• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Link Man

Banned
Yamibo 5

Broccoli is serious business.

Gargantua sure loves posing dramatically in the moonlight.

Broccoli is now sensual. Thanks Seiren!

Oh good. The only person in this book that speaks Japanese is a scantily clad, well-endowed girl named Quile.

And she's obsessed with introductions.

Every house is phallic. Goody.

...Don't encourage her, Lilith.

Yep, that's where people keep matches. Uh-huh.

Okay, Hazuki can turn all women gay, it seems. Except Hatsumi/Eve.

Remember the reed flute in Final Fantasy Tactics? This one somehow sounds worse.

Winged. Bunnies. Of course, Quile has to introduce herself.

Oh good. Quile can introduce herself to Lilith's GI tract.

Ritualistic bathing. I wonder if Ragyo Kiryuin watches this show.

Oh hi there, underboob. And Hazuki saves the life of what's-her-name.

Tigers can break through stone wa....What the hell is that thing? That's the silliest monster design I think I've seen.

God interrupts a Quile introduction. God is great.

You would think Hazuki would wear a bra, having been embarassed earlier by forcibly wearing a swimsuit. You'd be wrong.

Slicing a tiger in quarters causes it to...turn into a bat?

Quile declares that Hazuki is god, and that she herself is not a girl. Okay.

Lilith wants Hazuki to eat her, and then...

WAT

Onee-chan Ga Kita 12: End

You know this was a bit exaggerated but I've seen older sisters that act like this, outside of the 'I'll marry him'. It was enjoyable enough, though it should've been longer. it gets an 8/Tomo-kuns

Gazoinks

Youre in for a mindfuck of a time.

BRING IT ON.

Kick-heart

NACHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
but with S&M

Fun short, colorful animation, surprisingly cute, very Yuasa. Good time all around.

No but really I feel like watching Nacho Libre now.

NOW SLEEP.

Engaged to the Unidentified 12: END

From the get-go this episode knew what I wanted. We didn't have to do the 'do you get me' tango. It instantly delivered and
ditched Benio early on throughout the majority of the episode
. Thank you producers-san, you are the best. Sure
she appeared near the end and appeared throughout the last 3 minutes
but you take what you get.

As to the episode itself we saw a bit of development
Kobeni and Hakuya get closer and now are genuinely in love instead of liking each other. She makes him promise to not keep more secrets from her because they're engaged. She didn't even stutter or get flustered, she just said it warmly while looking at him so she's finally not embarassed. In fact when he says something bluntly at the end she gets flustered for a bit, but then smiles and acknowledges she doesn't mind

For a show about being engaged to the unidentified it didn't deliver much of either. The engaged part was very minimal and could've easily been a regular romcom of a girl liking a guy and everybody knowing. The unidentified they never truly showed which I'm disappointed about, but it was never the intention of the show to do so, so I can let this one go.

Characters for the most part? I liked 3 of the leading 4. I liked Mashiro's and Hakuya's mom. I also didn't mind Kobeni's friend and her mom. Everybody else I cared very little for. Hakuya and Kobeni more than made up for all of them though. It doesn't really need a second season. It ended neatly enough. I give it an 8/Fuck you Benio. It could've been an 8.5 if they didn't have her imho

fertygo

Gundam Build Fighters - 24
This isn't my preferred scenario, but goddamn.. I have this stupid grin during the climax in 2nd half, fucking awesome.. dat gut pose.

Fertygo, you're back? I haven't seen you around in a while.

I had no access for computer in this past 3 week, so that's the reason... I'm still gonna deal with my business for awhile so I'm only can chill out for anime just here and there lol. Any worthwhile note while I'm gone?

Articalys

Koitabi True Tours Nanto

A trio of 10-minute short romance stories that P.A.Works made to promote tourism for some city, or something. They were alright for what the project is, though I liked the one about the schoolkids the least.

Defuser

White Album 2 ep1 and 2
Been hearing about this show around here so I decided to check this out.

A male MC that takes charge, very sharp and observant? Is this a rom show?!

Anyway, I do enjoy the development and pacing throughout like how Ogiso fell in love and the way she makes small movement gestures, so far she makes a good impression on me but lets see how Touma fares. Hopefully the more I watch,I won't be let down by it.........

White Album 2 ep1 and 2
Been hearing about this show around here so I decided to check this out.

A male MC that takes charge, very sharp and observant? Is this a rom show?!

Anyway, I do enjoy the development and pacing throughout like how Ogiso fell in love and the way she makes small movement gestures, so far she makes a good impression on me but lets see how Touma fares. Hopefully the more I watch,I won't be let down by it.........

The drama gets heavy later on, and there's no firm conclusion because they only adapted the first part of the VN, but it's a good romance show.

Quasar

Onee-chan Ga Kita 12: End

You know this was a bit exaggerated but I've seen older sisters that act like this, outside of the 'I'll marry him'. It was enjoyable enough, though it should've been longer. it gets an 8/Tomo-kuns

My guilty pleasure of the season.

At first I thought 'I wish this was the full sized show and ghost-rapist was the short', but I've begun to wonder if making this 20 minute episodes would completely ruin it.

nawz

Banned
Any of you lot live in London? I need some people to talk to. Most of my friends don't even watch anime :( sad times.

wonzo

Banned
Nandaka Velonica 2
nandakavelonica2.jpg
nandakavelonica2a.jpg

If IDOL CULTURE and the elderly being scammed are what an alien's first exposure to us is then we are well and truly fucked as a species. rip

Nandaka Velonica 3

nandakavelonica3.jpg

Croquettes, a fried food so good it even gets its claws into the most self absorbed and heartless capitalist aliens! Which is without it's consequences mind you:

Truly nothing sadder than a common kid singing about no longer being able to eat their towns specialty. (╯︵╰,)

Koitabi True Tours Nanto

A trio of 10-minute short romance stories that P.A.Works made to promote tourism for some city, or something. They were alright for what the project is, though I liked the one about the schoolkids the least.

These 6 5-minute shorts (no idea how the fansubs divided them) were funded by Nanto themselves. Previously, the only way to watch these shorts was to visit the city and you could watch on a smartphone.

Witch Craft Works - 12 [END]

Male lead is such a weak piece of shit. UGH. I said it when this show began and I'll say it again, this would've been so much more enjoyable if the male lead was female.

"
A kiss should be saved until marriage
." ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!

Good, I didn't want this beta motherfucker tainting my beautiful goddess Kagari anyway.

Tanpopo x Kasumi OTP
Well i'm still hoping that once all or part of the sealed memories are unlocked , he changes his boring attitude for the better.

Yall watched Galaxy Angel right?
Sure did.
Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Bride - 04 + Special

R_thanatos you were right! The ED told it all! Here's hoping we get a lot more of Kojirou x Musashi as this show progresses.
Best thing about that season is muneakira being useless
+

+

=
Gintama 83
Loool

cajunator

Banned
Oh wargaming
They finally release official Girls und Panzer voice pack,coming tomorrow,free of course
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/828/828885/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpnAdULB2lI

this is genius.

Well i'm still hoping that once all or part of the sealed memories are unlocked , he changes his boring attitude for the better.

Sure did.

Loool

which seasons?

Mushi-shi 11
So now they are bringing gods into the mix. Makes sense for the time period.
Still that poor old man. and his wife

Theonik

"Who the Hell do you think I am?"

I don't want to live in a world where Yami quotes Gurren Lagann before Gurren Lagann ever existed.
Yes I know that phrase isn't exclusive to TTGL so please fuck off you're not clever.
What if TTGL were quoting Yami?

Midonin

Aikatsu! 75

Mizuki's back in action! With a new brand that seems pretty similar to her old one, but the point is that she's back.
The rest of the episode, also enjoyable. Yurika and Kaede both got decent amounts of screentime and chances to do things. Any time Ichigo recounts her stay in America is fun, and I enjoyed the gag with them talking over the monkeys. World Conquest did a better job with hot springs monkey based humor, though this one was cute. Aaaaand.... it's right back to school.
Mizuki
acted like it was the start of a new era, so whatever that entails, that's for next week to reveal.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

Or he could just die and be replaced by his sister or something. :lol

Wait that would
kill Kagari too, craaaaaap!

Good. Very good.

jbug617

Banned
Engaged to Unidentified 12.

Nice episode to finish on.
Kobeni/Hakuya relationship grows and Mashiro/Benio still is a great watch.

Midonin

Engaged to the Unidentified 12 + Final Thoughts

Cute show. I liked all the characters - even Benio - and it had a lot of good points going for it. Having Kobeni take up the protagonist role is something appreciable (for the same reasons as Inari), and Mashiro's too cute. The humor worked, too. One of my favorite running gags was Mashiro's fascination with UMAs, and her tendency to get giant lake dinosaurs in those chocolate prize balls. Benio reminds me of the Akane Akaza type, and I don't mind Akane, so nothing lost or gained here.

The romance never felt like it was going to overtake the comedy, but it never faded away either. I also liked the show's visual style with the white shading. The opening and ending were extremely catchy, and featured the Benio bouncing .gif. In a season of chubby heroines, she was one of the cutest. The cast of new VAs did a good job with the material, and the supporting cast was also enjoyable, particularly Konoha. One of two great Saki Fujita roles this season.

It worked. The show's strength was in character interactions, and in that regard, it was a success.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So bought volume one of Mitsudomoe. They didn't have volumes one for Kill me Baby and YuruYuri so I'll have to keep an eye out for those. Navigating manga shelves isn't easy.

I see they have already released a Kill la Kill manga.

So bought volume one of Mitsudomoe. They didn't have volumes one for Kill me Baby and YuruYuri so I'll have to keep an eye out for those. Navigating manga shelves isn't easy.

I see they have already released a Kill la Kill manga.

Which stores have you checked?

Easier to print/write down the Japanese name and ask the staff sometimes.

Link Man

Banned
Engaged to the Unidentified 12

ibnZc9F5HB0yAK.jpg

Sums up my thoughts on this episode perfectly. Like Denpa Onna before, I left this series feeling unsatisfied and wanting more.I guess in this case, the central conflict of "does Kobeni want to go through with the engagement" was answered, at the very least.

I just loved the characters and want to see more of them.

irL9wLCyeSUSM.jpg

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Which stores have you checked?

Easier to print/write down the Japanese name and ask the staff sometimes.
Was thinking of doing that, but on this occasion it was just a case of using up time while waiting for a train at the station. Likely they just didn't stock them.

Edit: second store I should clarify is where I couldn't even spot them as I of course found them the first time round otherwise I wouldn't have been able to say volume ones were missing.

Was thinking of doing that, but on this occasion it was just a case of using up time while waiting for a train at the station. Likely they just didn't stock them.

Edit: second store I should clarify is where I couldn't even spot them as I of course found them the first time round otherwise I wouldn't have been able to say volume ones were missing.

Ah, ok. If it's something older you could probably find pre-owned copies in a Book Off store.

Midonin

Nagi no Asukara 25

That's a hell of a way to find yourself in the middle of a love triangle. And for Manaka to find out just what Akira's interest in her means. Emotional episode all around. I'm curious how this is going to resolve itself, and if it can with nobody becoming a sacrifice.

Defuser

Nagi no Asukara ep 25
Miuna :(

I'm afraid this will happen considering we're already pre-spoiled by the OP and other theories around but damn.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom