• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Psycho Pass END

Well I guess that's it. Predictable cliche ending.

At least they finally figured out how to draw Akane well in the end. Shame they couldn't have done that from the beginning.

Narag

Gundam 00 S2 2

Let me be clear when I say that this show is still the 2nd worst Gundam I've ever seen, but these past two episodes were more enjoyable than most of the last season, I'll give it that.

Generally the fans of S1 that rant about S2 like these first eps. About ten in it turns into shit.

Jex

Not to slip back to what was my 'nam (My HS career was a wash and Uni was that "Best time of my life" that everyone says HS was, lemme just put it that way) but Toonami UK was an utter hash. Whoever at Bandai fucked up in not giving us G and 0078 Gundam should be fired into a cannon into the sun.

To be fair, that's not really an entertaining series.

UK always got screwed though.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Polar Bear's Café] 48
sP3dlgf.png
Sasako is best waifu.
Best anime nobody watched is still the best anime nobody watched.

It just feels like a copout
giving Tsukino an actual alternate personality that functions like some sort of demonic possession or something instead of just having her be straight up evil or whatever

Well without that there's no explanation for why Kotoura wouldn't be able to read her mind and tell that she was the culprit.

PsionBolt

Haganai Next 11

Having the main character's secret technique set up as thoroughly overpowered in one episode and then crushed pitifully in the next is a classic development, but it worked to great effect here. If I wasn't already aware of how this series will go, I'd be very interested right now.

Haganai Next 11

Having the main character's secret technique set up as thoroughly overpowered in one episode and then crushed pitifully in the next is a classic development, but it worked to great effect here. If I wasn't already aware of how this series will go, I'd be very interested right now.

Hoping
for some kind of closure but fearing that it will give us standard '' I don't choose anyone'' ending. Blah. Preview for next episode didn't look that promising...

CorvoSol

Honestly, it might not bother you so much if you didn't care for the first season.

I fully expect it to bother me. Even if it doesn't, I will tear it from limb to limb anyway, only to have someone call me out for exaggerating how much I hate bad mecha shows. It's not my fault that there are such good shows in the genre that I expect better of the most well-known series in it.

I hate 00 S2 more than almost anything I've ever watched and I hated it from the very first episode.

Ep1 was okay. Mostly because it was less people jerking off to Celestial Being and more, you know, action. If Ep1 of S2 had been the first episode of the entire show, my opinion might be different of all of this.

Setsuna was cool in that first ep!!

Setsuna is never cool. Like, ever. He's saved from being worst Gundam protagonist by the existence of Flit and Shinn. Still undecided if Ko is worse than him or not.

I'm actually gonna watch the Gundam 00 movie this weekend. I have absolutely no clue what to expect.

Judging from the 27 episodes of the series I've seen, I would tell you to expect crap of the highest degree.

Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha: The Movie 2nd A's

iI10kQMHId2VR.jpg

Hellish tools in HD is what I've been waiting for for far too long.

Every bit of hype I had for this was worth it, so god damn excellent.

There were some very obvious changes to the plot, whether it be what events occurred in what order, when they happened, and how they happened.
Graham doesn't appear at all in this movie, so the subplot with his nekomimi familiars trying to get back the Book of Darkness is completely removed, which also changes Hayate was supported by. This would have eaten far too much time so I don't mind that they cut it.

The transformation scenes were excellent (and not just because they had
nipples
in them!), the battles were all brand new footage and amazing, and the soundtrack created just the right atmosphere for said battles. Both insert songs were great (Snow actually bringing me to tears), but they didn't include Brave Phoenix unfortunately.

I just keeping excellent over and over again, but I can't think of any better words to describe such an excellent retelling of one my very favorite anime series of all time. I urge everyone to watch the TV series just to watch this. And also because I couldn't not end this on something adorable:

Vita is the most adorable/badass thing ever. AND NOW SHE'S IN HD.

Psycho Pass 22 (end)
tumblr_mk12winOKJ1ry9vkao2_500.gif

What an awfully boring and dull ending. It was so not worth it and just so unexciting. I mean how does one go through 21 episodes, an entire joyride and just feel nothing at this ending. Whoever wrote it, wrote it in such a way that none of the plots he even tried to get cross felt as if they had any emotional meaning to them. Sure I did get caught up a bit in the Shogo Kogami stuff as thats the main conflict but that resolution
It just felt really dull and low key as they made it a boring truck hit and run and eventual turnover and made Shogo look all dull, beat down, and pathetic. Pretty offensive to his character and role. Secretly hoping that Kogami shot the ground next to him and quickly led him away from the area and covering it up and whatnot. Would be a much better conclusion

I wanted to see more resolution like
the collapse of the system, not an understanding type ending where it and Tsunamori just agree to continue and let time handle it. She ought to have let herself be integrated in it and become the whole face of the entire system and division. And what is Saiga doing there?

8 / 10. Ending was just not good and dull and couldnt match the excitement and intensity as the previous arcs.

Syrinx

Futari wa Pretty Cure 42

Good scene at the end when Nagisa got so emotional when she found Honoka. And then a pretty good fight scene. Didn't know Porun could also function as a translator for Chutaro. And Chutaro seemed to know a lot.

-Minsc-

Gintama' 264

Ha ha, that was a nice conclusion. For the most part the comedy seemed to take the back seat this season. It was nice to see it out in full force. :)

Overall a nice arc. Obviously it doesn't stand up to the previous one but that's to be expected as it had big shoes to fill. The siblings deserved to have a story centred around them. Kondo and Kyubei's inclusion in the arc was a nice addition. Straight man Kondo, it would be nice to see more him. ;)

And so next week is the final episode of Gintama' followed by the finale movie in July. I expect to see GintamaZ starting spring 2014. (I won't accept Gintama's end until after I've gone through my mid-life crisis.)

CorvoSol

GTO 28

TOMOKO FOR BEST GIRL. I never thought the story of a girl's quest to become famous would so heart warming, but then I remember that Tomoko is an innocent like, fifteen year old who plays with dolls and is genuine and nice to everyone. And all the snarky bitches who treat her like scum always get the kindest treatment back from her. Having Kanzaki as a best friend also more or less guarantees that Tomoko is safe for life. Usually I loathe the cutesy, innocent character because they're some kind of ploy or affectation, but like all characters in this show, Tomoko seems so genuine and real that its hard to hate her.

MAN, GTO is such a good show.

kpjolee

Psycho-Pass 22 END

And they said some staff members cried while reading script for the last episode...
For real??

Looks like there might be season 2.

Taruranto

Psycho-Pass 22 END

And they said some staff members cried while reading script for the last episode...
For real??

They also said Sasayama was their favorite character.

I'm going to guess they were just spouting horseshit.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Psycho-Pass 22 END

For real??

Cried that the show ended in the most generic way possible.

Seriously:
  • Hero and baddy have their final talk. Camera zooms out and we hear the shot and the silhouette collapses forward.
  • Inspector glasses talking to the grave of his father talking about what a disappointment he must be and finally calling him dad for the first time. Happier to find a new role in life.
  • Akane is now Queen Badass.
  • Hero has run off and no one has heard from him since. Presume he's having the good life.
  • New recruit to end the show mirroring how it started.
  • Mysterious "it will continue" sign at the end.

It's like they had a tick box of things that happen in a lot of endings that they had to meet.

Articalys

I'd like to revise my appraisal of Fall/Winter noitaminA to one failed adaptation and one original series that couldn't quite live up to its promise. No winners here anymore.

--------------------------

Robotics;Notes 22 (end)

I've still got questions about a lot of the stuff in the story, but I can't care enough to try to find the answers. Especially not with the Steins;Gate movie on the horizon (even though it'll take a while for the latter to his BD).

zeroshiki

Rejoice! Since Katanagatari is taking over BOTH timeslots, there won't be Noitamina shows to fret over the state of the industry for a whole season.

CorvoSol

Mobile Fighter G Gundam 28

Domon's battle against not really humans continues as this week he fights a possibly cyborg in the Mandella Gundam who is also a slimy assassin from the equally slimy Nepalese govt. That Domon doesn't realize he has a sword at his disposal until Schwarz Bruder points it out is hilarious. Just like Viking Gundam being like, part boat is hilarious.

Seriously, most of these Gundams Domon is fighting are so bizarre I can't fathom how these guys made it to the finals.

HURRY UP AND GET TO MASTER ASIA.

kpjolee

Seriously:
  • Hero and baddy have their final talk. Camera zooms out and we hear the shot and the silhouette collapses forward.
  • Inspector glasses talking to the grave of his father talking about what a disappointment he must be and finally calling him dad for the first time. Happier to find a new role in life.
  • Hero has run off and no one has heard from him since. Presume he's having the good life.

It's like they had a tick box of things that happen in a lot of endings that they had to meet.

This was very un-Urobuchi like ending for sure.
Psycho-Pass only confirmed that he still hates big-breasts and nothing else. I am disappoint.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus

Seriously:

That sounds super generic.

wonzo

Banned
Ai-Mai-Mi 12

aimaimi12.jpg

This would've made the perfect end episode but it looks like there's one more gasp of sheer insanity and mental degradation left. I can't wait!

Puchimas 59

puchimasu59.jpg

the beast is unleashed

Tamako Market 11
tumblr_mjzn8pl9Vu1r0fj8jo2_250.gif
tumblr_mjzn8pl9Vu1r0fj8jo1_r1_250.gif

It took 11 episodes, but I think Tamako Market is finally starting to actually get somewhat good. Unfortunately it is just a bit too late as it would have been nice if the other episodes had been as focused and as interesting. I liked the various thoughts expressed by characters in regard to the future and just the theme of people needing to learn that they'll have to let go someday.
Unfortunately was sad that Mochizou was pushed to the side and essentially nearly seemed to give up, though perhaps he'll make some final effort to win her over. The dad definitely deserves some commendation for a good solid performance throughout the whole anime, tough task he has and things he has to go through especially this episode. And best pat, Mechya joined the market, please stay!

cajunator

Banned
Jarmel :(

Futari wa Pretty Cure 42

Good scene at the end when Nagisa got so emotional when she found Honoka. And then a pretty good fight scene. Didn't know Porun could also function as a translator for Chutaro. And Chutaro seemed to know a lot.

Isnt Porun awesome? I really dont know why so many seem to hate him.
He's extremely useful and totally adorable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom