• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

I mean for the love of Christ who ever thought this was a good thing? It's not sweet. It's not romantic. It isn't cute. It isn't good or wholesome or okay in anyway. It's fucking creepy as all fuck.

God Almighty what in the Holy name of St. FUCK fuels the end of this show?

Theonik

I wanted to ask, it looks like 10 on the list was written way before it was filled given the different pen used. Based on the Miyazaki mark also being a different pen it would be dated on pre-fill Psyco era. So who was that empty coffin originally made for?

Why is it that I like listening to Nonon's voice from Kill La Kill, because I literally enjoy listening to the way she talks.
Arara

Has Corvo watched Black Rock Shooter TV yet?
jSQ2b79.png

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Golden Time 24 END

This ending was quite crazy predictable, with a little bit of 'what the fuck is going on.' Emotionally satisfying, but leave a big chunk about what I loved about this show at the wayside. While this episode is unabashedly focused on
Koko, Banri, and Linda
, the almost complete omission of
2D-kun, Oka, and Mitsuo
was disappointing
and we still don't see 2D-kun end up happy, like wtf. Dude is the Bro-est of Bros and he doesn't get he nor Oka really get their own happy ends but everyone else does? Man... that's some raw shit

Anyways, overall, this has been a pretty fun show. It's no where near the heights of Toradora! and has questionable story-telling methods, but the characters are amazing and there so many great moments that shine when they stand alone from the issues of the rest of show. Still a pretty damn enjoyable ride overall.

jman2050

I mean for the love of Christ who ever thought this was a good thing? It's not sweet. It's not romantic. It isn't cute. It isn't good or wholesome or okay in anyway. It's fucking creepy as all fuck.

God Almighty what in the Holy name of St. FUCK fuels the end of this show?

I have many words on Eve but that can wait until you finish 13.

13 hahahahahahaha...

Mature

Randomc does his usual preview of the Season
http://randomc.net/2014/03/27/spring-2014-preview/
I had almost forgotten that we're getting a new Kindaichi anime next season. I tried to watch the original version sometime last year but it felt a bit too dated for me to really dive into, despite enjoying the premise and characters. Hopefully this new adaptation will be just what I'm looking for.

And maybe we'll get an OVA of this or something:
2mDnMla.png

Anyone else watching?

Nagi no Asu Kara 25

I don't see why they'd want to do another ofunehiki after what happened last time. How could they not anticipate another disaster? 1 episode left. I'm going to miss this series! You really can't help but feel bad for Miuna =(

CorvoSol

What's this show Corvo is watching.

I'm curious now.

If, by some chance, anybody ever tells you about AnimeGAF's List and you say to yourself "I am man enough to watch all of this back to back to back without a single break because I can handle bad things."

DO

NOT

DO

IT

Go_Ly_Dow

Silver Spoon S2 11

WHAT. THat's the finale? FUCK FUCKF UCKF CUFKC.

Now what do we have to look forward too? Shitty Kyoani shows because they won't greenlight Hyouka Season 2 or adapt more KEY material. Spring will suck. Anime is dead.

I want more Silver Spoon and I want it now :(

Silver Spoon S2 11

Now what do we have to look forward too? Shitty Kyoani shows because they won't greenlight Hyouka Season 2 or adapt more KEY material. Spring will suck. Anime is dead.

But JoJo dude.

uoxSshe.jpg
Infntxt.png

Pokemon XY 20

I maaaaay be developing a crush on Viola.

She looks absolutely terrific in that outfit.

Never thought the anime would make me a Grant fan.

Wrote him off as flat in the games, but here he's pretty awesome.

CorvoSol

So yeah, it's Yami 13 time.

In my final lucid moments the following must be noted:

1) My Mecha backlog I bequeath to Narag.

2) Madp is not invited to the funeral if this all goes down the way I think it might.

3)Hito gets to perform the eulogy.

4) Nobody inherits shit if Cajun cannot cry for three days straight.

Link Man

Banned
Yamibo 6

I like that Hazuki's reaction to Lilith's flirtations is to ready her sword.

Tigers can understand human speech. Okay.

Milka's first reaction is to assume that she's going to be hit. This is gonna be a fun episode.

A six-year-old asking a middle-schooler if she has a lover. Sure, why not. Oh, and she can't tell if Hazuki is a man or woman; I hear Goku has a method for figuring that one out.

And now the bird is going on a tirade about breasts. Splendid.

Now Milka is introducing herself to Hazuki. Again. Please don't make this a thing, show.

Best. Tiger. Ever.

Pancake time!

Oh god, they really did make the bird a pervert. I guess that means there are no likable characters in the show.

Holy crap, she was whipped? By her mother?! For lying and talking back!?! What the hell?

And then the sea parted. Oh Kogechibi, you rascal!

And we end with Milka drowning, even though we saw her grown up at the beginning of the episode.

Also, what's up with the elf boy?

Moonphase 1-4
I decided to watch this show again since it has been years since I've seen. This time subbed since i watched it dubbed originally. There was some interesting action in this show that i forgot about. Hazuki is adorable. I can definitely tell some early Shaft in this. Most notably the quite often done falling pan thing and the view for the house sort of like a dollhouse.

Quasar

Finales.

Golden Time -
A happy ending. As if it would be anything else. Overall I really liked this. Though I question the need for such an overt metaphor as the ghost was.

Engaged to the Unidentified - A sweet happy ending. What a sweet show. Really...this was quite a surprise for me. I really didn't expect it to be this kind of show when it started.

My Big Sister Arrives - My guilty pleasure of the season ends. Again given its premise I did not expect to like this. I guess with it being a short it didn't have time for it to go bad.

Thoraxes

Silver Spoon S2 11

Why would they greenlight more shitty Kyoani shows?

The Tatami Galaxy 8

Well it looks like the last three episodes tied together well enough with each obviously ending a different way. Out of all of them, episode 6 was the most entertaining. This is still one of the weirdest anime that I have seen.

Thoraxes

Golden Time - 24 END

All in all not bad. The build-up to this payoff was a little over-dramatic (the previous two weeks were a little too much for me), but the end was totally worth it. As someone who knows Linda is objectively the best girl, I was breaking out the bubbly when
she was all "YES, MY ANSWER IS YES" only to be defeated a little later, wallowing in my defeat.

I really liked how his past self left all the notes for him to get it back, but it wasn't till the handheld mirror that he came back. The little thing like that which made him remember was a nice touch, as was 2D-kun being the ultimate bro and show-saver. I'm disappointed Linda is going for Mitsuo though, I really wanted Oka to be happy :(

Maybe she'll get with 2D-kun.

The only thing I was a little confused about was exactly what he retained. I'm just figured it was one of the things I predicted last week, where he basically gets both back, and has all his memory again. The bridge scene was nice, and the whole "GO GET HER" scene was really nice too, full of emotion and the yelling.

Also, I want 2D-kun to be happy.

He is the broest of bros and he didn't get shit in the end.
He deserved more.

All in all, i'm happy I watched this show. It was fun, and was in a setting that I tend to enjoy a lot. All the girls were great and it was an enjoyable ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom