• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clannad AS is amazing yes, but PshycoNinja still needs to watch Gurren Lagann and Madoka Magica.

Like, everybody who watches anime in general should watch Gurren Lagann and Madoka Magica.

jman2050

I dunno about that, but I have no feel for Pshyco's taste in general. I don't know where he's coming from, or what he'd appreciate being pointed towards.

He's pretty much been a Clannad marketer. :/

This is amusing coming from you, Mahou Shoujo Luminous Star Hitokage.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Clannad AS is amazing yes, but PshycoNinja still needs to watch Gurren Lagann and Madoka Magica.

Like, everybody who watches anime in general should watch Gurren Lagann and Madoka Magica.
GL was cool, but I dunno about it being mandatory!

I can and do talk other anime! I've seen some shit, let me tell you.

cnet128

Banned
Nagi no Asu Kara 25

After the reactions I'd seen to this episode, I was fully expecting
Miuna to become the new sacrifice
, and I was getting all ready to write impressions that were just NOPENOPENOPENOPE. But after seeing the actual episode, I don't feel like it's as bad as it could have been.

The ocean took her as the sacrifice, yes, but Hikari went straight after her all the way to the graveyard, and the wooden ojoshi-sama, complete with Manakapendant, is on its way down there as well. I still can't see them letting Miuna actually stay there as a sacrifice, and it made me really happy as a supporter of the HikarixMiuna pairing to see him getting so desperate for her sake (even if much of the rest of this episode was busy beating the chances of that pairing to a bloody pulp with a HikarixManaka-shaped club).

Speaking of which, Hikari is now officially more dense than Togashi Yuuta.
That scene between him and Miuna was eerily similar to the scene between Yuuta and Shichimiya in episode 10 of Chuuni Ren, and just as painful to watch. But whereas Yuuta actually managed to figure out how Shichimiya felt about him on his own, Hikari had to be told about Miuna's feelings. By Tsumugu. Sigh.

That brief moment between Kaname and Sayu was fucking wonderful, though <3 God help me I love that pairing. And though as you all know Chisaki is far from being my favourite character in this, the scene between her and Tsumugu at the beginning of this episode was really damn sweet too. Those two are so, so right for each other. And Tsumugu does not mess around! The guy has balls!

EDIT: Oh, and Akira is adorable max. I mean, he's always adorable max, but it was particularly notable in this episode. What a sweet kid.

wonzo

Banned
Oh my god I didn't even notice until just now that his name is not PsychoNinja.

My life is a lie.
kanon2.gif

Branduil

GL wasn't one of my favorite anime like it was with some but boy does it look amazing next to Imaishi's latest work. Great animation, decent pacing, and the character development may use the vanilla archetypes, but at least it's there!

Nagi no Asukara (Nagi-Asu: A Lull in the Sea) Episode 25

Kind of expected route, but I was on the edge of my seat the whole Ofuneheiki.
it even felt like déjà vu even with that stormy waters disrupting the lull in the sea, then everyone falling in but perhaps most applause worthy was Kaname saving someone, and Tsumugu diving right in with Hikari along the way. Perhaps he truly doesnt even have feelings for Chisaki and is just comforting her until he can get Hikari to himself by having this play out with Miuna getting her feelings lost and trapped and maintaining a Mukaido who cant love.

insert typical praise of Akira being the little brother that everyone wants to have, so cute.

Best out of what? ;)

You're funny. Opinions and all that.

Best out of the 'Shit Anime' list. Of all time.

So Kanye West's anime list.

That's not nice. :(

Oh my god I didn't even notice until just now that his name is not PsychoNinja.

My life is a lie.

Sorry about that. It's pretty personal though. The story involves a personal family tragedy and this is the name (spelling of the name and all) in memory of a certain individual.

I dunno about that, but I have no feel for Pshyco's taste in general. I don't know where he's coming from, or what he'd appreciate being pointed towards. Like when cosmic says something about a show I know what he's looking for and can gauge what that means to my own tastes accordingly.

He's pretty much been a Clannad marketer. :/

I am sorry you feel that way. Still working on my MAL. Hopefully when you see it, you can see me in a different light. :)

GL wasn't one of my favorite anime like it was with some but boy does it look amazing next to Imaishi's latest work. Great animation, decent pacing, and the character development may use the vanilla archetypes, but at least it's there!

Gurren Lagann gave me everything I could have asked for in an anime. (Well almost everything. I only have one, and only one tiny tiny problem with it)

TTGL SPOILERS.

And that's the ending. Come on Gainax! Simon deserved better than that!!! It's acceptable yes, and I can easily overlook it, but come on!

But despite that, it is a wonderful show that everyone should watch. It is unfortunate that despite how I like KLK, it's a big step down from Gurren Lagann.

mAcOdIn

This show took one last swipe at my heart with Mashiro on a broom. what an enjoyable series. Im used to the Benio-type characters so she never bothered me. Mashiro is just one of the cutest characters ever made.
Mashiro literally makes the show. I love how it feels like everyone on the staff knows the show's really about Mashiro, the ED heavily features, the end card is her, hell, if I was in Kobeni's position I'd marry that boring dude just to get Mashiro into my family.

Mikakunin END

hnng1.jpg
hnng1.jpg

The ending was tooooooo sweet. Kobeni and Hakuya are so adorable and I'm so glad they finally understood their affection towards each other. Perfect ending to the show. Really was my favourite show of the season. I don't even want a S2 and I'm sure there won't be because everything was wrapped sublimely.

Awards

Anime of the Season
Best facial reactions of the Season
Best love story of the Season

OmakeGifAnime-MikakunindeShinkoukei-Episode3-YaySunset_zps12250a07.gif~original

jman2050

Mashiro literally makes the show. I love how it feels like everyone on the staff knows the show's really about Mashiro, the ED heavily features, the end card is her, hell, if I was in Kobeni's position I'd marry that boring dude just to get Mashiro into my family.

While what you said is 100% correct, Hakuya turns out to be a pretty cool dude at the end of it all. Dependable husbando for sure.

I will get around to that one of these days. Promise. You PM'd me the list and promised I would get to it. ;)

Let's be nice. I don't mind people doing a little ribbing on me for fun. I don't mind.

I can and do talk other anime! I've seen some shit, let me tell you.

I think I talk about other anime just as equally (I like to think). I just bring up Clannad and Angel Beats a lot because I legitimently like those shows. Like the saying goes "Everyone is a fan of something".

He's such a good ninja you never noticed.

I took this as a complement. So thanks. :)

That's not true.

PshycoNinja is marketing Angel Beats! too ;P

#Truthfact

Hahahaha. But I like that show too and I get way more crap for liking that more so than Clannad.

I guess everybody needs an enemies list.

I guess. :/

I like most people here, understanding everyone likes and watches different things. So I don't really have a list like that. :)

CorvoSol

I read all of your impressions posts in the voice of the Raven from Billy and Mandy.

It makes following this thread worth it on its own.

I hate Billy and Mandy, though.

I mean, I liked it initially, but when it became about how Mandy was such a great character and Fred Fred Burger my joy turned to loathing.

Pyscho don't sweat it bro. Can't believe people are hating you for liking Angel Beats and Clannad, two great animes when shit like Precure gets put on some pedestal for exactly what reason?

Yes I just went there.

Bring it, he's just a side character to Mashiro anyways.

Mashiro is comedic relief. Nothing more. The show is clearly centred on Kobeni and Hakuya's relationship.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Let's be nice. I don't mind people doing a little ribbing on me for fun. I don't mind.
jman is a professional grump, upset over his lack of a Mio Akiyama pillow. He's harmless. ;)

Pyscho don't sweat it bro. Can't believe people are hating you for liking Angel Beats and Clannad, two great animes when shit like Precure gets put on some pedestal for exactly what reason?

Yes I just went there.
Precure often IS shit. Max Heart was easily bottom 5 worst anime I've ever seen, and even people who aren't that particular about their anime tell others to avoid it.

However, it can also be good, and right now the current show is rather good indeed.

cajunator

Banned
This is still a thing? I love the thing that this is.

I have no idea what this list is about even now. Apparently I was on it and now Im not but I dont feel any different.

She does. Honestly I like Kobeni a lot but Mashiro was the shining star of this anime and the reason I kept up with it.

jman2050

jman is a professional grump, upset over his lack of a Mio Akiyama pillow. He's harmless. ;)

Waitwaitwaitwait, after some of the shenanigans people like Brandy, dimb, and others have pulled here while I've taken great strides to limit my hate only to shows that I legitimately do not like, I'm the professional grump around here?!

I take great umbrage to such a silly claim. Unaccetable

RiVzkEh.gif

Also if I wanted a Mio Akiyama pillow I'd already have one, and I don't, so ha!

cnet128

Banned

I see others have already covered this, but I feel the need to chime in anyway:

Much as I approve of your attitude towards Mashiro, consider her a goddamn miracle and easily one of the best characters of the season...you do NOT talk shit about Hakuya. Hakuya is cool. Hakuya is true husbando material.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
jman2050: But then you couldn't hate on K-ON anymore, and then there goes your paycheck! Think of the kids!

And yeah, Brady does get a little over-offended about certain things.

jbug617

Banned
Silver Spoon S2 11

I will miss this show. Great way to end
with Hachiken returning to his hometown and shows how much he has grown to friends and his parents. While the ending shows he has much more to grow.

Much as I approve of your attitude towards Mashiro, consider her a goddamn miracle and easily one of the best characters of the season...you do NOT talk shit about Hakuya. Hakuya is cool. Hakuya is true husbando material.

cnet we don't see eye to eye in many things
:lollicious
but we are agreed here.

cajunator

Banned

yeah theres nothing wrong with Hakuya.

Someone needed to say it.

Precure often IS shit. Max Heart was easily bottom 5 worst anime I've ever seen, and even people who aren't that particular about their anime tell others to avoid it.

However, it can also be good, and right now the current show is rather good indeed.

It feels to me like a show that will be incredibly cheesy (i.e lets use friendship to save the world), repetitive and tbh seems aimed at a much much younger audience.

It's not actually an enemies list!

Oh I see how it is. Backing up your own kin!

lol

I certainly hope one of those days isn't too far off! If you watch either one of those shows (preferably Gurren Lagann), I will continue watching Angel Beats. You have my word.

I promise to get to your stuff after I finish the Clannad Challenge anime I need to watch. I am actually almost done with the challenge stuff I have to watch. Branduil is behind. ;P

It's not actually an enemies list!

Oh I see how it is. Backing up your own kin!

Well I am not sure what it is but if it's bad then I apologize for whatever reason I am on that list. I try to be friendly to everyone here.

Unless it's a sexy list. That I won't apologize for. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom