• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shengar

[
Infntxt.png
Fuck, that is HGSS tier costume right there, why wouldn't see wear that instead for her actual costume instead? D:
The Tatami Galaxy 8

Well it looks like the last three episodes tied together well enough with each obviously ending a different way. Out of all of them, episode 6 was the most entertaining. This is still one of the weirdest anime that I have seen.
I see that you haven't watch Mawaru Penguindrum yet

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Pupa 12 END

So I guess this was like an OVA sidestory? Cute, I guess, other than the really really unsettling voices of the people in the consumes.

Anyways, this show was bad. To be fair it was gruesome as all hell and absolutely disgusting to listen to and watch. But what it tried to do with atmosphere it squandered with it's storytelling that was unable to cope with being crammed into 4-minute episodes and seemed to be almost begging to get second season. Please don't give it a second season, this thing was a failure.

cajunator

Banned
Corvo the GOAT.

he really is our national treasure.

I mean for the love of Christ who ever thought this was a good thing? It's not sweet. It's not romantic. It isn't cute. It isn't good or wholesome or okay in anyway. It's fucking creepy as all fuck.

God Almighty what in the Holy name of St. FUCK fuels the end of this show?

mmm pancakes

What's this show Corvo is watching.

I'm curious now.

yami to boshi. Watch it! *bounces

So yeah, it's Yami 13 time.

In my final lucid moments the following must be noted:

1) My Mecha backlog I bequeath to Narag.

2) Madp is not invited to the funeral if this all goes down the way I think it might.

3)Hito gets to perform the eulogy.

4) Nobody inherits shit if Cajun cannot cry for three days straight.

Ill cry for you Corvy. Ill fill the world with tears of great loss

wonzo

Banned
Randomc does his usual preview of the Season
http://randomc.net/2014/03/27/spring-2014-preview/
No Game No Life

If you read the synopsis and thought “Sounds like Mondaiji“, you’re not alone. But I really enjoyed Mondaiji, so that was enough to make me excited instantly. Once I looked into it more, my excitement only grew. Where the problem children of Mondaiji were overpowered in the real world, the siblings here are only experts at games, and personality-wise they’re far more caustic, eccentric, and ridiculous. Sometimes it’s great to see extremely competent protagonists triumph against long odds, and that’s what I’ll be looking forward to here. On the staff side, Ishizuka Atsuko is the director, best known (in my mind) as the director of my beloved Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo. You can even see her influence on the casting, because the seiyuu for Sakurasou’s Sorata and Mashiro are headlining this adaptation. The other seiyuu are all big names as well – Hikasa Yoko, Tamura Yukari, Sawashiro Miyuki, and more – and with series composition done by Hanada Jukki, who has worked with nearly everyone on everything, the fundamentals of this series look good. Hopefully this adaptation will go off without a hitch, because I could use some more heroic hikikomori NEETs in my life.
camby.png

cajunator

Banned
Moonphase 1-4
I decided to watch this show again since it has been years since I've seen. This time subbed since i watched it dubbed originally. There was some interesting action in this show that i forgot about. Hazuki is adorable. I can definitely tell some early Shaft in this. Most notably the quite often done falling pan thing and the view for the house sort of like a dollhouse.

I love this show. It kickstarted my love of Studio Shaft before I knew what Shaft even was. I know a lot more about studios at this point but Shaft is still one of the best. Hazuki is indeed precious. Just the right amount of bossy imouto.

Gazoinks

The Tatami Galaxy 8

Well it looks like the last three episodes tied together well enough with each obviously ending a different way. Out of all of them, episode 6 was the most entertaining. This is still one of the weirdest anime that I have seen.

And this is probably the least weird of the three shows Yuasa's directed, too. :p

I see that you haven't watch Mawaru Penguindrum yet

I need to watch that. I like weird anime.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
We should all bet on which show will have incest themes come up first:

No Game No Life or Mahouka

Hmmm tough question

Both will have it from the very 1st episode

Personally, i have high expectation for Ping Pong, Startdust Crusader, and Mushihi.
Special mention to Mekaku City Actor since high chance i will love the OP, BGM, and ED.

This thread went some places today. I learned that PshycoNinja and Psycho_Mantis are two different people. I'm not sure why I didn't know that, maybe all pshychos look the same to me.

What is it with thursday always so filled with shows. Not necessarily with shows I want, but its double all the other weekdays.

MBS's Animeism block in the West, TBS's anime block in the East, and NoitaminA rounds out three different blocks on one night. There's 6 shows there.

wonzo

Banned
Ping Pong

You see, his heart has been scarred and he can no longer smiiiiiiile. I think I may have already exhausted the amusement Yet Another Fringe Sport sport show will provide by looking at the live action movie version’s poster. It looks like one is sitting on the other while doing dramatic ponging. And then a guy comes to play them from China… named China. Oh, right, and because the promo was nothing but shots of scenery and rotoscoping. And it’s a noitaminA show. I can’t even count how many strikes that is. Like, three.

Wow this dude really does hate everything.

Hmmm tough question

Both will have it from the very 1st episode

Personally, i have high expectation for Ping Pong, Startdust Crusader, and Mushihi.
Special mention to Mekaku City Actor since high chance i will love the OP, BGM, and ED.
I'm going to need the source of your avatar, hair ears intrigue me.

Quasar

MBS's Animeism block in the West, TBS's anime block in the East, and NoitaminA rounds out three different blocks on one night. There's 6 shows there.

OK.

Still I do wonder what's special about Thursdays for anime. Some historical reason? Just success for one network caused others to compete by having their own anime blocks the same night?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Chuuni 2 End:
Well, they can kiss when they get married.

Golden Time - 24
I'm satisfied by this ending ..for those who were angry by ep 22 & 23 , bear in mind that the writter needed to write a full book and that's why some of this stuff happenned.
I won't lie , most of the things are solved now.

2D-kun
best bro ? best bro !

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Engaged to the Unidentified - 12 [END]

This episode was just sickly sweet. Nailed all the right notes with me and finished off strong. Here's hoping we get another season.

Benio-sama da bessssssss

cajunator

Banned
Golden Time - 24
I'm satisfied by this ending ..for those who were angry by ep 22 & 23 , bear in mind that the writter needed to write a full book and that's why some of this stuff happenned.
I won't lie , most of the things are solved now.

2D-kun
best bro ? best bro !

Sounds promising. Koko should be happy even if that means being with that clusterfuck Banri.

loool
Daimidaler The Sound Robot
http://penguin-empire.com/
Studio: TNK
Genre: Action, Comedy
Staff/Cast Information
Premiers April 6th

Premise:
Kouchi can generate special particles to power a super robot, but only when he gropes girls. His robot is the best hope against the penguin robots of the evil Penguin Empire.

i will watch it , for the plot .. i mean for the PLOT .. well oh you guys got it .

JoeFu

Banned
Just finished Maoyu because someone said it was written by the same guy who wrote Log Horizon. I liked it, but didn't like how it ended. So much stuff still going on like the Third Crusade and the Gamilon looking dude at the end. oh well

cajunator

Banned
Engaged to the Unidentified - 12 [END]

This episode was just sickly sweet. Nailed all the right notes with me and finished off strong. Here's hoping we get another season.

Benio-sama da bessssssss

every season theres a show nobody expected to be great. Mikakunin joins this beloved group.

loool

i will watch it , for the plot .. i mean for the PLOT .. well oh you guys got it .

HOLY SHIT THAT SOUNDS AMAZING

OK.

Still I do wonder what's special about Thursdays for anime. Some historical reason? Just success for one network caused others to compete by having their own anime blocks the same night?

TBS started in 2004 after having irregular dates/times which caused MBS to do the same for the western side a couple years later (as they're sister stations). Dunno why Fuji went for Thursdays.

Magical Warfare 12 [END]

Well that was certainly a memorable final episode. I personally enjoyed the Gekkou Takeshi fight as two brothers going at it to potentially resolve conflicts and trying to get some aligned interests is never unwelcome. I like the bonds aspect and how their brotherly love transcends
even time itself.

Unfortunately that kind of hurt the episode in a huge way especially considering its the final episode.
Going back in time made no sense for something occurring at the 20 minute mark and just gave no one any idea what was going on. I guess Light Novel readers would know and that it was a rather cheap tactic to use to get us to go out and read it just to know what happens next, but for an anime and storytelling its like the writer just phoned in it.

6/10. The beginning of the anime started off with promise, the animation and magic effects was pretty low key for the most part and disappointing which is odd for Madhouse (even looking at the No Game No Life PV which looks much better and more refined), and the soundtrack was unmemorable. Had Gekkou not entered into the plot in the last five or so it would have been a rather bad series. Certainly nothing I will buy but it did get me to want to see the LN, and the final fight was actually good. Best va performances were from Takeshi and Gekkou, Gekkou's va whenever he whimpers or sounds exhausted is my favorite thing.

Golden Time 24

This was probably the best you could hope for given how the last episode ended. It didn't work very well, but that was because of all the shit that came before it. I wouldn't recommend this show, the bad parts were really bad, and the writing did an incredibly poor job of making its blatant plot devices palatable.

I think I'm done with Infamous: Second Sonpai Please Notice Me for the day. I've been wanting to rewatch Baccano for a while now and since I've never seen the dub and now have the blu-ray, it'll happen either today after more Great Teacher Onizuka, or tomorrow morning.

In Aura they
kissed twice.
sperior chuuni anime

But they kissed twice...
in the cheek

There are other ways to show love beside kisses. But since Hollywood introduced the Hollywood kiss, hugs or holding hands are no longer signs of love, and this is how some old aunts and uncles of mine show love, instead of hot kisses.

CorvoSol

YAMI TO BOBOBO BO BOBOBO BO BO TO PANKEIKI NO SEIKAI DE PANQUECAS 13

ibrjclx5idcdnC.gif

What. WHAT. WHATWHATWHATTHEFUCK DID THAT EVEN WHAT THE FUCKD TID THAT EVEN MEAN!?

What was the point of Meirin and Seiren as characters? They're jsut compleklsrly forgotten at the end and I todn pt'aeven knwo what the hrwell I just looked at i menaen can you realyhlu just readoj to he enteire fireist epsrtieseode like that!?

And I would like to point out that HATSUMI MADE OUT WITH HER MOTHER. WHO IS HER SISTER. WHO IS HER MOTHER. WHO SHE MADE OUT WITH. WHAT EHE KDmna;okdOLdjaglkwn/LT'ra|RSA :LCGRA'M;TR

PANCAKES ARE EVIL.

FUJCK MEAT. PANCAKES ARE SATAN"S DISKH

TASTREWS THE BATTER OF SIN BITCHES.

I AM ALPHA AND DOMEGA THE FIRKEDST EPISODE AND THE LAST EPIOSDE. I AMDBNMA THE BEGINNING, THE MIDLAKNSLE AND THE END.

ibgiCBV9FoNT49.gif

LET Me tell you something about the LIST man. THE LIST IS SHIT. SHIT. SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT. And if you watch it? YOUR LIFE MEASN SHIT. YOU ARE SHIT TO THE LIST. THE LIST DON'T GIVE A SHIT. You think you're gonna be fine watching Code Geass and Blood C and shit and then you begin to claw your wahy throough the sitcky crust of 80s cop ovas and that's where you find youasrlef being lecutred on the glori of bad dubs.

BUT THAT'S THE BEGINNG.

Then, right there at the bottom, when you're like "I can see the home stretch! This is the path to regaining my self respect and the admiration of my peers!" THAT'S WHEN YOU START WATCHING INTERPLANETARY LESBIAN RAPE STORIES.

The Tatami Galaxy 10

It's all coming together and for that I am grateful. For a while I thought this would just end on whatever. But they must've had almost no budget by the time this episode reared it's head. The combination of live action and animation never works well.... ever. The animation was already so-so. This was another level of bad though.

cajunator

Banned
YAMI TO BOBOBO BO BOBOBO BO BO TO PANKEIKI NO SEIKAI DE PANQUECAS 13

ibrjclx5idcdnC.gif

What. WHAT. WHATWHATWHATTHEFUCK DID THAT EVEN WHAT THE FUCKD TID THAT EVEN MEAN!?

What was the point of Meirin and Seiren as characters? They're jsut compleklsrly forgotten at the end and I todn pt'aeven knwo what the hrwell I just looked at i menaen can you realyhlu just readoj to he enteire fireist epsrtieseode like that!?

And I would like to point out that HATSUMI MADE OUT WITH HER MOTHER. WHO IS HER SISTER. WHO IS HER MOTHER. WHO SHE MADE OUT WITH. WHAT EHE KDmna;okdOLdjaglkwn/LT'ra|RSA :LCGRA'M;TR

PANCAKES ARE EVIL.

FUJCK MEAT. PANCAKES ARE SATAN"S DISKH

TASTREWS THE BATTER OF SIN BITCHES.

I AM ALPHA AND DOMEGA THE FIRKEDST EPISODE AND THE LAST EPIOSDE. I AMDBNMA THE BEGINNING, THE MIDLAKNSLE AND THE END.

ibgiCBV9FoNT49.gif

LET Me tell you something about the LIST man. THE LIST IS SHIT. SHIT. SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT. And if you watch it? YOUR LIFE MEASN SHIT. YOU ARE SHIT TO THE LIST. THE LIST DON'T GIVE A SHIT. You think you're gonna be fine watching Code Geass and Blood C and shit and then you begin to claw your wahy throough the sitcky crust of 80s cop ovas and that's where you find youasrlef being lecutred on the glori of bad dubs.

BUT THAT'S THE BEGINNG.

Then, right there at the bottom, when you're like "I can see the home stretch! This is the path to regaining my self respect and the admiration of my peers!" THAT'S WHEN YOU START WATCHING INTERPLANETARY LESBIAN RAPE STORIES.

Itadakimasu!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom