, voicing Davi.

The show does have it's moments of good music too as I quite liked the piece(s?) that played during the two times the Trump Kingdom has been shown so far in the show.

---

I also had a laugh this week as people think PreCure can be bad with it's promoting of items but Super Sentai shows can apparently be downright evil! haha.

The only Sentai shows I've seen are Akibaranger and the first few episodes of Zyuranger so I thought I'd try watching the newest airing Kyoryuger. The monster in this weeks episode attacked people by giving them really bad cavities or tooth aches(to gather energy to help revive the big bad guy just like in PreCure) and during the commercials was an advertisement for new Kyoryuger branded chocolate bars, haha!

Squid Girl - 01

Saw it randomly on Netflix's "Recently Added" and decided what the hell and watched the first episode; maaaaaaaaan was it dull. Nothing happened at all, and if something did, I sure as heck didn't notice. At least most of Squid Girl's (...that's seriously her name?) sea puns didn't bother me (except for that "swim-agination" line; God, was that terrible)

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Squid Girl - 01

Saw it randomly on Netflix's "Recently Added" and decided what the hell and watched the first episode; maaaaaaaaan was it dull. Nothing happened at all, and if something did, I sure as heck didn't notice. At least most of Squid Girl's (...that's seriously her name?) sea puns didn't bother me (except for that "swim-agination" line; God, was that terrible)
You just don't get it-degeso.

Kite

Over the past few weeks I've been dropping the newer shows left and right so I'm working on my anime pile of shame.

First up is Natsume Yuujinchou season 3
MAL
WlR3pEF.jpg

Since he was young, a teenage boy named Natsume Takashi has been able to see youkai, but keeping this ability a secret has now become a heavy burden for him and has made his life difficult.

This begins to change when Takashi inherits his grandmother's "Book of Friends." He discovers that she, Natsume Reiko, shared the same ability as him and starts to understand why he was always targeted by both good and bad youkai.

After learning the true meaning behind the Book of Friends, which allows him to manipulate the spirits listed within its pages, Natsume undertakes a journey with his bodyguard, the infamous spirit Madara, to free the spirits of their contracts with Reiko.
I had forgotten how warm and kind-hearted this series can be, I watch an episode or two when I'm feeling a bit down. Plus it has Nyanko-sensei who should be gaf's unofficial mascot, the cat's colors match.

Next is Gasaraki
CJu75oO.jpg

MAL
The flames of war explode in the Middle East as two shadow forces unleash monstrous new weapons of mass destruction! But in a world in which giant robots are real, the most dangerous weapon of all lies buried within a human mind. Yushiro, the fourth son of the mysterious and powerful Gowa family, finds himself at the center of events that will change the future of mankind forever! Nothing can prepare the human race for what is about to be unleashed in Gasaraki!
I remember this being anime being shown at my university's anime club during my first semester, but trying to watch such a serious show in such a casual setting with the constant MST3King was hopeless. It looked interesting though.

Watching it now is blowing my mind, especially after being deployed in Iraq for a year. This came out in 1998. Tv tropes says it best on their Not So Crazy Anymore page
Gasaraki managed to do this three times, first with the US invading a Middle Eastern country similar to Iraq on the basis of them having weapons of mass destruction (which turned out never to have existed), the use of unmanned flying drones becoming popular for use in the army, and the idea that the US could be nearly crippled by a global economic collapse. The only thing that hasn't happened yet is the Mini Mecha for use in urban combat.

So.. I'm about to watch the latest ep of Tamako Market and one each of Gasaraki and Natsume Yuujinchou.. what an eclectic schedule. Legends of the Galactic Heroes is currently on hold for me, it just isn't as "sticky" as it was hyped up to be. Maybe it'll become more gripping later, but everything seems to happen at warp speed so nothing has that much depth. I'll come back to it later I promise~!

Squid Girl - 01

I imagine the sub being far less annoying pun-wise degeso.

Madoka movie 2

Theatrical releases for anime are always fun. Free poster and everything. Animation was top notch, will have to rewatch the series to note the numerous differences. They did a great job of condensing the series.

Movie spoilers
So they finished with Madoka god. What will movie 3 be about now? Some of the lines Madoka said were changed, in particular adding "We will see each other again" before seeing her off makes me hopeful for a truly happy ending for all those involved.

Given that Homura is still a magical girl, and seemingly inherited Madoka's halo and bow. It could mean that Homura will see Madoka when she passes.

Why did I watch this? I can feel the series pulling me back in ;_;

cajunator

Banned
Over the past few weeks I've been dropping the newer shows left and

Next is Gasaraki
CJu75oO.jpg

MAL

I remember this being anime being shown at my university's anime club during my first semester, but trying to watch such a serious show in such a casual setting with the constant MST3King was hopeless. It looked interesting though.
Watching it now is blowing my mind, especially after being deployed in Iraq for a year. This came out in 1998. Tv tropes says it best on their Not So Crazy Anymore page
arp speed so nothing has that much depth. I'll come back to it later I promise~!

Gasaraki didnt work for me.
I pretty much hated what I saw of it because its very slow and kind of unusual.
I would imagine a huge mech fan might enjoy it though so definitely give it a look.

Branduil

Squid Girl - 01

Well, there's not much to say if the hook doesn't appeal to you. It's a comedy show that anchors itself in sea-based puns, and if the thought of an anthropomorphic squid living the dry life and having wakey adventures while trying to conquer the world doesn't leave you keeling over in laughter, you probably won't be able to finish two episodes. If you're looking for a comedy from the current era, maybe Soredemo might float your boat.

duckroll

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-03-21/macross/escaflowne-kawamori-unveils-the-fool-project

Anime creator Shoji Kawamori (Macross, Escaflowne, Aquarion) revealed The Fool "multi-dimensional" project at Tokyo International Anime Fair on Thursday. For the "new live entertainment" initiative's first work Nobuanga the Fool, popular artist Yone Kazuki (Hakuōki, Hiiro no Kakera - The Tamayori Princess Saga) is designing the characters, and Ryō Yoshimata is scoring the music after working on the live-action television period dramas Gō: Himetachi no Sengoku and Atsuhime.

The "historical science-fiction" story of Nobuanga the Fool is set in a parallel world inspired by Japan's sengoku (warring states) period with mountain castles.

cNsNGVA.gif

... so much work recently, I didn't have time to come here in ages :/

Anyway, I can't wait for spring, there'll be tons of good shows (hopefully).

So.. I'm about to watch the latest ep of Tamako Market and one each of Gasaraki and Natsume Yuujinchou.. what an eclectic schedule. Legends of the Galactic Heroes is currently on hold for me, it just isn't as "sticky" as it was hyped up to be. Maybe it'll become more gripping later, but everything seems to happen at warp speed so nothing has that much depth. I'll come back to it later I promise~!

How far are you in LOTGH?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom