• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

What did any of that even MEAN?

I mean major characters are introduced and discarded with no message. The heroine makes no character development over the course of the plot. The villain is put on a bus and abandons his motives like that, and then the heroine and her sister/daughter make out in the past even though she's been aborted from history so that she can make out with her actual sister in a library.

WHERE DID THE YELLOW BIRD EVEN GO?

What happened to that stuff about Soma?

What happened to anything? Why was she hopping around from world to world? What stopped her from doing so again? Why was THE ENTIRE STORY inside ANOTHER STORY at the end in a book that Aya the nongenderspecific dark elf was carrying in a desert of no specific importance?

Just WHY

jgminto

I tried to warn you about the pancakes...

I think I'm done with Infamous: Second Sonpai Please Notice Me for the day. I've been wanting to rewatch Baccano for a while now and since I've never seen the dub and now have the blu-ray, it'll happen either today after more Great Teacher Onizuka, or tomorrow morning.

Dub > Sub

CorvoSol

How did they get away with recycling 95% of the 1st episode and using it as the last episode?

Why did they do that?

Was the first episode repeating itself?

Did that kiss actually happen or did the other stuff happen?

When did that nonsense about a me who did and a me who didn't get said? I don't remember that. Was this nonsense supposed to represent that?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
YAMI TO BOBOBO BO BOBOBO BO BO TO PANKEIKI NO SEIKAI DE PANQUECAS 13

ITADAKIMASU

vcyHLJ7l.jpg

Golden Time 24

Okay episode I think; I don't think amnesia works like that. Bridge scene was stupid and not sure what they were going for there
Linda sees/embraces Ghost Banri and says YES! ? Then she proceeds to shout out YES! on random topics making her look like a lunatic.

Better than Toradora! ? Hell no. I'm so glad I watched White Album 2 this season as Golden Time sure as hell doesn't deserve best romance for 2013.

wonzo

Banned
Just finished Maoyu because someone said it was written by the same guy who wrote Log Horizon. I liked it, but didn't like how it ended. So much stuff still going on like the Third Crusade and the Gamilon looking dude at the end. oh well
Read the superior adaptation.

But they kissed twice...
in the cheek
I'm p. sure both times
were on the lips
unless I'm remembering it wrong.

cajunator

Banned
What did any of that even MEAN?

I mean major characters are introduced and discarded with no message. The heroine makes no character development over the course of the plot. The villain is put on a bus and abandons his motives like that, and then the heroine and her sister/daughter make out in the past even though she's been aborted from history so that she can make out with her actual sister in a library.

WHERE DID THE YELLOW BIRD EVEN GO?

What happened to that stuff about Soma?

What happened to anything? Why was she hopping around from world to world? What stopped her from doing so again? Why was THE ENTIRE STORY inside ANOTHER STORY at the end in a book that Aya the nongenderspecific dark elf was carrying in a desert of no specific importance?

Just WHY

My best guess is Japan was particularly impressed with The neverending story but they just couldnt help their anime tendencies. Also Seiren was explained in the show as a character Lilith created and forgot about. Which sums the show up really.
They knew the whole time Corvy. THEY KNEW.
10/10 Mediablasters is shit.

tumblr_m13luvDrvp1qbw0gqo1_500.gif

Pupa 12

Fuck. This. Show.

Everything about it completely sucked.

The only reason that made the anime look interesting? Covered with shitty censoring and having to listen to some shitty biting noises.

So what did that leave?

Characters? Well, we had a Brother whose only role was to serve getting himself killed by a monster, beaten up by a no name character, screaming his head off like a headless chicken for almost every episode, and being served as an all you can eat buffet for his beloved sister. Speaking of whom, I can literally describe her with two simple words: Oniichan and Crunch. Wait that's not fair. Let me include having the ability to transform into a horribly designed monster. Mother was right in hating her. Should have killed her off and let the brother despair in his failure over not saving her. Maybe then, something actually interesting would have happen. Course we can't forget about the obviously evil woman controlling things from the background and plotting whatever bad shit she was scheming. What's her last appearance? Getting herself knocked up with an incest baby, whom I'm going to presume is ravaging her insides and pulling an Alien or some other shit. I don't care anymore.

Plot? Skip, skip, skip, skip, and skip, for an incoherent mess that almost never made any sense. Course this could be blamed because of the short amount time. I could also blame it on how utterly incompetent it was to focus on scenes that served absolutely no purpose (i.e. the punk).

Want to know what was good? The 4 minute run time. Because mother of god, believe me when I say that I would not have tortured myself into going through all these episodes, if this was a regular timed show.

1/10 Dreadful. Congrats Pupa, you are by far one of the worst anime shows I've ever had the displeasure of seeing.

Midonin

Tears to Tiara 21-23

Tailesin... dude. The flashback may have given you a hint to the endgame, but that's quite the way to go out.
I've got the gist of what's going on here now. King Arthur and Satan, son of Merlin, fight against an evil Empire, and then against the Angels themselves while surrounded by various figures from mythology, and not necessarily their mythology.
It's not a bad concept, as I've said before.

Some very backstory heavy episodes for the first two, but everything makes sense now. I thought that "friendship" was a little too common for the central message of the series, but when everyone in heaven acts like a dick, I start to appreciate it a little more. The giants were mostly used to show how hard the door was to open - not a whole lot of fame for the big guys - and having
Drwc return
reminds me of just how over the top evil this guy was. Kill him again, as soon as possible. Him and his Obelisk. (The Tormentor!)

Morgan and Octavia remain the best, and Llyr and Rathty make a nice pairing as well. But the name "Gravitas" for Elven kryptonite strikes me as weird. It does induce a feeling of heaviness, so the root words is okay... but that's not really what "Gravitas" conjures for an English speaker. Close enough, Japan.

There are other ways to show love beside kisses. But since Hollywood introduced the Hollywood kiss, hugs or holding hands are no longer signs of love, and this is how some old aunts and uncles of mine show love, instead of hot kisses.

You can hug and hold hands with family and close friends. You can't kiss people in the mouth without it being romantic. When you're attracted to someone, and you're a bit more grown up, it's the first sign of intimacy that may lead to hot sexy time or business time.

Unless you're one of those weird families that kiss in the lips with your children/parents.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Sometimes, I want to open a second MAL account just to write troll reviews and recommendations.

Link Man

Banned
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m13luvDrvp1qbw0gqo1_500.gif[IMG]

[B]Pupa 12[/B]

Fuck. This. Show.

Everything about it completely sucked.

The only reason that made the anime look interesting? Covered with shitty censoring and having to listen to some shitty biting noises.

So what did that leave?

Characters? Well, we had a Brother whose only role was to serve getting himself killed by a monster, beaten up by a no name character, screaming his head off like a headless chicken for almost every episode, and being served as an all you can eat buffet for his beloved sister. Speaking of whom, I can literally describe her with two simple words: [I]Oniichan[/I] and [I]Crunch[/I]. Wait that's not fair. Let me include having the ability to transform into a horribly designed monster. Mother was right in hating her. Should have killed her off and let the brother despair in his failure over not saving her. Maybe then, something actually interesting would have happen. Course we can't forget about the obviously evil woman controlling things from the background and plotting whatever bad shit she was scheming. What's her last appearance? Getting herself knocked up with an incest baby, whom I'm going to presume is ravaging her insides and pulling an Alien or some other shit. I don't care anymore.

Plot? Skip, skip, skip, skip, and skip, for an incoherent mess that almost never made any sense. Course this could be blamed because of the short amount time. I could also blame it on how utterly incompetent it was to focus on scenes that served absolutely no purpose (i.e. the punk).

Want to know what was good? The 4 minute run time. Because mother of god, believe me when I say that I would not have tortured myself into going through all these episodes, if this was a regular timed show.

[B]1/10 Dreadful[/B]. Congrats Pupa, you are by far one of the worst anime shows I've ever had the displeasure of seeing.[/QUOTE]
New list show?

Quasar

Golden Time 24

Okay episode I think; I don't think amnesia works like that. Bridge scene was stupid and not sure what they were going for there
Linda sees/embraces Ghost Banri and says YES! ? Then she proceeds to shout out YES! on random topics making her look like a lunatic.

Certainly I don't think if the old memories return they don't just overwrite the new ones made in the interrum.

It oddly though made me thinking of a movie i only ever saw the trailers for. It was called 'Regarding Henry' where (if my vague memories are true) a dirtbag lawyer gets amnesia and the amnesia version is a nice and kind person and everyone has to deal with that. I don't know if they dealt with his old memories and personality returning though.

And that's one thing about Golden Time. The Banri's weren't really that different in terms of personalities.

Better than Toradora! ? Hell no.

I need to try Toradora again now, as I dropped it partway through last time.

CorvoSol

But they kissed twice...
in the cheek

There are other ways to show love beside kisses. But since Hollywood introduced the Hollywood kiss, hugs or holding hands are no longer signs of love, and this is how some old aunts and uncles of mine show love, instead of hot kisses.

This reminds me of the time a girl tried to kiss my cheek as a greeting, haha. I was freaking out because 1)I'm not smooth and 2)as a clergyman I was expressly forbidden even from greeting kisses at the time. Poor child looked so at a loss when I made a scene of jerking away from the kiss and stuff. Felt so bad.

Corvo learned tomatoes are not oranges, tomatoes are pancakes.

TOMATOES ARE VIRTUE

PANCAKES ARE THE INDUSTRIAL SHIT OF THE CENTURIES. THEY ARE THE MERIKAN BURGER OF ANIME FOODSTUFFS

Link Man

Banned
This reminds me of the time a girl tried to kiss my cheek as a greeting, haha. I was freaking out because 1)I'm not smooth and 2)as a clergyman I was expressly forbidden even from greeting kisses at the time. Poor child looked so at a loss when I made a scene of jerking away from the kiss and stuff. Felt so bad.

TOMATOES ARE VIRTUE

PANCAKES ARE THE INDUSTRIAL SHIT OF THE CENTURIES. THEY ARE THE MERIKAN BURGER OF ANIME FOODSTUFFS
Wait. YOU WERE A CLERGYMAN?

I want to go watch Book of Mormon with Corvo now. First foul-mouthed Mormon I've met. At least gotten to know enough to the point they openly curse in front of me... behind a screen.

Hozuki no Reitetsu 12

Being Beelzebub is suffering.

Lilith is a fun character. Wasn't feeling too much of the Yellow Emperor skit though.

Shengar

But they kissed twice...
in the cheek

This is why I fucking hate Hollywood kiss so much.

The Tatami Galaxy 10

It's all coming together and for that I am grateful. For a while I thought this would just end on whatever. But they must've had almost no budget by the time this episode reared it's head. The combination of live action and animation never works well.... ever. The animation was already so-so. This was another level of bad though.

Dude, Tatami Galaxy is one of the best animated TV shows there's ever been.

On a completely different note, I've heard two OP's for Great Teacher Onizuka and I love both so far. Keep this up and it could be like Gintama where a relatively long running series has great OP's. But Gintama has most people beat there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom