• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The main events at ACE are all stage events which you need to specifically book slots for beforehand when buying the tickets. If you didn't do any of that, well... have fun looking at boring booths I guess?

Edit: You'll probably want to try going to the Bandai Visual booth to get the free Gargantia blu-ray while you're there. They're giving out 4,000 copies a day at ACE.

Yeah, all that stuff is taken care of. Also got some interviews and the like lined up. No worries. Appreciate the heads up though.

wonzo

Banned
Polar Bear's Cafe 49

polarbear49.jpg

This ep was so good and yet so sad that it's gonna end next week. I'm never gonna see those paper models doing their best not to talk about the next episode ever again. ;_____________;

duckroll

Hahaha. When I get there, I'll see what the deal is with those Anime Mirai Blu-rays and post here. I guarantee nothing. =P

We already hate you. Go away. :(

Come on everyone, if we pretend to shun him enough, he might feel bad and help us!!!

---

On a more serious note, do you want to share what you'll be covering there? :D

Arthea

I can tell you now. They put it on YouTube in the form of Inferno Cop.

lol no
also if we are talking about good anime, what comedies do you people like?
Gintama is a hit and miss, shinsengumi sometimes are hilarious, main cast not so much. I liked level E a lot, but its one of a kind. Watched some of Hetalia, it's good idea for a comedy, and some absurd jokes are great, but it's not exactly a good anime. Enjoyed quite a bit of Carnival Phantasm, wasn't expecting it to be this funny. Oh and it took me 3 years to finish watching Lucky Star. It does have its moments and sometimes is funny, but mostly just boring. Full Metal Panic was OK until it got all serious.
Any suggestions?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Actually yes. No "lol" because I'm serious.

Mitsudomoe, Astro Fighter Sunred, Gakkatsu, Yurumates, Azazel-san.

But that's my sense of humour which is very likely to differ to yours.

Clearly you meant to say Kill me Baby.
I assume people are getting tired of that joke. I try to avoid getting too annoying.

PS. If I do start to annoy you feel free to tell me.

So I was hanging out with my art club girls this week (the last before I don't see them again for half a year), and I discovered they're all really big Higurashi and Umineko fans. They're also 12/13, which I personally find hilarious.

In any case, one of my girls wanted to make me a gift to say thanks for always coming to club. I expected a sketch. Instead she made me a book of fanart in a day. x_x

And then my favorite one; she didn't want her friends to see this page. XD.

Also hi guys. It's been a while. >.>

That's pretty cool. Even has a little ribbon on it, cute.

GINTAMA 264

A very good arc that could have been better if they used more characters and an extra episode IMO..but stil a good arc overall ..this won't be in my favorites arc BUT it was kinda nice.

What is this ? a kaito wannabe ? Should i understand that we have yet another genius for the team to play with ?

Because kaito, rook and freecell are already extra god tier and it'll be hard to push thing fruther without everything to fall appart.

Deamon, anna better be in this S3..

Articalys

Kazuya Murata said:
If there was a city made up of connected ships floating on the sea, what kind of life would people live there?
Ever since I was a kid I admired the world of oceans and ships. It's been more than a decade since I first began wanting to depict a tale of the people and their active lives in that world.
I started working on the concept for this all by myself, but thanks to Gen Urobuchi, Hanaharu Naruko, and all the other various staff listed below, I really feel like it's finally taking shape.
As director, my goal is to depict a world that makes people want to go there, want to live there, and to show the growth of Red, a young foreigner who wanders into this world.
He's a child soldier whose only way of life has been fighting at the ends of the galaxy, but I wonder what choice he'll make when he meets people who can enjoy life away from land?
I hope to let everyone experience a world that makes them wish they could live together with these charming characters, and that's what I'm looking forward to most right now.
Gen Urobuchi said:
From the moment this anime was in its planning stages, one of the themes I set for it was to incorporate a message for our young people in their late teens and early twenties—in other words, those are just about to enter society, or those who have just entered society and feel lost at sea. I made a point to keep this theme in mind as I composed the story, so it has a different flavor from the many other works I've created in the past. I hope that this work will act as encouragement for all of those who are being forced to struggle hard in the harsh climate of our frozen job market.
ANN's Spring Spotlight -- Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet

Easily my number-one show for the upcoming season.

(Yes, I think some excepts from those quotes were posted before, but I don't remember seeing the full things)

(Yes, I think some excepts from those quotes were posted before, but I don't remember seeing the full things)

Ledo looks good but the rest of the main cast, perhaps Kugal, Pinion will be around much. The characters look way happier than I think the plot makes the series out to be, though based on the message from Gen U. I guess that is the point of the series, so with such a goal in my mind, should be enjoyable.

Metrotab

Banned
If we're talking comedies I have to mention Cromartie High School.

Windy Tales - 11

I wonder if the West had these auditions too during the boy/girl group craze in the 90s.

BluWacky

Those comments make Gargantia sound like Eden of the East x Future Boy Conan.

I really want to like the show as a result, but I'm definitely not a fan of Urobuchi and I'm not a big fan of the art. It looks a bit... garish, maybe? I know it's nice to have bright and colourful shows, but they're all the wrong colours, if that makes any sense - I don't find the character designs attractive or interesting in particular.

Someone had better pick up the freebie BD at ACE!

DiGiKerot

So, have we figured out how much of Psycho-Pass we can blame on Shiotani and therefore what Gen's current batting average is?

I need to decide if it's safe to get hyped or not.

duckroll

Psycho-pass - Episode 22 (End)

That was a fitting ending, but it's too bad the execution for the series is so underwhelming that it didn't really have the impact or emotional effect it could have had. The characterization being so poor in the series doesn't help either, since instead of feeling like an ensemble series it felt more like a show about 2 people and a bunch of scrubs. The finale had some really nice background art, and some good animation, but it's not possible to really salvage the series from being an okay series into a really good series at this point. Overall the series is conceptually strong but really wasted in terms of actual follow through of the potential. Pity.

----

Robotic;Notes aka We'll Never Forget the Name of the Robot We Built that Day - Episode 22 (End)

I dropped this show after ep2 and I don't regret it one bit. I watched the final episode since it was on the same block as Psycho-pass, and boy wtf happened to this series. Lol. That was so randomly and weird, but entertaining I guess. I have no idea what the series has been through to get to this point, but if this was how it started, maybe it would have been a more interesting show. Lulz. Still fucking stupid with really boring direction though!

BluWacky

Mild amusement - what I actually thought of reading about Gargantia is a book called "The Ocean Chronicles", which is only really notable for beating Madoka Magica to the Nihon SF award (the same award From The New World won) in 2011.

There's very little in the way of English language information about The Ocean Chronicles out there; the only particularly useful resource I've found is this round up of non-English language SF novels in 2010.

What caught my eye was a description of a German short story as follows...

Ende der Nacht, by Ralph Doege, pub. Deltus Media
– Doege’s short fiction has been published in various SF magazines and anthologies over the past few years. Ende der Nacht (End of Night) is his first collection. Most of Doege’s stories feature fantasy and/or SF elements, but the focus is always on psychological dilemmas. This in itself is pretty unusual for German science fiction and fantasy, and Doege takes it a step further by repeatedly confronting his characters with virtually unsolvable philosophical problems. Standout stories are Karmamaschine, about a machine that determines if someone is bound to become a criminal one day...

So maybe Urobuchi really is taking inspiration for his stories from other SF authors!

Jex

Robotic;Notes aka We'll Never Forget the Name of the Robot We Built that Day - Episode 22 (End)

I don't this show after ep2 and I don't regret it one bit. I watched the final episode since it was on the same block as Psycho-pass, and boy wtf happened to this series. Lol. That was so randomly and weird, but entertaining I guess. I have no idea what the series has been through to get to this point, but if this was how it started, maybe it would have been a more interesting show. Lulz. Still fucking stupid with really boring direction though!

What does this even mean?

cajunator

Banned
lol no
Gintama is a hit and miss, shinsengumi sometimes are hilarious, main cast not so much. I liked level E a lot, but its one of a kind. Watched some of Hetalia, it's good idea for a comedy, and some absurd jokes are great, but it's not exactly a good anime. Enjoyed quite a bit of Carnival Phantasm, wasn't expecting it to be this funny. Oh and it took me 3 years to finish watching Lucky Star. It does have its moments and sometimes is funny, but mostly just boring. Full Metal Panic was OK until it got all serious.
Any suggestions?

Galaxy angel, Squid girl, Hidamari Sketch, Azumanga Daioh, Nichijou, Daily Lives of high School Boys, Full Metal Panic fumoffu, Soredemo...

I am REALLY excited about this show. Because it seems like....

Waterworld plus giant robots.

This.

Valvrave site update: http://www.valvrave.com/mechanic/#m1_wp

Valvrave's... weapons. Lulz.

----

I means I need an editor. Feel free to apply for the position! Lol.

What about the X Grenades and Space Arrows?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
lol no
Any suggestions?

Nichijou, Joshiraku, Azumanga Daioh, Wooser no Sono Higurashi, Inferno Cop, Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt.

lol no
Any suggestions?

B Gata H Kei, Seitokai Yakuindomo, Detroit Metal City. Everyone else recommended all the good shows!

Jex

Railgun 10-24

1267814036280.gif

Well at least I got some enjoyment out of this.

I have literally seen 72 episodes in the Index franchise and I can honestly say I don't particularly like the franchise.
Yet I'll probably watch Railgun S2. I guess I really do like self-abuse. The show is fairly well animated especially in some of the battle segments. Episode 24 flat out looked amazing at times due to the way they depict Mikoto's abilities. The villain really hurt the final arc though due to the fact that she couldn't shut up instead of laughing maniacally the entire time.

Congratulations, you sound like a crazy person!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom