• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midonin

Zettai Shougeki Platonic Heart

Episode 1-First Half of Episode 5

I've got an idea of what I'm getting into. Lots of martial arts matches that result in nudity. And I got exactly that. The way everyone commits to their gimmick is laid on a bit hard at times, but the familiarity of certain anime archetypes is the appeal of these things. The tricked-out magical girl staff reminded me of Flamenco Diamond's a bit, that's neat. Animation's decent, and it looks like this was one of the last hurrahs for Little Non before they stopped performing. And it's short, so I can finish this by tonight.

Second Half of Episode 5

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

HUGE sudden tonal shift, suddenly going into the sex slave industry and impostors and revenge and revenge on other people that just keeps going back and what is going on? The final shot of the series being a silent scream just... I need to watch something happier for my next backlog series. Anything happier. I'd sort of read about this before, so I had vague memories of what was going to occur, but that can't take away from actually seeing it.

The mystery was there as early as episode 2, and the foreshadowing that something was going on was there, but the actual reveal and the 10 minutes of exposition that followed just yanked the rug out from under me and left me feeling mostly very confused. I'm not opposed to grittiness in my anime, but this feels like the sidewalk turned into sandpaper when I wasn't looking. Wow.

Rin from Shuffle was so forgettable. I had a hard time recalling his name a few nights ago when discussing it with someone. Plus at the end everyone was
like "I won't give up trying to get him to fall in love with me" after he chose Asa
. Ugh.

The show turned from forgettable to decent for me when he

A. Chose the girl. Which was best girl.
B. Crazy ass yandere appeared out of nowhere haha. I was all "well that sure turned dark out of nowhere"

Can't be worse then Toradora's ending.

Let me just warn you now to begin with, if you expect him to choose a girl or for somebody to confess or for somebody to get in the lead, I wouldn't continue watching if I were you. The manga is infamous for giving the appearance that the particular plot would advance early on then it Endless Eight'd with the romantic aspect. As in it didn't go anywhere and still hasn't.

Huh. I just realized that this season is going to break up the Break Blade movies into an anime series. Is that an attempt to make it popular again so I can finally get a continuation? I mean I'd read the manga but it's so slow to update.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Gundam Build Fighters - 25 [END]

Incredible finale for an incredible series. I had goosebumps from start to finish it was that good. Sorry Sakura Trick, but you might've just been bumped to #2 for AOTY.

Narag

Incredible finale for an incredible series. I had goosebumps from start to finish it was that good. Sorry Sakura Trick, buy you might've just been bumped to #2 for AOTY.

SDBurton, the peanut gallery demands your opinion on the canon pairings.

Incredible finale for an incredible series. I had goosebumps from start to finish it was that good. Sorry Sakura Trick, buy you might've just been bumped to #2 for AOTY.

Did...SDBurton...just consider ranking a mecha show with no Yuri...over an actual yuri show?

I'm not mistaken about this am I? There's no Yuri in Build Fighters right?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
You know most anime that I watch I usually don't hate but if I had to pick one it would be School Days, fuck that anime. It made me hate the main character so much, but you could say it wasn't all his fault for being a condescending prick due to a special little someone, who caused some of the problems. It made me so disgusted and especially that ending, but if theirs one good thing about that anime it would be that you shouldn't be a dickish asshole because karma will come back to bite you or
you could even lose a head.
That's like saying Macbeth sucked because the main guy was a dick and died at the end. :D

Can't have animosity without anime.
I hate because I wanted to love. :(

wonzo

Banned
I hate because I wanted to love. :(
nandakavelonica6b.jpg

SDBurton

SDBurton, the peanut gallery demands your opinion on the canon pairings.

Canon Pairings:

Sei x China

Reiji x Aila

Fellini x Kirara

Nils x Caroline

Mao x Misaki

The pairings had the chemistry required to make it both enjoyable and believable. While Caroline x China could've been a thing, Sei x China is just way too strong.

Canon Pairings:

Sei x China

Reiji x Aila

Fellini x Kirara

Nils x Caroline

Mao x Misaki

The pairings had the chemistry required to make it both enjoyable and believable. While Caroline x China could've been a thing, Sei x China is just way too strong.

There's something wrong here. SDBurton has been replaced by a body snatcher.

Gbraga

Oreimo 4 was great, Kirino is great, Ayase is great, Kuroneko is great. I even like the protagonist, whatever the fuck his name is.

jman2050

School Days is bad but it couldn't be helped given the source material. The anime staff did an admirable job creating something engaging and memorable out of that mess. Kind of like when you play a version of Barbie Princess Horse Adventures in Magical Fairyland that's actually kind of okay because despite being shackled to making licensed toy promotional schlock the developers actually tried.

Nisekoi 12

Oh....

Well if that was the ending that was a little disappointing but typical for a RomCom show because they never really give you a strait answer.

However, a little google search tells me that this is a 20 episode season. So this isn't the end...

Oh well that was a fun watch. I look forward to seeing more. At least I hope to see more.

Theonik

Kaiji S2 03
The Zawa is happening #ZawaZawa #KaijiIsDumb

Bro don't question it and just let the zawa moe overwhelm you!
Don't get me wrong, it's not the show that's silly. I just can't believe Kaiji. I think I'll watch Akagi after this.

Nafe

Speaking of which, is there ANYONE here who managed to make it to the end of Saint Seiya Omega? It should be finished or about to finish and apparently Toei has decided not to continue with more seasons, but it was apparently sub Doki-tier by all accounts and I'd like to know if there was actually anyone who had the willpower to see it through.

I actually haven't seen what I think was the last episode this week yet but basically that would be a yes. I thought the first part was actually alright but this second half was more just battle after battle.

Maybe I just really haven't seen enough shounen shows but I remember watching a bit of DragonBall Z years ago and it often times could just be battle after battle that dragged on with the animation being really hit and miss. I've seen the first part of Bleach and when the group was going to help Rukia I remember it more battle after battle with the different generals there as well.

While it maybe wasn't great I'm not sure then how it really compares to typical shounen stuff. This last episode kind of went Mai-Hime though as well as doing just like Doki Doki where
everyone gave Koga a bit of their power so he could go super mode and take on the final antagonist.

Can't have animosity without anime.

I came across this the one time and thought of you guys here in the thread,haha.

tumblr_mnd65eGgag1ssbq4vo1_500.gif

SDBurton

There's something wrong here. SDBurton has been replaced by a body snatcher.

In contrast to most shows, there's something about the Gundam series where its more difficult to find a legit yuri pairing. Like, if I had to think of one right off my head I would say Roux x Elle just for the amazing hate sex they could have.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Hmmm. AnimeGAF. What should I watch next? G Gundam for the lulz, or Tatami Galaxy because I hear good things?
Haven't seen the other one, but Tatami Galaxy is a slow burner. You're sitting there watching it wondering what the hell it's trying to do and then at the end it's all OOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Kinda like Night on the Galactic Railroad, but longer.

But there's no e in animosity.
You just said it. "E".

wonzo

Banned
Kaiji S2 03
The Zawa is happening #ZawaZawa #KaijiIsDumb

Don't get me wrong, it's not the show that's silly. I just can't believe Kaiji. I think I'll watch Akagi after this.
I'd really only recommend Akagi if you know your shit when it comes to mahjong otherwise it's just a boring 26 episodes.

Despite my interest in little sister types, I have never watched Oreimo because it delved into the creepy territory.

Do I just watch season 1 or what.

Haven't seen the other one, but Tatami Galaxy is a slow burner. You're sitting there watching it wondering what the hell it's trying to do and then at the end it's all OOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Kinda like Night on the Galactic Railroad, but longer.

You just said it. "E".

And after your done saying "OOOOOOHHHHHHHHH" you'll be left saying this could've been done so much better and with fewer episodes.

I take an aggregate opinion, plus I have nothing against you or anybody here. So far Tatami Galaxy seems to be winning, but tell me what you think if you feel like it. Either ways I'm planning on watching both.

Obviously I just started G Gundam. They are very different anime. So it really comes down to what you want. Do you want to be questioning why your watching what your watching and not have the faintest idea what's going on until about episode 8,9,10? Watch Tatami Galaxy. Do you want action and some semblance of what's going on? Watch G Gundam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom