• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acti

Ugh, I have so little time to watch anime. I've been spending more time building up a backlog. I'm lucky to even get through one episode of Gundam X in a day.

Anyways, Macross fans. Is the Do you Remember Love movie an okay place to start with Macross seeing as it's basically a retelling of the first series from what I've heard?

But other than that, my backlog is growing bigger than ever so I might as well post it here.

The Fifty-Eigth Man of Nintendo's Anime Backlog

Currently Watching:
Gundam X
Bakemonogatari
Samurai Flamenco
Kill La Kill

Really excited to watch
Macross: Do you Remember Love?
G Gundam
Gundam Build Fighters
Gundam Wing
Toradora
Diebuster
Non Non Biyori
Xabungle
Heroman

On hold but will start up again when I find the time
Full Metal Panic!?
Eureka Seven.
Hunter X Hunter
Shin Mazinger Z.
The Big O.
Yamato 2199

Curious to see, but I've seen some mixed opinions so I might check it out
Aquarion EVOL.
Dancougar Nova
Princess Tutu
Gundam 00 (Season 1)
Vividred Operation

Heroman, Stan Lee confermid as a weeaboo. I kinda liked it.

Maison Ikkoku 1

This was awful. What an impressive collection of truly obnoxious characters. By the end of the episode I wanted to strangle almost every tenant in that apartment.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Maison Ikkoku 1

This was awful. What an impressive collection of truly obnoxious characters. By the end of the episode I wanted to strangle almost every tenant in that apartment.

You're going to die tonight.

Haly

No, from a shiv in the back wielded by a guy with a precure mask.

Haly

Both of you are going to anime hell for your blasphemy.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Ugh, I have so little time to watch anime. I've been spending more time building up a backlog. I'm lucky to even get through one episode of Gundam X in a day.

Anyways, Macross fans. Is the Do you Remember Love movie an okay place to start with Macross seeing as it's basically a retelling of the first series from what I've heard?

But other than that, my backlog is growing bigger than ever so I might as well post it here.

Eh, my backlog is kinda small, but my currently watching is gonna be really small, really soon.

Currently Watching (soon to be very empty):
Angel Beats!
Golden Time (ending)
Kill la Kill (ending)
Kiniro Mosaic
Pupa (ending)
Pupipo! (ending)
Sakura Trick (ending)
Space☆Dandy
Tonari no Seki-kun (ending)

Next Season Hype
Mushishi: Zoku-Shou

On Hold but Will be Restarted Soon
Air
Mobile Police Patlabor

Kinda Interested in Starting from People Watching it Here
Gundam Build Fighters
Engaged to the Unidentified

From Deep in the Felix Backlog that Need to be Watched Eventually
ef: A Tale of Memories.
Detroit Metal City
Time of Eve
Saint☆Young Men
Koi Kaze
Denpa Teki na Kanojo
Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu
From Up on Poppy Hill
Psychic School Wars
The Princess and the Pilot
Scrapped Princess
Waiting in the Summer

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Both of you are going to anime hell for your blasphemy.

I hear the cell service there sucks. Damn, AT&T.

93339825.gif

But they're lovable! And Kyoko isn't obnoxious...

Kyoko is fine, I have no complaints with her.

And to be clear, I'm not judging the whole show, just the first episode. I'll watch more some other time and see what happens. Hopefully the whole show isn't about a lost doormat kid getting abused by his asshole neighbors.

Haly

Well, my anime hell would be picking up Maison Ikkoku for the third time and try to finish the 91 remaining episodes. So naww, man, not in your lifetime

See, you're already in personal hell literally because you refuse to embrace the light and glory of Maison Ikkoku.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
The MAL four point scale in action. It's only funny if you've seen episode 11 of Wizard Barristers, but if you have:

OZegzzg.png

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Strange+ Episode 12:

Considering a new anime is slated for summer, the Sailor Moon parody is more timely then I think they anticipated.

Strange+ Series Review:

It delivers on what it promises, beyond that I am still not sure I liked it or not.

Acti

Tell me GAF how much of a fucktard I am for not watching Golden Boy? Probably going to watch the first 2/3 apisodes today.

MI doesn't start off at full speed. Once the whole ronin business ends it gets better, and it doesn't take long.
I'll keep watching. And I'm assuming "it doesn't take long" doesn't mean 50 episodes.

I didn't realize how bad it was until I saw this clip (spoilers for anyone who cares)

Holy crap.
Wow, hahaha.

Tell me GAF how much of a fucktard I am for not watching Golden Boy? Probably going to watch the first 2/3 apisodes today.
It's amusing, but I wouldn't go much further than that with praise.

fertygo

Hunter x Hunter 120-121

Always please me this show manage to make the talking captivating moreso than the actual fight.
The MAL four point scale in action. It's only funny if you've seen episode 11 of Wizard Barristers, but if you have:

OZegzzg.png

Without knowing any context, that read sounds like pretty valid opinion. Especially for people that used with long running show (ofc WB isn't one)

NagiAsu 25

I knew this would happen. But I wasn't prepared for it. I wonder how it'll end.

I still think Kaname did nothing for the entire show. Miuna deserves something after all that crap.

duckroll

米国大尉 - 冬の傭兵

Masahiro Ando, Yutaka Nakamura, and Masahiro Sato would be proud. If BONES went into live action production, this is probably what they would make!

米国大尉 - 冬の傭兵

Masahiro Ando, Yutaka Nakamura, and Masahiro Sato would be proud. If BONES went into live action production, this is probably what they would make!

ducky what happened about not posting moonrunes that people do not understand?

And what the hell they its their realation with that movie?

phaze

Fate /
is apparently a sadistic, douchebag loving, son of a bitch/
Zero 21-25 END

Yessss TeamKariya wins !

;___;

Goddamit ! I wasn't exactly expecting an all out happy ending but that

that was a bit much. Can't think of any other show I watched that ended on a similarly dark and grim note. It's like the authors took delight in torturing every character that had a trace of decency and humanity left in him/her. Now that I think of it Kariya was getting the shaft throughout the duration of the series. Little screen time, the most painful and disgusting training, the most draining servant and yet, he couldn't do a thing to Tokiomi, followed Kirei like a blind sheep (why did he still trust him after the Aoi thing escapes me) and got supertrolled at the end. The fact that two biggest dicks got the best ending only adds insult to injury.

I must say I'm confused about the whole Grail thing. I expected it to be too good to be true, especially since we've heard nothing about previous winners of the war. But who the hell is Angra Mainyu ? Why does he want to be born into this world ? While I get that Kiritsugu rejected the him/Grail, I don't see why it would seemingly grant two wishes to a dead man with a hole in his temple ? (1. Ressurrection 2. Destruction of the city) And why didn't Saber get to keep her material form through the power of the almighty mud ?

Some other thoughts:

-The last Saber vs Berserker duel felt weird. Too many interruptions and too little sword swinging. The end came out of nowhere too.
- Arturia's internal suffering left me out cold. Alexander was a glory seeking tyrant and Berserker didn't even blame you for his situation. Why do you even listen to their crap. You've got nothing to atone for.
-What's the point of the whole war if no servant can so much as lay a finger on that golden douche.
-They never quite explained what's the deal with the Kiritsugu, Irisviel, Maia triangle.

Hmm I always seem to end up ranting more about minor inconveniences than about the good sides of the shows I like.

I must say the story took me completely by surprise. With the premise of the series being essentially a tag team tournament I wasn't expecting much in this department and boy was I wrong. Dark, engaging and with plethora of interesting characters that get plenty of time to shine, character development and whom the show isn't afraid to kill off. (Never expected to feel sorry for Kayneth or Kiritsugu) Especially from episode 16 the show built on preceding episodes and went into overdrive that consistently kept me on the edge my seat.

The production values were through the roof throughout. I think the docks showdown and the Master's clash from episode 24 were my favorites. I only wish it had a tiny bit more sword on sword action.

Fate/Zero easily jumps straight to the pinnacle of the shows I've watched so far. I've heard only bad things about Fate/Stay Night but now I feel obliged to check it out at some point down the line.

If it's not season 3 I will flip every table in this world. EVERY. TABLE.

Well , the thing is that if it's season 3 i won't be happy because there is NO WAY they'll be able to adapt the big main event (
the war
) that lasted so many volumes without butchering the story like crazy and cutting corners at every occasion.

3-cour or nothing

Mikakunin - 12

Quite a worthy finale that beg for another season..

Well it was fun , the drama lasted less long than expected and the tension was nicely handled. Too bad the drama always comes from a misunderstanding of kobeni or a behavior problem from hakuya ..Well it matters not .

Mikakunin%20de%20Shinkoukei%20-%2012%20.jpg

It's the fault of winter !Sdburton found yet again another ally.

Overall i liked the character , i liked the setting and the anime was cute ... oh it was cute
it was a sleeper hit ( for me ) OP animation is great , ED animation & music is excellent .

1395925858583.gif

So cuttttteeeee :)

I'll welcome a S2

duckroll

Dear God. Decision to drop extra-justified.

I did a estimation count of how unfinished the episode was, and my manual count was about 78 cuts. There could be a bit less or a bit more, if there are more than one cut missing for certain scenes which they substituted. Maybe 75-80+ would be a good range.

What I did was count any scene where they use stills with you can clearly hear something else happening in the background, or when they recycle background or transition cuts from other parts of the episode where it makes no sense (covering for unfinished stuff.)

Since the average anime episode has about 280-340 cuts, and this was a pretty action heavy episode, it's fair to say that a quarter of the episode wasn't present in the TV broadcast version. It's really, really amazing!

I didn't realize how bad it was until I saw this clip (spoilers for anyone who cares)

Holy crap.

This is real?

Bah, don't know if I should watch the episode now or wait until it's finished. On one hand, I don't care about this show that much where I need to see it totally animated, but I'll also forget what happened by the time the BDs come out.

I'll probably just watch it as is so I can watch the final episode without having to wait.

duckroll

This is real?

Bah, don't know if I should watch the episode now or wait until it's finished. On one hand, I don't care about this show that much where I need to see it totally animated, but I'll also forget what happened by the time the BDs come out.

I'll probably just watch it as is so I can watch the final episode without having to wait.

What difference does it make though, if you never see any of the stuff happening at all? Visual Novels are more detailed and coherent visually than WB11 TV.

jman2050

It was a rudderless ship sailing nowhere, wasn't it. KyoAni have fallen off the wagon in many ways. Did they have some sort of talent exodus or something?

Maybe they're the studio version of Mari Okada. Straight adaptations? Perfectly fine, assuming the source material itself is good. Trying to do their own thing? Falls flat on their face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom