• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
jman2050: But then you couldn't hate on K-ON anymore, and then there goes your paycheck! Think of the kids!

And yeah, Brady does get a little over-offended about certain things.

Did you just call him Brady?

That is the most offensive thing I have ever seen in AnimeGAF.

mAcOdIn

Well I am not sure what it is but if it's bad then I apologize for whatever reason I am on that list. I try to be friendly to everyone here.

Unless it's a sexy list. That I won't apologize for. ;)
Bah, it's like, to anime it up for you it's like In the anime Twelve Kingdoms where Yoko's trying to please everyone and ends up pleasing no-one, just be yourself and wear your conflicts as badges of honor.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Waitwaitwaitwait, after some of the shenanigans people like Brandy, dimb, and others have pulled here while I've taken great strides to limit my hate only to shows that I legitimately do not like, I'm the professional grump around here?!

I take great umbrage to such a silly claim. Unaccetable
It sounds like you really hate it.

cajunator

Banned
Yami

wahta is this i acmnai't my what

what the fuck am i watching

is this an ening i cant NO body deservwes this.

UYpuM63.jpg
+

Articalys

Looks like there was enough recent noise about all of Sentai's DVD-only releases that they decided to make an statement:

https://www.facebook.com/SentaiFilmworks/posts/827265647300549
Hey guys! We'd like to address something that our fans have been asking us quite a bit recently. Here is our official word on why some of our programs are being released DVD only as of late:
"Occasionally our programs may be subject to release parameters that are determined by underlying rights holders and which are otherwise outside our direct control. For example, a program's inclusion on certain media formats such as Blu-ray disc may be subject to a holdback that expires following release of a Japanese domestic version in that format."
So, there you have it, guys. Comments are appreciated. Thanks!
Whether or not you take their word on it is up to you.

Engaged to the Unidentified 12 [END]

I really liked this show the most out of everything this Winter season. This last episode was very sweet. I was worried last week that they wouldn't end it on a satisfactory note. I am glad my worries came to nothing as it ended very strongly and on a sweet note. Benio moments were legitimately funny. Mashiro moments were great. Kobeni when
she was a kid
was adorable and Hakuya finally elevating himself to BAMF status. The moment when
he saved Kobeni and what he said when he saved her
made me *slowclap.gif*.

I enjoyed almost every moment of every episode this show produced. I would welcome a second season with open arms but I also feel it ended on the right note. They can go either way and I would be happy. Sure there were some moments that were stale or jokes fell flat but 95% of the time it was great.

8/10 from me. I would recommend this anime to anyone who enjoys RomComs. :)

-PshycoNinja

Yami

Oh dear. Should I call an ambulance now, or wait until he's finished? I'm scared he'll die after the next one. And I haven't even watched this show.

I promise to get to your stuff after I finish the Clannad Challenge anime I need to watch. I am actually almost done with the challenge stuff I have to watch. Branduil is behind. ;P

Excellent. I eagerly await your impressions. :)

My Akari nendoroid arrived! At first I couldnt find it but its definitely Akarin~

Cool.

Looks like there was enough recent noise about all of Sentai's DVD-only releases that they decided to make an statement:

So... Then people will not buy on DVD and wait for a Blu-ray release, and then they'll cancel the Blu-ray plans because nobody bought the DVDs? :p

Mature

Hmm, Hosanna really isn't kidding about the last few years of BONES. Not really a single great show (besides FMA: B which frankly has a lot of problems) -

Soul Eater
Heiress of the Phantom Thief
X'amd
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
Darker than Black: Ryūsei no Gemini
Heroman
Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto
Gosick
Un-Go
Eureka Seven: Astral Ocean
Blast of Tempest
Tenkai Knights
Noragami

Look at all that mediocrity! Noragami is literally more competent than their last dozen or so shows!
I'll assume you omitted Space Dandy since it hasn't completed yet.

cajunator

Banned
Did you just call him Brady?

That is the most offensive thing I have ever seen in AnimeGAF.

Wow. Id be super offended by that.

I understand the reasoning, but it just dissuades me from buying things because I dont know if this means no bluray will ever come out or if I will get burned in the future by this. All it does is confuse consumers who just want the best version of something that will be available. I havent bought Future diary yet because of this uncertainty.

Bah, it's like, to anime it up for you it's like In the anime Twelve Kingdoms where Yoko's trying to please everyone and ends up pleasing no-one, just be yourself and wear your conflicts as badges of honor.

But... that is how I am. I try to be friendly to everyone but I am very forward with my opinion on entertainment (games, music, anime). I know some don't appreciate my opinion and others do. That's fine. But if someone doesn't like me for a personal reason, I like to try and resolve stuff like that. I take no pleasure in offending people and will take the opportunity to apologize when necessary.

Kill la Kill 24

You know I really did enjoy some of the parts in this episode. Right up until
Ryuko got the powerup of friendship
and then the ending sequence made me feel.

Though I'm quite sad because I thought the previous 2 episodes were better.

Oh well. It was a solid 8/10 show.

Engaged to the Unidentified 12 [END]

I really liked this show the most out of everything this Winter season. This last episode was very sweet. I was worried last week that they wouldn't end it on a satisfactory note. I am glad my worries came to nothing as it ended very strongly and on a sweet note. Benio moments were legitimately funny. Mashiro moments were great. Kobeni when
she was a kid
was adorable and Hakuya finally elevating himself to BAMF status. The moment when
he saved Kobeni and what he said when he saved her
made me *slowclap.gif*.

I enjoyed almost every moment of every episode this show produced. I would welcome a second season with open arms but I also feel it ended on the right note. They can go either way and I would be happy. Sure there were some moments that were stale or jokes fell flat but 95% of the time it was great.

8/10 from me. I would recommend this anime to anyone who enjoys RomComs. :)

-PshycoNinja

Anime of the season?

Anime of the season.

Space not so Dandy and Kill my Will eat your heart out.

Golden Time 24: Series Review

This show was a fucking rollercoaster and the drama was largely unnecessary. Fuck the Ghost Banri plot, and fuck the last two episodes before this one, the writer must've been watching mexican telenovelas as inspiration for sappy melodrama.

Having said that, I'm glad it ended the way it did.

-Koko and Banri get together again once Banri remembers her. She explains her reasoning for what she did, which was retarded. But thus is Koko's charm.

- 2D-kun ultimate bro move ftw. I want my own 2d-kun. He convinces Koko to stop being an asshole and go crazy over Banri instead of settling in self-pity and sadness.

- Linda finally confesses her feelings.. inside of a ghost banri setting? That makes no sense. That's fucking retarded. So we break the rules of the show over the one supernatural aspect for the sake of closure? My ass. Well at least now she's moved on and can hook up with Mitsuo in some future. Which is basically canon since she was blushing at the end when he was filming her.

- Again 2d-kun. I want my own.

The show as a whole had many highs, most stemming from Banri and Koko being a sweet couple. Then it had its lows, all of them stemming from the full retard amnesia plot. It was like 40 first dates, only stupid. Well more stupid.

If you can stomach the drama episodes to watch the episodes dealing with the relationship of Koko and Banri being sweet and 2d-kun being ultimate bro, then do watch it.

Golden Time gets an 8.5/10. 2D-kun brought it to a 9 easily, but the fucking amnesia bullshit brought it down to an 8.5. Toradora author don't include more shit like this in future work.

Syrinx

Yami

Oh this scene. The only scene to ever make me actually yell "WHAAAAAAAAT?!" in real life. I like to think it's special for doing that.

mAcOdIn

Regarding Kill la Kill:

I'm going to be mad if it really is Ryuko that saves the day, I kinda tire of all the "special because you're born special" crap when Satsuki should really be the main protagonist.
Oh well, gotta wait for Crunchyroll no one answer me.

cnet128

Banned
Silver Spoon S2 11 END

I'll admit, I started out fairly lukewarm on this show back when the first season began. I wasn't really expecting to enjoy a show about agriculture, and probably wouldn't even have checked it out at all if it weren't for the fact that I'm a big fan of the author from Fullmetal Alchemist and people who had read the manga seemed to have nothing but praise for it. And even after the show started - even well into this second season - the show has always felt quite low-key. While I've always enjoyed each and every episode while I was watching it, it's never really seemed to stand out in my mind, and most of the time I wouldn't have even considered it when thinking of which shows I was looking forward to watching each week, or which are my favourite shows of the season.

Which is why I feel the need to draw attention now to just how damn good this show really is. It's really come into its own in the latter half of this second season, to the point where despite it continuing to feel rather low-key I have started to think of it as one of the shows I look forward to watching each week, but that doesn't mean it's only just "got good". This has been a great show from the start, it's just that recently it's become even better.

The show does everything right, from the extremely strong character arcs to the occasional moments of legitimately powerful drama that never feels at all contrived or overblown, but rather extremely grounded in reality and all the more engrossing for it. It has humour which gives off the natural feeling of real friends joking around, even on those occasions when it's doing very "anime" style corny gags, and indeed the powerful sense of chemistry and camaraderie between all the characters is one of the show's strongest points. It's actually quite astounding how grounded and natural and "real" the whole show feels when you look at the kinds of over-the-top caricatures it has among its cast. This kind of combination shouldn't work, but it does. It absolutely does.

A special mention should go to the main character, Hachiken, who is pretty much everything a main character should aspire to be. He's so incredibly easy to like, and drives the whole show with his tireless hardworking nature, yet he has clear flaws too (often the very same things that are his strongest points), and these make him feel eminently human while also creating natural conflicts, troubles and worries that it's easy to get invested in. Hachiken as a character in general is so easy to get invested in - you always want to see him succeed, revelling in each small victory and cheering him on through his struggles. And perhaps most importantly of all, he never stops growing. You can feel how far he has come, and though he still has as many worries and issues to contend with as ever, it's clear that he's become a much stronger person over the course of the series, and it feels like that means something.

I personally feel that this has been a pretty strong season, and I'm sure you all know how full of praises I am for my favourite shows such as Mikakunin, so I hope you'll all appreciate that it means something when I say this is a strong candidate for best anime of the season and I'm honestly tempted to say it's better than any of them. I also think Silver Spoon might be better than Fullmetal Alchemist.

This was a great final episode of a great season of a great show, and I really hope we get more of it in future.

e_i

Kill la Kill episode 24

That catch is something else. That's a lot of
naked

Okairi.
Taidaima,
Nee.-san

Now, it's time for a
three way
dateo.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Little Butters EX 3

v1phzqnl.jpg

I love that someone decided to sub the oujo-laugh.

That said, I have no idea what is going on with this Little Busters arc. The ending in particular was one of those random plot twists that I assume is what a show like SamFlam is built on.

cajunator

Banned
Your barometers of quality are highly suspect since The Cuteness Imbalance Index is in play here.

Cuteness had zero to do with my Yami rating.

Oh this scene. The only scene to ever make me actually yell "WHAAAAAAAAT?!" in real life. I like to think it's special for doing that.

The ending to Magic Knight Rayearth did that to me.
after Yami ended I just clapped. Life would never be the same.

jgminto

Nagi no Asukara 25

So I'm guessing from the preview that
Miuna is stuck as the sacrifice for some time
, that would be a pretty brutal end to the show.

Syrinx

Cuteness had zero to do with my Yami rating.

The ending to Magic Knight Rayearth did that to me.
after Yami ended I just clapped. Life would never be the same.

No no no, Yami's was completely different. It just comes out of nowhere.
Eve's just talking and then "Imma impregnate you with myself LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!"

CorvoSol

YARMEYE TUWELBU

Oh, hello friend! Here to see some anime, are you? Well that's a fine way to spend your day off, I think. I mean, not as good as eating the jello pudding you found the other day, but you've worked hard this semester, and you deserve a break just before finals. Say, friend, have you heard about Yami? No? It's a charming little story about a sisterly love. Like Frozen, you liked that, didn't you? Well this is sort of like that. No, you haven't seen this? Oh, well, let me add that it's also a bit like the Pagemaster and Chrono Trigger before you dive into it. Oh, you want to see episode twelve? Well, okay, you can see episode twelve. Let's mark the rest for spoilers though, then, just in case, shall we?

You don't think that's necessary? Context does not exist in this single instance, you say? Well, okay, but on your own head be it.

Our episode begins where the last one left off, with everyone quite surprised by the arrival of the girl who has been missing since the first episode. Let's call her "Nancy" shall we? I can't remember which name the show is using at this point, so we'll just go with this one.

h0zcq6j.gif

Oh my, friend, that's quite the face you're making there. Understandable, though, I suppose. The subplot about the giant green ogre wanting to marry the reincarnated soul of the frog princess because she wrapped his hand is a bit annoying, especially since we're supposed to see it as an example of what love is, except the princess hasn't really indicated she loves this ogre and so for all intents and purposes the ogre is kidnapping and forcing her into a relationship. Don't you think you're overreacting to it a little bit, though? I mean they're supposed to represent aspects of Gargantua, right? So on some level he knows what love is, right?

But then why are they just left behind at the end of the episode? How does that work?

B8SN0M6.gif

C'mon, calm down friend. I know things just took a turn for the weird, but let's consider what we saw, try to process it, shall we? Obviously Eve has taken Gargantua and Ritsuko back to the now cheerfully decorated version of Gargantua's castle, cleanly eliminating any villain and any tension from the plot, and uhm, well, resolving this arc that the show has devoted significant amounts of time to without any character development, catharsis, or actual explanation of why or how this resolution came about. Sure, it's basically the equivalent of putting the MAIN VILLAIN on a bus because he's no longer convenient to the plot, but at least it's over and done, right? Let's think of the positives, shall we?

Besides, we still have to finish the episode.

gfRR88j.gif

I can't even keep up the silly charade of talking myself through this in the guise of psychic Bill Cosby now. Nobody can defend me from this.

I mean, Eve's like "THIS IS MY FINAL FORM BRO" and then she's just naked and then she puts on Lillith's RETARDED costume and is like "NO WAIT THIS IS MY FINAL FORM." in between this she leaves the universe like, twice. At least. And then she's repelling Hazuki with magic and Hazuki is all "WAAAAAAH IF I CAN'T HAVE YOU NO ONE CAN" which, I remind you, IS EXACTLY THE LINE OF THINKING THAT THE MAIN VILLAIN HAD but for some reason Eve is like "Nobody's ever loved me this much before!" even though actually the villain DEFINITELY must have loved her with this same kind of psychotic, possessive thinking that Hazuki is using except that Hazuki is a lesbincest sword main character and that's like, the only difference. Seriously, aside from the arbitrary distinction of heroine and villain there is NO concrete difference between these characters. You're about to say "one is male and one is female" but I have my doubts. On the one hand Gargantua would be the only woman who didn't have hilariously massive gazongas, on the other hand Gargantua does not actually seem to have a dick and also Aya is whatever gender you want Aya to be, but we're not done here.

Do you remember Kogechibi? The little troll that instigated the "periperi" nonsense? So it turns out she's a broach. Yeah. Just. Yeah just deal with that.

Anyway, so after using magic to repel Hazuki a bazillion times then Eve is like "fine whatever." And Hazuki is like "I LOVE YOU SO I HAVE TO STRANGLE YOU BECAUSE THAT'S TRUE LOVE." (Side note: for reals, I have never seen full-on yuri anime that did not involve one woman using violence on the other. It's sick and unnerving.) But then Hazuki fails at that because she's shit and Eve's like "Someday we'll meet again." And we're like "Oh okay sure whatever. No real explanation is being given about anything here but sure. Just go back to your home planet already." And then as Eve is going back to her home planet she's like "Yeah so I'm going to be your baby some day." And Hazuki caresses her belly like that's the sweetest thought ever.

Let's stop for just a minute and process. Hazuki. Is going to give birth to Hatsumi. The same Hatsumi who was her sister. Toward whom she was sexually attracted. In whose bed she masturbated. To whom she listened take a piss. Is going to be her baby. Come out of her body. Suck at her breast. Require nurturing and guidance and parenting from. She is going to give birth to her lover.

LqBSzby.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom